June 03, 2024, 06:02:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #684 10/3 - 10/7/2007  (Read 236731 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2007, 12:08:57 PM »

FYI - I have emailed screenshots to Greta for her to forward to her IT people that show them exactly what the "BUG" is in her blog software.

For those at SM that haven't read back in this thread.  On Greta's blog there is a section for you to post a reply that looks like this:

What has happened a couple of times now for me is that someone elses nickname and email address showed up.  I did take screen shots of those but will not post here.  Like I said, I have forwarded them to Greta so they can resolve the issue.

Funny is that one of those I saw was for MediaTruthSeeker and it just so happened to have an email address known to me to be Moonshadows.   Laughing

thanks for explaining that Klaas...I had no idea what THEy were talking about!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
crazybabyborg
« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2007, 12:12:38 PM »

How long does it take for a post to show up? I;ve posted, but it's not there. You guys are the best! I love reading Greta, and seeing you all!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2007, 12:12:57 PM »

Sunny - don't feel bad, I don't think Greta knew what they were talking about either.  That's why I forwarded the screen shots to Greta so she can show her IT people.  It's a definate bug in the software that should be corrected.
adoronron
Scared Monkey

« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2007, 12:15:01 PM »

Hi all.
I've been lurking for several months since my last post. It's been a long busy summer here.
I don't have Beth's book, but watched Greta last night and have a couple of questions for those that have read or are reading Beth's book.
Was the DEA agent retired or not? I always thought he was referred to as retired, but Beth on Greta said "the DEA agent". Does Beth's book indicate how long the DEA agent stayed in communication with the Holloway's after their first night on Aruba?

Ado
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »

How long does it take for a post to show up? I;ve posted, but it's not there. You guys are the best! I love reading Greta, and seeing you all!

Just depends.  They just processed a bunch but sometimes it takes a while.  For instance, on the SM front page all the comments go into a "moderation" area.  They won't show up until they are approved first.  I suspect Greta's blog has something similar and it takes a human to process them.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2007, 12:19:11 PM »

Hi all.
I've been lurking for several months since my last post. It's been a long busy summer here.
I don't have Beth's book, but watched Greta last night and have a couple of questions for those that have read or are reading Beth's book.
Was the DEA agent retired or not? I always thought he was referred to as retired, but Beth on Greta said "the DEA agent". Does Beth's book indicate how long the DEA agent stayed in communication with the Holloway's after their first night on Aruba?

Ado

That DEA agent knew more than he let on... much more...How is that?  He was left early on after the Sloot visit and was never heard from again. That I know of.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2007, 12:22:11 PM »

Has anyone seen any early numbers on how the book is selling?  Sure hope they are fabulous and believe they will be.  Remember controversy sells so maybe even the haters will generate a few sales.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2007, 12:23:13 PM »

IIRC it was posted last week that the DEA guy, Williams? was only there the first night Beth arrived.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2007, 12:24:46 PM »

Has anyone seen any early numbers on how the book is selling?  Sure hope they are fabulous and believe they will be.  Remember controversy sells so maybe even the haters will generate a few sales.

You can see these numbers on the Amazon site but it's not indicative of all sales:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #144 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)
Popular in these categories: (What's this?)

#1 in   Books > Parenting & Families > Family Relationships
#3 in   Books > Nonfiction > True Accounts > True Crime
#13 in   Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2007, 12:25:43 PM »

IIRC it was posted last week that the DEA guy, Williams? was only there the first night Beth arrived.

wasn't he said to be "on vacation" ?  with the dea anything is possible.
dennisintn
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2007, 12:26:28 PM »

Which might make sense if he were truly retired or retiring.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2007, 12:27:52 PM »

Hi all.

Ado

Good to see you, Ado,

I do hope you will post more as your post were some of the most insightful I have read.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2007, 12:28:08 PM »

In Beth's book she says that the coach may have found a DEA agent that can help.
adoronron
Scared Monkey

« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2007, 12:28:24 PM »

Lalas

"That DEA agent knew more than he let on... much more...How is that?  He was left early on after the Sloot visit and was never heard from again. That I know of."

I absolutly agree with you. And I am now wondering just who's side he was one in all this. He told Beth and company to wait for him to arrive at the Sloot's. And if he was an active agent which I think he was, then he may have had an idea as to what had happened.

Ado
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »

Sunny - don't feel bad, I don't think Greta knew what they were talking about either.  That's why I forwarded the screen shots to Greta so she can show her IT people.  It's a definate bug in the software that should be corrected.
Klaas,
You are really neat for doing that.
And I'm amazed how you figured it out.  I'm in awe. Hats off to you!

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2007, 12:29:48 PM »

You can see these numbers on the Amazon site but it's not indicative of all sales:

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #144 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books)
Popular in these categories: (What's this?)

#1 in   Books > Parenting & Families > Family Relationships
#3 in   Books > Nonfiction > True Accounts > True Crime
#13 in   Books > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality

I think that's great!  Yes, just the Amazon site but still may be indicative of the general trend.

Sure hope it is.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2007, 12:32:23 PM »

#74 at B&N!

Think I will try to check Wal Mart.

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2007, 12:33:19 PM »

Klaas,
You are really neat for doing that.
And I'm amazed how you figured it out.  I'm in awe. Hats off to you!

NM - what are the odds that I would catch the bug and that one of the emails showing would be Moonshadows?   Laughing
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »

I don't know Jacobs history with Aruba..so I will have to guess on this one again.. What is there to preserve?  If you use the word babylon and take it to mean more than just the Dutch, but the underlying actions in regard to the illegal activities then you have to think about who the lordship is.  Shango says his lordships is only here to keep babylon intact.  What was babylon?  I won't go into detail, someone will have the answer I am sure. But isn't babylon a place or term used to describe things in a state of confusion and turmoil.  Was it not the largest city for it's time, before it's destruction from what?  Sin? the need to keep it in place as a zone of comfort and economy would be of utmost importance...do want to see all you have gone in an instant...sorry I am digressing again.. they didn't care about Paulus the "elder" they cared more about what this particular "elder" could do for them and to them if the need should arise.  Paulus knew too much.  He knows the achille's heel of the island.  That is his only power, but it is power to accomplish what has happened. He had the ability to dispose of a body never to be found again. We already know this.

Shango Says: June 26th, 2005 at 9:32 pm
His lordship is there to preserve babylon
not the elder
remember dirtyhand!

Shango Says: June 26th, 2005 at 9:35 pm
DirtyHand is not an Arawak
Many pioneers have settled with the tribe

Could the tribe by a reference to ALE?  Jacobs was in the narcotics division...not the homicide division. He was assigned there or maybe he just took it upon himself to be in the right place at the right time. hmmmm.

Lala's -- I am readying to go out of town tomorrow -- or I would really like to have this dance with you. Timing. Story of my life  Rolling Eyes

IMO -- Babylon and Babylonian, etc -- refer to the corruption 'machine', particularly the police.

It is a common Caribbean term -- and imo, Shango by definition has a 'caribbean culture'.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=babylon
Urban dictionary:

babylon 

The state, the system, particularly when corrupt or authoritarian. Also the police, as they are the agents of the threat of force that the state derives it's power from.

A term originating from Jamaica to describe the police

I also want to add that the definition of  'Arawak' applies to the native Arubans -- but it also refers to natives of Surinam and a few other Caribbean nations.

I hope I have wi-fi while I'm gone so I can watch your 'dance'. I enjoy it very much  Very Happy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »

If we are going to discuss the DEA agent I have a few questions...

How could a person on vacation, claiming to be DEA, know how to get in touch with the man that operates the cell phones on Aruba so easily? Why do they meet a a gas station and not at the hotel?  I have to admit that was one of the more screwy things I read.  Then this DEA guy allows Beth to get in a car with CC?  I was thinking that was above weird. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.