June 01, 2024, 07:38:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #23 2/26/09 - 3/1/09  (Read 104827 times)
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #700 on: February 28, 2009, 06:43:55 PM »

Dolce ... Italian Beef Recipe for Crock Pot ... This is a great recipe ... because it can be warmed and rewarmed ... and tastes even better each time.

Meat Counter:  Rump Roast 1-2 pounds ... you can ask meat counter to slice it for Italian Beef (really thin)

Salad Dressing Aisle:  1-2 packets (depending on how many pounds of meat you got) dry Italian Dressing mix

1 sliced green pepper (though some in my family prefer me to leave this out)

Water ... just enough to cover

Cook 8-10 hours on low ... or 4-5 hours on high ...

I usually serve mine on french bread ... or any kind of hard roll ...

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #701 on: February 28, 2009, 06:47:40 PM »

In search of good casserole recipes.  Please make them simple as I am cooking inclined.  I burn boiled eggs!  First time I was given a recipe to cook in college I actually searched the fridge for "boiled water"...I can laugh at myself...but seriously, I need help! 
TIA

Please keep in your prayers my driver, who is a very close friend of the family.  His wife passed this morning after a long battle with cancer.  He had taken off nearly 3 weeks and spent them right by her side.  It was expected, but still very emotional time.  He is a GREAT man.  They had no children, and he only had a brother who lives in a nursing home.  He has been apart of my husbands family since my husband was 3, he is a teddy bear.
TIA
Dolce I am so sorry to hear  about your drivers wife's passing. It's so hard to know what to say at times like these. I pray that God gives you all peace and strength at this time. You are a sweet heart wanting to cook for everyone. God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #702 on: February 28, 2009, 07:34:39 PM »

Hey All! Here's the cake I worked so hard on yesterday! It really turned out so pretty, i kinda hate for them to cut it! 

Just gorgeous, Monken!  It's too pretty to cut...but I bet it's going to taste delicious. 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: February 28, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »

Thank you so much, Sassy & CBB, wish i could give you all a piece!!! 

Monken that truly is an exceptional cake, you have quite an eye for all the right colors and design, besides lots of patience and pastry bag skills !!

I continue to stand with the girl.
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #704 on: February 28, 2009, 08:42:01 PM »

Topix

Web Sleuth Admin a Convicted Sex Offender

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/orlando-fl/TIF13AVKQLT1C0PPS

Murt's posting and backpedaling.

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #705 on: February 28, 2009, 08:42:47 PM »

Thank you everyone for your ideas, help, and prayers.  I sent the hubs to the store with a grociery list...he is the chef in the family.  I took out a pre-put-together lasagne from the deep freezer, one from a set that my grandmother puts together for us when she comes in to town, popped that sucker in the oven per her instructions, and hubs took that over to the house.
I am going to try both Boo's recipe and Newfies for tomorrow.  Boo's for lunch and Newfies for dinner.  He currently has a lot of our family surrounding him as well as close family friends.  Both him and his wife were visited this week by pretty much everyone, she felt she was getting weak and she wanted to be surrounded by all the love. 
Everyone has brought food over to the house, eaten with him, and just have been remembering the good times and the strong times.
Again thank you all so much for your help and prayers.  I love all my monkey family!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #706 on: February 28, 2009, 08:50:49 PM »

AMERICA'S MOST WANTED TONIGHT @ 9 EST. 

ADJI DESIR 

THANK YOU! 

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: February 28, 2009, 09:14:45 PM »

For those that don't believe and because I hate it when computer geeks think the rest of the world is stupid (and they are a god sitting on the white throne) and think they can twist words to give the impression of something else. And because I used to Admin a board (about pictures) and hate it when board members are lied to.  One simple Google search.

Read PMs
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91369

There it is in black & white at the site that was recommended. 

RANT OVER LOL

You think the "Occupant of the Great White Throne" read my post?  I guess someone is trying to cover their a$$ after being found out.  His personal comment "All Hail the Occupant of the Great White Throne!" makes me want to puke.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: February 28, 2009, 09:44:22 PM »

DOLCE,
I am sorry to hear of the loss your driver has suffered.  Do think that's enough cooking on your part however.  Hubby can pick up something in the deli or even KFC just remember to put it in YOUR dishes so it is more personal.

It is how you care and not what you do and anyone expecting twins pretty well has a pass on doing much physically.  While you may feel well and able to do lots of things, your back has to hold up for the rest of the pregnancy so just don't do any more than necessary. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: February 28, 2009, 09:52:22 PM »

wendi asked me to post these images of her house with snow tonight:

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #710 on: February 28, 2009, 09:55:53 PM »

DOLCE,
I am sorry to hear of the loss your driver has suffered.  Do think that's enough cooking on your part however.  Hubby can pick up something in the deli or even KFC just remember to put it in YOUR dishes so it is more personal.

It is how you care and not what you do and anyone expecting twins pretty well has a pass on doing much physically.  While you may feel well and able to do lots of things, your back has to hold up for the rest of the pregnancy so just don't do any more than necessary. 

Thank you Anna.  I am keeping my husband quite busy, he is pretty broken up over this.  (This couple is his Godparents, he was my driver to help make money that SS could not provide and Medicare just could not pay all of the needed medical bills.)
Great tip on putting them into my own dishes.  I was going to pick up some fresh cut sunflowers tomorrow to bring over to him in the morning before we go to Mass.
Again thank you everyone for your prayers, they are so very much apreciated!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #711 on: February 28, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »

Wendi, your house is just beautiful.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #712 on: February 28, 2009, 09:59:25 PM »

Monken that cake is gorgeous, really way to lovely to eat, but I bet it is delicious.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: February 28, 2009, 10:02:29 PM »

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN HUNTSVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 12 PM CST SUNDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

PRECIPITATION WILL BEGIN PUSHING INTO NORTH ALABAMA AND PARTS OF SOUTHERN MIDDLE TENNESSEE THIS EVENING. AS COLDER AIR FILTERS IN... THE RAIN WILL CHANGE OVER TO SNOW AROUND MIDNIGHT. PERIODS OF SNOW WILL OCCUR OVERNIGHT AND INTO SUNDAY MORNING... BEFORE FINALLY TAPERING OFF AROUND MIDDAY. MOST AREAS TONIGHT CAN EXPECT ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE TO TWO INCHES. HOWEVER... AS SNOWFALL CONTINUES OVER THE TENNESSEE VALLEY SUNDAY... TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF TWO TO FOUR INCHES ARE EXPECTED.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: February 28, 2009, 10:06:40 PM »

Wendi, your house is just beautiful.

I agree.  Your home is beautiful.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #715 on: February 28, 2009, 10:44:26 PM »

Beautiful cake and house - cant decide which one of you I want to live with!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #716 on: March 01, 2009, 12:07:00 AM »

KLAAS!  PLEASE HELP!!

O/T but if you are here . . . .a while ago you posted a free anti-spyware/malware website here on Musings and I can't find it.  My daughter's laptop is totally screwed up with Spyware Protection 2009, which is malware.  Spybot and a few other free tools do not work!!

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago (and still do - I know that's not what you want to hear).  Try running Malwarebytes.org (it's free).  As of a few days ago Microsoft was still not able to fix it.  Try running microsoft live one.  I had to buy a new computer   Hopefully Microsoft have a fix for it soon. 

Thank you, KC Jackie!  You're right . . . not what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate your suggestions.  I didn't have time today but will work on it again tomorrow.  I didn't even think to go to the MS website.  I'll just keep trying . . .
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #717 on: March 01, 2009, 12:07:50 AM »

Hi pdh3!  Nice to see you!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #718 on: March 01, 2009, 01:21:37 AM »

Hello MT and BabsKat!!! 
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #719 on: March 01, 2009, 01:35:08 AM »

Well I keep missing everybody. Guess I will call it a night. Everybody have a nice Sunday. Good Night and God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.