May 31, 2024, 05:50:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #584 2/18 - 2/25/2007  (Read 124938 times)
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2007, 10:01:16 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
Quote from: "Buckeye"
HI Monkeys... I promise not to derail all the great discussion, but I am going  O/T for one second.

Does anyone know the age of the premie that was born that weighed 10 oz and is now up to 4 lbs.?  She's so cute!!!  But I keep missing how early the baby was...

She was 21 weeks and taken care of last night by a very close relation of mine.  Wink

well you hug that person.... can you imagine... 21 weeks??? it's amazing...

It is quite a miracle.  Rescue is usually not attempted at that age.  Those babies literally fit in the palm of your hand.  Most neonatal units have reunions for prior patients.  It's something to see all the growing, happy kids that started out so tiney.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »

Buckeye... that was just beyond words for me... hug that relative!!!

Monkeys, I need to run out.. .and get to bed early tonight!  I was tired all day...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2007, 11:01:22 PM »

O/T
When I read this I about gagged and choked on my soda. With Netherlands and their redlight district prostitution, drug trafficking and human trafficking problem I feel the Cambodian children are more at risk and danger than they are being reabilitated and protected. Just made me sick to see this. I truly pray and hope Netherlands are really helping these children and not taking advantage of them and the situation by placing them in child slavery.

There are two others they are funding, #2, #3, and #5. Just sick!

Project Title:  Anti-Child Trafficking Project in Cambodia
      Project Goal:  Stop and Minimize Child Trafficking in Cambodia
      Project Objectives:  1.. To raise awareness and disseminate
trafficking information to at-risk people/children in targeted areas.
        2.. Improve the local leaders' understanding and involve them in the
prevention measures.
        3.. Provide direct assistance to at-risk and/or victims of
trafficking.
        4.. Strengthen law enforcement.

Project Beneficiaries:  Primary beneficiary:

a.. Children in school, children not attending school and their
families who are at risk of being trafficked
        b.. Village people

Second beneficiary:

a.. Community Leaders, village chiefs, police
        b.. School teachers, school directors and other related NGOs

Project Rationale:  Trafficking in human being is one of the most
sinister problems that the world community has to face in the new
millennium. Fed by a global system that allows millions of people to live in
abject poverty, trafficking cheapens human life until it is reduced to a
saleable community. The buying and selling of human beings in Cambodia is an increasing problem that demands answer and assistance from every level of the society.

Trafficking in Cambodia and the South East Asia region is based around
the movement of people into lowly paid and socially undesirable jobs,
predominantly in the sexual industry, but also in construction, domestic
service, and begging rings.

Prior to 1990, Cambodian society has very little or none knowledge of
the problem of trafficking, particularly of the sexual exploitation matter.
Trafficking of Vietnamese girls for prostitution in Cambodia is due to the
relaxation of border controls. Cambodia is a destination and transit country for young girls, who are trafficked from Vietnam. This phenomenon started after 1993 when Cambodian borders were opened in response to the new market economy. However, the exact of Justice estimates that at lease 100,000 Vietnamese have been forced to work (sexual service worker) in Cambodian brothel. Some of these victims are subsequently trafficked to Thailand and other countries for sexual purpose.

According to the Human Rights Commission of the National Assembly, 18% of women and girls prostitutes in Cambodia are Vietnamese; while the Center for Protection of Children Rights (CCPCR) estimates that 35% are from Vietnam. The ILO estimates that at least 3,000 women and girls from southern Vietnam have been trafficked to the country to work as prostitutes, with more than 15% being younger than 15 years of age in 1998. After Cambodians, the Vietnamese make up the largest group of women prostitutes in Cambodia.
Most of these Vietnamese girls, know little about trafficking, and have been taken from poor families and trafficked across the southern border with Cambodia with offers of high paying jobs or simply sold by their parents.

These young Vietnamese victims are usually first enslaved in a brothel
area, called Svay Pak which is about 11km north of Phnom Penh city, before being resold to the other tourist cities such as Siem Reap, Sihanouk ville, Koh Kong, Battambang and Bantey Meanchey. Svay Pak has the largest number of Vietnamese girls, as they appeal more to foreigner tourists than Cambodian
girls.

The increase of the amount of the number of trafficked women and girls
illustrated of the fact that trafficking is a lucrative business in
Cambodia. It makes around millions of US Dollars annually. It estimated that approximately 88,000 Cambodians work in Thailand as bounded laborers at any given time. Many girls are exploited in the sexual industry while some young children and elderly are employed as beggars. Annually, around 30,000 women and girls are trafficked to neighboring countries, especially Thailand and premises to Malaysia, Singapore and/or even to Hong Kong and middle east countries. Women and girls, particularly those in rural areas, are the most likely to become victims of trafficking.
http://www.cambodianvision.com/projects.html#project6

Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2007, 11:23:02 PM »

Quote from: "anidac"
Quote from: "klaasend"
This message was posted in an Aruban bulletin board by a member that works for the helicopter tours.  Someone had asked why the helicopter was flying over the Holiday Inn so long.  This was the answer.  The date was Friday, February 16th:

We had a filmproduction with us in the aircraft, film is regarding Natalee H., thatīs why we were circling the Holiday Inn and Fishermenīs Hut for more than an hour.

I forgot the name of the company but the show it will be on is called "Court TV".

Dont know where and when, but sould come in a few weeks.

This would be the HAUNTING EVIDENCE show.

Klaas, was this a recent post and if so, when was this heli seen?  Not look for a date just trying to understand if this is past or present info.

Jossy also mentioned on my last show that Court TV was there filming.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2007, 11:37:52 PM »

apparently along with all the other stuff they don't take seriously in aruba, conflict of interest ranks right on up there...

Let's not forget The Netherlands figuring out that Aruba had no laws against corruption, as opposed to the laws stamped DO NOT ENFORCE.
 Confused

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #305 on: February 20, 2007, 11:41:01 PM »

Well, Well...isn't this special  Rolling Eyes

Hello Monkeys! This is truely mind juggling! I wonder if Paulus promised Carlo money from the lawsuit he just lost. He was so sure he was getting that money, of course, we now know he didn't, so I guess he gave Carlo the "old I O U "....It just amazes me that The suspect's father is now an equal partner to his son's lawyer, unreal!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2007, 12:01:12 AM »

I know that Paulus got hired by Carlo's firm last year, but in reading that post I am just presuming it means that now they have renamed the firm, and become equals= Carlo and Paul. Isn't that what it means? Anyone?
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2007, 12:09:46 AM »

Quote from: "Elaine"
I know that Paulus got hired by Carlo's firm last year, but in reading that post I am just presuming it means that now they have renamed the firm, and become equals= Carlo and Paul. Isn't that what it means? Anyone?
Whatever it means, those two working together makes me queezy.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2007, 12:15:41 AM »

I wonder if Carlo belonged to a "firm" before, but now seems to be in this partnership with PVDS........does that mean he is no longer  a member of the foriginal partnership? Hmmmmmm

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2007, 12:16:28 AM »

sorry  .... original

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2007, 12:31:24 AM »

Yep, sounds that way to me.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2007, 12:32:04 AM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"

I wonder if Carlo belonged to a "firm" before, but now seems to be in this partnership with PVDS........does that mean he is no longer  a member of the foriginal partnership? Hmmmmmm

He did belong to a firm before.  Let me see if I can find it.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2007, 12:40:28 AM »

I thought it was a firm but I could be wrong. I'm not finding anything.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2007, 12:49:41 AM »

Greta is in town.  I took a walk over to the courthouse where On The Record was filming - I wanted to try to get to ask her why she has dropped the Natalee coverage and if she had followed up on the emails sent to her in regards to the phone taps, etc.   Couldn't get close enough but did send a note via her film crew.  

I mentioned Scared Monkeys and that everything she needed to do a show was right there on the Front Page. Wink

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2007, 12:56:05 AM »

Quote from: "Sleuth"
Greta is in town.  I took a walk over to the courthouse where On The Record was filming - I wanted to try to get to ask her why she has dropped the Natalee coverage and if she had followed up on the emails sent to her in regards to the phone taps, etc.   Couldn't get close enough but did send a note via her film crew.  

I mentioned Scared Monkeys and that everything she needed to do a show was right there on the Front Page. Wink

Sleuth!!  Cool, you ROCK!
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2007, 12:56:12 AM »

I thought it was a firm but I could be wrong. I'm not finding anything.

Me either, looked in the aruba yellow pages. Maybe they fired him when he linked up with PVDS? .....bad for business  Shocked

Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2007, 01:20:30 AM »

I wrote up a few notes in advance just in case .  Rita Cosby got one also   Wink

I plan to go earlier tomorrow before work and see if it is any better.  It was crazy by 8:00 am today.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2007, 01:25:58 AM »

I wrote up a few notes in advance just in case .  Rita Cosby got one also   Wink

I plan to go earlier tomorrow before work and see if it is any better.  It was crazy by 8:00 am today.

I watched some of it on TV and I can only imagine!  Boy, that judge is a real kook.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2007, 01:34:18 AM »

I watched some of it on TV and I can only imagine!  Boy, that judge is a real kook.

He has a audition tape for his own show.  He was probably very happy to see CourtTVNews there and played it up a bit.  He is known for being like that though.

Watch this - doesn't it look like he is preparing for his own progam debut...

http://tinyurl.com/yrt5cu

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #319 on: February 21, 2007, 01:35:36 AM »

Great job Sleuth ... been meaning to contact Rita ... heard that voice during the Greta show from across the room, lol.

That Anna thing in FL looks like a 3 Ring Circus
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.