May 28, 2024, 01:56:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #6 9/17 - 9/30/2007  (Read 207795 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: September 29, 2007, 02:54:44 PM »

oh CBB!!! My sweet Monkey who makes us all happy with the wonderful avatars!!! I am so sorry!!!! I had no idea you had nothing less than the perfect life because you are always so darned cheerful and full of energy and good cheer. Isn't that funny...or not funny...maybe an ironic kind of funny...ok it's past my bedtime!! lol but I hope you know what I mean!!

Ok girlfriend!!! Listen up!!! do you want a pool...or a pool? Listen...before I had my 7 year old son...I was single...making mega bucks...traveling the world and having a ball...but empty. Then this wonderful creature called my son came along...at the wonderful age of 35...and life changed!! No more manicures, pedicures or cleaning ladies!!! lol That all changed when I tried to leave him in daycare all of 2 whole days and could not bear it. So I quit my very lucrative job!!!...hello...7 years later I am still not making HALF of what I used to make!!! But I am so darned happy!!! And not empty anymore!!! So forget the old ex who probably brought ya more pain than happiness!!! Enjoy life!!! even though ya have to clean your own house and paint your own nails..lol...or at least I do!!! Hell...there are months I have to cut my own hair!!! lol..but you know what? I have a pool...it is a great 4 footer above ground pool that cost me all of $400.00 bucks!!! Plenty of room for my fat fannie to float and swim and get a tan...w/out the world seeing me!!! lol AND Nicholas having fun w/ a friend!! Did my own landscaping...got a concrete patio put in...and I don't care what anyone else thinks...it is paradise to my son and I!!!
You can still have it all girlfriend!!! may not be as fancy as the "good old days"..lol...but aren't the days much better when you really stop and think about it?
Go ahead...lol...ask me how I can afford a vacation every year!!! lol Girlfriend...where there is a will...and a zest for life...which you obviously have!!! there is a way!!!! May not be the luxurious vacations of the past...but ya know what? They are just as much fun!!!
You have such an incredible energy and spirit!!! You are contagious!!! Forget about the bikini...have fun...put a bathing suit on...and buy yourself a pool!!! lol even if it is only a $400.00 pool...no one can tell me in the hot humid St Louis summers...i need a better one..mine works just fine thank you!!! lol

ldstlou ... thank you for sharing and encouraging.

You made my day and ... I am sure you made CBB's day.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: September 29, 2007, 04:24:44 PM »

Nice to see a city with a sense of humor  Laughing

Chicago Suburb Uses Humor For New Stop Signs
Saturday , September 29, 2007

OAK LAWN, Ill —

A big red sign that says "Stop" sometimes isn't enough to get everyone to stop. Maybe a laugh will get their attention.

This Chicago suburb has installed second stop signs beneath the regular ones at 50 intersections with messages, including "WHOAAA" or "Stop ... and smell the roses."

"I thought it might make people smile and take notice," Mayor Dave Heilmann said as he launched the campaign Friday. "You've got people on their cell phones, their BlackBerries and iPods while driving. Those are all distractions. Hopefully, when they see a sign they're not expecting it might make them stop."

The new signs are red octagons, just like the real stop signs, but instead of just "Stop" they say "Stop ... right there pilgrim" and "Stop ... in the naame of love." Naame? Think of the drawn-out pronunciation in the hit by the Supremes.

It might be too soon to know whether the alternative signs will work. But while the mayor was posing for a photo with one of the new signs, a driver sped by without stopping.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:26:43 PM by klaasend » Logged
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #842 on: September 29, 2007, 06:12:43 PM »

Greatest post of the week! You're right, of course. You've got your priorities absolutely straight, and I lived it too. We are the lucky ones. I wouldn't change one thing about life as I was raising my son. I quit work to tutor at home to not intrude on "our" time and we did have a blast. I remember so well walking through the house before going to bed and thinking........I'm not much of a housekeeper, but I'm a heck of a Mom!   Don't miss a second, Idstlou! Nothing will ever, ever, weaken the relationship you've built with him, and you're teaching him the most important gift we have in life: the meaning of pure love.

Thank you...aren't they just the most amazing creatures???!!!! He tickles my heart!!!
Ok..we lost the 1st game..5-2...won the 2nd game 5-1. Nicholas did not score...he was playing forward with the two ball hogs on the team...which is ok!!! He had some great passes that set them up for the goals..they just wouldn't return the favor. Rolling Eyes
He did fantastic though...they all did. Well. we have a friend spending the night and trying out this new pizza crazy place..America's Incredible Pizza??? something like that...supposed to be like a Chuck E Cheese only better. Lord help me and say a prayer for me!!! lol
Talk to ya all tonight after the little guys are in bed!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #843 on: September 29, 2007, 06:34:28 PM »

Cool the stop signs  Laughing

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #844 on: September 29, 2007, 06:36:21 PM »

Trick or treat  Shocked

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/76150/costume-watch-dressed-up-pets

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: September 29, 2007, 06:38:07 PM »

Hi NYC_Lover     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #846 on: September 29, 2007, 08:00:34 PM »

Monkeys
Long story made short.

I manged to meet SAM and Marlee today!!! 

I met them in Sadorus where TES is searching for Naomi Arnette. I expect  Marlee will do an Update on Naomi's thread later.

If I heard correctly they had 175-200 people show up help in the ground search when the town only has a population of about 450 ...  which is more than they had on the last search in Ohio

Anyway

Big {Hugs} to SAM  and Marlee which I did get Wink

SeeYaa

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: September 29, 2007, 08:08:17 PM »

Monkeys
Long story made short.

I met them in Sadorus where TES is searching for Naomi Arnette. I expect  Marlee will do an Update on Naomi's thread later.

If I heard correctly they had 175-200 people show up help in the ground search when the town only has a population of about 450 ...  which is more than they had on the last search in Ohio

Anyway

SeeYaa

Awesome Oldfart!  Thanks for the update!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: September 29, 2007, 08:19:34 PM »

Monkeys
Long story made short.

Anyway

SeeYaa

Hi OldF    That's really great you, Marlee and Sam are pitching in to help find Naomi Arnette.  Your report of such a good number of people showing up to help  TES in the ground search is heartwarming. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: September 29, 2007, 10:01:29 PM »

Just a test post to see if my Halloween avatar will show up!!!
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: September 29, 2007, 10:03:59 PM »

Shoot!  Klaas if you are around can you tell me how to get it on here.  It is the one that CCB made for me and I got it from The Lounge.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: September 29, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »

Shoot!  Klaas if you are around can you tell me how to get it on here.  It is the one that CCB made for me and I got it from The Lounge.

Fixed it for you Casa.   All I did was copy the link CBB provided and pasted it in your profile.  You are all set now!  Wink
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #852 on: September 29, 2007, 10:11:13 PM »

Fixed it for you Casa.   All I did was copy the link CBB provided and pasted it in your profile.  You are all set now!  Wink

You are the BEST!!!  Don't know what I would do without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks a bunch!!! Very Happy
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #853 on: September 29, 2007, 10:17:34 PM »

G'nite Monkeys    salut  bed is a calling early tonight...

SAM  Oh  SAM  that is Tall and Lean   Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #854 on: September 29, 2007, 10:20:04 PM »

Goodnight OldF.  Tall and Lean is good.  But I wonder and just HAVE to ask:  were you wearing a hat?  Like the cool hat in your avi. 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: September 29, 2007, 10:25:51 PM »

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: September 29, 2007, 10:26:44 PM »

Casa, really cute avi, Muffy, your avi pulls my heart strings, OF, yours gives me a big grin when I see it, and klaas, yours skeers me  Very Happy

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: September 29, 2007, 10:32:11 PM »

Casa, really cute avi, Muffy, your avi pulls my heart strings, OF, yours gives me a big grin when I see it, and klaas, yours skeers me  Very Happy

Hi Shell     

Klaas, I like how you made OldF long and lean.   Laughing

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: September 29, 2007, 10:40:53 PM »

Monkeys
Long story made short.

Anyway

SeeYaa

That is so terrific!!! Glad you had a good time and glad you got together for such a good cause!!

ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #859 on: September 29, 2007, 10:42:39 PM »

Hey Monkeys...just stopped by for a moment...I am so pooped and have a long day tomorrow.
Het Klaas, is my Buckeye avater saved some where so I can put on my Halloween costume?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.