June 03, 2024, 06:35:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #684 10/3 - 10/7/2007  (Read 236738 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: October 07, 2007, 07:13:42 PM »

More from dugo when questioned at RU:

question

Wouldn't the "interested party" have to have some witnesses though in order to prove there is a complaint? Or does the attorney just present a document to the court and the court asks questions of the opposing party to determine whether there should be an Article 12?

If you wouldn't mind could you explain the entire procedure? TIA

dugo
Interested party files a written complaint (klaagschrift), then the attorney general (advocaat-generaal) gives a written report on wether or not the complaint has any grounds (does the complaining party have an actual interest etc..) and wether or not to reject the complaint. The the court (het hof) considers the facts and circumstances presented and makes a decision. The court either rejects the complaint (Het hof wijst het beklag af) or forces the prosecution to prosecute the matter (Het hof wijst het beklag toe).

Just want to get this posted, in case it does happen.  Otherwise, I'll never find it again.  Rolling Eyes
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #901 on: October 07, 2007, 07:15:01 PM »

NYC_lover

Thanks for the real deal.

Wonder if they will attempt prosecution, to avoid this.  Do you have any idea how
prelevant these cases are?

This all is not easy to tell, it is one the judge for to tell, in that situation. But I know, when there is no evidence to the suspects in a case, then there is acquittal, by then court and also by the Supreme Court of the state of the The Netherlands. When the public prosecutor have no evidence to show in the court, to the judge, then I am sure there is come acquittal. Because a public prosecutor must make and have hard evidence for to show the judge, for to get an sentence/conviction.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: October 07, 2007, 07:19:28 PM »

Wonder if they will attempt prosecution, to avoid this.

That's what i was just thinking -all these delays - must be for a reason.

Dugo's latest appears to present a scenerio where if Pros. Lugo ices the case, then the interested party would appeal to AG Jorg. Who would then give an opinion on the interested party's position, and present it to the judges, who would then force a prosecution - or not. My question would be...which judges? Aruba, Curacao...or the motherland?

I'm not sure, either.  Wouldn't the first call, to prosecute fall to Lugo/Jorg.  Can these two actually be separated? Isn't that the same office...so the appeal would go to a court of some sort.  How can you appeal to the same office that ruled not to prosecute?  Lugo isn't independent, is she??
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #903 on: October 07, 2007, 07:23:41 PM »

It would make sense that the appeal is made with some court and then Jorg (as AG) is given a chance to respond to the complaint (against his staff).  Then some judge decides if the complaint is valid and either orders Jorg to prosecute or dismisses the case.

Since this makes sense, I'm probably way off base.  Rolling Eyes
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: October 07, 2007, 07:29:16 PM »

if they have a choice, holland is the only way to go.  curacao and aruba are hooked at the hip in a lot more ways than one.  partners in crime, so to speak.
dennisintn
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #905 on: October 07, 2007, 07:32:18 PM »

if they have a choice, holland is the only way to go.  curacao and aruba are hooked at the hip in a lot more ways than one.  partners in crime, so to speak.
dennisintn

Now that I believe.  They even seem to have the same web designer and content when searching for stuff.
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #906 on: October 07, 2007, 07:33:13 PM »

My belief all along has been the Hague is there to handle the corruption. Not only in the Kingdom, but in atrocities such as Rwanda.

I also believe that the Hague does not like to prosecute those case, but acts as a back up in the event that Justice is not able to be reached or carried out in the home country or was denied in a corrupt system.

Unfortunately Aruba is part of the Kingdom and part of the corruption. Something they have been aware of for over two years. In fact the Hague and those in charge have been aware of the problem in Aruba for over a decade.

As Beth said - 'Someone is lobbying for Joran in the Hague. There has to be'...paraphrased.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: October 07, 2007, 07:33:19 PM »

Wouldn't the first call, to prosecute fall to Lugo/Jorg.  Can these two actually be separated?

Not realistically, IMO. Everything is connected in Aruba as far as i can see...and that's the problem. But i am sure they can shuffle some papers and file some paperwork that gives the appearance of separation. I think that's how they do it.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #908 on: October 07, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »

Is Nico Jorg responsible for this investigation?  Does he direct Lugo's actions?  The KLPD report (that Rudi Croes asked for) was delivered to Nico Jorg (AG), according to an article in Amigo (long ago), before they returned to the island.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: October 07, 2007, 07:51:28 PM »

Is Nico Jorg responsible for this investigation?  Does he direct Lugo's actions?  The KLPD report (that Rudi Croes asked for) was delivered to Nico Jorg (AG), according to an article in Amigo (long ago), before they returned to the island.

The mess between KJ and AG Croes in June 05 tells me that the Pros does not have to take orders from the AG once the case is assigned. But i would not be surprised if Lugo/Jorg are working together on this...in some sort of equal partnership. Jorg was involved in the Paulus compensation case.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #910 on: October 07, 2007, 07:59:05 PM »

The mess between KJ and AG Croes in June 05 tells me that the Pros does not have to take orders from the AG once the case is assigned. But i would not be surprised if Lugo/Jorg are working together on this...in some sort of equal partnership. Jorg was involved in the Paulus compensation case.

Well, I think there is more than one prosecutor on the island.  Does the AG appoint the one to a certain case??
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #911 on: October 07, 2007, 08:00:03 PM »

Radio interview by Beth in Michigan.  Intro is a little rough.

http://www.wjr.com/Article.asp?id=488337&spid=6521
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #912 on: October 07, 2007, 08:07:51 PM »

Aruba claims in correspondence to Alabama Governor Bob Riley that the parents of Natalee Holloway need to pursue the Dutch administration which appoints the prosecutor ... if there are concerns with the investigation.

Janet

+++++++++++++++++

Dave Holloway
Scarborough Country
November 7, 2005

Scarborough: Another strange twist in the Holloway story tonight. Aruba authorities have sent a letter to Alabama Governor Bob Riley that may make a new investigation even harder to move forward with.

The letter says in part:

“The chief prosecutor leading the investigation and the General Prosecutor are appointed by the Kingdom Government in the Hague. Because of separation of powers, the government of Aruba has no authority to intervene in the investigation.”

Dept. of Foreign Affairs, Nov. 4
Source: Dept of Foreign Affairs, Aruba

Scarborough: After all these months you and your family have been suffering, you find out that the Aruba authorities claim they have absolutely no say in this investigation?
Where do you go from here?

Holloway: Well, that’s really unbelievable that they take the wash their hands approach. We’re going to proceed on with The Hague, I guess. Also, our six page letter we were asked to provide to the Attorney General and we provided a carbon copy to the PM and Condoleezza Rice. We have not heard a response to that letter yet.

Scarborough: Dave, I’ve been asking the question for months on people down on the ground down in Aruba who has the power to run this investigation? Who has the power to hire? Who has the power to fire? Who has the power to subpoena? Nobody seems to know. This really does look like a banana republic down there. Anytime anyone gets cornered down there, they just point the finger across the Atlantic.

Holloway: Well, that seems to be the case. We’ve been running around in circles for five months now. When we reduce it down to writing, they put it back in writing and it’s obvious they are pointing the finger somewhere else now.

Beth Twitty
On the Record w/ Greta
November 9, 2005

VAN SUSTEREN: All right, the idea of the boycott and Governor Riley how did this come about?

TWITTY: You know, Greta, I was thinking about that. Aruba really has made us evolve to this position because, you know, what Aruba and The Hague have done to us is they've been dishonest from the beginning. If they would just have been forthcoming from the beginning to lead us to the proper authorities we would never be in this position right now.

VAN SUSTEREN: Can you identify one particular person, if we could sort of chisel away and find out who it is that we need to get to, to get information, so that we can sort of break this log jam who is that person?

TWITTY: Well, I think that's the $64 question and now we've got Aruba playing the blame game with The Hague. I mean I thought only the suspects were doing the blame game. It looks like Aruba and The Hague now are playing the blame game, Greta. It's hard to tell.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right and just so that the viewers, I understand what you're talking about, you got a letter in which it explained what the Arubans said to you that The Hague has been calling the shots, is that right, in the investigation?

TWITTY: Yes, they're saying, in the letter it states that the Aruban government has no authority to intervene in the investigation. Now then why have we been running around on the island submitting written and verbal requests for help from the governor, from the minister of justice, the prime minister? I mean the list is endless, Greta.

VAN SUSTEREN: Is there, I mean like where is most of your frustration? Is it directed at a particular person? I mean I know that fundamentally that you want information about your daughter. Every parent wants that. But is there someone who you think is standing in the way more than another?

TWITTY: I don't think it's someone. I think it's something. I think it's the dishonesty that has been coming out of that island since May 31st and all we have wanted for them to be as honest with us and be forthcoming and tell us and lead us in the proper direction. That's all we've asked. That's all we've asked of them.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: October 07, 2007, 08:11:58 PM »

Well, I think there is more than one prosecutor on the island.  Does the AG appoint the one to a certain case??

I don't know...something tells me that TF Croes -did not- assign the NH case to KJ. IIRC, she was out of the country at the time. Maybe Rudy? Paulus?  silent
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: October 07, 2007, 08:19:55 PM »

Radio interview by Beth in Michigan.  Intro is a little rough.

http://www.wjr.com/Article.asp?id=488337&spid=6521

I've saved the audio and may either put it in photobucket or youtube as well.
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #915 on: October 07, 2007, 08:29:19 PM »

Is there any word whether the Kalpoes turned over all their
documents ordered by california court??

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: October 07, 2007, 08:33:51 PM »

Not that we have heard.  The deadline has passed though.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #917 on: October 07, 2007, 08:45:11 PM »

Not that I have read.. of course I am lost anymore.
 Those 2 would probably prefer to wipe thier ass with a cactus plant before they would ever turn over docs. IMO   Wink
Sue
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: October 07, 2007, 08:47:36 PM »

Not that I have read.. of course I am lost anymore.
 Those 2 would probably prefer to wipe thier ass with a cactus plant before they would ever turn over docs. IMO   Wink

OMG how funny almost choked on a piece of pizza reading that

Joran, Deepak & Satish You F***ers will never be worth anything in your life ever
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: October 07, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »

Here's that radio interview Beth did on October 4th in Michigan.  It's about 7 minutes long:

Click on the photo

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.