May 31, 2024, 05:14:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #584 2/18 - 2/25/2007  (Read 124933 times)
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2007, 09:39:07 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Good Evening monkeys.  Hope everyone is well.  Ahhhh! Yes. The Body Farm.  Fascinating indeed.  Every way imaginable to decompose a body is done there.  Very interesting.

OFF TOPIC ALERT!!!!  ANIMAL CRUELTY STORY...ENDS GOOD.  Did my good deed for the day today.  A customer came into the store where I work today and bought dog food and some containers to feed dogs.  The clerk asked what he was doing since this man was obviously from out of town.  Long story, short.  This man found 3 little puppies tied in a black trash bag thrown out in a garbage dump.  He saw the bag move and got out to investigate.  He couldn't take the pups back with him since he's working so he did the best he could do...he fed them and brought them water. He was going to try and keep them fed as long as he could before he had to leave. Another lady and I left from work later today and went searching for them and now they are resting quietly with full tummies and a nice soft bed to sleep on.  Next step is finding homes for them.  There are special places in hades for those that do things so cruel...I have to believe.

Rant over.

God bless you for helping them, Lala's. I'm convinced that people who can be cruel to animals also have the capacity to be cruel to people, and I don't trust them one bit! Evil or Very Mad

I Stand With The Girl
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2007, 09:43:32 PM »

Good going, Lalas!! What a wonderful man you met and God must have sent ya'll to the store at the same time so you could help get the puppies a home...How could someone do that to defenseless animals? Once while I was in college, I found some puppies in the woods  Shocked and they were really hungry...I always wondered if they were just dropped off...well, I took them to a friend's house and we found those puppies a home too...A poor country family took them in and took great care of them...They had a bunch of kids and I often wondered how they fed all those mouths!

Bring Natalee home...
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: February 21, 2007, 09:50:49 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Is anyone else wondering about this rapid deterioration we are now hearing about ANS's body. Not to be gruesome, and I am not  hinting at criminal motive....shock perhaps....but i wonder if there was not a longer delay than initially revealed in alerting athourities between the time AS died, and the time the death was reported?  Depite "warm Bahamian climate" ........

ANS died in Florida. But I do wonder since they are talking of the rapid development of decomposition if they were slow to call 911.

I think alot of the CSI ( the original TV show) uses alot of the type of techniques developed by the body farm. Such as the bugs on the body and when they develop.

Just a swinging with the tribe
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #403 on: February 21, 2007, 10:07:33 PM »

Didn't they keep ANS in a refrigerated place for all this time?  I can't see all the decomp so suddenly if she's embalmed.  Then again, I know little about the subject.
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #404 on: February 21, 2007, 10:25:17 PM »

I have helped catch dropped cats and dogs,that were left.I have a neighbor who finds homes,for them.Yes,i do believe there is special place in hades,for them.i am still looking for a sudden solution in aruba.i hope they fly the rapist back on jet blue.   Peaches,I can see you out the sun resting this summer.  Hubby(terve) too,have seen and enjoyed the midnight sun.It is approaching. I am ready to go see the movie "Amazing Grace"  cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #405 on: February 21, 2007, 10:35:20 PM »

Hugging Nemo early, I have to go check on my house guests.  I will get my daughter to take their photos this weekend and I will try to post it in the lounge.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #406 on: February 21, 2007, 10:47:34 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Is anyone else wondering about this rapid deterioration we are now hearing about ANS's body. Not to be gruesome, and I am not  hinting at criminal motive....shock perhaps....but i wonder if there was not a longer delay than initially revealed in alerting athourities between the time AS died, and the time the death was reported?  Depite "warm Bahamian climate" ........

Hi BB I heard that last night on our TV news along with a snippet of the "clown" face and talking to the doll.  Anyone who would film a person behaving like that does not have that persons best interests at heart. IMO.
Also I think the baby would be much better off being adopted by a caring nurturing family rather than tossed about like a pingpong ball because of what money she MAY inherit.  What a bunch of leeches. IMO. Rant Over.
But my original question was to be this :  would the drugs ANS had obviously consumed also contribute to the rapid deterioration of the body?

You know I have to take the other side of the fence stance on this one Tib. HKS was with ANS for years, and probably 24/7 at times. Even on her reality tv show, she acted bizzare and totally off her rocker many many times. Were those who filmed her guilty of anything more than HKS? Were we who watched guilty of watching and not doing anything to prevent the progression to such an end? ANS was often clearly on some type of substance (s)  on most of the shows that aired. Anna exhibited the "starry eyed look" and that "baby talk" voice on several of the shows that I saw aired, and was clearly not in the same world as most of us.

I don't think HKS saw anything he would consider stranger  than events he had probably seen hundreds of times before. He has said it was the hardest thing to watch , anna going throught the pain she was experiencing since Daniel died. I bet it truely was. He could have left her alone.

You know, I am tending to agree with you. I never did see the reality show. But all these ppl who are saying to Howard, why didn't you get her off drugs or why did you let her take them. ??
LB left her over drugs didn't he ? Peter Nygaard let her go because of the drug use and that was way before HKS met her. Lotta ppl moved thru her life and got on with their own.  
Anna's mother saying she wished she would have kidnapped her. Well, she didn't. She might have had to get up off her fat A*& and do something. How could they have expected HKS to do what they could not. Just telling someone to get off drugs seems to not work.Maybe they should have a doctor who treated Anna or an addicition expert on the show, oops, I mean the trial. I might change my mind after
the cause of death is in. She had a fever and was sick to her stomach in the days before. She was in the hospital several times.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #407 on: February 21, 2007, 10:55:49 PM »

Quote from: "A's Fever"
I know there is no exact rate of decomposition, and that many factors come into this equation. I have read in the news that ANS's body was apparently not embalmed using the highest standards possible. I also read that she wants an open casket for viewing? I don't really see how this will be possible.
Interesting field of study .........has any one ever heard about the body farm?

BB, if you are still here, what does it mean that ANS' body was "not embalmed using the highest standards possible"?  Are there a variety of methods?  Isn't it regulated?  Geez, that sounds worrisome . . . .

Sorry for the delayed response. It was a comment made on the news, and was stated by the medical examiner from the Bahamas. He actually called the courthouse during the proceedings yesterday, to state that decomposition was occuring more rapidly than anticipated. He was then questioned and when asked about it, one reason he gave for the inferior job was the delay that occured before the actual enbalming could take place.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #408 on: February 21, 2007, 10:58:05 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
It is. It is actually a book also. The original one is in FLorida, but I read they want to make a new one in Iowa? I guess to study the effects of time/conditions in a more varied climate. Sorry for the OT.......

Actually, I think the original one was in Knoxville, TN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Farm

I only know this because I got my Master's Degree at the Univ. of TN in Knoxville, and heard a lot about it while I was there. I thought the whole concept was kinda icky.  Embarassed

You are absolutely right, I haven't read about it for awhile. Did you ever get to see it? Even to talk to Dr Bass would be so interesting! He looks like someones grandfather, but when he starts to explain his experiments......watch out!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2007, 11:00:17 PM »

O/T

NEW FRONT PAGE POST:

Liz Carroll, Mother of 3 year old Murdered Ohio Foster Child Marcus Fiesel Found Guity

http://tinyurl.com/23oluo
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »

New Front Page Post:

Liz Carroll, Mother of 3 year old Murdered Ohio Foster Child Marcus Fiesel Found Guity

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/02/21/liz-carroll-mother-of-3-year-old-murdered-fotser-child-marcus-fiesel-found-guity/

If you ever think that those that comit crimes do not read the internet and blogs ... think again. That was the case with Liz Carroll who contacted us back in Sept 2006, right before she was arrested. Needless to say her words and comments met with the FCC censors.

Read the story ... sad story of Marcus Fiesel
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »

Just read about little Marcus. How sad, will it ever end....the lack of control, ignorance, acts of bodily harm grown people continue to inflict on babies. These 2 idiots were foster parents! I hope they get a little jailhouse justice.

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2007, 11:26:14 PM »

Quote from: "A's Fever"
I know there is no exact rate of decomposition, and that many factors come into this equation. I have read in the news that ANS's body was apparently not embalmed using the highest standards possible. I also read that she wants an open casket for viewing? I don't really see how this will be possible.
Interesting field of study .........has any one ever heard about the body farm?

BB, if you are still here, what does it mean that ANS' body was "not embalmed using the highest standards possible"?  Are there a variety of methods?  Isn't it regulated?  Geez, that sounds worrisome . . . .

Sorry for the delayed response. It was a comment made on the news, and was stated by the medical examiner from the Bahamas. He actually called the courthouse during the proceedings yesterday, to state that decomposition was occuring more rapidly than anticipated. He was then questioned and when asked about it, one reason he gave for the inferior job was the delay that occured before the actual enbalming could take place.

Maybe it does have to do with the delay before embalming.  I'm thinking of James Brown, who died on Christmas, I think, who was either just buried or his family has finally decided where to bury him. But he was embalmed and it has been almost two months.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2007, 11:33:29 PM »

Red, you are so right.  We often do not realize how many people do turn to the internet for information.  Most times we here at SM tend to forget how very, very public our discussions are and that many people are reading our entries, drawing their own conclusions.  Matter of fact, I even heard Howard K. Stern today in court refer to a fax he read about last night on the internet.

BRING NATALEE HOME
crazybabyborg
« Reply #414 on: February 21, 2007, 11:38:44 PM »

Hi Guys! I'm trying hard to not get "hooked" on the ANS thing, but that courtroom is a temptation!It's like Woody Allen goes to Law School!  Laughing

Klaas or Mishy? Do either of you have an original Mishy avatar? If so, could you please post it in the lounge? TIA and sorry for the OT.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2007, 11:41:22 PM »

Question from out in left field. Was Jossy born in Aruba or Lebanon? Does anyone remember?

AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #416 on: February 21, 2007, 11:46:10 PM »

BB, for some reason I have the impression that Jossy was born in Aruba.  I could be wrong, but I think that's what I read.

I have to confess to a fascination with this ANS hearing.  I have trouble tearing myself away from it.  I think I'm waiting for someone on a white horse to ride to the rescue.  Hubby said today why don't they just cremate her and give half her ashes to HKS for her daughter and half of the ashes to her mother for their family.  That sounded so sensible to me that it shocked me out of my rapt fascination with this circus.

BRING NATALEE HOME
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2007, 11:49:52 PM »

A weird question--but does anyone else think this Judge in the ANS hearing might fancy himself a Solomon and expect him to award half of the remains to each party?  Maybe I've been watching too much Court TV...

BRING NATALEE HOME
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: February 21, 2007, 11:54:44 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
BB, for some reason I have the impression that Jossy was born in Aruba.  I could be wrong, but I think that's what I read.

I have to confess to a fascination with this ANS hearing.  I have trouble tearing myself away from it.  I think I'm waiting for someone on a white horse to ride to the rescue.  Hubby said today why don't they just cremate her and give half her ashes to HKS for her daughter and half of the ashes to her mother for their family.  That sounded so sensible to me that it shocked me out of my rapt fascination with this circus.

Thanks......I am not  sure about the Jossy thing. I thought he was born somewhere else, but moved to Aruba very young and was raised there.....but not sure.

I too am watching/reading abit about this ANS thing. It is pretty much a done deal IMO with regard to her burial though. After Daniel died, she bought the plots in the Bahamas, obviously she wanted to be buried there.
People who feel HKS is behind  that just need to look at the fact that it was  ANS that slept with the Bahamian official in order to have her permanent residency approved......doubt Howard was there for that!

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2007, 11:56:16 PM »

Quote from: "AZLady"
A weird question--but does anyone else think this Judge in the ANS hearing might fancy himself a Solomon and expect him to award half of the remains to each party?  Maybe I've been watching too much Court TV...

HAHA he is a character. Eating up his 15 minutes of fame.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.