May 28, 2024, 02:33:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 2 - 5/10/11  (Read 150482 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #840 on: May 10, 2011, 09:24:35 PM »

am i imagining it, or didn't the defense argue against a gag order early on in this case?

Yes, they did so problems with the jury pool is theirs................I said at the time it would come back to bite them in the butt and it has, so they can't appeal on that issue.

Thanks Turbo! Does anyone know how recently anyone on the defense gave an interview?

Baez had a sit down appearance just last week, for one.    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-05-04/news/os-jose-baez-hispanic-journalists-20110504_1_casey-anthony-case-jose-baez-defense-team

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #841 on: May 10, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »

Is having a lawyer that can't hear properly grounds for a appeal later when they don't get what they want and she is sentenced ?

cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: May 10, 2011, 09:33:01 PM »

Mark Nejame just told Nancy Grace he believed KC would take the stand and I could swear I heard him tell her you wait and see..so Nejame and Brad Conway think KC will testify..Imagine the state on cross..what a show that would be..admission = free..justice for Caylee= priceless  ::justice2NJ::

In a way she almost has to take the stand.  She has no defense at this point.  Everything is going to be introduced and the only story she has out there is zany the nanny.  As it stands, she has no explanation for any of the evidence or her behavior.  I can't imagine that it will help her to testify in the long run but psychopaths (if she is one) do lie easily.  She obviously can lie with ease and no qualms, it is just those darn facts that get in her way.  If she had a plausible story given to her to lie about, I think she be convincing to a jury UP TO the point of the cross.  Then she would be toast.  I think she is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.  She just isn't a criminal mastermind and even if she had an excellent defense team, she didn't give them much to work with.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: May 10, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »

Geesh......few words and mighty words from JS to sum up Casey.    I gotta slow down.....

wow, when I googled it said this
500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, show them this information:

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #844 on: May 10, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »

am i imagining it, or didn't the defense argue against a gag order early on in this case?

Yes, they did so problems with the jury pool is theirs................I said at the time it would come back to bite them in the butt and it has, so they can't appeal on that issue.

Thanks!
Thanks Turbo! Does anyone know how recently anyone on the defense gave an interview?

Baez had a sit down appearance just last week, for one.    http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-05-04/news/os-jose-baez-hispanic-journalists-20110504_1_casey-anthony-case-jose-baez-defense-team

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: May 10, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »

Geesh......few words and mighty words from JS to sum up Casey.    I gotta slow down.....

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

the next search brought this up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GytMpGpEcuI

Is this real? omg

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: May 10, 2011, 09:42:13 PM »

when Tupelo and I were at court in March..one of the witnesses who I think was a policeman or detective came up to us and asked if we were witnesses...we said no and then I think that I asked him, Are you? at which time he turned around and said "no", but he was..the witnesses were all in the hallway waiting to testify,most police officers I believe, right outside the courtroom with everyone else..You would think that they would be in a room away from the general public..No one that I was aware of was monitoring the conversation out there. The Anthony's were also traipsing up and down that hall, standing outside talking as were the reporters etc....What do you recall Tupes?

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #847 on: May 10, 2011, 09:42:49 PM »

So, I caught up.  I had to sleep today.  Could not stand not hearing anybody talking.  Are they going to continue this with no microphones?  Can they do that during the actual trial?  The duffense makes me sick.

I did not see whether the judge ruled on the new duffense motion? 

Ugh, do they ever give up?  How many times does the judge have to redeny motions befoer they stop refiling the same motion? 

49 jurors sent home.  Tsk Tsk Tsk.

IMO, unless they go to Uguanda, they will not find anybody who does not think she is guilty, and even Uguanda is pushing it.

What happens if they cannot find jurors who do not already think she is guilty? 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #848 on: May 10, 2011, 09:45:52 PM »

I repeat, is this for real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GytMpGpEcuI

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

!!1
« Reply #849 on: May 10, 2011, 09:52:59 PM »

NG - Jinkasaurus just said that KC wears makeup in court.  I did not think they allowed makeup in jail. 

Oooh! I know the answer for this one!

During my internship at a local jail, there was a JUDGE from about 300 miles away. She'd gotten popped for drunk (superdrunk!) driving. She purchased crayons and colored pencils...and used them as her makeup! Honest to God. So that's why Krzy is always playing with crayons...she takes her make=up to court and "touches up" during the breaks.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: May 10, 2011, 09:53:17 PM »

yep

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: May 10, 2011, 09:54:10 PM »

the next search brought this up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GytMpGpEcuI

Is this real? omg
Best thing I heard all day...the clanging of KC's shackles. LOL
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: May 10, 2011, 09:58:02 PM »

I only got through the first 58 pages of Mallory's depo..but somewhere in there ..the pages jumped so much I couldn't find it again...they are asking Mallory if she ever used the A's computer and she said no.  Then they ask if she had ever searched for chloroform on the computer..and if anyone ever told her a search for chloroform came up under her name?  What..did anyone else read that?  Where were they going with that..did that search come up under Mallory's log-on ?  Isn't that considered stealing too..if you log-in to a computer as someone else..kinda like stealing their on-line id?    It is late ..maybe I misread..but that would be something if it came up under Mallory when she never used that computer.   

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: May 10, 2011, 10:03:54 PM »

I only got through the first 58 pages of Mallory's depo..but somewhere in there ..the pages jumped so much I couldn't find it again...they are asking Mallory if she ever used the A's computer and she said no.  Then they ask if she had ever searched for chloroform on the computer..and if anyone ever told her a search for chloroform came up under her name?  What..did anyone else read that?  Where were they going with that..did that search come up under Mallory's log-on ?  Isn't that considered stealing too..if you log-in to a computer as someone else..kinda like stealing their on-line id?    It is late ..maybe I misread..but that would be something if it came up under Mallory when she never used that computer.   

It was hard to read, so I'm hesitant to repeat anything I "think" I may have read. I don't recall anything in the depo about the chloroform searches conducted under Mallory's name, but I do remember them asking her if she had access to the A's computer in the guest room and when she may have used it, if at all. They asked her if she had done any searches for chloroform and mMllory claimed she had not used the A's computer until after Caylee had gone missing and she was veiwing "tips" that came in and forwarding them to LE in an effort to help the family find Caylee.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #854 on: May 10, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »

when Tupelo and I were at court in March..one of the witnesses who I think was a policeman or detective came up to us and asked if we were witnesses...we said no and then I think that I asked him, Are you? at which time he turned around and said "no", but he was..the witnesses were all in the hallway waiting to testify,most police officers I believe, right outside the courtroom with everyone else..You would think that they would be in a room away from the general public..No one that I was aware of was monitoring the conversation out there. The Anthony's were also traipsing up and down that hall, standing outside talking as were the reporters etc....What do you recall Tupes?
You are correct. Finally I believe the LE officers finally congregated at the end of the hall by the windows, away from the courtroom.  Hopefully during trial, the witnesses will actually be sequestered in rooms, with officers present.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: May 10, 2011, 10:07:53 PM »

Mallory Parker Deposition
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/79226306/20110505-Mallory-Parker-Depo
(H/T Muzikman)

Just read part of Mallory's depo and had to stop and literally throw up when I came to the part of the great celebration the first time momster got released.  They had a quiet family dinner with bozo and wife and didn't talk about Caylee at all.  Just wanted it to be light.  wtf is wrong with these people!!!!!  She said they would get to the "nitty gritty" the next day.  Are you kidding me -- a precious baby is "missing" and they have a nice dinner celebration????
I couldn't read anymore -- it is making me sick!

I know.
Mallory and Lee are a match made in heaven.
She finds nothing strange that they celebrated Casey's release from jail and no questions regarding the "kidnapping" of Caylee.
I hate that docstop site. It always gives me a problem.
I did manage to read it. Mallory is a loser like the rest of the family.

I have a problem with the docstoc site also lately. I also like to download the pdf to read locally on my computer, and I don't have a paid account with them to be able to do it.

So I cannot read it, although I'd like to be able to. Maybe the media will release it soon.

Agreed, Mallory is just like the other Anthonys in my mind. Probably not worth reading.

It took forever to download to mine and that is very unusual. I actually left, went upstairs, fixed a sandwich and came back before it was downloaded, so it may be the site.

It is not very interesting and her answers were way too rehearsed sounding to suit me. I will be looking forward to seeing her in court. One thing I did find interesting was when she said Cindy & George became "panicked" over Caylee being gone. July 2 or 3rd - which was right after the plumber was there. I do believe there is a definite connection to what that plumbing emergency was and them thinking Caylee was dead. I think she said that either her or Lee set up the myspace for Cindy to get in touch with KC & her friends.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: May 10, 2011, 10:11:49 PM »

So, I caught up.  I had to sleep today.  Could not stand not hearing anybody talking.  Are they going to continue this with no microphones?  Can they do that during the actual trial?  The duffense makes me sick.

I did not see whether the judge ruled on the new duffense motion? 

Ugh, do they ever give up?  How many times does the judge have to redeny motions befoer they stop refiling the same motion? 

49 jurors sent home.  Tsk Tsk Tsk.

IMO, unless they go to Uguanda, they will not find anybody who does not think she is guilty, and even Uguanda is pushing it.

What happens if they cannot find jurors who do not already think she is guilty? 

Just my opinion but...I think Baez should have convinced Casey to accept a plea...but his agenda prevented that from happening.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #857 on: May 10, 2011, 10:15:56 PM »

One thing which tells us (like we didn't already know) that ALL of them KNEW Caylee was dead was the "celebratory" dinner when KC first got out of jail and Caylee's name was never mentioned. Keep in mind this child was supposed to be out there with the nanny who didn't return her and NO ONE mentions what they need to do to find her. Of course I felt sure when they NEVER went anywhere looking for her. ANY parent or grandparent would be out of their mind looking for that baby not sitting down with the perp's lawyer to a celebration and never mentioning her name.

Mallory is a good match in that family as she is as nutty as the rest of them. What person could just sit there at that dinner and not ask what they found out about Caylee? Maybe even she knew she was dead and rotting in the swamp.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
4myjoey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #858 on: May 10, 2011, 10:16:10 PM »

Sentinel exclusive: Letter from potential Casey Anthony juror who was dismissed from case

To whom it may concern:

I was one of the 50 potential jurors excused from service on the Casey Anthony trial today because of "tainting" caused by one juror, who discussed her first-hand knowledge of the case in the presence of several others.

I want to suggest, to avoid a repeat of my experience, that during the remainder of the selection process for this and all other highly sensitive cases coming through the 6th Judicial Circuit, you tell each and every person who reports for jury service that HE/SHE IS NOT TO DISCUSS ANYTHING ABOUT ANY CASE PRIOR TO, OR DURING, THE PROCESS OF VOIR DIRE (I.E. BEFORE BEING EXCUSED FROM SERVICE).

I can tell you that in spite of the Chief Judge's video clip shown to all jurors prior to the random selection of those 50 of us who were asked to return in the afternoon, and even when all of us were standing in front of Courtroom 1 waiting to be ushered in, there was much speculative chit-chat amongst jurors about whether we were there for the Casey Anthony trial. It was at that point that I happened to be standing near the woman who was involved in the search and rescue of the victim in this case, and she voiced the opinion that she wouldn't be chosen because of her involvement.

More at the link.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/os-casey-anthony-juror-letter-20110510,0,384110.story
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: May 10, 2011, 10:18:30 PM »

the whole Ant family and Maggot are all sickos...who could not ask questions when a child who would normally be at that dinner table is missing. and no one asks a question about her?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.