June 03, 2024, 08:47:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #15 2/5 - 2/6/09  (Read 173469 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #820 on: February 06, 2009, 09:47:25 AM »

cbb - Which version of photoshop do you use?

Don't ask me technical questions, 'cause I don't know!!!   

I think it's version6?

Hi MyTime!!! Yes, I was just floating around the ceiling and thought I'd land at the keyboard to see if you were here...
Last night running around a bunch of file cabinets - tonight floating around the ceiling - I just don't know how you do it!

I'm multi-talented! 

Do you have Photoshop? I've had three versions. They're all similar.

No, I don't have any version.  Guess I will be adding that to my shopping list.

Oh, find a way to get your hands on a copied version. That's a really expensive piece of software!! Last time I priced it, it was around $700.00!!

I have it but I don't know how to use it I'm going to take a class.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #821 on: February 06, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »

Blonde - my daughter used these tutorials online, they are free and she found them very helpful.

http://photoshoptutorials.ws/

I continue to stand with the girl.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: February 06, 2009, 11:13:47 AM »

None:    Wow, I must really be out of touch.   I have no idea what anyone is writing about.  This is the only forum I have time for now and there are many places here I stay out of because things just get too mean spirited.  I have been here since before we actually had a forum and have been on the receiving side a few times myself.  I guess I have just let things slide most of the time.  Life is just too short to get myself all emotionally upset over an internet exchange.  I still do have the addresses of many of those who have left SM, but rarely communicate anymore.  I have no problem with it.  No one dares send me anything threatening to my personal e-mail because it just ends up in abuse.  I am one of the few who does not hide behind a pseudonym with e-mail.  I have no problem with anyone writing me at my real e-mail because of the filters I have on my account.  All they need to do is ask politely and I pass it on through one of those that does have it.  I do not post it.

CBB:  You should be proud of yourself and family.  What you described has been a tough road to follow.  I know, I have been there.  I have no other relatives, (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters etc.)  They have all passed on.  I do have my four children and eleven grandchildren.  I also have an absolutely wonderful second wife and her children and all her 6 brothers and sisters and dozens of other relatives.  What I miss most in my life is that there is no one with whom I can relate and talk about regarding my first 50 years of life.  No one can relate to my path to where I am now.  I do miss those holiday post dinner chats where people talk about all the things in the long past.   I have focused out of necessity on the present and future, but I do miss recalling the times only I can remember.

How sad that there are times that you cannot share with anyone that was there. 
I expect you are the keeper of much family history that your kids might be interested in...someday.  Eleven grandkids...Wow!!
Lovely to hear of you speak so kindly of your second wife and her family.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: February 06, 2009, 11:24:26 AM »

Wendi,
I have read the many posts relating to your situation and defer to the advice of the many wise Monkeys.
Maybe the support you have received here has overwhelmed you.
Sometimes we get Mothers that are so ill equipped, so much in pain themselves, so unable to get beyond that to nurture meaningfully their own.
Despite the pain you have suffered, it sounds to me that you were able to find in yourself the ability to give, to love, to nurture...in other words, not repeat possible family history.  You are the better for it!
I hope that you will find a way to love yourself as you love others and I hope both you and your Mother find the way to a less harmful relationship, even if that means stepping away for a while to help yourself.
Blessings and healing to you and those you love.
Can. xo
Seamonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #824 on: February 06, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »

I have to say I understand the resentment of some for Destiny in light of the slideshow of posts we all had the opportunity to review. I didn't save chats in GM which would be just as blistering and critical of SM in some regards, just as I suspect they continue to blister me now for daring to post about it. Que sera. In seeing more members here go over to GM as recently as last night, which did become the feeder system for CnG, I remain concerned.

That being said, mytime, I am disturbed by the constant references destiny's "channeling" etc for now and I wish we could move on from that topic. I don't see Destiny sending further messages over here for now, if she does and I'm unaware of it, then please point that out to me. If she needs professional help I'm not sure we're helping? I also will state now that having been invited to GM and having experienced enough disdain for SM in that chat to include a total lack of regard for Klaas when she was ill, I just cannot say I agree with your decision to participate in the chat there. It's certainly your choice but it rings hollow with me.

I try to learn from my mistakes and participating at SM and watching these arguments and fights spill over to destroy friendships and make typically sane people respond in totally irrational ways - that is why I have asked for it to stop and I will continue to ask for it all to stop. There are certain posters who manipulate and instigate behind the scenes and I think the past few days have exposed who they are.

Unlike BT and BB, I am not unwilling to speak my opinion in this regard either. I'd appreciate it mytime if you would at least take my caution and to respect SM since you post here and asked for forgiveness for your participation in CnG to the tune of 248 posts there.

Thank you.

Yeah what you said...and I think we all here already know i dont have a prob telling what i think of gm or cng OR some of the people there.... lol
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: February 06, 2009, 12:18:50 PM »

Just a friendly reminder that February 6 is Go Red Day. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: February 06, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »

Heart Health Tools.
http://goredforwomen.com/live_heart_healthy.aspx

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #827 on: February 06, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

Thanks Spunky Seamonkey 

I did want to clarify I was not trying to keep mytime or her friends from posting here at all. I just know some don't know all the history and even though some want to promote I'm insincere, they are mistaken. I also don't pretend I'm polishing my halo all the time  I know I'd be struck by lightning if I did.

I think SM is hoping the Musings thread will be more lively and I surely don't want to take away from that goal either.

TGIF, more horrible economic news today, we all have bigger fish to fry.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #828 on: February 06, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »

Hi Trimmonthelake, what is Go Red Day?

TIA !

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #829 on: February 06, 2009, 12:32:45 PM »

Hi Trimmonthelake, what is Go Red Day?

TIA !

http://www.goredforwomen.org/index.aspx

It's purpose is to bring women's heart health to the forefront. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: February 06, 2009, 12:34:59 PM »

Alright, you guys, I have already been asleep and you are still here.

I must be a wimp or something because I just can't do it any more, go without sleep I mean.

But I have to get up and check on these guys in the night and even doing that makes me sleepy next day.

I must drink more coffee or something.  Makes me feel like I am sleeping my life away.

No telling how much fun I am missing.

Just looking at the pic ... I can smell puppy breath!  They are the cutest! 

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #831 on: February 06, 2009, 02:35:31 PM »

I have to say I understand the resentment of some for Destiny in light of the slideshow of posts we all had the opportunity to review. I didn't save chats in GM which would be just as blistering and critical of SM in some regards, just as I suspect they continue to blister me now for daring to post about it. Que sera. In seeing more members here go over to GM as recently as last night, which did become the feeder system for CnG, I remain concerned.

That being said, mytime, I am disturbed by the constant references destiny's "channeling" etc for now and I wish we could move on from that topic. I don't see Destiny sending further messages over here for now, if she does and I'm unaware of it, then please point that out to me. If she needs professional help I'm not sure we're helping? I also will state now that having been invited to GM and having experienced enough disdain for SM in that chat to include a total lack of regard for Klaas when she was ill, I just cannot say I agree with your decision to participate in the chat there. It's certainly your choice but it rings hollow with me.

I try to learn from my mistakes and participating at SM and watching these arguments and fights spill over to destroy friendships and make typically sane people respond in totally irrational ways - that is why I have asked for it to stop and I will continue to ask for it all to stop. There are certain posters who manipulate and instigate behind the scenes and I think the past few days have exposed who they are.

Unlike BT and BB, I am not unwilling to speak my opinion in this regard either. I'd appreciate it mytime if you would at least take my caution and to respect SM since you post here and asked for forgiveness for your participation in CnG to the tune of 248 posts there.

Thank you.

Nonesuche,

Thank you for your respectful post!! 

When I joined GM, I had no idea the history of it all, nor did my "friends."   I am sure we still do not know the half of it!!  I am not sure all that went on there when many of you were members, but I will honestly say I have not witness a total disdain for Klaas or SM!!  Yes, there are some that do not like SM but yes, there are some there that do!!  As, I am not privy to the MO section, I can only speak from my experience in chat!!  I was unaware of any nastiness about Klaas when she was sick!  If true, that is shocking and appalling!

As you may or may not have noticed, I have not been back to chat since all of this has transpired!  I did, however, log on to see if I got any pms - which I was sure I had some! It is my opinion, that the some who claim not to like Klaas - actually really do!! (I know that will not go over well but as you say Que sera).  I likened it as two sisters fighting!!  Although, they speak from hurt feelings, there is still a love and respect for Klaas!!  Maybe, I am wrong but to date that is my impression!!

I was not aware of my post count at CnG!  However, I certainly am glad you pointed that all out.  Since Mrsk was kind enough to send Klaas my 4 (only 2 - pertaining to Klaas)  negative posts, I think that speaks for itself!!  Klaas was kind and big  enough to accept my apology and let it go!!  I am fairly certain, Klaas knew many of were getting used well before we did.

Now, as for Destiny and the others! Yes, there is a lot of resentment!!  We were lied to, manipulated, and back stabbed!!  We were used for their dirty game and unwitting participated.  As of just the other day, Des left me a vile and threatening voice message!!  You are more than welcome to get my number from Klaas and listen to it!!  I will not allow her or the others to try intimidate me!!  I will speak out against the "Jim Jones" of the world and their followers as to try warn the others!!  That is how evil is exposed and stopped, IMO. 

As for Destiny's ability to "channel."  That was shocking to many us!!  I am not offended by your post at all, but I am curious as to why this was directed towards me only!!  I can not promise that the joking will not continue as I have no control of others actions!!  I will say this, if Des stops her attacks, I will too!!  To date, she has not!!  Again, I will not allow Des or any them to try to intimidate me.  If that is seen as not taking the high road, then so be it...for now.  However, I can say this, eventually the anger will turn to sorrow and pity and my heart will take over!!  But for right now, I am still very angry!!!!  Not for what she has just done to me, but what she has done to SM, Klaas and many more!!!

I truly hope and pray that Des gets the help she needs!!   I know she is reading here and I can only pray she accepts responsiblity for actions and tries to make ammends to all the people she has hurt!!  Many are very forgiving - as has been proven here this week!!

Mytime!!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #832 on: February 06, 2009, 02:46:56 PM »

Hi guys! I'm thinking............

The only things I'm sure about right now are

that Mytime is right about not being alone in having fun with the channelling stuff...............My hand is up to be counted.

Nonesy was very respectful in her concerns, and I wub her.

Destiny has very deliberately lied for the specific purpose of causing harm to Klaas, Red, and SM, and has made no overture to rectify that.

What I'm grappling with is the examination of my own reaction to what I'm sure of. Hmmmm. I'll let you know. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #833 on: February 06, 2009, 03:08:29 PM »

mytime, you have every right to respond. I don't and can't know all the particulars and I would agree that Destiny one would hope, would make amends. I'm also very sorry to hear she's continuing to hurt you. I hope it will stop and soon. When I read the thread you seemed to have the most posts regarding the channeling, that's the only reason why. You did also post first about being a member at CnG and yes, I am very sure Klaas is wiser than many of us, myself included. She's proven that to me over and again, it's also why I have so much respect for how hard her job as admin here is. I couldn't do what she does and she is very forgiving.

It's only my opinion and I expressed it, knowing full well it might draw fire. I can't say I share your belief that all GM members respect Klaas and SM but then I would not say either that every single one does not. Red brought in Dugga to execute some changes to the forum to include the pop-up's which is when carnut was banned and GM was launched. I think we all to some measure, struggle with change.

GM does list who is in chat and who is posting on their front page at any given time, if you didn't know that as well. Perhaps you should suggest he make a change regarding that so that those who do post and chat there have a closed forum to operate within.

CBB, I appreciate you understand I meant no harm. I don't forgive Destiny for what she did to SM or Klaas or anyone here such as mytime. My concern was specific to the channeling comments in terms of how prolific they were.

My opinion should not rule here nor do I ever expect it to. I guess some would have preferred I email Klaas with my concerns, perhaps it's best though to address concerns that way in the future. I just don't know. I have to get back to work now.

NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #834 on: February 06, 2009, 03:15:31 PM »

Hey Monkeys,
Wow! it is great to see that musings is so busy. I left a drive-by-post last night and it took most of the day today to read the posts from then! Great to see so many Monkeys old and new. It's like Monkey-palooza.

Thank you Klaas, Brandi and Dugga for looking into that creepy re-direct webpage pic of S burgess (IMO and others') the kidnapping murder of Donna Jou. 

Sorry to all Monkeys for posting that creepy pic in Musings.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: February 06, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »

Nonesuche - I'm not sure I understand your concerns, please email me. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: February 06, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GyKuwlgvf0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/8GyKuwlgvf0&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #837 on: February 06, 2009, 03:32:09 PM »

Hi guys! I'm thinking............

The only things I'm sure about right now are

that Mytime is right about not being alone in having fun with the channelling stuff...............My hand is up to be counted.

Nonesy was very respectful in her concerns, and I wub her.

Destiny has very deliberately lied for the specific purpose of causing harm to Klaas, Red, and SM, and has made no overture to rectify that.

What I'm grappling with is the examination of my own reaction to what I'm sure of. Hmmmm. I'll let you know. 

CBB - 
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #838 on: February 06, 2009, 03:34:44 PM »

That was really cute, Klaasend.  Have you ever seen the one where the man sings his puppies to sleep????

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: February 06, 2009, 03:35:22 PM »

Hey Monkeys,
Wow! it is great to see that musings is so busy. I left a drive-by-post last night and it took most of the day today to read the posts from then! Great to see so many Monkeys old and new. It's like Monkey-palooza.

Thank you Klaas, Brandi and Dugga for looking into that creepy re-direct webpage pic of S burgess (IMO and others') the kidnapping murder of Donna Jou. 

Sorry to all Monkeys for posting that creepy pic in Musings.

heh ... I got it (the creepy picture) again today when I logged in.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.