May 28, 2024, 08:44:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #683 9/30 - 10/3/2007  (Read 192954 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #800 on: October 03, 2007, 12:43:32 PM »

I'm a few pages back, but the pics and accounts of the book signing make me want to go to Atlanta!!! It's 6 hours for me, but I want to GO!!!

The book is sooo well written, and I've got a page of "points" that we're going to have to delve into. I'm only on page 98, but read every chance I get...........it's been hectic. I've already cried twice.

You got a bed here ... serious.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #801 on: October 03, 2007, 12:46:12 PM »

ABC's The View just gave away a 5 day trip to Aruba to a guest in the audience. 

Shocked Shocked are they crazy???

it was punishment for having flatulence and driving half the audience stampeding from the area and disrupting the show.
dammitdennis
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #802 on: October 03, 2007, 12:50:02 PM »

From RU.  Does she make it up, or are her contacts that bad??

Glenda  Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:07 pm
Greta called the HI for a reservation in Natalee's exact room, the HI said no way! Marriott also was sold out.  Sounds like they were able to get a room at the Westin, which opened well after Natalee went missing, sometime around December 15th, 2006 and their name has never tarnished by Beth.

Although, I did receive a message from a reliable source that they were not coming after all. 

charlierat  Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:42 am
That photo confirms that they were, in fact, staying at the Marriott Surf Club.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: October 03, 2007, 12:57:49 PM »

Greta called the HI for a reservation in Natalee's exact room, the HI said no way! Marriott also was sold out.  Sounds like they were able to get a room at the Westin, which opened well after Natalee went missing, sometime around December 15th, 2006 and their name has never tarnished by Beth.

Although, I did receive a message from a reliable source that they were not coming after all. 

That's why I posted several time:

GLENDA/RENFRO = WRONG AGAIN

JOSSY = RIGHT
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #804 on: October 03, 2007, 01:01:52 PM »

JOSSY = RIGHT

it would be easier to keep up with the number of times renfro's been right.  right now the count is 0.  you can write it in ink because i don't see it changing anytime soon.
dennisintn
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: October 03, 2007, 01:07:11 PM »

JOSSY = RIGHT

ha·bit·u·al (hə-bĭch'ū-əl) notice the middle is bich...guess they forgot the 't' in the middle
adj.

Of the nature of a habit: habitual lying.
Being such by force of habit: a habitual liar.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #806 on: October 03, 2007, 01:07:55 PM »

I've played it a few times.

Does Debi say that this is the 7h floor of the hotel

I thought she had said something like 'why do all the rooms in this hotel start with 7' AND also said this is the 7th floor...the latter was on the first or second clip, I think. 

Hi you! 

Thanks.

I heard both -- that all the rooms start with 7 and I thought she also said something like  'it's like i have the whole 7th floor' when she is referring to her room.

Just picked my ears up -- that's all.

Waiting for lala's ear's to pick up, too.  Laughing

There was thought that the S&S references to the '7th level' of inferno referred to a hotel floor.  Wink

Shango Says: June 27th, 2005 at 11:56 pm
Shango is the god of justice
alive in many forms
he who speaks through Oxum through lightning
and himself through thunder
father of the violent dance
diviner of secrets of the seven levels of inferno
bound to truth even as it burns
so that justice may be brought.

Shango Says: June 27th, 2005 at 11:59 pm
Only those who cRave music go into the Maze
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: October 03, 2007, 01:09:31 PM »

Posted by CR at RU:

charlierat Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:54 am   

From the monKKKeys fron page:
Richard the monmKKKey hearted wrote:
Let’s hope that the media will not just pick up on this story now that Beth’s book makes it “hot” again, and then dump it

Don't worry, asshole, the media won't pick up this story now that Beth's book is out. In fact, they haven't picked it up at all; not even here in the Birmingham media market

Chuck - funny you should say that when I found THIS article in todays al.com:

http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/index.ssf?/base/news/1191399527281350.xml&coll=2

Holloway tale shows a mother's nightmare
`Loving Natalee' published Tuesday

Wednesday, October 03, 2007
KATHY KEMP
News staff writer

On an Aruban hillside lined with white crosses, Natalee Holloway's mother cried out to God.

"Please give her back to me!"

It was almost dawn, just days after Natalee had disappeared while on a celebratory class trip in May 2005. Starved for sleep and deprived of hope, Beth Holloway asked a taxi driver to take her to a church. It was too early for services. So instead, he took her to the hillside.

Holloway got out and walked from cross to cross, praying, "Please help me. Tell me what to do."

When she reached the fifth cross, God answered. Suddenly, she felt blanketed in peace. "In this instant I know that Natalee is with God," Holloway writes in "Loving Natalee: A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith," published Tuesday by HarperOne.

In New York this week to promote the book, Holloway will make a quick trip Saturday to Birmingham, where she lives, for a 2 p.m. appearance at the Brookwood Village Books-A-Million. She'll return later this month for another round of signings.

Publicist Diane Mancher said Harper Collins, which owns HarperOne, won't allow Holloway to talk to newspaper reporters before Friday, when People magazine publishes its interview with Holloway. People bought first rights to excerpt the book, Mancher said.

Holloway wrote the book with her friend Sunny Tillman, a freelance writer from Birmingham, who Tuesday evening was headed with Holloway to her first book signing, at Book Revue in Huntington, N.Y.

"I think this book will inspire people on many levels," Tillman said in a telephone interview. "It will inspire others who have seemingly insurmountable challenges to hang on, seek hope and have faith."

The two women wrote the 231-page book over the summer, drawing largely from Holloway's journals and from notes she'd written before speaking to school and church groups and victim's rights organizations, Tillman said.

Holloway also pulled from Natalee's own writings, including a poem called "Life," whose first verse seems almost prescient. "Life is a hard journey that we all take, unfortunately, it's not equipped with any brakes."

"Loving Natalee" contains no blockbuster revelations. Much of the story will be familiar to people who followed it on national news. What's different is that this time it's from Holloway's perspective, and she provides a glimpse into her own broken heart.

"It's easy to give in to pain and let go of hope. I learned this firsthand when Natalee disappeared," she writes. Holloway tells how Natalee's disappearance overwhelmed her marriage to Jug Twitty and helped cause their divorce.

The book also offers heartbreaking details of the family's unsuccessful search and its investigation of the three young men last seen with Natalee. She was 18, and newly graduated from Mountain Brook High School, when she joined close to 100 classmates on the unofficial senior trip.

Holloway recounts the story teenage suspect Joran van der Sloot told outside his house in Aruba just days after Natalee disappeared. Aruban police and several Holloway friends from Birmingham were present, she writes, when van der Sloot described a sexual encounter with Natalee right down to the color of her underwear and a description of her pubic area.

"I know what he's referring to," Holloway writes. "Dear God. He has been with her."

Van der Sloot interrupted his story several times to say, "She was so drunk" and "was falling asleep and waking up," Holloway writes.

She tells of searching for Natalee in Aruban crack houses and engaging any stranger who offered to help. One, a self-described clairvoyant named Charles, started asking Holloway about her own sex life.

The book thanks the thousands of people, including the rich and famous, who came forward to support the family. Holloway tells of meeting Condoleezza Rice when the secretary of state visited her native Birmingham. Rice listened intently to Holloway's story and, when Holloway finished, spoke only once. "She turns to the two men behind her and says `I want the FBI back on this,'" Holloway writes.

She got calls from Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer, as well as from actor Mickey Rourke and Dog the Bounty Hunter. Kathie Lee Gifford sent a note and a CD. Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre called Holloway and offered to visit van der Sloot. Favre said that former President Bill Clinton had told him that agents in Aruba had seen a Packers poster in van der Sloot's bedroom. Favre thought he might get van der Sloot to tell the truth.

Favre ultimately canceled his meeting in Aruba, apologizing to Holloway and citing his team management's concern.

Holloway tells how the groundswell of support helped restore her hope. She offers safety tips to travelers and explains why she wrote the book. "It's important for me to tell you what happened, how it happened, how I felt and how I reacted along this tragic journey," she writes. "And to finally answer the questions I've been asked a thousand times."

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: October 03, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »

Hi Lala's - did you get a new computer? We missed you!
sirensong
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #809 on: October 03, 2007, 01:27:53 PM »

Quote "One, a self-described clairvoyant named Charles, started asking Holloway about her own sex life."

What a pig.  He was in on it from the moment they set foot on the island.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #810 on: October 03, 2007, 01:27:59 PM »

Nope, DD loaned me her old clunker, so I am a bit slow here.  It's better than nothing.  Computer guy says I was indeed hacked...is trying to find out what they were looking for.  It all turned out good though, I have had plenty of time to read Beth's book and all I can say is....WOW!  If anyone hasn't read it yet...do so with tissue in hand...you will need it.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: October 03, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »

She tells of searching for Natalee in Aruban crack houses and engaging any stranger who offered to help. One, a self-described clairvoyant named Charles, started asking Holloway about her own sex life.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: October 03, 2007, 01:30:15 PM »

Nope, DD loaned me her old clunker, so I am a bit slow here.  It's better than nothing.  Computer guy says I was indeed hacked...is trying to find out what they were looking for.  It all turned out good though, I have had plenty of time to read Beth's book and all I can say is....WOW!  If anyone hasn't read it yet...do so with tissue in hand...you will need it.

I am sorry to hear this Lala's.  Welcome to the club.  Tyler was also as well as Arlee, Dash's mother.  Just to mention a few. 

Very busy, have company and not supposed to be on computer--how rude I am--but I will email you how mine was hacked and see if was the same way later today when these people finally leave.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #813 on: October 03, 2007, 01:31:28 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked

YEP! repulsive. No one on that rock appears to have any class or compassion. Truly sickening.

Is this how you treat the mother of a missing person?

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #814 on: October 03, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »

What's the deal with Joran sleeping at the school? I didn't know that and it's mighty strange to me.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: October 03, 2007, 01:35:37 PM »

What's the deal with Joran sleeping at the school? I didn't know that and it's mighty strange to me.

Seems to me there is even a statement that suggests he was sleeping at school.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #816 on: October 03, 2007, 01:35:49 PM »

I am sorry to hear this Lala's.  Welcome to the club.  Tyler was also as well as Arlee, Dash's mother.  Just to mention a few. 

Very busy, have company and not supposed to be on computer--how rude I am--but I will email you how mine was hacked and see if was the same way later today when these people finally leave.

Thanks.  This would be my first hacking job...I am curious to know what they wanted.  I didn't have anything on the computer of value that hasn't been changed already.  I keep everything on a flash drive also, so if they were looking for something and trying to erase it...too bad.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #817 on: October 03, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »

This was Tuesday, May 31st. Paulus and Joran had already met with the headmaster and told him the HI story, and that the cameras in front of the hotel weren't working. (Beth had been asking to see the video, and had run into Paulus in the lobby. She had been repeatedly told they were not yet available). The assistant headmaster that was taking the men from MB, when asked if that was the school Joran attended, replied, Yes, and he's been sleeping here. The headmaster confirmed it, uncomfortably, when the men asked him.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 01:38:46 PM by crazybabyborg » Logged
casa
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: October 03, 2007, 01:37:14 PM »

Oh gosh, I don't know if I can make it through the book!  I just started crying as I read the above article! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #819 on: October 03, 2007, 01:37:33 PM »

Seems to me there is even a statement that suggests he was sleeping at school.

No suggestion, Klaas. It was stated by both the Assistant headmaster and Headmaster.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.