June 01, 2024, 04:08:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #629 5/26 - 5/28/2007  (Read 160643 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #620 on: May 28, 2007, 01:15:20 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Quote from: "Artcolley"
Woop[s. Spelled his name wrong. ODUBER, that is! Embarassed

I thought it was OldGoober!   Razz

Yeah! I like THAT one better! Laughing
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #621 on: May 28, 2007, 01:22:05 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Quote from: "Rob"
SB- alot of people have left Venezuela over the last few years and those with   money are already gone. It is those that pay little attention or have little education that are finally realizing that this is not going to turn into utopia.

They are late to realize that this Chavez revolution is one click from slavery. With little capital left and Chavez nationalizing most businesses, those with out the means to leave are now realizing they are the new under class.

At some point the US is gonna have to do something... there is no way around it that I can see.

At some point we are going to elect someone like Chavez if we don't wake up and smell the coffee.

Yes, and a certain segment of our society will be thrilled.
In fact, some of these already embrace Chevez.
Scarey times.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: May 28, 2007, 01:26:31 PM »

Tylergal
IF you are still here, I have a gardening question.
My Hubby was helping me by mowing and weeding around my flower beds. He cut down every last stalk of beebalm. 4 years growth. Grrr
Will it grow back???????? It had not bloomed yet. HE cut it clear to the dirt but didnt' get the roots.
He thought it was weeds.  Evil or Very Mad
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: May 28, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"
Quote from: "Anna"
Anyone can contact the FBI, their number is in that big book one finds in their mailbox or on their front porch about once a year.And one might even be able to get them to take a statement by pretending to have specific information.  Once.   Evil or Very Mad

Not a good idea to make a habit of it I would think, however, unless one actually has some real information as otherwise one risks being labeled a kook which in her case would apply.

I am sure a list is maintained of just such individuals and that would also include that one who has been stalking posters on Natalee blogs forever.  They are both flirting with having charges brought against themselves with this crackpot behavior.

jmo

Moon :" What book ? What am I missing here ? "

The telephone directory.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: May 28, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »

Anna, I was being sarcastic.  Laughing  Wink  Wink
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #625 on: May 28, 2007, 01:31:26 PM »

Tylergal
My Hubby was helping me by mowing and weeding around my flower beds. He cut down every last stalk of beebalm. 4 years growth. Grrr
Will it grow back???????? It had not bloomed yet. HE cut it clear to the dirt but didnt' get the roots.

I once had some beebalm and cut it down, pulled it up and it continued to return.  (Monardo, right?).  In fact, when I moved I saw it following me down the interstate.   Laughing  Laughing

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #626 on: May 28, 2007, 01:36:56 PM »

Quote from: "Tylergal"
Tylergal

I once had some beebalm and cut it down, pulled it up and it continued to return.  (Monardo, right?).  In fact, when I moved I saw it following me down the interstate.   Laughing  Laughing

Art, I was being silly but it is very hardy.  Four years growth should not be affected by cutting it down.  The roots are what determine its size and it will rebound as big as it would have been.  Does that make sense?  I cut all my roses to about 18-24 inches in the late winter and some of them are now 5-6 feet tall or more but only the ones with a few winters under their belts.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #627 on: May 28, 2007, 01:39:38 PM »

Art, my husband not only cut down but pulled up my "expensive" Johnson blue geraniums which are hard to come by and difficult to grow in our area.  He thought they were weeds.  I had about $100 invested in 5-6 plants but they were so young, I doubt they will return.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #628 on: May 28, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »

We are talking about Freedoms today.

Who/what has the huge power
in the US and/or Holland and/or Aruba, power enough to pull Greta's show that was schedule, advertised about Natalee Holloway?

IMO this is a good question for Ms. Rice in our State Dept. Onward with emails to Fox, Greta and the State Dept questioning why????

We expect truthful answers in a free society and not a run around!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #629 on: May 28, 2007, 02:10:08 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"

in the US and/or Holland and/or Aruba, power enough to pull Greta's show that was schedule, advertised about Natalee Holloway?

IMO this is a good question for Ms. Rice in our State Dept. Onward with emails to Fox, Greta and the State Dept questioning why????

IBE,
Greta's show was on as scheduled.  I watched it twice.  Unfortunately, it was just about all a repeat of last year's anniversary special.  She only added the new searches of the J2K residences.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: May 28, 2007, 02:10:45 PM »

The day following Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's speech to the United Nations ... the speech referring to President elect, George Bush, as the devil ... I stayed glued to CNN anticipating a backlash from the Bush administration ... the citizens of the United States.  However ... no words of retaliation from the United States administration were forthcoming  and ... for the most part ... no outrage by politicians and American  citizens.  I was so proud of the late Jerry Falwell ... he stood up for the United States of America and ...  let Chavez have it with his words from the pulpit of Thomas Road Bapist Church.

What amazed me more than anything ... less than 24 hours following the Chavez's speech ... the pastor and members of Mount Olive Baptist Church in New York gave this man a standing ovation as they honored him as a guest speaker.  In my opinion ... no matter what sentiments may exist in America concerning George Bush and his policies ...  this was worse than silence ... it was an outright betrayal of the democratic process ... the betrayal of America.

Janet  

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/20/chavez.un/index.html
Chavez: Bush 'devil'; U.S. 'on the way down'
September 20, 2005

UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez tore into his U.S. counterpart and his U.N. hosts Wednesday, likening President Bush to the devil and telling the General Assembly that its system is "worthless."

"The devil came here yesterday," Chavez said, referring to Bush, who addressed the world body during its annual meeting Tuesday. "And it smells of sulfur still today."

Chavez accused Bush of having spoken "as if he owned the world" and said a psychiatrist could be called to analyze the statement. (Watch Hugo Chavez cross himself as he tells world leaders he can smell the devil -- 1:06)

"As the spokesman of imperialism, he came to share his nostrums to try to preserve the current pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the peoples of the world. An Alfred Hitchcock movie could use it as a scenario. I would even propose a title: 'The Devil's Recipe.' "

Chavez held up a book by Noam Chomsky on imperialism and said it encapsulated his arguments: "The American empire is doing all it can to consolidate its hegemonistic system of domination, and we cannot allow him to do that. We cannot allow world dictatorship to be consolidated."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #631 on: May 28, 2007, 02:12:26 PM »

LOL, IBE, our government does not pull programs from TV, muchless about this case.  That would be the program director, producer, advertisers or network, but this program was not pulled, just not as advertised.

Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #632 on: May 28, 2007, 02:17:19 PM »

Quote from: "Tamikosmom"
The day following Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's speech to the United Nations ... the speech referring to President elect, George Bush, as the devil ... I stayed glued to CNN anticipating a backlash from the Bush administration ... the citizens of the United States.  However ... no words of retaliation from the United States administration were forthcoming  and ... for the most part ... no outrage by politicians and American  citizens.  I was so proud of the late Jerry Falwell ... he stood up for the United States of America and ...  let Chavez have it with his words from the pulpit of Thomas Road Bapist Church.

What amazed me more than anything ... less than 24 hours following the Chavez's speech ... the pastor and members of Mount Olive Baptist Church in New York gave this man a standing ovation as they honored him as a guest speaker.  In my opinion ... no matter what sentiments may exist in America concerning George Bush and his policies ...  this was worse than silence ... it was an outright betrayal of the democratic process ... the betrayal of America.

Janet  

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/20/chavez.un/index.html
Chavez: Bush 'devil'; U.S. 'on the way down'
September 20, 2005

UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez tore into his U.S. counterpart and his U.N. hosts Wednesday, likening President Bush to the devil and telling the General Assembly that its system is "worthless."

"The devil came here yesterday," Chavez said, referring to Bush, who addressed the world body during its annual meeting Tuesday. "And it smells of sulfur still today."

Chavez accused Bush of having spoken "as if he owned the world" and said a psychiatrist could be called to analyze the statement. (Watch Hugo Chavez cross himself as he tells world leaders he can smell the devil -- 1:06)

"As the spokesman of imperialism, he came to share his nostrums to try to preserve the current pattern of domination, exploitation and pillage of the peoples of the world. An Alfred Hitchcock movie could use it as a scenario. I would even propose a title: 'The Devil's Recipe.' "

Chavez held up a book by Noam Chomsky on imperialism and said it encapsulated his arguments: "The American empire is doing all it can to consolidate its hegemonistic system of domination, and we cannot allow him to do that. We cannot allow world dictatorship to be consolidated."

Ah, Noam Chomsky, Hillary's mentor.  Unfortunately, we have had communists posing as anything but since the late 1960s and early 1970s and they have overrun the mainstream media, our body of politic and the United States Senate and H.R.  Our universities are flooded with them.  Very few speak for liberty any longer for fear of reprisal but the Lord did tell us that in the final days evil would become seen as good and good would become seen as evil and I think that is what we are seeing slowly and insidiuously taking over our government.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #633 on: May 28, 2007, 02:29:09 PM »

Anna and everyone, Thanks. I have Direct TV and waited for it... but it never came on on Sat. night even thought it was on the schedule. I thought it was to be on Fri., Sat?  When did you all see it?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: May 28, 2007, 02:32:10 PM »

Kat,my father served with canucks in operation marketgarden,and had great respect for them.my grandfather served with canucks and anzacs at guadelcanal.my future ,sons father in law served against them at gallipoli.my wifes family has fought the russians for about 1000 years and does not like them.taps caught quickly
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: May 28, 2007, 02:33:44 PM »

Anna and everyone, Thanks. I have Direct TV and waited for it... but it never came on on Sat. night even thought it was on the schedule. I thought it was to be on Fri., Sat?  When did you all see it?

I think Saturday afternoon about one p.m. then again yesterday around four in the afternoon, I believe it was IBE.

Klaas posted the times here but of course those are always EST.

PERSONA NON GRATA

IndyDan
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: May 28, 2007, 02:33:53 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
IndyDan! I just saw from where you holla' in Hoosierland. I was just there last Wednesday! Fell into a patch of poison ivy. Shocked  Did not break out, though. Apparently, I don't have the allergy.

GET OUT!!   Let me guess, Bradford Woods??
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: May 28, 2007, 02:36:26 PM »

lucky about the allergy.but don't test your luck
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: May 28, 2007, 02:36:29 PM »

No, apparently our government can't  stop the LATimes, Washington Post, ABC and NBC news from publishing classified information so I don't think they can pull regular commercial programs.

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: May 28, 2007, 02:39:50 PM »

Thanks Anna... am retreating to my corner! Embarassed The time corresponds to when I had it on. The info on the show and its name showed as it should be on, but something else was on. Thanks.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.