June 03, 2024, 09:13:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #173 10/14/10 - 10/29/10  (Read 186537 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #460 on: October 26, 2010, 06:54:14 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/10/casey-anthony-wesh-analyst-asks-why-should-casey-anthony-be-treated-differently.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Casey Anthony: WESH analyst asks, ‘Why should Casey Anthony be treated differently?’
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on October, 26 2010 6:34 PM
In reporting on the Casey Anthony case tonight, stations focused on money for the indigent client.

***WESH-Ch. 2’s Bob Kealing explained a new motion by defense attorney Jose Baez that seeks 300 additional hours for an investigator to be paid for by taxpayers. “He says his investigator needs to look into all of this evidence being released by the state,” Kealing reported. “Baez says the 300 hours already budgeted by Judge Belvin Perry to fund the defense investigator has been exhausted.” The cost for those additional 300 hours would be $12,000.

Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who offers analysis for WESH, asked: “Why should Casey Anthony be treated differently? … Most attorneys don’t need a full-time investigator.”

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony. The murder trial is scheduled to start in May.

Kealing predicted that money would be the main issue at a status hearing on Friday. Anthony will attend.

***WFTV-Ch. 9 looked at travel expenses for the defense’s out-of-state experts. “Casey’s attorneys want their experts to be able stay at $150-a-night hotels at the expense of taxpayers,” anchor Martie Salt said. “They also want the experts to be reimbursed for business calls and mileage.”

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #461 on: October 26, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »

this is worth reading IMO

hattip Pruddennce
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=373891&page=20

several of Judge P's rulings were made without prejudice which allows JB to file another motion.

here are the rulings:

. Defense – Forensic Entomologist from Nebraska (existing expert will continue) GRANTED

2. Defense – Forensic Anthropologist agreed to JAC rates – GRANTED

3. Defense – Forensic Botanist from Colorado agreed to JAC rates – GRANTED

4. Defense – Forensic Pathologist (2) only one will testify at trial. Requesting pay for 2. Judge Perry will only pay for one (1). Agreed to JAC rates. GRANTED

5. Defense – Digital Forensic Expert, NC. Hrs. already paid for? Response: well over 50% complete. Judge strongly suggested video-conferencing to consult with experts. GRANTED

6. Defense – DNA Expert (NOT Dr. Koby) Defense has a group of ppl. in an organization reviewing this data but not able to id one (1) specific person at this time. Well over 60% of work completed. Judge Perry made it clear JAC is only paying for one! – GRANTED subject to JAC regulations.

7. Defense – Trace Evidence Expert would be Dr. Henry Lee. If he is not available to do it, defense willing to hire someone else. DENIED without prejudice. Judge will want to know why Dr. Lee can not do it.

8. Defense – 2 Scientist/Chemist needed to refute Oakridge Lab analyst air testing procedures & findings. One in FL and one is not in FL. GRANTED

9. Defense – Taphonomy (decomposition Expert) Baez told the State to Google it to find out what it is. Judge Perry said they will have a Roger’s Hearing for Baez to establish a two prone test regarding a Taphonomy expert. Baez will need to file a motion to request this hearing.

10. Defense – Cell Phone Expert. Seeking someone to perform this function. Baez has not taken the depo of the State’s cell ph witnesses. DENIED without prejudice. May be able to resubmit this request at another time.

11. Defense – Jury Consultant. Mr. Mason has the experience at picking a DP case. Not a fundamental right under FL constitution. DENIED with prejudice. Judge Perry told Baez not to bring it up again. [Note: The State – Mr. Ashton & Mr. George will serve as Jury Consultants]

12. Defense – K9 Expert, Univ of AL to rebut the State’s dog handler’s opinion that the dog alerted on human decomp in Casey’s car. Analysis of dog; review dog training logs; dog error rates; K9 handler training & procedures, etc. Est’d 20 hrs. GRANTED up to 20 hrs.

Note: Baez stated, for the record, all of the experts are willing to accept the JAC rates.

Baez requested the last expert witness discussion to be done in-camera.

Other Expenses

Purchase of 2 Pontiac SUNFIRE cars for $6,000 like Oakridge did. WTH?! DENIED without prejudice. Free to set a Roger’s hearing later.

Travel for Attys – Baez requested travel expenses be paid for Defense attys. Ruling – Attys Mason, Lyon, Baden will not be paid. DENIED. Travel for Lead Atty. Baez will be paid at JAC rate.

MISC – Public Records request. Example: Tips from OCSO. 1st set of disc costs approx $1,000 (mostly psychic tips) Est. of $5,000 based on his prior experience. JAC requires specificity in addition to other admin. Cost such as filing fees, subpoenas, etc. GRANTED cap of $3,500 at this time. Baez can request more later if necessary.

Defense argued that Casey has the right not to attend hearings. DENIED. Judge Perry will continue to be required to attend hearings but Casey is not required to attend Status Hearings unless she wants to attend.

Then of course we have JAC's ruling which specifically addressed JB's status as a HIRED ATTORNEY and all other attorneys are associate attorneys to be paid by him, if they require payment.

gawd

IMO

*waiting on maggot evidence...*

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #462 on: October 26, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »

Isn't this the second time they've cancelled the Grund's depos?
More mind games if you ask me.

I am not sure this is not the 3rd time. I was thinking they set it up early on in the case when Cindy was screaming about Jesse, then a few months ago, they had one scheduled, which BOZO canceled and now they canceled this one.

Jesse does not even live in Orlando anymore and has to drive about 8 hours each time. WHO is paying them for all their time and expense? BOZO is so worried about all these fools from all over the US and other countries getting paid expenses - who is paying all these INNOCENT people for theirs?

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #463 on: October 26, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »

this is worth reading IMO

hattip Pruddennce
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=373891&page=20

several of Judge P's rulings were made without prejudice which allows JB to file another motion.

here are the rulings:

. Defense – Forensic Entomologist from Nebraska (existing expert will continue) GRANTED

2. Defense – Forensic Anthropologist agreed to JAC rates – GRANTED

3. Defense – Forensic Botanist from Colorado agreed to JAC rates – GRANTED

4. Defense – Forensic Pathologist (2) only one will testify at trial. Requesting pay for 2. Judge Perry will only pay for one (1). Agreed to JAC rates. GRANTED

5. Defense – Digital Forensic Expert, NC. Hrs. already paid for? Response: well over 50% complete. Judge strongly suggested video-conferencing to consult with experts. GRANTED

6. Defense – DNA Expert (NOT Dr. Koby) Defense has a group of ppl. in an organization reviewing this data but not able to id one (1) specific person at this time. Well over 60% of work completed. Judge Perry made it clear JAC is only paying for one! – GRANTED subject to JAC regulations.

7. Defense – Trace Evidence Expert would be Dr. Henry Lee. If he is not available to do it, defense willing to hire someone else. DENIED without prejudice. Judge will want to know why Dr. Lee can not do it.

8. Defense – 2 Scientist/Chemist needed to refute Oakridge Lab analyst air testing procedures & findings. One in FL and one is not in FL. GRANTED

9. Defense – Taphonomy (decomposition Expert) Baez told the State to Google it to find out what it is. Judge Perry said they will have a Roger’s Hearing for Baez to establish a two prone test regarding a Taphonomy expert. Baez will need to file a motion to request this hearing.

10. Defense – Cell Phone Expert. Seeking someone to perform this function. Baez has not taken the depo of the State’s cell ph witnesses. DENIED without prejudice. May be able to resubmit this request at another time.

11. Defense – Jury Consultant. Mr. Mason has the experience at picking a DP case. Not a fundamental right under FL constitution. DENIED with prejudice. Judge Perry told Baez not to bring it up again. [Note: The State – Mr. Ashton & Mr. George will serve as Jury Consultants]

12. Defense – K9 Expert, Univ of AL to rebut the State’s dog handler’s opinion that the dog alerted on human decomp in Casey’s car. Analysis of dog; review dog training logs; dog error rates; K9 handler training & procedures, etc. Est’d 20 hrs. GRANTED up to 20 hrs.

Note: Baez stated, for the record, all of the experts are willing to accept the JAC rates.

Baez requested the last expert witness discussion to be done in-camera.

Other Expenses

Purchase of 2 Pontiac SUNFIRE cars for $6,000 like Oakridge did. WTH?! DENIED without prejudice. Free to set a Roger’s hearing later.

Travel for Attys – Baez requested travel expenses be paid for Defense attys. Ruling – Attys Mason, Lyon, Baden will not be paid. DENIED. Travel for Lead Atty. Baez will be paid at JAC rate.

MISC – Public Records request. Example: Tips from OCSO. 1st set of disc costs approx $1,000 (mostly psychic tips) Est. of $5,000 based on his prior experience. JAC requires specificity in addition to other admin. Cost such as filing fees, subpoenas, etc. GRANTED cap of $3,500 at this time. Baez can request more later if necessary.

Defense argued that Casey has the right not to attend hearings. DENIED. Judge Perry will continue to be required to attend hearings but Casey is not required to attend Status Hearings unless she wants to attend.

Then of course we have JAC's ruling which specifically addressed JB's status as a HIRED ATTORNEY and all other attorneys are associate attorneys to be paid by him, if they require payment.

gawd

IMO

*waiting on maggot evidence...*

Much of that he is requesting are things BOZO CLAIMED he paid for out of the $360,000. WHEN is this court going to start investigating these financial records?  I do pay real estate taxes in Florida and as a taxpayer I want to know. I may write the court and ask for the complete accounting of BOZO's previous billing to be released. If we have to pay, then we have the right to see what we are paying for. 

Note to self; Write letter to SA and Judge's office.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #464 on: October 26, 2010, 07:47:55 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/25516807/detail.html
Casey's Defense Wants Experts Reimbursed
Posted: 12:54 pm EDT October 26, 2010
Updated: 2:51 pm EDT October 26, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team is proposing set rates for travel cost reimbursements for its out-of-state experts

Video Report  http://www.wftv.com/video/25516486/index.html
The defense wants its experts to be able to stay at $150 per night hotels at taxpayers' expense and wants them to be reimbursed for business calls and mileage. Attorneys are trying to get Chief Judge Belvin Perry to approve the reimbursements.

The defense is also asking the court to double the expense allowance for its state private investigator. Judge Perry set a limit of 300 hours for the Florida private investigator and 100 hours for an out-of-state investigator.

The defense said it has used up all that time, costing taxpayers $16,000, and now wants taxpayers to pay for another 300 hours. Meanwhile, the defense's private investigator has been accused of harassing prosecution witnesses who helped search for Caylee.

Good luck with this one, Bozo.
Hopefully, Judge Perry will find u some nice accommodations behind bars.

WHY would they pay a PI who has been accused of witness tampering ANYTHING?

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #465 on: October 26, 2010, 07:51:25 PM »

I am not sure this is not the 3rd time. I was thinking they set it up early on in the case when Cindy was screaming about Jesse, then a few months ago, they had one scheduled, which BOZO canceled and now they canceled this one.

Jesse does not even live in Orlando anymore and has to drive about 8 hours each time. WHO is paying them for all their time and expense? BOZO is so worried about all these fools from all over the US and other countries getting paid expenses - who is paying all these INNOCENT people for theirs?

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8228.0

Jessie Aaron Grund
 (on state’s witness list 11/17/2008)
(added to defense witness list 01/23/2009)
1st depo date:(07/30/2010 changed to 08/11/10 canceled, changed to 10/26/2010, canceled

same dates for Richard Grund also.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #466 on: October 26, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »

http://bullstopper.wordpress.com/
Did Jose Baez Lie to Jane Velez-Mitchell?
10/22/10

My personal opinion is he has LIED to EVERYONE !! I think he has lied to KC, lied to the high profile attorneys as to the amount of money forthcoming because of his 'efforts"; lied to the Anthonys, lied to the court............so WHY would he not lie to her?  

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #467 on: October 26, 2010, 07:52:46 PM »

Jessie Aaron Grund
1st depo date:(07/30/2010 changed to 08/11/10 canceled, changed to 10/26/2010, canceled

Thanks I thought there were three times they canceled.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #468 on: October 26, 2010, 08:04:46 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/october/164821/Lawyer-stepping-down-from-Casey-Anthonys-defense-team
Lawyer stepping down from Casey Anthony's defense team
Last Updated: Friday, October 22, 2010 6:31 PM
ORLANDO -- 
A member of Casey Anthony's defense team is stepping down from the high-profile case.

The defense filed a motion in Orange County Court Friday, notifying the court that Linda Kenney-Baden will be withdrawing from the case.

Court documents said Kenney-Baden is stepping down not because of any issues with the case, but because because the work she's been brought on board to do is done.

"As out of state counsel I have been traveling to Florida and elsewhere to properly represent Ms. Anthony," she wrote in her motion.

She added, it is her "understanding that the JAC prohibits payment of such costs to out of state attorneys even though they have rendered and are rendering their services free of charge."

Kenney-Baden will remain as a consultant and appear periodically throughout the trial.

Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie.

Her trial is expected to start in May.

Anthony faces a possible death sentence if convicted.

BBM

Ya know all these fame whore attys really get me when as they each drop out of the case throw in how they'll maintain ties, consult and "appear periodically". Conway said something similar, maybe AL too.  Seems to me that they shouldn't be able to pop in and out to grab some media, look important, give 'credibility' to any notion being thrown out into the public.  I mean if they're no longer on the team, they can ride the wave of notoriety, use the airwaves to present the next fantastical theory all with no restrictions cause they're not officially on the roster.

I am not sure they can re-appear. The judge has to grant an out of state attorney who is not licensed in the state a temporary permission status to work on a case. Attorneys seeking to appear in a state court where they are not licensed for a single case may make a "pro hac vice" motion. "Pro hac vice" is a Latin phrase that means "for this occasion."

I call that BS put out by BOZO, because if you read her actual resignation letter nothing was said about any of that.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #469 on: October 26, 2010, 08:11:14 PM »

The money train was halted when kc was convicted of fraud. I think that's why ,her only asset which was the pics and maybe interviews was frozen because of the law preventing her from profitting off crime. I think I'm right about that.

I think you are right about that too.............when the money train stopped rolling, they all seemed to get off at the next stop. I want ALL of the accounting of BOZO's $360,000 released to the taxpaying public so we can scrutinize his accounting.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #470 on: October 26, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »

Good morning Sunny

They all lie! they self inflate their ego's with embelishments. Looking at baezs's  site he also claims what isnt! I dont think Mason has much to brag about. He surely didnt win 50 cases! I have seen some of his actions! youtube has him with nelson serrano and the man is sitting on death row.
liars and sharks!!

Do you know if Mason has only been in Florida/ I can't find even 10 cases has tried and most of the ones I did find were plead out. I found two which went to trial and he lost both of those as both are now on death row. I will keep searching. I guess what he considers "success" living through the trials and collecting his money. It sure can't be that he got the perp off.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: October 26, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »

http://www.justiceadmin.org/faq/Training%20Modules/GuidetoIndCost%209-2010.pdf

Guide to Indigency

I am going to try to get this in a separate thread as a sticky.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #472 on: October 26, 2010, 08:51:02 PM »

Jessie Aaron Grund

They should make Bozo go to Jesse next time or why not depose via Skype?
Outrageous waste of people's time and money.
The duhfense should be forced to reimburse everyone from time lost at work, and all the expenses he wants for his out of state rat attorneys.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #473 on: October 26, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/25516966/detail.html
Casey's Attorneys Want $12K More For Investigators
Jose Baez Files Motion To Double Investigative Hours

POSTED: 1:10 pm EDT October 26, 2010
UPDATED: 5:29 pm EDT October 26, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team is asking for hundreds more investigative hours at a cost of thousands of dollars.

Jose Baez filed a motion in Orange County Court asking to double the amount of hours for his investigators.
So far, Baez said his team has spent 300 hours on the case, at a cost of $40 per hour -- $12,000 in all.

The motion asks for an additional $12,000.

In May, Judge Belvin Perry set a cap of 300 hours for the defense's in-state investigators and 100 hours for out-of-state investigators.

In the motion, Baez said the investigator is needed to continue looking into evidence that is still being released by prosecutors.

Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who is not involved with the case, said he believes that an additional 300 hours is excessive. However, he said that Judge Belvin Perry may feel obliged to grant Baez' request to keep the case moving toward a May trial date.

Anthony was declared indigent in March. A state commission now doles out money for her defense.
Baez also asked for clarification on which travel expenses defense attorneys can be reimbursed for.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #474 on: October 26, 2010, 08:54:14 PM »

http://www.justiceadmin.org/faq/Training%20Modules/GuidetoIndCost%209-2010.pdf

Guide to Indigency

I am going to try to get this in a separate thread as a sticky.
Great idea! 

~ Peter Frampton
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #475 on: October 26, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »

Jessie Aaron Grund

The duhfense should be forced to reimburse everyone from time lost at work, and all the expenses he wants for his out of state rat attorneys.

Amen Curly

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #476 on: October 26, 2010, 10:00:50 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/25516966/detail.html
Casey's Attorneys Want $12K More For Investigators
Jose Baez Files Motion To Double Investigative Hours

POSTED: 1:10 pm EDT October 26, 2010
UPDATED: 5:29 pm EDT October 26, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's defense team is asking for hundreds more investigative hours at a cost of thousands of dollars.

Jose Baez filed a motion in Orange County Court asking to double the amount of hours for his investigators.
So far, Baez said his team has spent 300 hours on the case, at a cost of $40 per hour -- $12,000 in all.

The motion asks for an additional $12,000.

In May, Judge Belvin Perry set a cap of 300 hours for the defense's in-state investigators and 100 hours for out-of-state investigators.

In the motion, Baez said the investigator is needed to continue looking into evidence that is still being released by prosecutors.

Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who is not involved with the case, said he believes that an additional 300 hours is excessive. However, he said that Judge Belvin Perry may feel obliged to grant Baez' request to keep the case moving toward a May trial date.

Anthony was declared indigent in March. A state commission now doles out money for her defense.
Baez also asked for clarification on which travel expenses defense attorneys can be reimbursed for.
If I was JP I'd think long and hard about that expenditure. I mean Baez and goons used some of the investigators hours to hobble a near blackmail offense(imo) to get Judge Strickland to resign or as they like to say "dismissed". They show how underhanded they are on a regular basis, using the intimidating investigators to harangue TES volunteers is another example. It's like the mission is to defend casey by thrashing everybody in sight via the "investigator".
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #477 on: October 26, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »

Jessie Aaron Grund

Amen Curly
Amen again!  they deserve nothing. They've shown that they, time and again disregard court deadlines, procedure and ethics. Why should they expect any good will?  They haven't acted in good faith in any issue. Until JP enforces his authority firmly this will continue on every front.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #478 on: October 26, 2010, 10:14:53 PM »

Jessie Aaron Grund

Amen Curly
Amen again!  they deserve nothing. They've shown that they, time and again disregard court deadlines, procedure and ethics. Why should they expect any good will?  They haven't acted in good faith in any issue. Until JP enforces his authority firmly this will continue on every front.

how inept! and unprofessionel to behave in such a manner. I hope the state complains to the judge friday.
there is  no excuse for it
their behaviour is off the hook!!  bozo has done nothing right and has made a fool of himself. I have never and hope I never see an attorney act like this green behind the ears one!! doesnt seem like Mason is any better! what a role model he is!!

Loca
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #479 on: October 26, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »

Loca...yeah if Mason is supposed to be any mentor type at all for Baez, he's failing miserably. It was always the joke about it beiong like a circus but ......I've never seen anything like this either.  This will go down as one of the most mishandled cases in history. It's almost like FL. is afraid to call him on anything for fear of making themselves look bad for not following their initial ruling to deny him admittance into the bar, so he just runs like fox in a henhouse..and nobody stops him. I don't get it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.