June 03, 2024, 09:52:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #15 2/5 - 2/6/09  (Read 173482 times)
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #800 on: February 06, 2009, 05:54:19 AM »

I have a similar situation to CBB after 25 yr marriage but there is life after such things.

Good life, too.

Facing major life changes now, however, as I am not in the best of health and the dogs are too much for me now.  My kids want me to move into apartment and leave my little mini farm I have enjoyed so much.

But I am good with that, too.  Won't have lawn care to worry about, etc.

I am DETERMINED to be happy no matter what life throws my way.

Good for you Anna!!  Stay strong and I hope you get healthier!!  Your puppies are so cute!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: February 06, 2009, 05:55:13 AM »

Wendi,
I can't say how it is for others but do want you to know that the older you become, up to a point, the less others are able to hurt you.  I have grown a shell like anything and some just since posting on these forums and having irrational hate thrown my way.  I was shocked but even that's OK because I just do what I know is right and march forward no matter who doesn't like it or whatever.

I try to never do any harm to anybody at all and always do what I believe is right and that's all any of us can do.  A bad opinion of you is just what somebody else things and doesn't count any more than your opinion of yourself, etc.  And they are just wrong so ignore it.

But in family dynamics it is hard to break that cycle of having others push your buttons.  I know as we just about all have somebody somewhere who thinks it is their job to bring us down.  It's our jobb not to let them!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #802 on: February 06, 2009, 05:56:01 AM »

Good nite evey one!!  If I don't pretend to be in bed soon, I will need to come shack up with CBB!!  Thanks for the laughs!!  xoxoxo
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: February 06, 2009, 05:56:24 AM »

The pups can finally get around well.  Too well.

At first they can't back up.  And get on their backs like turtles then howl for me to come turn them back over.

See that one in the photo upside down, can't turn over.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: February 06, 2009, 05:58:00 AM »

Good night, My Time,

I have always enjoyed and read your posts in Caylee thread when I can!

CBB and I and couple more used to do things like go over the few statements we had in NH case line by line late at night.  Was interesting.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: February 06, 2009, 05:59:17 AM »

I heading back to the Monkey Bunkey for now.

I think tomorrow I will try an extra scoop of coffee in my maker and see if I can get over being such a sleepy head all the time.  I blame it on seasonal lack of daylight.  Or something.

PERSONA NON GRATA

crazybabyborg
« Reply #806 on: February 06, 2009, 06:02:20 AM »

Well, only because I'm good now, I'll fill you in briefly on what Anna probably already knows. I live in the same neighborhood I grew up in, less than a mile from my parents house where I'd lived since I was 3 yrs. old. So lots of family times my whole life. In a 3 year period, I lost my Dad to cancer, my brother to a heart attack, my Mom in a horrible car accident, and my Granny ( who always lived with us ) to old age, really. Caught my husband cheating, and discovered his girlfriend had the mortgage to my house, and I was over $300,000.00 in debt in monies my husband had used my credit for when he ran out of his own.

I've come a long way since then, ladies! Yes, I'm paying 2 mortgages, but the homes are in my name only now. I own my Mom's house outright, but have no money to do the necessary repairs to sell or rent it. My son lives there, though! I own my own business and I usually get a paycheck, and have 14 employees who have never missed a paycheck. God is my partner, and I do feel loved, and I know who to trust, and I have had miracles in my life.

OK, NUFF OF THAT!!!!

OH! And Tito saw my picture and flirted with me! 

I was going to use that on the next SM trivia, but maybe I won't do another!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #807 on: February 06, 2009, 06:03:18 AM »

Good night, My Time,

I have always enjoyed and read your posts in Caylee thread when I can!

CBB and I and couple more used to do things like go over the few statements we had in NH case line by line late at night.  Was interesting.

Good night Anna - and thank you!  (See CBB - LOL)  Do you remember me telling you I have 5 yorkies??  That is enough for me!!  I envy your patience!!  I know I could never do it!!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #808 on: February 06, 2009, 06:07:30 AM »

Well, I need to catch a few winks myself. Have a great morning, Monkeys!!   

I'm so glad we had this time together........just to have a laugh and sing a song.........

Pulling My Ear for you guys!! 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #809 on: February 06, 2009, 06:10:45 AM »

Well, only because I'm good now, I'll fill you in briefly on what Anna probably already knows. I live in the same neighborhood I grew up in, less than a mile from my parents house where I'd lived since I was 3 yrs. old. So lots of family times my whole life. In a 3 year period, I lost my Dad to cancer, my brother to a heart attack, my Mom in a horrible car accident, and my Granny ( who always lived with us ) to old age, really. Caught my husband cheating, and discovered his girlfriend had the mortgage to my house, and I was over $300,000.00 in debt in monies my husband had used my credit for when he ran out of his own.

I've come a long way since then, ladies! Yes, I'm paying 2 mortgages, but the homes are in my name only now. I own my Mom's house outright, but have no money to do the necessary repairs to sell or rent it. My son lives there, though! I own my own business and I usually get a paycheck, and have 14 employees who have never missed a paycheck. God is my partner, and I do feel loved, and I know who to trust, and I have had miracles in my life.

OK, NUFF OF THAT!!!!

Wow!! CBB you are amazing!!  You have my utmost respect!!  Choosing God as your partner is the best choice any one of else can make!!  My roots were weak and I have lost my direction!!  I pray God helps me find my way back!!

Thank you CBB for sharing!!  It makes me feel closer to my new friend!! 

(((hugs)))
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #810 on: February 06, 2009, 06:55:15 AM »

Well, I need to catch a few winks myself. Have a great morning, Monkeys!!   

I'm so glad we had this time together........just to have a laugh and sing a song.........

Pulling My Ear for you guys!! 

CBB - you are a remarkable person, we appreciate every inch of you.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: February 06, 2009, 07:20:35 AM »

I have to say I understand the resentment of some for Destiny in light of the slideshow of posts we all had the opportunity to review. I didn't save chats in GM which would be just as blistering and critical of SM in some regards, just as I suspect they continue to blister me now for daring to post about it. Que sera. In seeing more members here go over to GM as recently as last night, which did become the feeder system for CnG, I remain concerned.

That being said, mytime, I am disturbed by the constant references destiny's "channeling" etc for now and I wish we could move on from that topic. I don't see Destiny sending further messages over here for now, if she does and I'm unaware of it, then please point that out to me. If she needs professional help I'm not sure we're helping? I also will state now that having been invited to GM and having experienced enough disdain for SM in that chat to include a total lack of regard for Klaas when she was ill, I just cannot say I agree with your decision to participate in the chat there. It's certainly your choice but it rings hollow with me.

I try to learn from my mistakes and participating at SM and watching these arguments and fights spill over to destroy friendships and make typically sane people respond in totally irrational ways - that is why I have asked for it to stop and I will continue to ask for it all to stop. There are certain posters who manipulate and instigate behind the scenes and I think the past few days have exposed who they are.

Unlike BT and BB, I am not unwilling to speak my opinion in this regard either. I'd appreciate it mytime if you would at least take my caution and to respect SM since you post here and asked for forgiveness for your participation in CnG to the tune of 248 posts there.

Thank you.

KYcat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #812 on: February 06, 2009, 08:10:51 AM »

WOW.......All I can say is WOW>   So many amazing, intelligent, wise and funny monkeys!

I am proud to call Monkeys my friends... people from all over, all walks of life, that I have never even seen. 

With that, I have to go to work.  My story is I am a Human Resource Benefits Manager of a Toyota owned (automobile component supplier) company.  It has been rough the last couple of months and I have had to lay off people and It breaks my heart.  Good people.  People that I care about.  We had about 500 employees and now we have around 300.

I know I am not alone in this faltering economy and the Monkeys never fail to cheer me up. 

Must go now..........I can't be late......... I would have to fire mysef!

Everyone have a great day!

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: February 06, 2009, 08:12:55 AM »

I have to say I understand the resentment of some for Destiny in light of the slideshow of posts we all had the opportunity to review. I didn't save chats in GM which would be just as blistering and critical of SM in some regards, just as I suspect they continue to blister me now for daring to post about it. Que sera. In seeing more members here go over to GM as recently as last night, which did become the feeder system for CnG, I remain concerned.

That being said, mytime, I am disturbed by the constant references destiny's "channeling" etc for now and I wish we could move on from that topic. I don't see Destiny sending further messages over here for now, if she does and I'm unaware of it, then please point that out to me. If she needs professional help I'm not sure we're helping? I also will state now that having been invited to GM and having experienced enough disdain for SM in that chat to include a total lack of regard for Klaas when she was ill, I just cannot say I agree with your decision to participate in the chat there. It's certainly your choice but it rings hollow with me.

I try to learn from my mistakes and participating at SM and watching these arguments and fights spill over to destroy friendships and make typically sane people respond in totally irrational ways - that is why I have asked for it to stop and I will continue to ask for it all to stop. There are certain posters who manipulate and instigate behind the scenes and I think the past few days have exposed who they are.

Unlike BT and BB, I am not unwilling to speak my opinion in this regard either. I'd appreciate it mytime if you would at least take my caution and to respect SM since you post here and asked for forgiveness for your participation in CnG to the tune of 248 posts there.

Thank you.

None, you have laid it on the line and I hope some people follow your advice. Enough said.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: February 06, 2009, 08:14:51 AM »

WOW.......All I can say is WOW>   So many amazing, intelligent, wise and funny monkeys!

I am proud to call Monkeys my friends... people from all over, all walks of life, that I have never even seen. 

With that, I have to go to work.  My story is I am a Human Resource Benefits Manager of a Toyota owned (automobile component supplier) company.  It has been rough the last couple of months and I have had to lay off people and It breaks my heart.  Good people.  People that I care about.  We had about 500 employees and now we have around 300.

I know I am not alone in this faltering economy and the Monkeys never fail to cheer me up. 

Must go now..........I can't be late......... I would have to fire mysef!

Everyone have a great day!

Kentucky is sure having it's problems right now and our own federal government will not acknowledge ALL those poor souls who have been devistated by the the ice storm.  But we are hard working people who never expect someone else to take care of us so we help our neighbors the best we can and move on.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: February 06, 2009, 08:14:51 AM »

There is a lot of history behind SM forum.  I remember when I first came here, I was just reading and not posting for the longest time.  Part of the problem was I had never been on a forum of this kind.  Some of you may remember the old kind where an email was sent/received by a huge member list.  I couldn't navigate the threads, etc. being self taught on the computer.

I was also very, very naive and recall my outrage to learn that people would say unkind things about victims families.  At one time it was the father of Jessica Lunsford in Florida.  I couldn't believe what some were saying as well as in the Jon Benet Ramsey case.

I was part of the old RWV gang because I had been reading political commentary there as well as here before the attention turned to the Natalee Holloway investigation.

Over the years, a lot of water has passed under the bridge and many of us learned some hard lessons.  None, myself, Tylergal, I am pretty sure Red Klaas and others have even at time received threats of bodily harm as a means of discouragement, several have had their computers hacked myself three times.  I have a hard drive still somewhere within the halls of the FBI and doubt I ever get it back.

That is why I can't encourage the concept of getting to know people too casually over the internet because you never know for a fact certain that the person is anything at all as they appear or present themselves.

And there are people who will do what they can  to harm you however they can.

Note the recent attacks on me by drive by posters when I wasn't even posting much or having much to say about anything, mostly reading as the topic was something I was totally unfamiliar with.  So just what could have provoked all that?  Very odd, isn't it?

But I also understand being at that point of still trusting people completely, etc.  Over time I have found the more simple I can keep my life, the better it flows for me.  I just don't want to see anybody get hurt because they trusted or believed people were their friends when they are really using others for their own purposes.

Not everybody is evil but not everybody is good, either.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: February 06, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »

There have been moments of hilarity in the monkey forums as well over time.

I couldn't find CBB's trivia thread so apologize if this has already been postd.

Once None was encouraging Frijole to install a new avatar.  We all had problems with that right from the start so None told our Little Bean to slam that sucker right in there and Bean did and the whole screen blew up into one HUGE Bean avatar!

We used to have a dreadful time with our avatars!  Could end up with one half the size of the screen, etc.

Yes, we have come a long way, baby!

And I do have high regard and affection for those who have posted alongside us all throughout thick and thin and all of this and appreciation for those who have made it possible.

PERSONA NON GRATA

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: February 06, 2009, 08:25:27 AM »

None:    Wow, I must really be out of touch.   I have no idea what anyone is writing about.  This is the only forum I have time for now and there are many places here I stay out of because things just get too mean spirited.  I have been here since before we actually had a forum and have been on the receiving side a few times myself.  I guess I have just let things slide most of the time.  Life is just too short to get myself all emotionally upset over an internet exchange.  I still do have the addresses of many of those who have left SM, but rarely communicate anymore.  I have no problem with it.  No one dares send me anything threatening to my personal e-mail because it just ends up in abuse.  I am one of the few who does not hide behind a pseudonym with e-mail.  I have no problem with anyone writing me at my real e-mail because of the filters I have on my account.  All they need to do is ask politely and I pass it on through one of those that does have it.  I do not post it.

CBB:  You should be proud of yourself and family.  What you described has been a tough road to follow.  I know, I have been there.  I have no other relatives, (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters etc.)  They have all passed on.  I do have my four children and eleven grandchildren.  I also have an absolutely wonderful second wife and her children and all her 6 brothers and sisters and dozens of other relatives.  What I miss most in my life is that there is no one with whom I can relate and talk about regarding my first 50 years of life.  No one can relate to my path to where I am now.  I do miss those holiday post dinner chats where people talk about all the things in the long past.   I have focused out of necessity on the present and future, but I do miss recalling the times only I can remember.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #818 on: February 06, 2009, 08:46:51 AM »

BlueMoon- thank you for your support very much.

Anna - thanks for making me laugh remembering Bean's avatar explosion, we did have fun didn't we?  I've learned so much over the course of these last four years, made some fabulous and cherished friends too. Most of all I have so much respect for many here, yes new posters too, that truly do set the bar for striving to be a better person.

GO, you have one of the most tender hearts I've met here and I so appreciate that about you. I'm glad you've been able to stay out of the frays and I have great respect for your opinions and life experiences too. I also worry about you in all that snow !!

For the record, many here sustained me during my Rick's illness when I was so confined and at times, as he fought to live and needed me by his side. Some also supported a new venture I tried to launch having had to leave my consulting work, to care for Rick. I am so grateful for that, I sincerely appreciate it, even if we don't always agree on every issue here.

So not to wear my heart on my sleeve too much here, we all have the chance to do it better and to be better people. I think about that often. KYCat, I wish you well and as long as those impacted know you genuinely care about them, they will find some measure of comfort from that. I know with benefits and severance and COBRA, that you have a big job to do.

SM has meant a great deal to many of us and it's my hope that every family of beloved missing persons that reads here, can feel the care and concern for they and their missing family member. I also hope we can all strive together to do it better.

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #819 on: February 06, 2009, 09:09:23 AM »

OK, NUFF OF THAT!!!!

CBB, I cannot imagine how painful it must have been to have suffered so many huge losses in such a short period of time.  Heck, over a long period of time that would have been horrible.  I wish I could give you a big ole bear hug in person.  I'm going to have to do it mentally.  If you feel short of breath for a few seconds this a.m., it's because I was a little overenthusiastic with my hugging!

Even before reading this post of yours, I knew you were a strong person but now I am just in awe.  I am so glad that you have found peace and happiness.  Love and more big hugs to you, my fellow floozy!           

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.