May 23, 2024, 01:59:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #5 10/28/10 - 11/4/10  (Read 174616 times)
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #840 on: November 03, 2010, 11:45:26 PM »

Hello Dear Monkeys.  I have been following along silently with you during this case.  My heart has been breaking each day for Zahra just like all of you.  Sister, your prayer was beautiful.  I am a singer, so music is the way I express myself in times such as these.  In light of the events unfolding tonight I would like to post this beautiful song by Josh Groban.  This is one I wish all the little ones could hear who are out there lost.  I'm sure Zahra would join the chorus.  I do hope they are close to bringing Sweet Zahra with the heart of gold home.  She will be in all of our hearts forever, so she will never be alone again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU&ob=av2n
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #841 on: November 03, 2010, 11:48:03 PM »

New video with a boy who was Zahra's dance partner (she could do the twist on one leg).  He met her at the American Legion and he wrote letters to her. Zahra wrote letters back that EB and Gothmonster never sent.  This poor boy was interviewed by the FBI as they found the letters that Zahra wrote.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637
faith1109
Scared Monkey

You are loved. Don't give up!

« Reply #842 on: November 03, 2010, 11:50:23 PM »

Zahra. Something that we read about in your soul and spirit has touched us all. Your courage and bravery in all you faced in your life cut short has made us weep tears for you. I know that you are in a place where there is no more pain and suffering. Any one of us would have taken you in and loved you and cared for you. Your Mama didn't know and she never stopped loving you. I wish comfort and peace to Zahra's Mother.
I was outside looking at the stars and I imagined that you were now a star in the Southern Cross. Peace be with the Spirit of Zahra.

There should be a new star with that name !  So beautiful!  The Spirit of Zahra...................
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #843 on: November 03, 2010, 11:52:21 PM »

Hello Dear Monkeys.  I have been following along silently with you during this case.  My heart has been breaking each day for Zahra just like all of you.  Sister, your prayer was beautiful.  I am a singer, so music is the way I express myself in times such as these.  In light of the events unfolding tonight I would like to post this beautiful song by Josh Groban.  This is one I wish all the little ones could hear who are out there lost.  I'm sure Zahra would join the chorus.  I do hope they are close to bringing Sweet Zahra with the heart of gold home.  She will be in all of our hearts forever, so she will never be alone again...

Faith, what a beautiful song, I had not heard it before.  Thank you so very much for sharing this -- simply awesome!

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #844 on: November 03, 2010, 11:56:33 PM »

Bone recovered in Zahra Baker case
Police plan to send the bone to the medical examiner's office for testing.

HUDSON --
Hickory police recovered a bone Wednesday that may be connected to the Zahra Baker case.

Police would not confirm where the bone was recovered other than saying it was in Caldwell County. However, they spent the majority of the day searching along Christie Road, off Pine Mountain Road. Christie Road is the same area that Zahra Baker's prosthetic leg was found last week.

Deal would not comment on what part of the body the bone appears to be from.

Investigators with the SBI, Hickory Police Department and the Caldwell County Sheriff's Office arrived at Christie Road at about 9 a.m. Wednesday. During their search, they even siphoned water from a pond and drained it, but did not recover anything in there, said Maj. Clyde Deal with the Hickory Police Department.

The bone will now be sent to the medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill for testing. After those tests are completed, if it's determined the bone is connected to the Zahra Baker case, it will go to the SBI lab in Raleigh for additional tests, according to the Hickory Police Department.

Deal said investigators are not necessarily finished with the area.

"We are going back until we're satisfied we've recovered everything," he said.

The sheriff’s office blocked off Christie Road while it was conducting its search. After the bone was discovered, that changed the nature of the investigation along the roadway, said B.J. Fore, public information officer for the sheriff’s office.

“It’s a crime scene now,” he said.

The roadblocks will be left up over night Wednesday, and will remain up Thursday, when investigators return to the scene to continue the search, Fore said.

With previous searches, the roadblocks were removed once investigators had completed their searches — even on Oct. 26, when Zahra Clare Baker’s prosthetic leg was found.

Zahra, age 10, has been missing for nearly a month and Hickory police, in conjunction with several other agencies, have worked avidly to find her. She was first reported missing by her father, Adam Baker, on Oct. 9. On Oct. 12, that was changed to a homicide investigation. Someone outside of the family last saw Zahra on Sept. 25 at a furniture store in Hickory. Elisa, 42, is currently in jail for writing a false ransom note in which she demanded $1 million. Elisa has been indicted on one count of felony obstruction of justice. She has also been arrested on several other charges unrelated to Zahra’s disappearance. Adam was arrested as well, for several charges unrelated to the case. He has since bonded out of jail.

Several areas have been searched for Zahra or for evidence in connection with her disappearance, including a landfill in Caldwell County, several former rental properties or sites near where the Bakers once lived in Caldwell County, their Hickory home and Adam Baker’s employer, Real Tree Services in Morganton.

Christie Road is only a few miles from where Elisa used to live.

While investigators were combing Christie Road, people continued to trickle by the Baker home in Hickory on 21st Avenue, NW, leaving more items for Zahra. More and more angel figurines have appeared in the tree where the shrine is, as well. Mainly glass or porcelain, the 10 angels sway in the breeze, looking down on the photos, stuffed animals, pink princess wands, balloons, candy, hand-written cards and poems and other trinkets left for the child the community has rallied around.

The Spiritual Counseling Network created the Zahra Baker Fund. Many people questioned the legitimacy of it and on Wednesday, it issued a statement saying it is suspending its fundraising efforts.

The Spiritual Counseling Network’s statement blamed the media for the “false accusations and lies,” as well as for the resulting threats it has received from members of the community. It said its “efforts were totally sincere and genuine.”

The Spiritual Counseling Network has raised $712.29. Once Zahra is found, that money will be used to cover the expenses related to Zahra’s funeral or memorial, or to aid in transporting her body back to Australia. If no assistance is needed, the money will go to a non-profit organization that educates the public against child abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/03/11/bone-recovered-zahra-baker-case-ar-508596/
crazybabyborg
« Reply #845 on: November 03, 2010, 11:57:34 PM »

Hi Faith! I'm glad you decided to join in the posting and thank you for sharing such a beautiful song with us!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: November 04, 2010, 12:01:42 AM »

New video with a boy who was Zahra's dance partner (she could do the twist on one leg).  He met her at the American Legion and he wrote letters to her. Zahra wrote letters back that EB and Gothmonster never sent.  This poor boy was interviewed by the FBI as they found the letters that Zahra wrote.

Northern
  - I'm not seeing anything like that at the link? 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #847 on: November 04, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »

Zahra. Something that we read about in your soul and spirit has touched us all. Your courage and bravery in all you faced in your life cut short has made us weep tears for you. I know that you are in a place where there is no more pain and suffering. Any one of us would have taken you in and loved you and cared for you. Your Mama didn't know and she never stopped loving you. I wish comfort and peace to Zahra's Mother.
I was outside looking at the stars and I imagined that you were now a star in the Southern Cross. Peace be with the Spirit of Zahra.

KatGram, I was looking at the stars too!  I find such comfort in the night sky.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: November 04, 2010, 12:13:39 AM »

Northern
It's the video box top right of page, at least on my pc it is    The still image on the vdeo is the boy standing at the memorial in the dark.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: November 04, 2010, 12:21:00 AM »

Northern
It's the video box top right of page, at least on my pc it is    The still image on the vdeo is the boy standing at the memorial in the dark.

OH I saw that, OK, I'll check...thanks
crazybabyborg
« Reply #850 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »

Thanks, NR. That is so sad! Why wouldn't they have let her "pen pal" with that boy? Oh, geeeez, what am I saying? Why did they do a lot of things, much worse than that!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #851 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22:06 AM »

Northern
Northern, now I see it.  How sensitive little Jonathan is . . . what a sweet dance partner and friend.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: November 04, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »

Creation by: CBB

Just had to bump this CBB -- it is beautiful.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #853 on: November 04, 2010, 12:26:36 AM »

Northern

It's there, NR. I missed it too, at first. 

BTW, I replied to your post here:   http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8886.20

crazybabyborg
« Reply #854 on: November 04, 2010, 12:30:24 AM »

Hi Sister! Thanks. I'm sure Zahra has crossed that bridge with her Angel, and that she's more joyful than she could ever have imagined!

It's up to us to seek justice for her, the best we can! I do believe this case will see resolution; Soon, I hope!
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: November 04, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »

Hi Sister! Thanks. I'm sure Zahra has crossed that bridge with her Angel, and that she's more joyful than she could ever have imagined!

It's up to us to seek justice for her, the best we can! I do believe this case will see resolution; Soon, I hope!

CBB, I agree.  In my mind's eye I see Sandra Cantu teaching her how to skip.  The thought brings a smile to my spirit.  The video of Sandra skipping touched me so deeply.  I loved to skip when I was a little girl, so carefree and delighted with each day.  Yes, Sandra is a good skipper and it won't take long for Zahra to be skipping too!  Can't you just see them?

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: November 04, 2010, 12:46:21 AM »

Northern

It's there, NR. I missed it too, at first. 

BTW, I replied to your post here:   http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=8886.20

Thanks   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: November 04, 2010, 12:48:54 AM »

CBB, I agree.  In my mind's eye I see Sandra Cantu teaching her how to skip.  The thought brings a smile to my spirit.  The video of Sandra skipping touched me so deeply.  I loved to skip when I was a little girl, so carefree and delighted with each day.  Yes, Sandra is a good skipper and it won't take long for Zahra to be skipping too!  Can't you just see them?

I can  an angelic monkey
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: November 04, 2010, 01:07:14 AM »

Bone found in search for Zahra Baker
It's being checked to see if it could belong to the missing girl.

After a nearly monthlong search for a missing Hickory girl, police said Wednesday they have discovered a bone that might belong to Zahra Baker.

Search teams found the bone in Caldwell County where police have focused the investigation in recent days, but police wouldn't say exactly where the discovery was made or describe the bone.

Authorities sent it to the N.C. Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for inspection. They said if the agency determines the bone might be Zahra's, they will turn it over to the State Bureau of Investigation for lab tests.

Also Wednesday, searchers drained a pond near Christie Road in Caldwell County, where they recently found a prosthetic leg that belonged to Zahra. Clyde Deal, deputy chief for the Hickory Police Department, said police drained the pond because "we want to be thorough," but it's unclear whether anything was found.

The 10-year-old girl, who is hearing-impaired and had her left leg amputated due to bone cancer, has drawn worldwide attention since she was reported missing Oct. 9.

No one has been charged in Zahra's disappearance, but her stepmother and father were arrested on other charges.

Elisa Baker was charged with obstruction of justice after police say she admitted writing a phony ransom note to throw off the investigation into the missing girl.

Adam Baker was arrested Oct. 25 and later released on bond for multiple charges, including writing worthless checks and assault with a deadly weapon.

On Wednesday, Deal downplayed the significance of two letters a crime memorabilia website owner claims he received from Elisa Baker in jail.

The letters, which became public on Tuesday and have not been authenticated by police, say Zahra is dead and her husband did something "horrifying" to the girl after she died.

Deal said police decided not to send the letters to a handwriting expert so they could focus on the Caldwell County search.

He previously had said police planned to compare the letters with other samples of Elisa Baker's writing.

"It looks like we made the right choice," Deal said. "There are things more important" than the letters.
Attorneys for Adam and Elisa Baker could not be reached for comment

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/11/04/1809922/bone-found-in-search-for-zahra.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: November 04, 2010, 01:10:11 AM »

“It’s a crime scene now,” he said.

The roadblocks will be left up over night Wednesday, and will remain up Thursday, when investigators return to the scene to continue the search, Fore said.

With previous searches, the roadblocks were removed once investigators had completed their searches — even on Oct. 26, when Zahra Clare Baker’s prosthetic leg was found.

I am confused why when they found the prosthetic is was not a crime scene and now it is?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.