June 15, 2024, 02:38:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #526 9/23 - 9/26/2006  (Read 118395 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #760 on: September 26, 2006, 08:56:16 AM »

Laughing
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #761 on: September 26, 2006, 09:05:44 AM »

Does this count as a joke?  (it's not Aruba, but within the boundaries).  Continental Offerings which arrived this AM:

Earn 2,000 Miles on Flights Between Newark Liberty and Bonaire

Fly our new service between Newark Libery (EWR) and Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles (BON) and earn 2,000 bonus miles. Flights start December 16, 2006.

Register using promotion code 51015 and fly by March 16, 2007, in order to earn bonus miles.

Good morning.  Snoopy, your family is in my prayers.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: September 26, 2006, 09:09:25 AM »

Quote from: "2NJSons_Mom"
Does this count as a joke?  (it's not Aruba, but within the boundaries).  Continental Offerings which arrived this AM:

Fly our new service between Newark Libery (EWR) and Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles (BON) and earn 2,000 bonus miles. Flights start December 16, 2006.

Register using promotion code 51015 and fly by March 16, 2007, in order to earn bonus miles.

Isn't Jan Van der Straaten Bonaire's police chief now?  Who is their right mind would want to go to a place where the police chief helped with the disposal of Natalee Holloway.  JMO Shocked
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #763 on: September 26, 2006, 09:14:18 AM »

Has anybody heard from Sleuth??
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: September 26, 2006, 09:15:30 AM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"

I have been asking about Sleuth also.  I haven't seen her post in about a month.
cp405
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #765 on: September 26, 2006, 09:17:14 AM »

snoopy, I will keep your family in my prayers.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #766 on: September 26, 2006, 09:21:28 AM »

Quote from: "San"

I have been asking about Sleuth also.  I haven't seen her post in about a month.

Red....Red...are you babysitting today??  You've lost Sleuth....can you find her please (before Klaas gets home)?
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #767 on: September 26, 2006, 09:25:21 AM »

Isn't Jan Van der Straaten Bonaire's police chief now?  Who is their right mind would want to go to a place where the police chief helped with the disposal of Natalee Holloway.  JMO Shocked

Noticed it's a new service...Continental has a partnership with KLM...checked flight map on their website and it appears that Aruba and Curacao are already routine destinations.  Yes, that's where Jan VDS has been assigned...I don't know any police chiefs who retire to go to another dept.....didn't Jossy defend him?   What happened to the specifics of Natalee's case that prompted him to say she was probably no longer alive?   Just a lot of thoughts running through my head....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #768 on: September 26, 2006, 09:29:39 AM »

Red....Red...are you babysitting today??  You've lost Sleuth....can you find her please (before Klaas gets home)?

She emailed him the other day, but I guess she has just been too busy.... to post ... she didn't say  Sad

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: September 26, 2006, 09:30:39 AM »

Noticed it's a new service...Continental has a partnership with KLM...checked flight map on their website and it appears that Aruba and Curacao are already routine destinations.  Yes, that's where Jan VDS has been assigned...I don't know any police chiefs who retire to go to another dept.....didn't Jossy defend him?   What happened to the specifics of Natalee's case that prompted him to say she was probably no longer alive?   Just a lot of thoughts running through my head....

In my opinion he never planned to retire.  He was forced to retire because of his involvement in what happened to Natalee.  I still have my suspicions about him even helping is best friend Paulus dispose of her body.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #770 on: September 26, 2006, 09:30:58 AM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
Anyone know the reason why Beth is going to be on Nancy Grace on Thursday night?  Is there something happening?

maybe to talk about her foundation, trip to Holland???  Maybe (hoping) there is something new from her Holland trip??

Oh... Good morning Monkeys!!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #771 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35:13 AM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "cp405"
I'm just a bit skeptical that the airline would give out that kind of information, not that I don't believe Widget.

I have been pretty quiet so far about this.  I love Widget as much as the next coffee drinker but having worked in the airline industry on the phone talking to the general public, information about who has a reservation on what flight and who is ON the plane is confidential.  I could see who had a reservation and whether or not they had a ticket.  Sometimes I could see who had checked in depending on what function I was performing that day.  Who's butt is actually on the plane?  You don't really know.  People who are ticketed and don't show may "appear" to be on the plane but they aren't.  People who are flying standby don't appear on the list of those with reservations.  It's a different list.  

The long and short of it is that if you can call the airline and get that info, you've got better connections than the employees do or something has changed radically.  Information about who is on planes is confidential.  For lots of reasons.  

Good morning everyone.

Maybe he got the information from someone who should not have given out that information.  Like you said information about who is on planes is confidential.  If I knew I would get someone in trouble for doing something they shouldn't have done I would not say who I got the information from.  Better safe than sorry.

I still believe Widget.  I will never believe a Sloot.

I appreciate your viewpoint.  The airline computers can only work 331 days in advance.  Once a flight is past date, the information is on microfiche and would therefore be harder to come by.  In other words, you aren't going to get that info by calling the reservations phone number.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Willie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #772 on: September 26, 2006, 09:36:59 AM »

Quote from: snoopy
Good Morning Everybody

Klaasend have a wonderful day teaching.  Your students are very lucky to have you.

O/T

Please keep my family in your prayers.  My sister - in - law is in renal failure.  She's 73.  My big sister is not doing well.  Cancer has spread to her back and groin.  Bones I guess.  She is still fighting.  We sure could use some good news.

I know I don't post much anymore, but I'm with ya'll everyday and so appreciate everything ya'll are dong.

You've got my prayers too!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #773 on: September 26, 2006, 09:38:36 AM »

Snoopy... I just saw about your sister... in my prayers for sure, your entire family!!

HI willie... welcome!!

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #774 on: September 26, 2006, 09:39:38 AM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

She emailed him the other day, but I guess she has just been too busy.... to post ... she didn't say  Sad

I'm glad she is ok.  Thanks for update.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: September 26, 2006, 09:55:08 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
I am still here reading SB.  I think the same as you do about something in Paulus background contributing to his failure to become a judge for he was not told to take the exam again but rather that he would never become a judge and to look for some other line of work within the civil service area.

If it were only his test scores, I believe he would be allowed to take the exam again.  Instead he was told to vamoose from the judiciary and fine another line of work.  

Yes, that could cause Joran to be very protective of his father if in fact the problem was his out of control son.  I tend toward it being more the entire family's out of control lifestyle with Paulus gambling, etc with his underage son who consumes industrial amounts of alcohol on a routine basis.

I remember reading that "Paulus did not get the necessary recommendation to become a judge".  Because of the language difference I didn't know if that just meant he didn't pass a test or if superiors in Holland didn't think he was qualified or of the right "character" to be a judge.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: September 26, 2006, 09:56:35 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
. I am sure all monkeys will be models of decorum tomorrow morning, Klaas.  Enjoy your class.

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

FOOD FIGHT!!!!!!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: September 26, 2006, 10:03:16 AM »

I have a teacher joke:  

Teacher is talking about animals - whales in particular - telling students that a whale's throat is not large enough to swallow a human whole.  

Little girl:  What about Jonah?  
Teacher:  I know the story about Jonah, but he could not have been swallowed whole, a whale's throat is not large enough.
Little girl:  Well, when I get to heaven, I'll ask him.  
Teacher:  What if Jonah went to hell?  
Little girl:  Then YOU ask him.  
 Laughing

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #778 on: September 26, 2006, 10:06:39 AM »

Quote from: "snoopy"
Good Morning Everybody

Klaasend have a wonderful day teaching.  Your students are very lucky to have you.

O/T

Please keep my family in your prayers.  My sister - in - law is in renal failure.  She's 73.  My big sister is not doing well.  Cancer has spread to her back and groin.  Bones I guess.  She is still fighting.  We sure could use some good news.

I know I don't post much anymore, but I'm with ya'll everyday and so appreciate everything ya'll are dong.

Snoopy:  Please know you and your family is in my prayers right now.  I will pray for your sister.  (((hugs)))

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: September 26, 2006, 10:13:05 AM »

If any of you ever watch HGTV's House Hunters, you know they show people looking for a new home, weighing the pros and cons of a few they visit with camera crew in tow.  Towards the end of the show, the couple decides which house they'll buy and then the producers go back a few months later after they've remodeled, redecorated and settled in.  They started doing House Hunters International - they've shown people looking for homes in Canada, Paris, Amersterdam and last night they showed a retired New Jersey couple looking for a home in St. Maarten/St. Martin.  They ended up buying a new home (very nice, about $450,000) with a pool in St. Maarten, and also showed a lot of footage of the island.  Looked a lot nicer than Aruba - the homes, the stores, restaurants, beaches were all very pretty.  Like Aruba, it didn't seem all that lush with vegetation, but it looked a lot more quaint and interesting that what I've seen from Aruba.  Also, one of the reasons they bought on the Dutch side of the island was because taxes were much lower, they were told they should learn French if they were going to live on the French side, and I think they said they use the Dollar as currency on the Dutch side.  FWIW

Doing laundry - bbl

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.