June 03, 2024, 09:40:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony - MURDER TRIAL - DAY 2 - 5/25/2011  (Read 324811 times)
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1840 on: May 25, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »

FYI  (Hat Tip W/S):

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68453&page=4

Taken from a cached Orlando Sentinel page:

In the past month, 39-year-old Baez has appeared on national television shows. He is quoted in People magazine. Court hearings he's in are shown live over the Internet.

This sudden celebrity is a dramatic change for the boy who dropped out of Homestead High in the ninth grade, joined the U.S. Navy and attended Florida State University with plans of becoming a cop. He decided to be a lawyer his last year in Tallahassee.

"I wanted to have a bigger impact on the system. I thought law was the way to do that," he said from his strip-mall office next door to Miller Bail Bonds and down the street from the Osceola County Jail.

Baez, who speaks Spanish and Portuguese, graduated from St. Thomas University in Miami in 1997, cut his legal teeth at the Miami-Dade Public Defender's Office and opened his law firm in Kissimmee three years ago. He has another lawyer who works with him, along with an investigator and a paralegal.

(I know the HS he attended.  One of my sons attended this school as well,  he also dropped out.  Pretty tough school, higher ratio of black vs white students.  That said, I am familiar with the area he grew up in, in South Florida.  His reaction on that "tripping video" was appropriate, given his early exposure to the racial/cultural differences and pressures associated with this area, you had to be "tough". 
His immediate response could have been worse.  You can take the boy out of Homestead, but you can't take the Homestead out of the boy.  I think I understand JB a little better now - MK)

Interesting  from that person's perspective.

But I always thought Homestead Florida was around the Homestead military base..and I would think they would have better then average schools..and an equal ratio of all cultures due to the military. 

Ah..I guess I just dislike Baez to the nth degree and I won't give the man who is representing a baby killer and making up lies and BS that destroys her family any slack.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1841 on: May 25, 2011, 09:57:15 PM »

FYI  (Hat Tip W/S):

In the past month, 39-year-old Baez has appeared on national television shows. He is quoted in People magazine. Court hearings he's in are shown live over the Internet.

This sudden celebrity is a dramatic change for the boy who dropped out of Homestead High in the ninth grade, joined the U.S. Navy and attended Florida State University with plans of becoming a cop. He decided to be a lawyer his last year in Tallahassee.

"I wanted to have a bigger impact on the system. I thought law was the way to do that," he said from his strip-mall office next door to Miller Bail Bonds and down the street from the Osceola County Jail.

Baez, who speaks Spanish and Portuguese, graduated from St. Thomas University in Miami in 1997, cut his legal teeth at the Miami-Dade Public Defender's Office and opened his law firm in Kissimmee three years ago. He has another lawyer who works with him, along with an investigator and a paralegal.

(I know the HS he attended.  One of my sons attended this school as well,  he also dropped out.  Pretty tough school, higher ratio of black vs white students.  That said, I am familiar with the area he grew up in, in South Florida.  His reaction on that "tripping video" was appropriate, given his early exposure to the racial/cultural differences and pressures associated with this area, you had to be "tough". 
His immediate response could have been worse.  You can take the boy out of Homestead, but you can't take the Homestead out of the boy.  I think I understand JB a little better now - MK)

But I always thought Homestead Florida was around the Homestead military base..and I would think they would have better then average schools..and an equal ratio of all cultures due to the military. 

Ah..I guess I just dislike Baez to the nth degree and I won't give the man who is representing a baby killer and making up lies and BS that destroys her family any slack.
The thing is, Jose has been away from his childhood home for a lot of years.  He should've been polished and professional.  He is the one courting the media.  He is only getting what he's asked for.  I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow they aren't dropped off at the door by a driver (at taxpayer expense).

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1842 on: May 25, 2011, 10:03:52 PM »

Bottom line: Baez is lowlife trash. His actions with the media prove how emotionally stunted he is. A couple new words I learned online today describe him to a T: a cockalorum and a pettifogger.

Not that he irritates me or anything ... an angelic monkey
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1843 on: May 25, 2011, 10:07:16 PM »

• Cockalorum: a boastful and self-important person; a strutting little fellow
• Pettifogger: shyster; a lawyer whose methods are underhanded or disreputable
• Jose Baez: both of the above
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1844 on: May 25, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »

I'm late to this but just watching Baez cross and ask Tony L. about the weapons.  Hadn't the defense even admitted by that time Caylee was dead?  Why would she need any weapons then?  Also, hate to say it but really would any adult need any of those weapons to harm a baby?  Really?  Him asking Tony about Casey having Caylee just makes Casey looks worse.  Everyone who met Caylee accepted her except apparently, Casey.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1845 on: May 25, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »

oh scatty I love it.. sure fits him...

Loca
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1846 on: May 25, 2011, 10:11:46 PM »

ITA  

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1847 on: May 25, 2011, 10:14:28 PM »

I've often thought that Casey may've done such a good job of bagging Caylee's little body that she was able to drive around for several days before the gases caused the trash bag to rip and decom fluids leak out.  Only after she realized that she couldn't get rid of the odor did she start with the squirrel story and eventually abandon the car. 

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1848 on: May 25, 2011, 10:16:27 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL50D2B5C31A565835
nancy grace day 2

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1849 on: May 25, 2011, 10:17:09 PM »

I've often thought that Casey may've done such a good job of bagging Caylee's little body that she was able to drive around for several days before the gases caused the trash bag to rip and decom fluids leak out.  Only after she realized that she couldn't get rid of the odor did she start with the squirrel story and eventually abandon the car. 
and we know it wasnt the missisippi squirrel ray stevens sings about..

Loca
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1850 on: May 25, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »

FYI  (Hat Tip W/S):

The thing is, Jose has been away from his childhood home for a lot of years.  He should've been polished and professional.  He is the one courting the media.  He is only getting what he's asked for.  I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow they aren't dropped off at the door by a driver (at taxpayer expense).

Sure, but- those old roots sneak back in when you least expect it.

I grew up in a Sicillian family in the Bronx.
I moved to Chicago and got married.
I lived in the Florida Keys for 25 years and lived in Homestead Florida for a couple of years.  I also worked in LE. 

I'd like to think I'm polished and professional, but there are times when things slip out- talking with my hands, talking to someone from NY and my accent comes back real strong. 

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1851 on: May 25, 2011, 10:19:08 PM »

Bottom line: Baez is lowlife trash. His actions with the media prove how emotionally stunted he is. A couple new words I learned online today describe him to a T: a cockalorum and a pettifogger.

speaking of low life trash, i wish someone would ask LKB if she wants to defend casey's innocence so vehemently why the hell didnt she stay on her defense team. i wish she would finally go away and just stfu.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1852 on: May 25, 2011, 10:20:51 PM »

I am sitting here laughing  and thinking about Geraldos comment ... saying he was going to kick ass and raise hell in orlando..

he left town like the law was after him... got on his ride and left town

Loca
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1853 on: May 25, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »

Then there is this...

http://weirdnewsfiles.com/weirdnews/woman-drove-around-with-dead-body/

Woman Drove With Dead Body For Ten Months

Posted on 24 October 2010

A California woman who befriended a homeless woman and let her sleep in her car told police she didn’t know where to turn when the woman unexpectedly died — so she drove the body around for months along with a box of baking soda to hide the smell, authorities said Thursday.
 ::snipping2::
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1854 on: May 25, 2011, 10:23:24 PM »

speaking of low life trash, i wish someone would ask LKB if she wants to defend casey's innocence so vehemently why the hell didnt she stay on her defense team. i wish she would finally go away and just stfu.
kcrn
 she wants to be seen!  to show off her plastic surjery!! got the plastic shiny cup look  going on.

Loca
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1855 on: May 25, 2011, 10:24:03 PM »

I am sitting here laughing  and thinking about Geraldos comment ... saying he was going to kick ass and raise hell in orlando..

he left town like the law was after him... got on his ride and left town

Maybe he finally realized how irrelevant he is.  No one care what he thinks or does.  His "best" efforts have been his wind sock imitations.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1856 on: May 25, 2011, 10:24:25 PM »

Then there is this...

A California woman who befriended a homeless woman and let her sleep in her car told police she didn’t know where to turn when the woman unexpectedly died — so she drove the body around for months along with a box of baking soda to hide the smell, authorities said Thursday.
klaas
thanks for posting that... wow  guess casey isnt the only one!! that likes to ride her victims after they apss on..

Loca
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1857 on: May 25, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »

kcrn
 she wants to be seen!  to show off her plastic surjery!! got the plastic shiny cup look  going on.
a good example of reasons not to have a face lift.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1858 on: May 25, 2011, 10:28:09 PM »

Then there is this...

klaas
thanks for posting that... wow  guess casey isnt the only one!! that likes to ride her victims after they apss on..

I'm thinking National Lampoon's Aunt Edna on the roof of the family stationwagon...

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1859 on: May 25, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib1A9xAqTiY&feature=youtu.be

Hearing what Baez accused him of in his opening statement makes Baez's questions to George in the pre trial hearings about Casey is your baby, you would do anything for her right, if I told you that you not showing up in trial next month could save your daughter's life, could you do it, stay away....
it makes that set of questions outrageous! Remember that little gem?

Loca
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.