May 27, 2024, 08:39:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 3 - 5/11/11  (Read 160677 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: May 11, 2011, 01:16:03 PM »

InSession In Session
When the jurors hear the name "Casey Anthony" for the first time, there are a few knowing nods of the head. #CaseyAnthony

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Judge reading the charges against Casey. She appears to be holding her emotions better than on Monday.

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Spoke too soon. She's starting to show emotion. Shook her head when judge said she's accused of killing Caylee Marie Anthony.

InSession In Session
Casey Anthony is looking down, twiddling her thumbs as the indictment is read. #Casey Anthony

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
As judge reads the murder charges, Casey stares down, slightly shakes her head, wipes away tears. #caseyanthony #caseyanthonytrial

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Casey is crying and shaking her head no as the judge tells the panel what charges she faces but she is not looking them in the eyes.

InSession In Session
As the indictment is read, more people are looking toward the defendant.

InSession In Session
The majority of potential jurors looking at Casey are women. The men are looking at the judge instead.

InSession In Session
The defendant now has a tissue and is wiping her eyes and nose as the indictment is read.

OSCaseyAnthony Casey Anthony News
Casey Anthony has not looked up. Keeps her head down. Face flushed.

MikeDeForest6 Mike DeForest
#CaseyAnthony is rubbing her eyes with tissue. But she is not sobbing like she did when same charges were read aloud Monday.

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
Lots of multiple pet owners in the jury pool. If there was a judicial pet boarding division, we'd be set! #caseyanthony #caseyanthonytrial

MikeDeForest6 Mike DeForest
#CaseyAnthony defense objects to jury instructions about death penalty. Judge says FL Supreme Ct. has reviewed his instructions 8 times.

InSession In Session
Judge Perry is back on the bench. Attorney Ann Finnell is addressing the judge.

InSession In Session
Finnell renews her objection to the fact minorities are underrepresented in the jury panel and asks to have the panel stricken.

InSession In Session
Judge Perry denies her request. #CaseyAnthony

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: May 11, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »

Possible jurors outline hardships on Day 3 of Casey Anthony jury selection

CLEARWATER — One was a devout Catholic worried about being so far away from her church.

Another Pinellas County resident said she was wary about being away from her husband — something that's never happened in their 42 years of marriage.

One man has a sleep disorder.

::snipping2::

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florida/os-casey-anthony-trial-jury-selection20110511,0,5399328.story
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #462 on: May 11, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »

Good morning Monkeys.

Yesterday, it appeared to me that Casey demonstrated a lot of symptoms of obsessive-compulsive behaviour.  The psychologist on NG said Casey arranged things to control what little portion of her world that she could control, hence being sure the table was orderly and everybody had their own pens, etc. She was also wiping the table with a tissue and neatly folding one of the tissues to use as a coaster.  That could be part of it.  She is excessively concentrated on her clothes, hair, etc, constanting grooming them, touching her body and hair.  The theory is that one does this kind of obsessive behaviour to try to banish particularly distressing thoughts.  I see that today she is neatly folding her tissues and placing them in one of the paper cups she has been given.  Anything to distract herself from her disturbing thoughts.  What could those thoughts be?  Reliving the murder, imagining her death, etc.  There are a lot of things for which she needs distracting.

I heard one of the jurors just made a funny remark  The judge laughed loudly. I gelieve that occasional humor does relieve stress.  It has been proven that using humor in a distressing situation makes one's feeling of well-being improve and lessens feelings of depression. I will, however, follow the rules set yesterday.

I've always believed this to be the case too.  I tend to do similar things when I'm nervous or stressed, so I never commented about her playing with her hair, etc.  The ONLY thing I understand about Casey! Thanks for pointing that out.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #463 on: May 11, 2011, 01:27:58 PM »

Does anyone know, if the defense does go with the accident theory and that ICA was afraid of George so she made up the nanny story, what happens with the verdict since the state is going for 1st degree murder?  Can the jury convict her of a lesser degree like 2nd degree or is it 1st degree or nothing on that specific charge?  (i know there are other charges against her of child abuse/neglect etc)

Good questions!  Am hoping our legal-beagle monkeys will share their thoughts on this again.  I've seen in other cases where 1st degree murder was sought, but ended up with a 2nd degree murder charge instead, saying there was no proof of planning ahead of time, etc...   Am thinking that if the defense goes with this, it will be interesting for them to prove there was no planning ahead of time on Casey's part... considering the searches online before Caylee's death for chloroform, breaking a neck, etc.  Seems someone in that home was searching for that.  Maybe they'll say it was George/Cindy?  Or maybe they'll say Casey was planning to kill one or both of them in that way, not Caylee?  Heck I dunno.  Just seems that with what the prosecution has, the defense may have a hard time explaining how this could have been an accident, not planned.  IMO. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #464 on: May 11, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »

I sort of think kc is throwing the only kind of temper tantrum she can under the circumstances. Her little bubble of reality has been that she was this integral part of the "team" and her handlers are really paying attention to the blogs, they adapt her behavior after every barrage of comments.  Today she's sitting there like a fairly normal defendant would but she's sullen and is punishing Bobo by refusing to sit near him (as if). She's so self centered that I'm imagining that the jury selection is waay second to her consuming tiff with Baez. He's probably relieved but I'd bet she thinks this is killing him.....when they "make up" ,the old perky kc will be back without a care in the world . That's my .02.

I can buy that.  The A women must keep the attention on themselves.
Like Mother, like daughter.
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #465 on: May 11, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »

I've made it home can someone really quick tell me what's going on now...are we at lunch or just coming back??
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #466 on: May 11, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »

I've made it home can someone really quick tell me what's going on now...are we at lunch or just coming back??

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #467 on: May 11, 2011, 01:32:23 PM »

this might be a good time to share email I received in response to a question I asked. Both Brad Conway and Mark Nejame said they think KC will take the stand. I emailed an attorney friend who follows the case closely and here's his reply.  I said why would she take the stand as Jeff Ashton would tear her to shreds

"Of course, she will be torn up when she takes the stand. However, her lies will come out regardless. It is inescapable that with the death band on the hair, the personal belongings of Caylee surrounding her at her grave site, etc. that it will be proven that she was with Caylee at the child's death. She needs to be able to explain the lies and the connection to her and the child. The best defense: Caylee died accidentally and she was fearful of the retaliation she would experience from her parents if she told them so she lied repeatedly to cover it it. That way whenever she is cross examined she will, like a mantra, repeat over and over...
"I lied because I was fearful of ..."
A protester or so was added to the defense witness list. What relevance do they have other than to show and corroborate George's purported violence that she will describe and presumably lie about to cover? Casey attempted to keep her parents out of the courtroom during the trial. Why? Because the defense was developing such a theory. Moreover, Casey's narcissism allows her to believe she can convince everyone of anything. The smart move will be for her to take the stand. Remember, Baez has said that in the first 3 minutes he will shock the world with what really happened.
They may not have her take the stand, but the smart tactical move would be to have her do so.

Thank you Sunny!

So this would mean they're hoping for accidental death.  Wonder what the sentence would be for that (not that I think the jury will buy it) with time served etc.?
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: May 11, 2011, 01:34:42 PM »

We're back live.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #469 on: May 11, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »

anyone have sound yet??
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #470 on: May 11, 2011, 01:35:23 PM »

Casey comes in, stifling a smile.

Court has resumed.

Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #471 on: May 11, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »

JP isn't playing wow!!!
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: May 11, 2011, 01:36:06 PM »

Holy Chit - COMTEMPT!
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #473 on: May 11, 2011, 01:36:18 PM »

Juror may face contempt charges!!!!!!

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #474 on: May 11, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »

I was just thinking back to what the Judge said to that one lady who was going to London around July 17th. He said the trial would definitely be over by then. I think he may be wrong. I doubt that this trial would start by May 17th especially since the judge said it would be delayed by a few days. Eight weeks would take us at the very least to July 17th. Am I wrong?

I believe you're right Scatty.  Just because the trial is thought to go 6 - 8 weeks, doesn't mean it won't extend longer.  Particularly with what we've already seen from Baaz and Mason, and we know how much Baaz adores the limelight.
Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: May 11, 2011, 01:36:52 PM »

Casey comes in, stifling a smile.

Court has resumed.
awww....ain't she sweet..barf!
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #476 on: May 11, 2011, 01:38:05 PM »

Back and JP is not happy. Supposedly this juror initiated a conversation with a reporter..and if so JP will charge him with CONTEMPT of Court!!  .....holy moly!!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #477 on: May 11, 2011, 01:38:11 PM »

Seeme, do you have a tally from this morning?  Thanks for posting about all the jurors, reading back, I feel like I missed nothing!  You Rock!!

I agree!  Thank you Seeme!   
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #478 on: May 11, 2011, 01:39:01 PM »

This guy sounds scared.  And he should.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #479 on: May 11, 2011, 01:39:33 PM »

this might be a good time to share email I received in response to a question I asked. Both Brad Conway and Mark Nejame said they think KC will take the stand. I emailed an attorney friend who follows the case closely and here's his reply.  I said why would she take the stand as Jeff Ashton would tear her to shreds

"Of course, she will be torn up when she takes the stand. However, her lies will come out regardless. It is inescapable that with the death band on the hair, the personal belongings of Caylee surrounding her at her grave site, etc. that it will be proven that she was with Caylee at the child's death. She needs to be able to explain the lies and the connection to her and the child. The best defense: Caylee died accidentally and she was fearful of the retaliation she would experience from her parents if she told them so she lied repeatedly to cover it it. That way whenever she is cross examined she will, like a mantra, repeat over and over...
"I lied because I was fearful of ..."
A protester or so was added to the defense witness list. What relevance do they have other than to show and corroborate George's purported violence that she will describe and presumably lie about to cover? Casey attempted to keep her parents out of the courtroom during the trial. Why? Because the defense was developing such a theory. Moreover, Casey's narcissism allows her to believe she can convince everyone of anything. The smart move will be for her to take the stand. Remember, Baez has said that in the first 3 minutes he will shock the world with what really happened.
They may not have her take the stand, but the smart tactical move would be to have her do so.

Thank you Sunny!

So this would mean they're hoping for accidental death.  Wonder what the sentence would be for that (not that I think the jury will buy it) with time served etc.?

YW...glad someone besides me was was interested.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.