June 15, 2024, 12:17:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #526 9/23 - 9/26/2006  (Read 118385 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: September 25, 2006, 10:59:01 PM »

Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "klaasend"
Oldfart - I just wanted you to see that I do have the software, LOL  Laughing

Klaasend
I was NOT taking bets that You did NOT.. Laughing  Laughing
Hey... there is another class you can offer to teach..
 Wink

Actually Oldfart, I could teach just about any office software program, I know most of them.  Some better than others of course.

Hey I do not doubt that.  and If I rember correctly your chart based on Facts  we know would be correct if you put a dash line to NOT Guilty.

Something about a YES/NO qustion... dash line was the less likely answer ???  But it has been soooooooooooo long ago. Wink

You are correct!  I didn't want to take a long time with it though, just playing with ya, lol  Laughing
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #681 on: September 25, 2006, 10:59:15 PM »

Quote from: "BIGORANGECRUSH"
Goodnite Monkeys Wink

Did you sweep tonight?  Dust the furniture and put out the cat?
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: September 25, 2006, 11:00:26 PM »

Goodnite Monkeys Wink

OK ...you peek in to say GoodNight...

HI BOC...  G'nite   Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: September 25, 2006, 11:01:48 PM »

Goodnite Monkeys Wink

OK ...you peek in to say GoodNight...

HI BOC...  G'nite   Wink

Goodnight OF.
cp405
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #684 on: September 25, 2006, 11:02:22 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Hi CP!  How's my Nemo doing?

Nemo is doing great, sending you hugs.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: September 25, 2006, 11:02:36 PM »

Goodnite Monkeys Wink

Lala's

You forgot MOP...

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: September 25, 2006, 11:02:50 PM »

From today's Amigoe:  Wink

Courthouse must remain in Oranjestad  

ARUBA – “The Hall of Justice belongs in the capital and not in Savaneta as Justice-minister wants.  It will be a historic mistake if the minister persevere his decisions.” A clear message from the Presiding Judge of the Common Court of the Neth.Antilles and Aruba, Luis de Lannoy to Justice-minister Rudy Croes (MEP).  De Lannoy said this yesterday during the installation ceremonies of three new judges in Aruba.  

“The Hall of Justice is everywhere in the world in a prominent location in the capital.   The City Hall in Curacao resides in the center of Willemstad; The Supreme Court of the Netherlands is in the stately Lange Voorhout in The Hague; The US Supreme Court resides in the center of Washington D.C.; and not in Brievengat, Egmond aan zee, Orlando, or in the case of Aruba, in Savaneta.”  De Lannoy said that it would be a historic and dramatic mistake to put the Courthouse elsewhere other than in Oranjestad.”  The judicial power is an autonomous and independent State Power of the Country Aruba that definitely must reside in the capital.  Aruba is a constitutional state, where the judicial power occupies a central position that geographically finds expression, said the Presiding Judge.  

During the installation ceremony in the auditorium of the University of Aruba last Friday afternoon, De Lannoy introduced three new judges, Theo Koens, Jos Roovers and Jeroen Recourt.  Koens was since 1998 vice-presiding judge of the Court of Justice in Den Bosch.  Roovers was a lawyer for ten years and was appointed judge in the court of Arnhem in 2001.  Recourt was in 1999, magistrate trainee in the court of Amsterdam and was appointed judge in 2004.  With the arrival of these three judges in Aruba, the Court of Aruba has seven permanent members as first judge.  

The arrival of the new judges and their family members didn’t go smoothly.  “Certain admittance authorities have not been very cordial”, said De Lannoy.  The three judges were admitted in Aruba without any problems, but not their family members.  Before being admitted and can live in Aruba, they have to show a proof of good conduct, have a thorax photo taken, and do an AIDS-test.

This is not possible, explained De Lannoy.  “The Queen has sent these judges to Aruba and they have to be admitted unconditionally.  That also applies to their family.”  According to protocol, a judge does not measure up to a minister.  De Lannoy therefore made an urgent appeal to Governor Fredis Refunjol, who was present at the installation, and to Prime Minister Nelson Oduber (MEP) to take action.  

This was the last installation ceremony for De Lannoy.  He retires as Presiding Judge of the Common Court mid 2007.  “When I leave, I’ll leave with a sense of satisfaction.  Even though it can always go better, the administration of justice itself is good in Aruba.   It is still independent and of good quality, especially when it is compared with the courts in the region. I am optimistic about the administration of justice in Aruba.  There are clear and reliable plans in the form of the Court-advice ‘Independent and Adroit’.   These plans are broadly sustained in the Netherlands, the Neth.Antilles, and Aruba.  We will continue with the preparations and implementation of those plans, like the financial independence of the Court.

That Rudy is a real ass, IMO
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #687 on: September 25, 2006, 11:06:22 PM »

OK ... I'm dumb... but what the heck is a "thorax photo" Shocked  Confused  Confused

Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #688 on: September 25, 2006, 11:06:43 PM »

Goodnite Monkeys Wink

Lala's

You forgot MOP...

I think he's trying to avoid work, if you ask me. He never stays long enough to get things done.  Rolling Eyes
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: September 25, 2006, 11:08:39 PM »

news
Mother of missing teen speaks on campus
By Justin Blake and Jackie Craddock

When most of the country was mourning the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, the mother of missing teenager Natalee Holloway gave a speech to an audience of about 100 people at CSU-Pueblo about staying safe while traveling abroad.

Holloway’s mother, Beth Twitty, introduced herself to the audience as "Natalee’s mother" and the evening began with a slideshow presentation about Holloway’s life and disappearance in Aruba.

Twitty has been traveling around the United States telling the story of her daughter’s disappearance in Aruba last year, and promoting her foundation.

Twitty’s foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization called International Safe Travels Foundation.

Her Web site, www.safetravels-foundation.org, is designed to inform anyone traveling about what to do and what not to do while outside the United States.

"Each individual person is responsible to his or her own safety," Twitty said.

Twitty’s first safety tip was to make sure that anyone traveling abroad had activated international calling on their cell phone for the duration of their trip, something Holloway had not done before leaving for Aruba.

Activating international calling before leaving for Aruba would have allowed Holloway to call someone for help at anytime, providing the cell phone was easily accessible.

Twitty vividly remembers walking into Holloway’s hotel room and seeing her cell phone on top of her suitcase next to her passport, a cell phone that could have helped Holloway.

Twitty suggests carrying a photo I.D., not your passport, at all times and keeping the details of your travel schedule undisclosed.

These tips are not meant to frighten travelers, but rather provide greater safety guidelines.

"I am in no way suggesting that you never leave this country," she said, adding, "You do need to remember that when you leave our borders, you leave behind all customs and rights that we are all accustomed to."

Twitty then went on to talk about bringing a night out full circle with a safety plan.

She said knowing who you go out with and who you go home with is just as important as what you are going to wear that night.

"The truth is adolescent girls are at a greater danger than young girls," Twitty said.

Twitty cautions parents that while they can inform their children of the risks involved in going out, here or abroad, and arm them with appropriate safety information, ultimately the responsibility to make the right decisions falls on the children.

"Remember it’s their responsibility to look out for themselves," Twitty said.

When planning a trip, Twitty’s underlying message is to be "proactive" and not reactive.

The tips listed on the Safe Travels Web site and outlined in her speech are meant to convey this message.

She hopes that no parent will ever again have to experience the heartache of a missing child.

"I can’t make you understand the emptiness I feel everyday when I walk by her room. It’s too late for me, it’s too late for my daughter," Twitty said.

Twitty was presented with the Guardian Eagle Service Award by Pueblo Sheriff Dan Corsentino.

The National Sheriff’s Association endorses her foundation and is working to help spread her message by inviting her to various communities around the United States.

Story last updated 9/25/2006 9:04:40 AM © Today, Colorado State University-Pueblo

http://www.colostate-pueblo.edu/today/live_viewStory.asp?documentID=1025
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #690 on: September 25, 2006, 11:09:35 PM »

OK ... I'm dumb... but what the heck is a "thorax photo" Shocked  Confused  Confused

Me too.  Shocked
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: September 25, 2006, 11:10:27 PM »

I think it's an xray??
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: September 25, 2006, 11:10:30 PM »

Goodnite Monkeys Wink

Lala's

You forgot MOP...

I think he's trying to avoid work, if you ask me. He never stays long enough to get things done.  Rolling Eyes

OH... I can hear it now...
Why should BOC be any different ..What man  does ...   Shocked  Rolling Eyes Wink

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: September 25, 2006, 11:11:27 PM »

Chest X-ray?  Just guessing. . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #694 on: September 25, 2006, 11:12:11 PM »

Old Fart
You know we love you.  Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #695 on: September 25, 2006, 11:12:17 PM »

Thanks San!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: September 25, 2006, 11:13:26 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Chest X-ray?  Just guessing. . .

Yep, would be my guess as well.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: September 25, 2006, 11:14:57 PM »

GOODNIGHT EVERYONE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: September 25, 2006, 11:15:21 PM »

Quote from: "San"
GOODNIGHT EVERYONE

Nite San!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #699 on: September 25, 2006, 11:15:43 PM »

An X-ray kinda makes since... but to call that a photo??

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.