June 01, 2024, 11:48:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #671 8/1 - 8/2/2007  (Read 225257 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: August 02, 2007, 08:55:43 PM »

I don't see Tom linked anywhere on the contact links, is Tom gone?
You must have missed the memo, IndyDan Smile Smile 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #741 on: August 02, 2007, 08:56:18 PM »

I’ve been in discussion groups about very high profile cases, when news was breaking fast.  The off-topic side trips would irritate me to no end, because it was extremely distracting under the given circumstances.  Those circumstances no longer apply here.

Because some of us chit chat (heavy on the chit) here, should not be considered disrespectful.  If you want a lesson in disrespect for a victim and her family, just spend a few minutes at some of the other message boards focused on this case.  SM is in no way disrespectful to Natalee’s memory or her family’s heartbreak.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #742 on: August 02, 2007, 08:56:41 PM »

I don't see Tom linked anywhere on the contact links, is Tom gone?

yep
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #743 on: August 02, 2007, 08:57:44 PM »

Last week when I was sharing a hotel room with my co-worker Donna, she was surprised at how often I check in with the monkeys. I would check in the morning before our training sessions started, check again at lunch, check before we went out in the evening, and make a final check before I went to sleep. After a while she said, "You know, you spend more time talking to those people than most folks do talking to their families."

I thought about that for a minute, and then it hit me that all the monkeys are now a real part of my family, and that made me feel really good.  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #744 on: August 02, 2007, 09:00:39 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Muffy and Blah.  I'll take your lack of detail as it wasn't a nice separation. Sorry to hear that.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: August 02, 2007, 09:02:49 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Muffy and Blah.  I'll take your lack of detail as it wasn't a nice separation. Sorry to hear that.

oops sorry, i did not mean to imply that.  It was not like that at all.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #746 on: August 02, 2007, 09:02:56 PM »

Actually, I read Tom's comment, and it didn't hit me that way. He seemed to be pulled in a few different directions, decided he didn't have time for everything, and gave up SM to concentrate on some other stuff.

I Stand With The Girl
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #747 on: August 02, 2007, 09:04:32 PM »

He did a front page post when he left, maybe you can find it, i dont have a link to it.  It was not ugly or anything
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #748 on: August 02, 2007, 09:05:05 PM »

Hey..
I can see visitors and newbie's   coming to the LCD when news is slow and saying

Oh hey ...

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #749 on: August 02, 2007, 09:05:19 PM »

Not so! Tom made a very nice farewell and simply wanted to move on as he wasn't as "passionate" about "missing persons." He said he was very much in respect of Red and they remain great friends.

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #750 on: August 02, 2007, 09:06:17 PM »

are you trying to tell us that when you hit refresh - you can see the future???  Shocked

Can you hit refresh and get me the big game lotto numbers for tomorrow????

Nope not future.. past.  LOL
 I wish I could get the lotto numbers.  We would  all be rich..  Laughing Laughing Funny how some customers  THINK we know whats gonna hit at work.. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. MI like if I had the magic numbers., do yah REALLY think I would be here?  lol
 But I do play here and there.. and have a ticket in my purse for a whole week from 2 weeks ago. Not checked.. lol
  Maybe I will be luck and win a dollar or 2.. seems thats all I ever can hit on..  Laughing

I know a guy who hit for around $170 million, walked away with over $70 mill when it was all said and done.  He was a really nice guy but the money tunred his old lady psycho.  They were divorced about 2 years later after 17 years of married happily

Not long ago I watched a show on E or one of those called “The Curse of the Lotto” and wow!  A bunch of people have gone from nothing to multi-millions to nothing, or dead.  Shocked
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: August 02, 2007, 09:07:25 PM »

Oh No!  Nothing like that Indy.  I was just pullin' your leg...I think Tom had a lot he was doing with other interests.  Although we didn't hear from Tom as much as we did/do from Red, he was and is very much appreciated and will be missed.  I hope he swings by once in a while.  It would be great to hear from him.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #752 on: August 02, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »

Well that's great to hear, I've been out of the loop for that past few days and missed that.  Thanks for the update Blah.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #753 on: August 02, 2007, 09:09:44 PM »

Well that's great to hear, I've been out of the loop for that past few days and missed that.  Thanks for the update Blah.
Actually, it was more like a month ago. (Probably when you were out of town) Cool

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #754 on: August 02, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »

Last week when I was sharing a hotel room with my co-worker Donna, she was surprised at how often I check in with the monkeys. I would check in the morning before our training sessions started, check again at lunch, check before we went out in the evening, and make a final check before I went to sleep. After a while she said, "You know, you spend more time talking to those people than most folks do talking to their families."

I thought about that for a minute, and then it hit me that all the monkeys are now a real part of my family, and that made me feel really good.  Very Happy

I guess she didn't know about those times between the seminar starting and lunch, huh?   Laughing Razz Laughing
IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #755 on: August 02, 2007, 09:13:40 PM »

Actually, it was more like a month ago. (Probably when you were out of town) Cool
Probably so Wreck, when you're gone for any length of time, you start to try to catch up by fast skimming posts and miss a lot of details. 
I always liked Tom's laidback manner.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: August 02, 2007, 09:13:44 PM »

GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #757 on: August 02, 2007, 09:16:09 PM »

New computer for Dugga.....

Unnnhhhh I showed that to my SpouseUnit and he wants one. Does it come as a DIY kit or can I order him a working model? DIY kits don't get done. Does it come Next Day delivery like a Dell?
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #758 on: August 02, 2007, 09:16:19 PM »

Hello, Monkeys

TGIF  Laughing Laughing

Finally caught up reading.  I personally would hate to lose this forum and the close family feeling you get being part of it.  I know that losing it is not anyone's intention.  A more dedicated NH thread for serious discussions only is the best idea IMO and if any news breaks and is posted there first, someone would very soon wave an alert flag and we would all be over there so fast.
It has worked before when someone has posted for help in the lounge and we soon got the message.  Yes this is an odd thread I suppose but that is what makes SM attractive to many of us and why we chose to come here in the first place.  And the fact that we get truth and not fiction or fantasy and every respect is shown to Natalee and her family.

Easy Is your new avatar inside looking out, or outside looking in?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #759 on: August 02, 2007, 09:18:17 PM »

I guess she didn't know about those times between the seminar starting and lunch, huh?   Laughing Razz Laughing

Sssshhhhhhh........ Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.