June 03, 2024, 09:05:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #34 10/17/10 - 11/11/10  (Read 178245 times)
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #780 on: November 04, 2010, 08:29:53 PM »

Hiya, neighbor! Any local scuttlebutt?

I don't think we locals know anything more than all of you here. We get the news just like all of you. I watch the new every day and there hasn't been anything beyond what has been said on the national level. It's sad, really. NOTHING about KYRON at all! 
If I didn't have signs on my car at work I don't think anyone would ask me questions about what I think is going on with the case. The signs provoke questions and that is part of my goal. We need to keep his face out there somehow! One lady even asked me of any news while we were stopped at a light!
Sorry this is so long. 

Thanks for replying, wantkyhome.

It is frustrating with not hearing any updated news, but hopefully LE is making progress.

Maybe some of Terri's friends and supporters are beginning to realize more about her and will come forward with information. It is time for them to stop playing games and get involved.

I am like others except that this case is very close to home and heart.  LE stopped showing up at my house and I am kind of surprised that I was not subpoenaed for the GJ.
My small children are deeply affected by this case.  They have many questions, most of which I will never be able to answer.
The past few weeks school staff is very tight lipped, probably in response to LE/PPS instructions.  I wait until the dust settles and all the ducks are lined up.  I try to be patient and somehow accept the reality of what might have happened to Ky.

Special hugs to you and your children. It is difficult for adults who want answers, and it must be terrifying for children with or without answers.

My mind accepted a certainly reality of this about the time of the second search of the school grounds and surrounding area. My heart hopes for a better outcome.

No scuttlebutt means no news or leaks, real or imagined. One has to give LE and those in the area credit for keeping a tight rein on the investigation.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

hellokitty
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #781 on: November 04, 2010, 08:31:18 PM »

If the divorce wasn't out there and the sexting, Kyron would have faded out of people's minds.
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #782 on: November 04, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »

If the divorce wasn't out there and the sexting, Kyron would have faded out of people's minds.

I have no problem with the divorce being a reason for Kyron to be in the news. With no recent updates on the investigation, the divorce fills the void. My interest in the divorce is how it affects the investigation and the safety of Kiara.

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: November 04, 2010, 08:44:47 PM »

ita. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #784 on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: November 04, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »

That's beautiful Brandi!  Thank you for that.

I have a goofy little nephew exactly Kyron's age.  He also wears glasses. God luv them.  I don't know what I would do if somebody did something to my little buddy.   
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #786 on: November 04, 2010, 09:10:33 PM »

ita. 

I also agree.

O/T, FCL, re Klaas earlier "oops"...my fat lurks too...here is a feel better, aren't you glad that is not you?

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #787 on: November 04, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »

Beautiful Brandi!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #788 on: November 04, 2010, 09:38:27 PM »

Well I am sick of the divorce and all of the drama surrounding it. There are plenty of ways to fill the void then the latest episode of divorce court brought to you by the Horman family. However, it doesn't surprise me that people disagree with me.
Today marks month 5 of Kyron being missing. What is happening in the area to raise awareness that he is still missing? Has any locals seen any interviews with the family?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: November 04, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »

Well I am sick of the divorce and all of the drama surrounding it. There are plenty of ways to fill the void then the latest episode of divorce court brought to you by the Horman family. However, it doesn't surprise me that people disagree with me.
Today marks month 5 of Kyron being missing. What is happening in the area to raise awareness that he is still missing? Has any locals seen any interviews with the family?

I agree that Desiree and Kaine need to get back in front of the cameras and plead Kyron's case.  If they don't keep his face in the news people that don't normally follow these cases will forget. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: November 04, 2010, 09:46:52 PM »

Beautiful Brandi!

Thank you, Klaas.

I wish we knew where he is.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #791 on: November 04, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »

I agree that Desiree and Kaine need to get back in front of the cameras and plead Kyron's case.  If they don't keep his face in the news people that don't normally follow these cases will forget. 

Or people will simply tune out, not wanting to hear about a dirty divorce. If the family is not able to be in the spot light now, then maybe a family spokes person. The focus needs to be Kyron, imo

Pressure needs to stay on LE. I am not content with assuming they are still investigating. I think this case needs a bit of transparency.
I have read way to many stories of mistakes and oversights LE has made in these types of cases to feel assured this one is different. This one seems more complicated then some of the others, that worries me. imo
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #792 on: November 04, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »

Tracygirl,

I understand and respect your opinion, but it is very apparent to me (I live/work in Oregon/Washington) that while I cannot stop thinking about Kyron, other people stopped thinking about this case a long time ago.  The gossip resulting from the divorce case is theonly thing keeping Kyron in the news. Sad  And sadly when there is a fundraiser, I feel like it gets mixed responses from people.   

Living in this area, I don't think we see anything more than you do.  Anything from the local media ends up on the net.  I wish there was more. 
Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #793 on: November 04, 2010, 10:01:52 PM »

They did a Halloween fundraiser and they have a Christmas one scheduled for the end of November. Maybe the media are not doing interviews and reports at the fundraisers but find the divorce sells better. It must be difficult to have a press conference with no updates, just more pleading for info.

Hope the following image comes through.

Grey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #794 on: November 04, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »

Uh, don't read or watch anything about the divorce if it bothers you so much. Kaine and his lawyer have not been contacting the media to give interviews about the divorce. Vent at the media about their choices of news coverage.

The divorce news did get Kyron's photo and story, though brief, in People Magazine recently. That's a coup.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20439180,00.html

Being able to get on Oprah, Dateline, etc., were excellent ways to get publicity, and not everyone can easily get on national shows. Kaine and Desiree have certainly made many efforts to get out the news about Kyron.

The family have been doing great media interviews, but they cannot be expected to be in the news constantly when there is nothing new to offer.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #795 on: November 04, 2010, 10:29:16 PM »

They did a Halloween fundraiser and they have a Christmas one scheduled for the end of November. Maybe the media are not doing interviews and reports at the fundraisers but find the divorce sells better. It must be difficult to have a press conference with no updates, just more pleading for info.

Hope the following image comes through.

I am glad they have and are planning to have these events, thats great!
They don't need to have a press conference to keep Kyron alive in the press. Have a vigil, release video or pics of past holidays, trick of treating, thanksgiving time, visits with Santa.. Release a letter to Kyron....talk about his favorite things, just talk, talk, talk....I am sure it is not difficult to pull at the heart strings of the public on this. The today show seems to be activily having families on the show. Have they been on NG or JVM, I really don't activily watch the shows so don't know. There are so many things families have tried and did to keep the name in the media. Not because they wanted to or it was easy for them, but because they had to.

BTW, have they hired a PI to investigate? 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #796 on: November 04, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »

Uh, don't read or watch anything about the divorce if it bothers you so much. Kaine and his lawyer have not been contacting the media to give interviews about the divorce. Vent at the media about their choices of news coverage.

The divorce news did get Kyron's photo and story, though brief, in People Magazine recently. That's a coup.

Being able to get on Oprah, Dateline, etc., were excellent ways to get publicity, and not everyone can easily get on national shows. Kaine and Desiree have certainly made many efforts to get out the news about Kyron.

The family have been doing great media interviews, but they cannot be expected to be in the news constantly when there is nothing new to offer.

Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #797 on: November 05, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »

I am so tired of reading about Terri and Kaine's divorce...

Where is Kyron? It has been 5 months and he is no closer to be found.
Me too, it is old and tiresome and with all this Kyron has been lost.

I have to agree.  However, I understand why people are talking about the divorce.  It is the only current thing even having to do with Kyron.  We are all waiting for news about Kyron.  Where are you, Kyron?

The only way they are going to get any more news about Kyron is if they hold Terri's feet to the fire or if someone stumbles across him by accident.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #798 on: November 05, 2010, 10:17:58 AM »

How can we not read anything about the divorce, most of us come in this thread to just check if there is anything new on Kyron. And for awhile now there is nothing new on Kyron, just divorce news. 
wantkyhome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #799 on: November 05, 2010, 11:25:36 AM »

JUST A REMINDER!
TIME CHANGE SUNDAY NOV 7TH AT 2AM - FALLS BACK TO 1AM!
(let me know if I've reminded all of you enough lol)

We like to reserve red and maroon for moderators so people know when the moderators need attention.  TIA

Also probably best to post reminders in Musings
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:00:18 PM by klaasend » Logged

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.