June 03, 2024, 10:24:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #15 2/5 - 2/6/09  (Read 173489 times)
Sea Searcher
Monkey Junky

January 8th, 1935 On this day, a King was born !

« Reply #460 on: February 05, 2009, 09:13:23 PM »

((Leroy Said))

Oh Desi....Do Not Go Over There...you should see what happened to Carpe!!!

((Sea Searcher Reponded))
Leroy..can you explain in 5 OT words or less??? I went thru 23 pages and found nothing.. please link...miss carpe, he was my youtube connection

Leroy not in Caylee thread....please explain or point the way...TIA
[/quote]

SS, I agree it should not be in the Caylee thread.

Apparently the poster named "Destiny" who went by "Des" developed some kind of channeling thing last July and was posting about it while it was happening.  It was kind of hokey-sounding to me, but that's JMO.

She was claiming to be speaking to Natalee, or channeling the spirit of Natalee... kinda creepy.  She was under a lot of stress at the time apparently, and some monkeys were worried about her.

But she doesn't seem to be here any more... maybe banned?  or self-banned?

There was some conversation I believe last night where Des was referenced in a mocking manner...

Hence Blurry's cryptic comment to me today about not wanting to call me "Des."

Hope that helps.

Leroy has a link, I think.
[/quote]

Yes...I remember Des(tiny) ...don't really know what happened but I think she left, asking to be removed (which basically all you've got to do is not post) I've seen some of the conversation here about this other site but don't know much about it....and probably don't want to

I think I always called you Desi but I'll be sure to in future so there is no confusion

We will never be able to make a woman want her child. But we as a society could make a safe haven for those children in that situation. Let not one more child die from lack of wanting... We could call it the Caylee House.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #461 on: February 05, 2009, 09:18:13 PM »

JSM, you here?  What's going on?  Monkey Hugs!
Sorry I am here Lovin. I have been having anxiety from work and went to the doctor. They did an EKG on me and told me I need to go to a cardiologist and have a Holter monitor because of something called a short interval, but I don't know what that is.

JSM - my friend who just turned 30 had to have one...no big deal to have but they just want to make sure everything is okay.  You dont have to answer but do you take any anti-anxiety medication now?  Thats what my doctor put me on and it helped.
I'm fine Leroy. Zanny the Nanny is now my friend. They did an EKG on me today and found some kind of something that I don't know what they were talking about. I also found out I can't take Chantix because of the xanax so I can continue to smoke. Happy days are here again. Thanks for asking about me Leroy. I'm fine! Just wanted to know what a Holter monitor is!
FWIW, I smoke like a fiend myself.  God Bless Sassy for getting thru that.  I can't take chantix either...
I smoke like a fiend too,  have cut back a lot though. I figure someone has to pay the tobacco tax, so why shouldn't I do my civic duty! I am very proud of Sassy and all the monkeys that have quit. I think there are a lot here who have quit. I wish I had that much will power. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #462 on: February 05, 2009, 09:22:31 PM »

Hello - anybody home!!  I am back from having dinner at Muffy's!!  Wow- she is such a wondeful cook!! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: February 05, 2009, 09:23:34 PM »

Joesama - I never in a million years thought I'd be able to quit smoking.  When the time is right you will be able to.   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #464 on: February 05, 2009, 09:24:25 PM »

KC................I STILL want to know how you found the thread so quickly last night! It was so strange! I looked through 188 PAGES of my posts until I finally found my response, and when I went there, you were looking at the thread!! I had to backtrack to the thread before, and you were there, too!

Remember in the movie "Disclosure" with Michael Douglas and Demi Moore, when he "entered" the files, and the image of Demi Moore was in there, too? That's what it felt like!

Had Bearly been able to "buzz" me, I'd have freaked!
CBB - The little search box is your friend, LOL.  I seen Destiny had used the word chanelling in one of her posts - so I thought lets try that.   We was waiting over an hour for you to come back - We just sat back with our feet up knowing you were starting to perspire! 

Dang!!! It wore me out!!!

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2009, 09:27:15 PM »

((Leroy Said))

Oh Desi....Do Not Go Over There...you should see what happened to Carpe!!!

((Sea Searcher Reponded))
Leroy..can you explain in 5 OT words or less??? I went thru 23 pages and found nothing.. please link...miss carpe, he was my youtube connection
[/quote]

Leroy not in Caylee thread....please explain or point the way...TIA
[/quote]
WHAT HAPPENED TO CARPE ?
I miss him terribly.I know that he is around as he psoted something a week ago on the FP.
He was a staple here and I hope that no one hurt him. 
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2009, 09:27:45 PM »

I'm fine Leroy. Zanny the Nanny is now my friend. They did an EKG on me today and found some kind of something that I don't know what they were talking about. I also found out I can't take Chantix because of the xanax so I can continue to smoke. Happy days are here again. Thanks for asking about me Leroy. I'm fine! Just wanted to know what a Holter monitor is!

HI

Here is a link with a pic of it. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003877.htm#visualContent

Doesn't hurt at all..

Hope this helps.

OS
[/quote] Thanks it looks harmless.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2009, 09:27:58 PM »

KC................I STILL want to know how you found the thread so quickly last night! It was so strange! I looked through 188 PAGES of my posts until I finally found my response, and when I went there, you were looking at the thread!! I had to backtrack to the thread before, and you were there, too!

Remember in the movie "Disclosure" with Michael Douglas and Demi Moore, when he "entered" the files, and the image of Demi Moore was in there, too? That's what it felt like!

Had Bearly been able to "buzz" me, I'd have freaked!
CBB - The little search box is your friend, LOL.  I seen Destiny had used the word chanelling in one of her posts - so I thought lets try that.   We was waiting over an hour for you to come back - We just sat back with our feet up knowing you were starting to perspire! 

Dang!!! It wore me out!!!

I like spooking Jackie about the vodoo dolls!!   

When she was searching for it - music came on from one of Des' post!!  She must have jumped a foot!!  LOLOL  Big scaredy cat monkey!!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #468 on: February 05, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »

Sorry I am here Lovin. I have been having anxiety from work and went to the doctor. They did an EKG on me and told me I need to go to a cardiologist and have a Holter monitor because of something called a short interval, but I don't know what that is.
I'm sorry you're going through that!  Let me preface this by saying that I am NOT in the medical field. Wearing a Holter monitor is not painful.  It is just kind of like a mini-EKG.  The doctor will attach the little disk-pad-thingies to your chest and it has a bunch of wires that come all down into a small computer that looks alot like a pager.  I wore it for 24 hours and anytime I felt light headed or anxious or just "weird" I pushed a button on the "pager".  I had a simmilar experience with panic attacks and my Doctor heard a murmer.  After 24 hours I returned it and the DR. read the results. I don't know what "short interval" means either and I don't want to make an uneducated guess.  It is better to get it looked into then go with the unknown.  Please make sure your cardiologist explains everything to you & if you don't understand ask again! 
Thanks Lovin. I just read that you can't take a shower for 24 hours and that creeped me out. I guess I can deal with stinking for a day. As long as it doesn't hurt, I will be fine. Thanks for helping me!!!
Well I guess I blocked that part out!  LOL! It's been a few years!  Shower b4 you go in the AM and right after you get back from DR.  I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!  I hope it goes well.  Lovinlife
Thanks Lovin, I guess I can deal with the stink for 1/2 a day!  ::MonkeyShocked::I really thought about blowing it off until I showed a doctor at work the EKG, he told me to do it. So I trust him.

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #469 on: February 05, 2009, 09:31:04 PM »

When she was searching for it - music came on from one of Des' post!!  She must have jumped a foot!!  LOLOL  Big scaredy cat monkey!!

I've been reading.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #470 on: February 05, 2009, 09:31:11 PM »

Thanks it looks harmless.
[/quote]

Yw, it is harmless. just have to write down what you are doing resting, walking, climbing steps, etc. not even bad to sleep with it on..

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2009, 09:33:26 PM »

I'm sorry you're going through that!  Let me preface this by saying that I am NOT in the medical field. Wearing a Holter monitor is not painful.  It is just kind of like a mini-EKG.  The doctor will attach the little disk-pad-thingies to your chest and it has a bunch of wires that come all down into a small computer that looks alot like a pager.  I wore it for 24 hours and anytime I felt light headed or anxious or just "weird" I pushed a button on the "pager".  I had a simmilar experience with panic attacks and my Doctor heard a murmer.  After 24 hours I returned it and the DR. read the results. I don't know what "short interval" means either and I don't want to make an uneducated guess.  It is better to get it looked into then go with the unknown.  Please make sure your cardiologist explains everything to you & if you don't understand ask again! 
Thanks Lovin. I just read that you can't take a shower for 24 hours and that creeped me out. I guess I can deal with stinking for a day. As long as it doesn't hurt, I will be fine. Thanks for helping me!!!

My daughter (she's 27) just went through this JSM.   Everything turned out ok.  They decided she was just under a lot of stress between her job and losing her FIL due to a brain aneurysm.    (BTW - she was also smoking at the time, just quit recently because she found out she is pregnant).   I'll keep you in prayer.  Don't worry - it will be ok.   Hugs.
I'm glad your daughter is well Sassy. You're gonna be a granny cat!  How awesome is that. I'm sorry about her FIL.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: February 05, 2009, 09:35:43 PM »

Hi Monkies,
So sorry for jumping in here. I wanted to leave a post for Klaas.

Klaas,
When I logged into SM while on the Donna Juo thread I was sent to this webpage
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1337.0;attach=369;image

here is a screen shot

this is really eerie because both times when this happened I was on page 23, the day in June that he took Donna away.

That is weird.  I wonder if it's taking you back to where you last were? 

Klaas:

I was logging in to respond to a post in my avatar thread and upon hitting the enter key, I also got this picture:

I resized it 50% to show you.

That was all that was on the page.

Who is this? I have never seen him before.

Very odd, eh?

flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #473 on: February 05, 2009, 09:35:45 PM »

WHAT HAPPENED TO CARPE ?
I miss him terribly.I know that he is around as he posted something a week ago on the FP.

I miss him too, KatGram!!  When I started posting here, he was one of the main reasons I kept coming back - I always wanted to see what hilarious posts he'd made lately.  He was also responsible for me running to the bathroom several times since I was laughing so hard - trying to avoid an accident.  I'm too young to wear Depends, I tell ya!!

Carpe, you are missed!!

Hi to all my Monkey friends here tonight!

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: February 05, 2009, 09:37:43 PM »

My daughter (she's 27) just went through this JSM.   Everything turned out ok.  They decided she was just under a lot of stress between her job and losing her FIL due to a brain aneurysm.    (BTW - she was also smoking at the time, just quit recently because she found out she is pregnant).   I'll keep you in prayer.  Don't worry - it will be ok.   Hugs.

"Short Interval" revers to the points on your EKG tracing.  The little spikes and valleys are labeled Q-R-S-T etc.

A short interval just means one of your little spikes or valleys is quicker than normal sometimes (or each time) when your heart beats. 

I believe a long interval is of greater concern than a short one.  And I think a short interval could be due to smoking and/or meds, but am not positive...

I have an abnormal interval, too.  And I'm fine.

Holter doesn't hurt at all.  Just kind of inconvenient, being wired to the little device for 24 hours, even while you sleep.

Sponge-bath... lol  just for one day...

Good luck with your medical tests and treatments... May you be feeling at peace and healthy ASAP!

Thanks DESI (got it right this time eh). I think it is not going to be anything bad, just the doctor that is my boss wants it checked out ASAP. He didn't tell me why so that concerned me. Sponge bath, I can handle that just as long as I don't get kicked outta the monkey cage cause I stink. 

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: February 05, 2009, 09:38:00 PM »

I think I always called you Desi but I'll be sure to in future so there is no confusion

You're so cool, SS.  Many Monkeys just type "Des" even though I've always gone by "Desi."  It honestly doesn't matter to me, I was just carrying on, you know?

(Desdemona is too long a name and too hard to type QWERTY-style.  But I chose it for a reason.)

Call me anything, just be sure to call me for..... morning coffee!! 

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #476 on: February 05, 2009, 09:40:57 PM »

I've been reading.

Hi BG!!   

isn't even the word!!  LOL
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: February 05, 2009, 09:42:47 PM »

Hi Numbers & Leroy! 

All the OHIO monkeys hanging out by our computer towers for warmth?  All we need is Anothermonkey! 

Niterz all!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #478 on: February 05, 2009, 09:44:29 PM »

WHAT HAPPENED TO CARPE ?
I miss him terribly.I know that he is around as he posted something a week ago on the FP.

I miss him too, KatGram!!  When I started posting here, he was one of the main reasons I kept coming back - I always wanted to see what hilarious posts he'd made lately.  He was also responsible for me running to the bathroom several times since I was laughing so hard - trying to avoid an accident.  I'm too young to wear Depends, I tell ya!!

Carpe, you are missed!!

Hi to all my Monkey friends here tonight!

Hey, you Floozy!!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: February 05, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »

Yw, it is harmless. just have to write down what you are doing resting, walking, climbing steps, etc. not even bad to sleep with it on..

OS
[/quote] I have to write stuff down?  I can't keep my checkbook straight cause I don't write things down. That's why I only pay by debit card. I am so scr*wed! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.