May 23, 2024, 03:09:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #5 10/28/10 - 11/4/10  (Read 174619 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: November 01, 2010, 02:56:54 PM »

Self Edit

regardings s/b regards

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #361 on: November 01, 2010, 02:57:48 PM »

If Elise and Adam are responsible for the child's death, they should be publicly execution on TV like Gary Gilmore.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: November 01, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »

Minor charge on Elisa has still not started. See new video of her at 5 on WCNC.

http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #363 on: November 01, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »

Now that I don't know how long DT's take for meth or crack.

no rose

My brother is an alcoholic who has not had a drink for about eight years.  Even with the passage of time ... he claims the craving is still there.  However ... when he first entered recovery ... he shared that he would have sold his soul for just one drink.

Could investigators not use Elisa's addiction to an advantage in regardings to the truth encompassing the disappearance of Zahra?

Janet

First - we are dealing with drugs - not booze. Drug addicts are much more likely to do something violent to get drugs than a drunk will to get booze. DTs are ONLY with booze - not drugs. The average withdrawal from drugs is much longer than booze. Drugs effect the dopamine receptors that take longer to recover. She is probably having withdrawal. My suspicion is that she was a tweaker (meth). She is having the bugs crawling under her skin withdrawal that is common with meth withdrawal.

This is MOO with more than a few years of sobriety from booze and work with quite a few druggies. And Janet, I feel bad for your brother. I have not fought the craving since shortly after I quit with the help of the 12 steps and God.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #364 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:02 PM »

Re DT for Meth...
Watching daughter who has been clean approx 2 years...it never ends as far as craving, sometimes symptoms...God's mercy and her boys what saved her . I thank God every day that we did not lose her or her boys and grateful he helped us to help her before it was too late.

It is a continuing battle...for those who wish to be clean, I do not see this desire in Evilesa.

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:11 PM »

Hickory PD confirming prosthetic leg found last week in Caldwell COunty was Zahra's.     1 minute ago  via Twitter for BlackBerry® 

http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:29 PM »

I fear Zahra, like Haleigh, will never be found..........it seems like something other than her prosthesis should have been found....some trace of something

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #367 on: November 01, 2010, 03:48:44 PM »

no rose

My brother is an alcoholic who has not had a drink for about eight years.  Even with the passage of time ... he claims the craving is still there.  However ... when he first entered recovery ... he shared that he would have sold his soul for just one drink.

Could investigators not use Elisa's addiction to an advantage in regardings to the truth encompassing the disappearance of Zahra?

Janet

Her lawyer sure could and probably will.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #368 on: November 01, 2010, 03:49:55 PM »

no rose

Janet

First - we are dealing with drugs - not booze. Drug addicts are much more likely to do something violent to get drugs than a drunk will to get booze. DTs are ONLY with booze - not drugs. The average withdrawal from drugs is much longer than booze. Drugs effect the dopamine receptors that take longer to recover. She is probably having withdrawal. My suspicion is that she was a tweaker (meth). She is having the bugs crawling under her skin withdrawal that is common with meth withdrawal.

This is MOO with more than a few years of sobriety from booze and work with quite a few druggies. And Janet, I feel bad for your brother. I have not fought the craving since shortly after I quit with the help of the 12 steps and God.

an angelic monkey  Very difficult to do.
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: November 01, 2010, 03:50:54 PM »

I fear Zahra, like Haleigh, will never be found..........it seems like something other than her prosthesis should have been found....some trace of something

Just had a though... just one. Very Happy

Why dispose of the leg away from the body? Shouldn't it make sense that if she was disposed of in the chipper they could've done the same with the leg?

If they disposed of her in the garbage, why not the leg?

If they burned her, why not the leg?

Would it be because the leg would float?

nicubird
Scared Monkey

« Reply #370 on: November 01, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »

Why dispose of the leg away from the body? Shouldn't it make sense that if she was disposed of in the chipper they could've done the same with the leg?

I believe the core of the leg is titanium which would destroy a wood chipper and would not burn. I'm not sure about floating.

It is so difficult to think about this case in the same way that the perpetrators did. That thought process would require a 3 day meth bender and an IQ of about 60.

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places" ~Hemmingway~
ScareyCarrie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: November 01, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »

The leg would tear up a chipper, would not burn, you couldnt get a fire hot enough to burn metal especially if it was titanium, and i dont suspect the leg would float...
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: November 01, 2010, 03:59:30 PM »

Police confirm prosthetic leg belonged to missing girl

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Investigators have confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is in fact the left prosthesis of Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted matched the serial number on the leg.  A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis.   

The stepmother of Zahra Baker is expected to appear in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance.

Elisa Baker will appear in Burke County court for a probable cause hearing on the larceny charge at 2 p.m.  She is being held in the Catawba County Jail on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of her missing 10-year-old stepdaughter, Zahra.

MORE....

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: November 01, 2010, 04:01:56 PM »

Thanks.

I guess I was wrong on all three.

Maybe next time I get a thought (who knows when that will be) I will at least get some part of it right.

Very Happy

Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: November 01, 2010, 04:12:59 PM »

Though... does anyone has a link to explain that her leg had titanium in it?

I had been reading and most materials used are plastics and carbon fiber, thought it may have metal, specially at the joint. Just guessing.

In recent years there have been significant advancements in artificial limbs. New plastics and other materials, such as carbon fiber, have allowed artificial limbs to be stronger and lighter, limiting the amount of extra energy necessary to operate the limb. This is especially important for transfemoral amputees. Additional materials have allowed artificial limbs to look much more realistic, which is important to transradial and transhumeral amputees because they are more likely to have the artificial limb exposed.[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosthesis

Knowing that her family had been in public aid, maybe on public health care (as the mother suggested on her quoted statements posted here this morning)... I guess Zahra got the cheap type of prosthesis. Again, guessing.

Smile
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: November 01, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »

no rose

Janet

an angelic monkey

The cravings no longer consumes my brother's life but ... there are triggers that cry out for a cold beer.  Working in the yard on a hot summer day is one.  Another trigger is Chinese Food.

My brother also gives thanks to God and ... to the 12 step program for his present lot in life.  This year he celebrated his 40th anniversary to his teenage sweetheart.  He has reconciled relationships with two fine sons and ... is a proud grandpa three times over who is enjoying the journey.

Could it be that Eliza is so desperate for a fix of whatever she is addicted to at this point in time that she would reveal all regarding the disappearance of Zahra if she thought for one minute that craving could be satisfied?

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: November 01, 2010, 04:17:05 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete post 375.  I messed up.

Thanks

Janet

_____

Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #377 on: November 01, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »

My beloved nephew is an addict.  He has used since age 8. I cannot imagine a drug he has not tried.  He is now 31.   For the past six years or so, his drug of choice has been crack.  He is currently incarcerated...AGAIN.

I have witnessed my boy strip naked and pour water on himself until the water came through the ceiling.   He has run naked down the street.   His nightmare is he is on fire.   He bounces off the walls, breaking the light switches, etc.

After a few uses, he is paranoid....I will not even attempt to tell you how bad that gets.  Once he starts, there is no stopping him.  I have seen my boy leave my home, find him a week later and he looks like the mentally ill homeless men SHUFFLING down the street. 
He has been drug behind a car leaving one holy mess of his body.

What I know is this...crack effects people differently.  Not all have the horrendous hallucinations, etc. 
My boy has a significant history of car theft that generally ends in high speed chases.  He knows he cannot win, but the drugs drive him. 
There is no one my boy would not steal from or betray. 

If crack is involved with the Bakers, there is NOTHING they will not do when high and nothing they will not do to get more drug.  I belond to several crack recovery support groups ( for families and friends ).  We all have the same story. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: November 01, 2010, 04:23:42 PM »

HICKORY --
Investigators confirmed  today that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is the left prosthesis of Zahra Baker.

Medical records obtained from Australia where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted match the serial number on the leg.

A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis, according to the Hickory Police Department.

Crime scene investigators from the police department and the State Bureau of Investigation continue to search the family home at 21 21st Ave., NW, for additional evidence related to the 10-year-old girl’s disappearance.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2010, 04:24:06 PM »

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/01/investigators-confirm-prosthesis-belongs-zahra-ar-501906/

Link for the article above.  Sorry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.