May 29, 2024, 01:38:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing With the Stars - Season 13 - J.R. Martinez Mirror Ball Trophy Winner!  (Read 735623 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2011, 10:43:28 PM »

Elizabetta deserved to go home.  She stunk.

ya think? really? worse than Chaz and David and Rob? and what about Carson? certainly not dancing talent..oh well, shows that everyone should vote for their favorites..Elisabetta is pretty unknown so that didn't help her much..

I have no idea who she is, I missed the beginning of the first show so never saw her intro.    I agree that was a big part of why she's gone tonight.  I actually liked David.  Chaz tries hard but he will likely go next week. 

think her biggest claim to fame is that she dated George Clooney for about 2 years...
  Thats about it Cookie and George goes through women like Warren Beatty did back in my day....Oh I think I heard Clooney got married this past weekend, see how long that one lasts!

Babs..that was about a movie that he is in..
as soon as Elisabetta talked about wanting to settle down and have babies, George was gone. He may end up a lonely old man one of these days..I have a friend like him..dated really cute, nice gals..didn't want to settle down or share his paycheck with anyone..now he wishes that he had someone...

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #321 on: September 28, 2011, 01:52:05 AM »

Elizabetta deserved to go home.  She stunk.

ya think? really? worse than Chaz and David and Rob? and what about Carson? certainly not dancing talent..oh well, shows that everyone should vote for their favorites..Elisabetta is pretty unknown so that didn't help her much..

I have no idea who she is, I missed the beginning of the first show so never saw her intro.    I agree that was a big part of why she's gone tonight.  I actually liked David.  Chaz tries hard but he will likely go next week. 

think her biggest claim to fame is that she dated George Clooney for about 2 years...
  Thats about it Cookie and George goes through women like Warren Beatty did back in my day....Oh I think I heard Clooney got married this past weekend, see how long that one lasts!

Babs..that was about a movie that he is in..
as soon as Elisabetta talked about wanting to settle down and have babies, George was gone. He may end up a lonely old man one of these days..I have a friend like him..dated really cute, nice gals..didn't want to settle down or share his paycheck with anyone..now he wishes that he had someone...
Thanks Cookie, I just caught the married part in passing, one of those entertainment shows!

I had a friend like that also, swore he'd never settle down, seemed a different girl every weeks for years......He met a top-less dancer who'd just got out of prison for killing a boy-friend (who happened to be a cop).  Right in front of the bar, she only did a couple of years claiming "self defense"......Anyway my friend ended up marrying her, in the package were her 5 teenage daughters, needless to say....oh well won't say but they all lived happily everafter!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: September 28, 2011, 01:59:20 AM »

I watched Queen for a Day...my grandmother had a elemetary school education,  lived in a housedress, never drove a car or went to the store without my paw.   Stashed "pin money" and had a rough time of things...how I wanted her to be on that show.  She would be loving DWS....she would probably be running numbers on the winners.
  My grandma was a faithful Queen for a Day follower....She went twice to the show with neighbor ladies and the women both won!  Boy the stuff they got back then was really impressive.

Of course you had to have a real sob story in order to qualify, those 2 ladies were really good.  Grandma was considered a "good Luck" charm after those two wins but she wouldn't go back with anyone else because she didn't think either one of them deserved to win.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: September 28, 2011, 06:37:29 AM »

He said that 2 of the couples truly were in the bottom 2..which means that the other safe couple did not have the lowest score..
Elisabetta got robbed! not fair!

There were people who really got robbed over the years that were sent home. If Elisabetta didn't go this week I think should would have been gone next week.

The reason I think Chaz should go is because he just can't make it any further.  His entire body hurts and his weight isn't helping him.  His knees are too sore to continue even though I do like him.  I hope Cher shows up next week to see him at least one time.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: September 28, 2011, 06:53:03 AM »

San ~ I agree.  It was just a matter of time for Elisabetta.  Really a shame she has no fan base.

About Chaz ~ I would hope his Mom ('cause that's what she is!) would make an appearance.  And frankly, what a coup for DWTS if Cher did show.  ummmm, we'll see.

Wondering who y'all think will be next?   I wouldn't be surprised if J.R. and Ricki are 2 of the final couples . . . getting ahead of myself here. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: September 28, 2011, 08:40:13 AM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/09/28/2011-09-28_dancing_with_the_stars_season_13_week_2_elimination_elisabetta_canalis_ousted_be.html
'Dancing With the Stars' season 13 week 2 elimination: Elisabetta Canalis ousted before Chaz Bono
September 28, 2011

Adam Taylor/ABC
Elisabetta Canalis' lack of rhythm overpowered her otherwise graceful-looking getup on 'DWTS.'

There was no translation necessary for Italian model and actress Elisabetta Canalis when she learned of her fate on Tuesday night's "Dancing With the Stars."

The foreign beauty, who improved but ultimately failed to impress the judges with a lackluster quickstep Monday night, welled up with tears as she and partner Val Chmerkovskiy stepped forward to speak with host Tom Bergeron for the last time.

"For me, it was a gift ... it was a great experience," she said, smiling. "It was a great adventure so I want to thank everybody."

Chmerkovskiy, who made his "DWTS" debut opposite brother Maks this season, looked tight-lipped at the elimination but said graciously: "I'm very proud of her. I'm sorry, I wish I did better for you."

Canalis, who stunned in a flowing pale blue gown Monday, was able to rack in a modest 21 points, but "kind of fell apart" without direct guidance from her partner from week one, the judges had said.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: September 28, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »

There are now ten couples left of the original twelve after last night. 

Still Dancing:

Derek Hough with Ricki Lake

Maksim Chmerkovskiy with Hope Solo

J.R. Martinez with Karina Smirnoff

David Arquette with Kym Johnson

Chaz Bono with Lacey Schwimmer

Rob Kardashian with Cheryl Burke

Nancy Grace with Tristan MacManus

Carson Kressley with Anna Trebunskaya

Chynna Phillips with Tony Dovolani

Kristin Cavallari with Mark Ballas

Eliminated:

9/20/11 - Peta Murgatroyd with  Metta World Peace aka Ron Artest
9/27/11 - Val Chmerovskiy with Elisabetta Canalis

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: September 28, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »

He said that 2 of the couples truly were in the bottom 2..which means that the other safe couple did not have the lowest score..
Elisabetta got robbed! not fair!

There were people who really got robbed over the years that were sent home. If Elisabetta didn't go this week I think should would have been gone next week.

The reason I think Chaz should go is because he just can't make it any further.  His entire body hurts and his weight isn't helping him.  His knees are too sore to continue even though I do like him.  I hope Cher shows up next week to see him at least one time.

totally agree...
I watch this show every single year and it sure has happened before..there has been some total upsets on the show..Just proves that voting will help..

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #328 on: September 28, 2011, 02:00:46 PM »

Hi monkey's,

I hope Chaz sticks around, because I love her no BS comments, no one intimates Chaz.  I thinks he is so refreshly honest like
his mom.  I thought I heard Cher last night, I did not see her, but I heard a screech, that sounded like her. Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: September 28, 2011, 06:53:47 PM »

San ~ I agree.  It was just a matter of time for Elisabetta.  Really a shame she has no fan base.

About Chaz ~ I would hope his Mom ('cause that's what she is!) would make an appearance.  And frankly, what a coup for DWTS if Cher did show.  ummmm, we'll see.

Wondering who y'all think will be next?   I wouldn't be surprised if J.R. and Ricki are 2 of the final couples . . . getting ahead of myself here. 

As for who might be next I have two people in mind and that is Chaz and I'm hoping Rob Kardashian.

Let's not forget Chynna Phillips going to the final three.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »

Nancy Grace just said on her show that every bit of the money that she earns on DWTS is going to Missing and Exploited Children..another reason to vote to keep her in the contest.
No matter what we think of NG from time to time, her heart is in the right place most of the time..imo...

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:16 PM »

Nancy Grace just said on her show that every bit of the money that she earns on DWTS is going to Missing and Exploited Children..another reason to vote to keep her in the contest.
No matter what we think of NG from time to time, her heart is in the right place most of the time..imo...
I sooooo agree with you about NG, Cookie!

I'm already waiting for next week!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: September 28, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »

I sooooo agree with you about NG, Cookie!

I'm already waiting for next week!

me too! it's a date...meet here with our drink and snacks!

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #333 on: September 28, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »

You got it! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: September 29, 2011, 02:34:41 PM »

http://www.dailyglow.com/dancing-with-the-stars-contestants-dramatic-weight-loss-0928.html
Dancing with the Stars Contestants' Dramatic Weight Loss
Last Updated September 28, 2011

Dancing With The Stars is known for the quick step and the Viennese Waltz, but it also has a track record of helping celebrity contestants drop excess pounds quickly. This season, by only week two of competition, contestants such as Chaz Bono, Nancy Grace, and Ricki Lake have already trimmed their figures noticeably.

ABC News confirms that Lake, a former talk show host who has publicly discussed her struggle to lose weight, has lost 12 inches rehearsing for Dancing with the Stars.
 ::snipping2::
Ricki Lake is not the only star who has shed weight since joining the cast. Chaz Bono dropped 10 pounds and may hope to follow former contestant Kirstie Alley's lead by continuing to trim his figure. Alley was a cast member of last season's Dancing with the Stars and it jump-started her 100-pound weight loss, as reported by CBS News
Not to be outdone, Nancy Grace shared that she too has seen pounds drop from her figure in just the few weeks she has trained for the live performance show. Grace, who suffered a costume malfunction this week on live television, has shed at least 10 pounds already according to AOL.

If stars such as Lake and Grace continue to shrink, fans will surely tune in to see how amazing their favorites are looking each week.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: September 29, 2011, 02:39:16 PM »

http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/Elisabetta-Canalis-Elimination-Surprising-Her-Partner-35525.html
Elisabetta Canalis Elimination Not Surprising To Her Partner
September 28, 2011

The thirty-three year old beauty was sent packing last night on Dancing With The Stars despite clearly not being not the worst one left. For those of you who don't regularly watch ABC's reality competition show, let me fill you in on how it works, at least for the first few weeks. If you're a great dancer, you're likely safe. If you're a terrible dancer who's a more popular celebrity than everyone else, you're likely safe. If you're an okay dancer and people aren't overly invested in your life, you may well be packing your bags. That's what Elisabetta Canalis found out last night, but if you listen to her partner, there was very little shock involved.
Canalis' partner Val Chmerkovskiy stopped to talk to People after the announcement, and he was tactful but very clear about what he saw as the reasoning behind the duo's elimination…

"There are a lot of challenges for everybody. There were huge challenges for her. We're a proud nation. We're a welcoming nation, but [Americans] have our own idols and our own fan base. This show is about people who have huge fan bases. We can't compete with that."

On merit alone, Canalis definitely shouldn't have gone home. There are still a few celebrities who border on miserable, but as Chmerkovskiy pointed out, Dancing With The Stars is about a lot more than who has the best feet.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: September 29, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2043234/Dancing-With-The-Stars-2011-George-Clooney-sticks-Elisabetta-Canalis.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Putting on a brave face: Elisabetta Canalis steps out after DWTS elimination as George Clooney sticks up for her over 'nasty text' rumours

September 29, 2011

Gone: Elisabetta and her dance partner Val Chmerkovskiy, pictured with hosts Brooke Burke and Tom Bergeron, were eliminated from DWTS on Monday

Elisabetta Canalis has had a hard week.

First, she was accused of sending her ex George Clooney and his new girlfriend nasty text messages, and then she was eliminated from Dancing With The Stars.

But the A-list actor has come to her rescue, making a rare statement on his personal life.

And Elisabetta certainly didn't show any signs of distress yesterday as she strolled the streets of West Hollywood with her two beloved dogs.

George showed he still cared for the Italian model as he took time to deny a story in US Weekly.
It said Elisabetta had sent him and his current flame, former wrestler Stacy Keibler, hurtful messages.

She reportedly became angry after having to learn about the new romance through the press.

But George said the story 'was completely fabricated in order to sell magazines'.

'I never comment on my personal life unless it affects others... and this lie affects others,' he told TMZ.

'Since I would be the only actual witness, I ask you to correct your story immediately, but that would assume you cared at all about telling the truth.'

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: September 29, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »

This is just weird.  What is the point? 

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/29/white-powder-found-in-letter-addressed-to-dancing-with-the-stars/
White powder found in letter addressed to 'Dancing With the Stars'
September 29, 2011

Los Angeles police determined that a white powder found Wednesday in a letter addressed to the television show Dancing With the Stars was harmless, authorities said.

The suspicious white powder was found around 2 p.m. in a mailroom at CBS Television City, a large studio complex, according to Richard French, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department.

A hazardous materials team was called in to gather the powder and test it before declaring it harmless. No one was exposed to the powder and no injury has been reported, French said. The envelope was addressed to the show, not a specific participant, he said.

“Outside of mail room operations being suspended for a few hours, no business operations or show productions were affected,” said CBS spokesman Chris Ender. He declined comment on what safety precautions CBS may take in the future.
White powder has repeatedly been discovered in the mail at CBS Television City. A similarly harmless envelope of white powder was sent to Dancing With the Stars in November 2010, days before the finale where Jennifer Grey, Kyle Massey and Bristol Palin faced off for the prize.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: September 29, 2011, 03:15:07 PM »

This is just weird.  What is the point? 

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/29/white-powder-found-in-letter-addressed-to-dancing-with-the-stars/
White powder found in letter addressed to 'Dancing With the Stars'
September 29, 2011

Los Angeles police determined that a white powder found Wednesday in a letter addressed to the television show Dancing With the Stars was harmless, authorities said.

The suspicious white powder was found around 2 p.m. in a mailroom at CBS Television City, a large studio complex, according to Richard French, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department.

A hazardous materials team was called in to gather the powder and test it before declaring it harmless. No one was exposed to the powder and no injury has been reported, French said. The envelope was addressed to the show, not a specific participant, he said.

“Outside of mail room operations being suspended for a few hours, no business operations or show productions were affected,” said CBS spokesman Chris Ender. He declined comment on what safety precautions CBS may take in the future.
White powder has repeatedly been discovered in the mail at CBS Television City. A similarly harmless envelope of white powder was sent to Dancing With the Stars in November 2010, days before the finale where Jennifer Grey, Kyle Massey and Bristol Palin faced off for the prize.

someone not like Carson's dancing lol?

lots of crazies out there for sure...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #339 on: September 29, 2011, 04:28:48 PM »

http://www.cinemablend.com/pop/Elisabetta-Canalis-Elimination-Surprising-Her-Partner-35525.html
Elisabetta Canalis Elimination Not Surprising To Her Partner
September 28, 2011

The thirty-three year old beauty was sent packing last night on Dancing With The Stars despite clearly not being not the worst one left. For those of you who don't regularly watch ABC's reality competition show, let me fill you in on how it works, at least for the first few weeks. If you're a great dancer, you're likely safe. If you're a terrible dancer who's a more popular celebrity than everyone else, you're likely safe. If you're an okay dancer and people aren't overly invested in your life, you may well be packing your bags. That's what Elisabetta Canalis found out last night, but if you listen to her partner, there was very little shock involved.
Canalis' partner Val Chmerkovskiy stopped to talk to People after the announcement, and he was tactful but very clear about what he saw as the reasoning behind the duo's elimination…

"There are a lot of challenges for everybody. There were huge challenges for her. We're a proud nation. We're a welcoming nation, but [Americans] have our own idols and our own fan base. This show is about people who have huge fan bases. We can't compete with that."

On merit alone, Canalis definitely shouldn't have gone home. There are still a few celebrities who border on miserable, but as Chmerkovskiy pointed out, Dancing With The Stars is about a lot more than who has the best feet.

Hi Monkey's,

Thank-you Muffy for the article.

I liked Elisabetta and Val, but they did not have chemistry, IMO Smile

She was elegant, but did not seem to be comfortable on DWTS, and I think the public picks up on that.
 She is so cute, she will find her niche.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.