May 28, 2024, 08:03:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #702 12/7 - 12/8/2007  (Read 241291 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »

Thanks Klaas-

So we're not surprised by this and we're resolute to stick it to the powers-that-be in Aruba right?

I think I"m taller than Renho, I know I'm prettier and smarter too. Who wants to tag team her with me?

I will.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2007, 10:25:01 AM »

Courts & judges

16. All judges appointed by the Queen. Not through elections or political appointments.

17. Appointed for life.

18. Judges must follow special, rigorous training of 6 years, to qualify for appointment.

19. Alternate judges can be appointed based on trial experience & specific expertise

20. Trial by 1 judge in Court of First Instance of Aruba

21. Appeals handled by 3 judges of the Common Courts of Appeals of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba

22. Appeals at the Supreme Court in the Hague, Netherlands

23. Decision of the supreme court do no constitute legally binding precedent, there's no official stare decisis. Although lower courts tend to follow supreme court views.

24. Role of the examining judge: (i) during pre-trial to independently examine the legality of procedural aspects & well-being of suspects; (ii) upon instruction of the trialing judge to examine or cross-examine witnesses at request of defense; can't take the role of a trial judge.

25. Examining judge as a rule not the same individual as trialing judge, to ensure objectivity and impartialness

http://www.aruba.com/about/judicialsystem.php

No wonder they don't care what kind of rulings they make.  It's not as though they can be fired easily.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2007, 10:25:29 AM »

will the lack of evidence to support manslaughter charges, per ale, against the kalpoes help them in california lawsuit ?? anyone..........

Been wondering that myself...I thought we were supposed to hear something about that today...anyone?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2007, 10:27:02 AM »

will the lack of evidence to support manslaughter charges, per ale, against the kalpoes help them in california lawsuit ?? anyone..........

Been wondering that myself...I thought we were supposed to hear something about that today...anyone?

There is a hearing scheduled in the Los Angeles courthouse but we probably won't know what happened today.
chelebele
Scared Monkey

« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2007, 10:28:17 AM »

I, for one, think Glenda is outside KIA, hiding in a bush with her laptop, typing "Joran's being released" everytime the door opens just in case it's him so she can be first to tell everyone.  Rolling Eyes
Getagrip
Scared Monkey

« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2007, 10:29:45 AM »

Nothing major in today's Diario. Let's see what goes down today.

Decision about prolongation of Joran va der Sloot’s detention may come down today
http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2007/12/decision-about-prolongation-of-joran-va.html
DIARIO Aruba
12/07/07

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Thursday, there were many false rumours going around that Joran van der Sloot, suspect in the case of the disappearance and death of Natalee Holloway, had been set free.

This, however, wasn’t true. Thursday, the prolongation of his detention was heard, and his lawyer and the judge responsible for this presented themselves at KIA.

All of the Public Ministry’s points against Joran were brought forth once again and if everything goes well, today the decision will come down as to whether Joran will remain in KIA or if he can go back home.

Prosecutor Kruimel also tells DIARIO that she was surprised that the false news came out that Joran had already been set free. DIARIO will continue to follow this case closely as always and bring forth any new development.

[translated by Getagrip]

-------->  Aruba = Opposite World  <--------
Stella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2007, 10:30:19 AM »

Courts & judges

16. All judges appointed by the Queen. Not through elections or political appointments.

17. Appointed for life.

18. Judges must follow special, rigorous training of 6 years, to qualify for appointment.

19. Alternate judges can be appointed based on trial experience & specific expertise

21. Appeals handled by 3 judges of the Common Courts of Appeals of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba

23. Decision of the supreme court do no constitute legally binding precedent, there's no official stare decisis. Although lower courts tend to follow supreme court views.

24. Role of the examining judge: (i) during pre-trial to independently examine the legality of procedural aspects & well-being of suspects; (ii) upon instruction of the trialing judge to examine or cross-examine witnesses at request of defense; can't take the role of a trial judge.

25. Examining judge as a rule not the same individual as trialing judge, to ensure objectivity and impartialness

No wonder they don't care what kind of rulings they make.  It's not as though they can be fired easily.

Anna, all our U.S. Federal Judges (so called Article III judges) are appointed for life as well.
JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2007, 10:31:04 AM »

I, for one, think Glenda is outside KIA, hiding in a bush with her laptop, typing "Joran's being released" everytime the door opens just in case it's him so she can be first to tell everyone.  Rolling Eyes
  Haha, probably so.

Laughing Rolling Eyes

From Day One..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2007, 10:31:04 AM »

Thanks Getagrip!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2007, 10:32:25 AM »

I can see her doing that.  I have to go work but wanted some OFFICIAL word before I did.  The way they are toying with our emotions, the Office of the Prosecution will probably wait until the last thing today.

Does anyone get the idea this is to just wear us our emotionally and exhaust our support and enthusiasm for Justice for Natalee?  Just keep us on that roller coaster until we are so drained emotionally, they think we can't go on?

If it is, they are very wrong about us and our determination.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

JustMeT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2007, 10:32:28 AM »

Nothing major in today's Diario. Let's see what goes down today.

Decision about prolongation of Joran va der Sloot’s detention may come down today
http://getagripmonkey.blogspot.com/2007/12/decision-about-prolongation-of-joran-va.html
DIARIO Aruba
12/07/07

ORANJESTAD(AAN): Thursday, there were many false rumours going around that Joran van der Sloot, suspect in the case of the disappearance and death of Natalee Holloway, had been set free.

This, however, wasn’t true. Thursday, the prolongation of his detention was heard, and his lawyer and the judge responsible for this presented themselves at KIA.

All of the Public Ministry’s points against Joran were brought forth once again and if everything goes well, today the decision will come down as to whether Joran will remain in KIA or if he can go back home.

Prosecutor Kruimel also tells DIARIO that she was surprised that the false news came out that Joran had already been set free. DIARIO will continue to follow this case closely as always and bring forth any new development.

[translated by Getagrip]
GOOD NEWS! Thanks for sharing!

From Day One..
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2007, 10:33:08 AM »

There is a hearing scheduled in the Los Angeles courthouse but we probably won't know what happened today.

Thanks Klaas....I realized that after I posted...too mad to think straight Mad Mad
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2007, 10:33:24 AM »

Someone really needs to punch her in the head

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2007, 10:35:59 AM »

Was Anita wearing a purple outfit?  I do believe that was her at the Curacao airport sitting 3 rows behind Joran.  I know I am the only one who believes this or cares, but I think it is indicitive of the prior knowledge that the case would go nowhere and she was there to warn Joran to keep his mouth shut once he got to Aruba.  JMO of course, but I rarely post ridiculous claims. 

Leslie, you are not the only one who cares about whether or not that was Anita at the airport and I know that you don't post ridiculous claims.  I believe it could be her at the airport but I am just not sure because of that particular picture.

I don't think it was. Somewhere there is a video clip of him walking to that spot where he was sitting and in that clip it shows the person you are speaking of in a better view...will see if I can find it. If I remember correctly...it is a man, not a woman. Let me go look.

I am sorry...I can't find it ...but I know I saw it. Neutral

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2007, 10:36:58 AM »

Courts & judges

17. Appointed for life.

Anna, all our U.S. Federal Judges (so called Article III judges) are appointed for life as well.

The single largest problem with any system is it judiciary/judges.  If you elect them, they become crooks to get elected.  If they are appointed, they had to be crooks to be appointed.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »

Yes but they are subjected to a careful screening process and not appointed by a Queen only.  And we have constant judicial review.  I don't see these answering to anybody.  And so are our Supreme Court Justices.

I was not implying that ours were not but merely thinking that we are not likely to get rid of Smit, Smid, etc. at any time during this.  Only Witt seems to have moved on to greater things.  We are likely stuck with the rest of them.

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2007, 10:39:09 AM »

If we don't see any pictures of him leaving KIA I firmly believe he has been released already.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2007, 10:40:48 AM »

Thanks Klaas-

So we're not surprised by this and we're resolute to stick it to the powers-that-be in Aruba right?

I think I"m taller than Renho, I know I'm prettier and smarter too. Who wants to tag team her with me?

I will.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

hey Peaches, snoopy, San - she doesn't stand a chance  Laughing Laughing

btw, we're the "SM Angels"  Laughing Laughing

karate !!!!!! 

I continue to stand with the girl.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2007, 10:42:13 AM »

Can anybody tell what the front page story in Dairio is?
It mentions Natalee Holloway and shows a boat and a house
and strange men being arrested.

Just saw Anita on GMA.  Looks like she has dyed her hair brown
since the big party.  She said that she doesn't understand it all,
but hopes to hold the delicious sporter in her arms this afternoon.

http://www.diario-aruba.com/2007/12/7/
come across

crazybabyborg
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2007, 10:43:50 AM »

Did someone say Julia is hiding?? I know! Here's her hidey hole! She's been in it a lot lately!  Very Happy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.