June 03, 2024, 09:49:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #34 10/17/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 178249 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: November 03, 2010, 07:17:15 PM »

pdf of the actual filing today if anyone really wants to read it;

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/horman-motion.PDF

Thank you, FCL.

That's an interesting read.

Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: November 03, 2010, 07:17:52 PM »

OOPs here is that quote from KATU

Personal information at issue: "...Further, Petitioner chose to attach to his affidavit deeply personal text messages [WARNING: These texts contain explicit content] between Respondent and a mutual friend of the parties." As an aside, Terri's Nov. 2 filing of this document comes the same day that Blink on Crime, a site that looks into disappearance cases, raised questions about the sender and recipient of those messages. This new court filing seems to confirm both.

Actually novella, although I'm not saying I'm right, I had a different take on KATU's comment. When it said "This new court filing seems to confirm both", I took it to mean that despite questions raised on BOC, they think that the new filing seems to confirm both Sender and Recipient as being Terri and MC. Maybe they didn't quite get what Blink was referring to either.
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #722 on: November 03, 2010, 07:20:24 PM »

Personal information at issue: "...Further, Petitioner chose to attach to his affidavit deeply personal text messages [WARNING: These texts contain explicit content] between Respondent and a mutual friend of the parties." As an aside, Terri's Nov. 2 filing of this document comes the same day that Blink on Crime, a site that looks into disappearance cases, raised questions about the sender and recipient of those messages. This new court filing seems to confirm both.

Actually novella, although I'm not saying I'm right, I had a different take on KATU's comment. When it said "This new court filing seems to confirm both", I took it to mean that despite questions raised on BOC, they think that the new filing seems to confirm both Sender and Recipient as being Terri and MC. Maybe they didn't quite get what Blink was referring to either.

That could be now that I am rereading it.  Now I have to wonder what that last comment really means!!!
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: November 03, 2010, 07:22:39 PM »

Well my review of the filing was pretty clear.

Bunch is pissed he is not getting any discovery and ranting on and on about it.

Which has nothing to do with the divorce/parenting time BTW.

All Kaine has to do Friday is decline the offer and be done with it.  Let her

petition until KYRON comes home.  All respectfully JMO.
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #724 on: November 03, 2010, 07:25:06 PM »

I agree with your interpretation Scatty. Terri's attorneys are not disputing the validity of the texts. They are however doing everything they can to keep Terri from legal scrutiny by withdrawing the request for custody. I think whomever scrutinized the documents for Blink is confused with the sender/receiver verbiage used in the document and the corresponding phone numbers. I believe MC used his own phone and Terri used the phone on Kaine's account. I do not believe Kaine's attorney would allow evidence that has been tampered with in any way to be included in a legal response. Blink is doing her job in presenting all possibilities; however, in this instance I do not agree with her expert's interpretation of the document.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: November 03, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »

I would suggest you go over to BLINK and ask her if she thinks Terri is guilty of harming or allowing harm to Kyron. 

Well, Klaasend, I could do that but I do not think anyone's personal opinion of what they think happened or who they think is guilty really matters.  What matters is possible tampering with evidence that would be nice to use in a criminal trial.  And with KH listing that as his phone number that TH is sending sexts to MC...well that makes me go hmmmmm...and I have to wonder about that.  Now I don't wonder why because if my child was missing in such a manner...well who knows what I would do.  But this potentially will effect evidence...and that is what matters.

If you believe that Kaine gave MC a phone which I don't.
nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #726 on: November 03, 2010, 07:25:48 PM »

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #727 on: November 03, 2010, 07:27:56 PM »

Thank you, FCL.

I can't say I've ever seen a divorce in the middle of a criminal investigation where one is the "De Facto Suspect"  and attemping to plead the fifth.  New ground for sure but I am keeping the faith that Kyron will have his voice/day somewhere in the middle of this.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #728 on: November 03, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »

novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #729 on: November 03, 2010, 07:40:09 PM »

Darn...it is hard in this cage to keep an open mind.  I just keep going back to what LE said...“I think that there will be things that come out of this investigation that will surprise you. That you’ll think about later on after it’s over. These are things I will tell you, when you ask me about the stresses that my staff is under and the other detectives and agency representatives are under, is that we have a knowledge of things that we don’t want to know about. ... "We have knowledge of things we wished we didn't."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/103005759.html
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #730 on: November 03, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »

Thank you, FCL.

I can't say I've ever seen a divorce in the middle of a criminal investigation where one is the "De Facto Suspect"  and attemping to plead the fifth.  New ground for sure but I am keeping the faith that Kyron will have his voice/day somewhere in the middle of this.

There have been wrongful-death-type civil cases brought against suspects in criminal cases. Sometimes information brought forth in a civil case can help with the prosecution of a criminal case, and sometimes the prosecution requests that the civil case be postponed until after the criminal case in order to protect their evidence. The DA may be looking over the shoulder of Kaine's lawyer to ensure nothing is done to adversely affect a possible criminal case.

In a way this limits Kaine's lawyer, but as long as Terri refuses to talk about anything, her lawyer is also limited.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #731 on: November 03, 2010, 08:00:22 PM »

I agree with your interpretation Scatty. Terri's attorneys are not disputing the validity of the texts. They are however doing everything they can to keep Terri from legal scrutiny by withdrawing the request for custody. I think whomever scrutinized the documents for Blink is confused with the sender/receiver verbiage used in the document and the corresponding phone numbers. I believe MC used his own phone and Terri used the phone on Kaine's account. I do not believe Kaine's attorney would allow evidence that has been tampered with in any way to be included in a legal response. Blink is doing her job in presenting all possibilities; however, in this instance I do not agree with her expert's interpretation of the document.

I mostly agree with your assessment nicu. I think that Houze and Co. are trying to limit the damage. There's something else that Kaine has, or something in the records he wants to subpoena that contains information about TMH that her attorneys don't want released. So they are backing out. What they did get from Kaine was information that they already had, and already admitted their client had done. People seem to completely miss that point. The parties involved in the sexting was never in contention.

Where I disagree is that Blink is doing her job. I think she may be doing more damage because there is no way she is privvy to all the details of this case, nor is the attorney who wrote that blog. It's really not her job, nor anyone else's job, to get involved to the point where it's gone this week. If she has an opinion, or an issue, then the correct way to express it is straight up, in plain English. They have basically taken a miscomprehension on their part, and presented it as a fact, and now their posters have run rampant with it all over the internet, and now it's even leaked into mainstream media. I actually believe that to be irresponsible. If there actually was a serious issue that could ultimately harm the case against justice for Kyron....why not privately point that out to one of those "contacts" that are supposed to be available to BOC?

There's a lot of overstepping in this case. IMHO.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: November 03, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »

Thank you, FCL.

There have been wrongful-death-type civil cases brought against suspects in criminal cases. Sometimes information brought forth in a civil case can help with the prosecution of a criminal case, and sometimes the prosecution requests that the civil case be postponed until after the criminal case in order to protect their evidence. The DA may be looking over the shoulder of Kaine's lawyer to ensure nothing is done to adversely affect a possible criminal case.

In a way this limits Kaine's lawyer, but as long as Terri refuses to talk about anything, her lawyer is also limited.

Thank you Grey.  You broke that down in perfectly understandable way.  I forget about the DA's involvement on Kaine's side.  It gets confusing when all we really want is Kyron found.  I don't think we will hear a peep out of Terri sad to say.  I know she has rights also but I get so angry about Kyron's rights getting lost in the mess.

On another note I'm beginning to wonder what it could be that they do not want exposed via medical records and depositions regarding the parenting time?  She could plead the fifth all the way thru this right?  But the witnesses would testify and the records would be exposed right?  Well I'm guessing it would be the same witnesses as the GJ...right.  So they already have that info on her.  What could be worse?  Mental would be to her advantage I'd think?  IDK, something more to ponder. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: November 03, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »

The last page of texts turned into court, the last texted messaged shown is....

"I understand
I am upset about Kitty.
I didnt do"

And then nothing more. What is she saying in that last sentence? Has the entire text been released? Did the court censer the texts? I think something is said the public and media shouldn't see.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: November 03, 2010, 08:15:52 PM »

Geeze I just read that post over again - talk about leading....right? ; )
novella
Scared Monkey

« Reply #735 on: November 03, 2010, 08:25:14 PM »

Well, Thank You Monkeys for giving me more to think about!  It helps keep my mind occupied and I know that sounds crazy...but it does!  I am praying that Kyron, Zahra, Haleigh and all the other little missing beings are found soon. 
emeraldsky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #736 on: November 03, 2010, 08:26:40 PM »

Wow. If they don't want Terri looking guilty, those two lawyers are doing the exact opposite. EPIC FAIL.

The terri supporters must be in a TIZZY. How do they defend their precious angel Terri now? THEY CAN'T.

She's not fighting for her daughter. She just wanted it to look like she was. If this doesn't say who number 1 is in Terri's life, Terri, I don't know what could say it better. Wow, just wow.

This woman practically has "GUILTY" tattooed on her forehead, Jeebus. Just give it up, Terri! You're TOAST!
hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #737 on: November 03, 2010, 08:48:15 PM »

Wow. If they don't want Terri looking guilty, those two lawyers are doing the exact opposite. EPIC FAIL.

The terri supporters must be in a TIZZY. How do they defend their precious angel Terri now? THEY CAN'T.

She's not fighting for her daughter. She just wanted it to look like she was. If this doesn't say who number 1 is in Terri's life, Terri, I don't know what could say it better. Wow, just wow.

This woman practically has "GUILTY" tattooed on her forehead, Jeebus. Just give it up, Terri! You're TOAST!

ITA.

All they can do is keep up the charade that she is fighting to see the baby.

Out of court.  Sure.  Kaine will agree to that-NOT!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #738 on: November 03, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »

#
riverpearl says:
November 3, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Okay, legal eagles:
Is an “agreement w/o litigation” Houze speak for
“We got you KH on the sexts/phone #” & now “sign this divorce agreement or we will ‘outed’ you in court/public” ?

This almost seems like ‘a plea deal being offered” -or- is it just me ?

What is going on ? …”an agreement “suitable” to both parties” ?

Jmho questioning …

That is absolutely what I think.
B         Taken from Blink's site. How come the opinions are so completely different I wonder?  She feels there is some kind of agreement going on, will be interesting to see.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: November 03, 2010, 09:07:50 PM »

#
riverpearl says:
November 3, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Okay, legal eagles:
Is an “agreement w/o litigation” Houze speak for
“We got you KH on the sexts/phone #” & now “sign this divorce agreement or we will ‘outed’ you in court/public” ?

This almost seems like ‘a plea deal being offered” -or- is it just me ?

What is going on ? …”an agreement “suitable” to both parties” ?

Jmho questioning …

That is absolutely what I think.
B         Taken from Blink's site. How come the opinions are so completely different I wonder?  She feels there is some kind of agreement going on, will be interesting to see.

Because we are all human beings and often interpret the same information differently. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.