May 29, 2024, 03:58:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #678 8/16 - 8/26/2007  (Read 214521 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2007, 09:47:19 PM »

Head in Sand

Requests on 24ora to STOP coverage of bone find - fear of negative reaction...image.

igsigs - are you seeing that in the 24ora Comments, or reading it at another site?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2007, 09:51:29 PM »

Head in Sand

Requests on 24ora to STOP coverage of bone find - fear of negative reaction...image.

igsigs - are you seeing that in the 24ora Comments, or reading it at another site?
24ora comments section. Concerns about Nancy Grace (still?), FOX, etc...
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2007, 10:35:13 PM »

Just how myopic are these ppl?  NG hasn't said anything in for ever about this story...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2007, 10:36:52 PM »

DIARIO Aruba
10/29/2005

ORANJESTAD (AAN): There has been a lot of cristicism about the fact that a tourist found something resembling a human bone on the beach a little to the North of the Fisherman’s Huts and that after handing it over to police…he heard nothing more of it. A few American TV channels questioned this day and night and no one in Aruba wanted to give a response.

There are now details relating to this issue. It is now known that the bone was found around the boat Baboo II in Malmok. Apparently a person discovered the bone and had indications that it could be human.

The discovered bone was handed over to High Commissioner Ronnie Bernadina in connection to the disappearance of the American student, Natalee Holloway.

It is known that for some months there has been an investigation about the location of the American girl. Related to this, there have been a few detention while all of these suspects have now been set free.

Searches on our island have been organized by foreigners and also locals. They have presented themselves with sophisticated machines to look in certain areas of the sea for any trace. However, so far no trace has been found.

Nevertheless, Natalee’s family continues to search because they want to find where their daughter is located.

The bone that was previously found, according to reports, was examined by local experts to verify if it could be part of a human being. According to reports, the bone could be a few months or years old, but experts will be able to determine this based on their investigation which is taking place in the institute located in Rijks Laboratorium in Holland.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2007, 10:37:59 PM »

Paul Reyolds - Natalee’s Uncle
PAULA ZAHN
July 14, 2005

REYNOLDS: Right, the Van Der Sloot’s private property, which I think is a very important area to be searched.

And then tonight, in talking to EquuSearch, I have found out that last week, I think it was last Wednesday, that two tourists were scuba diving and found two bones, which they turned over to the police a week ago. The police have done nothing with that. They did not notify EquuSearch, the search team who had forensic divers on the island at that time. What a perfect opportunity for them to go investigate that site.

But their response as to why they’ve done nothing with those bones in over a week was because the person that could examine them was unavailable, on vacation or out of the country or something of that nature. Unbelievable! I just hate to think that the entire investigation is being handled in that same manner.

ZAHN: Paul, we haven’t been able to independently confirm what you’re saying tonight. But what would be the motivation of the Aruban government to hold back in the investigation of these bones, above and beyond the fact that they say the guy that does this kind of work is on vacation?

REYNOLDS: You know it’s hard to say. When you keep saying things like that, you know we’ve talked in the past about inexperience. But sometimes you have to wonder if it’s a design and you know we’re not sure who’s making these decisions, but it’s certainly hindering the investigation.

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2007, 10:40:59 PM »

The following excerpt was taken from the letter which Art Wood sent to the Attorney General of Aruba on behalf of Dave, Robin, Beth and Jug … the letter requesting that the Natalee Holloway investigation team be replaced.

Janet

Date: November 1,2005

To: Theresa Croes Fernandez-Pedra
Attorney General Of Aruba
Havenstrat 2
Orangestad,Aruba

From Arthur F. Wood
Dave and Robin Holloway
Beth and Jug Twitty

Dear Attorney General:

<snipped>

In early July 2005, a tourist found a bone on the beach with flesh intact, just south of the California lighthouse area. The tourist advised that the bone, which appeared to be a shoulder bone, was turned into the Noord Police Station.

This tourist contacted Dave Holloway approximately ten days after giving the bone to the Noord Police to inquire as to the results of the find. Dave Holloway was unaware that a bone had been found and advised the tourist to contact the Noord Police Station for the results. He also inquired the FBI as to what they had been told about the bone. The FBI told Dave that they had heard nothing about a bone being found and that the Aruban Investigative team was unaware of a bone being found.

Further inquiry only added to the confusion regarding this bone as Dennis Jacobs said that a donkey bone and a fish bone were found. Another investigator from the team advised that a human bone was found but that it was to old to have been from Natalee.

In August, I asked Roy Tromp about the bone and he said he was unaware of any bone being found.

It is not hard for one to imagine the uncertainty in the mind of a parent searching for his missing daughter, hearing that a bone was found, contacting the investigative team and being given an array of confusing answers. The question in Dave Holloway’s mind remains. Was the bone that the tourist found and thought of as a human shoulder bone ever taken to the medical examiner? Was it photographed, Where is it now, and could it have been from Natalee Holloway?

<snipped>

Sincerley,
Arthur E. Wood

Signed and in agreement
Dave Holloway
Robin Holloway
Beth Twitty
Jug Twitty

copy to:

The Honorable Nelson Oduber, Prime Miniser of Aruba
Rudy Croes Minister of Justice Aruba
Helen Lejuez ( attorney for Beth Twitty)
Vinda DeSousa ( attorney for Dave Holloway)
The Honorable Bob Riley, Governor of Alabama
Condoleesa Rice, U.S. Secretary of State.

_____

oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2007, 10:44:27 PM »

The tattoo looks like an ankh.
http://www.swagga.com/ankh.htm

Thank you msmarple. I recall reading about ancient Egypt and talisman, but it seems to me that symbol may have been important on a case I have been interested in.  Again -      Smile

Special delivery!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2007, 10:48:08 PM »

Janet - thank you for continuing to post those old articles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2007, 10:51:23 PM »

Janet - thank you for continuing to post those old articles!

Klaas ... you are welcome.

Janet

_____

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2007, 11:04:54 PM »

Remembering that specific incident brings back such anger.  So many things were happening, a few tourists were finding pieces of what could very well have been evidence.   Where did it all go???  The duct tape with the blonde hair, sun glasses, ..
 Graphic as it is to speak of, a bone, washing up on the beach, with flesh still on it good God...it was somebody.... And the police deny it, just days later.

That blue tarp on the rocks, wasn't that photographed shortly after the retraction that Natalee had been found?   Another smokescreen, distraction??

You are a wealth of information my Canadian Friend?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: August 18, 2007, 11:19:02 PM »

Remembering that specific incident brings back such anger.  So many things were happening, a few tourists were finding pieces of what could very well have been evidence.   Where did it all go???  The duct tape with the blonde hair, sun glasses, ..
 Graphic as it is to speak of, a bone, washing up on the beach, with flesh still on it good God...it was somebody.... And the police deny it, just days later.

That blue tarp on the rocks, wasn't that photographed shortly after the retraction that Natalee had been found?   Another smokescreen, distraction??

You are a wealth of information my Canadian Friend?

Good Night Auntiem.  Good Night All.

Janet

8:20 PM

_____

Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #251 on: August 18, 2007, 11:40:04 PM »

Amigoe in Dutch reported that minister Briessen (tourism) had had meetings with a dutch TV producer who frequents the island for holidays (3 to 4 times a year) and who now wants to make a 13 part documentary about the island. Which he also wants to be publised on DVD so that the tourism industry can use it for promotional purposes.

No need guessing how that documentary is going to be  Rolling Eyes nothing but positives  Rolling Eyes

instead of putting money and effort into spinning media, Briessen and his countrymen/women should actually try and improve Aruba itself instead of trying to make it look better through media spinning.

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2007, 12:02:58 AM »

Well, maybe they will attract Dutch tourists.

By the way, Ramm, do you support the boycott so many of us here subscribe to?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2007, 12:09:52 AM »

my opinion is rather too complex to put into 1 or 2 lines so I wrote a little section about it in my opinions blog:

http://rammsteinsopinions.blogspot.com/

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2007, 12:23:09 AM »

my opinion is rather too complex to put into 1 or 2 lines so I wrote a little section about it in my opinions blog:

Are you kidding me?? Well good for you as I wouldn't reccomend derailing a travel show thread here at SM like you did at BFN. BTW: Very well done today at BFN Ramm..You did very well!!

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2007, 12:39:13 AM »

Well, Ramm, you certainly have stated your thoughts in an orderly manner.

In light of the government of Aruba owning the hotel buildings, lots of them, I think the tourism boycott is a good approach if we could make it more effective.

Economic sanctions like not selling certain items could also hurt the wrong people but at this point, since they demonstrate about turtle eggs, the people of Aruba could have demonstrated for Natalee as well.  Instead they accused her of "dancing in Brazil" and things like that so I guess I don't have much sympathy for them either.

The hurt on any people of any sector is on those who committed this crime in any event, not those who exercise their right to chose another vacation destination. 

Some boycotts have been extremely successful in this country and are the bane of major corporations.  So if we could get a few more of your ideas enacted as well, it might become in the public interest to prosecute this.

And that is my next question, what is all this business about the Prosecution will not prosecute unless he deems it in the best interest of the public to do so?  Is it about the public interest or the rule of law?  I am totally flummoxed by reading that in the explanation of Dutch law Easywriter provided.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2007, 12:51:44 AM »

Well, Ramm, you certainly have stated your thoughts in an orderly manner.

In light of the government of Aruba owning the hotel buildings, lots of them, I think the tourism boycott is a good approach if we could make it more effective.

Economic sanctions like not selling certain items could also hurt the wrong people but at this point, since they demonstrate about turtle eggs, the people of Aruba could have demonstrated for Natalee as well.  Instead they accused her of "dancing in Brazil" and things like that so I guess I don't have much sympathy for them either.

The hurt on any people of any sector is on those who committed this crime in any event, not those who exercise their right to chose another vacation destination. 

Some boycotts have been extremely successful in this country and are the bane of major corporations.  So if we could get a few more of your ideas enacted as well, it might become in the public interest to prosecute this.

And that is my next question, what is all this business about the Prosecution will not prosecute unless he deems it in the best interest of the public to do so?  Is it about the public interest or the rule of law?  I am totally flummoxed by reading that in the explanation of Dutch law Easywriter provided.

that is true. The DA will only prosecute if it is in the best interest of the public.

Example: A battered woman kills her husband out of self defense when he tries to kill her. The norm is that all people who kill someone are brought for a judge and he/she will decide if it was justifiable or not. But when the evidence is so overwhelming and it is so obvious that she did have no other choice, how does it serve the public interest if she is put through the ordeal of a trial?

Other example (I read about this today): 2 young girls (minors) had defiled a warmemorial with paint. Now normally the law says prosecute. The prosecutor had both of the girls do a work-project and a presentation about the second world war. They had to make one and do a presentation for him to see if they had done enough work and to see if they had learned something about the second world war.

The prosecutor was convinced they had learned their lesson and after the girls had put a flower arrangement at the war memorial the prosecution and the city where the monument was situated agreed that this was sufficient.

In this case the prosecutor too decided that it did not serve the public interest to go through a trial

Example: a man committed armed robbery 12 years ago, he now confesses because he is lying in hospital terminally ill with only months of agony left. The prosecutor would then most likely decide that it would not be in the public interest to hold a trial for this man.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2007, 02:04:11 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2007, 06:22:23 AM »

Good Morning TylerSmile
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2007, 07:35:36 AM »

Are you kidding me?? Well good for you as I wouldn't reccomend derailing a travel show thread here at SM like you did at BFN. BTW: Very well done today at BFN Ramm..You did very well!!

But, *******, it has allowed him to 'perfect' his English  Wink

Very different from the syntax I remember reading at BFN over a year ago.

Although the song is the same one.

btw -- congrats, *******

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.