May 28, 2024, 02:05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zahra Clare Baker #5 10/28/10 - 11/4/10  (Read 174790 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #380 on: November 01, 2010, 04:49:54 PM »

Police confirm prosthetic leg belonged to missing girl

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Investigators have confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is in fact the left prosthesis of Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted matched the serial number on the leg.  A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis.   

Also on Monday, Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Baker, was indicted by a Grand Jury on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of her missing 10-year-old stepdaughter.

Elisa Baker appeared in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance.  No word yet on what transpired there.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

crazybabyborg
« Reply #381 on: November 01, 2010, 04:55:58 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete post 375.  I messed up.

Thanks

Janet

Okie Dokie, Janet!  You'll never ask again, right?   
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: November 01, 2010, 05:02:17 PM »

If the wicked witch has been cooperating with the cops, why are they indicting her for obstruction? Because she's not telling what they did to Zahra's body?
Why is Adam Baker still prancing around free?
He should be back behind bars.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: November 01, 2010, 05:07:41 PM »

If the wicked witch has been cooperating with the cops, why are they indicting her for obstruction? Because she's not telling what they did to Zahra's body?

The obstruction charge is for the ransom note she forged.

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #384 on: November 01, 2010, 05:11:19 PM »

Though... does anyone has a link to explain that her leg had titanium in it?

I had been reading and most materials used are plastics and carbon fiber, thought it may have metal, specially at the joint. Just guessing.

In recent years there have been significant advancements in artificial limbs. New plastics and other materials, such as carbon fiber, have allowed artificial limbs to be stronger and lighter, limiting the amount of extra energy necessary to operate the limb. This is especially important for transfemoral amputees. Additional materials have allowed artificial limbs to look much more realistic, which is important to transradial and transhumeral amputees because they are more likely to have the artificial limb exposed.[19]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosthesis

Knowing that her family had been in public aid, maybe on public health care (as the mother suggested on her quoted statements posted here this morning)... I guess Zahra got the cheap type of prosthesis. Again, guessing.

Smile

Itaryl, you have to keep remembering that Australia is a lot different than the US. They have national health there, everyone is covered. And if they are like England, which I think they are, every child gets an allowance automatically. I have a very good friend from England. They owned two Pubs before coming to the states and their son got a government allowance and everyone got free health care. She really got a shock when they came over here.

2 4 1
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #385 on: November 01, 2010, 05:39:14 PM »

Now that I don't know how long DT's take for meth or crack.

no rose

My brother is an alcoholic who has not had a drink for about eight years.  Even with the passage of time ... he claims the craving is still there.  However ... when he first entered recovery ... he shared that he would have sold his soul for just one drink.

Could investigators not use Elisa's addiction to an advantage in regardings to the truth encompassing the disappearance of Zahra?

Janet

Congratulations to your brother for staying sober for 8 years! that is wondeful Janet.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2010, 05:43:23 PM »

I fear Zahra, like Haleigh, will never be found..........it seems like something other than her prosthesis should have been found....some trace of something

Just had a though... just one. Very Happy

Why dispose of the leg away from the body? Shouldn't it make sense that if she was disposed of in the chipper they could've done the same with the leg?

If they disposed of her in the garbage, why not the leg?

If they burned her, why not the leg?

Would it be because the leg would float?

Wow good thinking. I have been scratching my head over the questions you asked but never thought about the floating aspect. Why didn't they just bury it though so it could not be found? Do you think perhaps they wanted to have the leg found?
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #387 on: November 01, 2010, 05:45:46 PM »

Thanks.

I guess I was wrong on all three.

Maybe next time I get a thought (who knows when that will be) I will at least get some part of it right.

Very Happy

Well I still say it was a great thought. We are not always going to hit homeruns, sometimes just showing up to the game helps the team. You did good.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #388 on: November 01, 2010, 05:51:18 PM »

My beloved nephew is an addict.  He has used since age 8. I cannot imagine a drug he has not tried.  He is now 31.   For the past six years or so, his drug of choice has been crack.  He is currently incarcerated...AGAIN.

I have witnessed my boy strip naked and pour water on himself until the water came through the ceiling.   He has run naked down the street.   His nightmare is he is on fire.   He bounces off the walls, breaking the light switches, etc.

After a few uses, he is paranoid....I will not even attempt to tell you how bad that gets.  Once he starts, there is no stopping him.  I have seen my boy leave my home, find him a week later and he looks like the mentally ill homeless men SHUFFLING down the street. 
He has been drug behind a car leaving one holy mess of his body.

What I know is this...crack effects people differently.  Not all have the horrendous hallucinations, etc. 
My boy has a significant history of car theft that generally ends in high speed chases.  He knows he cannot win, but the drugs drive him. 
There is no one my boy would not steal from or betray. 

If crack is involved with the Bakers, there is NOTHING they will not do when high and nothing they will not do to get more drug.  I belond to several crack recovery support groups ( for families and friends ).  We all have the same story. 

Oh gosh Terri your post made me cry for you. I am so sorry, it must be so painful to watch somebody you love go through this. I can honestly say, I hate drugs and alcohol. So many lives have been ruined because of them. Such a waste in my opinion.
Prayers to you for your continued strength
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #389 on: November 01, 2010, 05:58:52 PM »

My beloved nephew is an addict.  He has used since age 8. I cannot imagine a drug he has not tried.  He is now 31.   For the past six years or so, his drug of choice has been crack.  He is currently incarcerated...AGAIN.

I have witnessed my boy strip naked and pour water on himself until the water came through the ceiling.   He has run naked down the street.   His nightmare is he is on fire.   He bounces off the walls, breaking the light switches, etc.

After a few uses, he is paranoid....I will not even attempt to tell you how bad that gets.  Once he starts, there is no stopping him.  I have seen my boy leave my home, find him a week later and he looks like the mentally ill homeless men SHUFFLING down the street. 
He has been drug behind a car leaving one holy mess of his body.

What I know is this...crack effects people differently.  Not all have the horrendous hallucinations, etc. 
My boy has a significant history of car theft that generally ends in high speed chases.  He knows he cannot win, but the drugs drive him. 
There is no one my boy would not steal from or betray. 

If crack is involved with the Bakers, there is NOTHING they will not do when high and nothing they will not do to get more drug.  I belond to several crack recovery support groups ( for families and friends ).  We all have the same story. 

Oh gosh Terri your post made me cry for you. I am so sorry, it must be so painful to watch somebody you love go through this. I can honestly say, I hate drugs and alcohol. So many lives have been ruined because of them. Such a waste in my opinion.
Prayers to you for your continued strength
an angelic monkey So very sad, and I so agree with what you sad about the Bakers and would do anything when high, and do anything to get more drugs. I'm sure the plan they put together made perfect sense to them 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #390 on: November 01, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete post 375.  I messed up.

Thanks

Janet

Okie Dokie, Janet!  You'll never ask again, right?   

Cross my heart and ... my fingers.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #391 on: November 01, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »

5:30 update video from wsoctv.

The work they are doing this week has nothing to do with information obtained from either EB or AB. They have not talked to EB since they took her on the field trip last week. They have not talked to AB since he was released from jail.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25597830/index.html

Shows them taking equipment in to remove pieces of wall in the house.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #392 on: November 01, 2010, 06:26:59 PM »

The obstruction charge is for the ransom note she forged.

Thanks, Brandi.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
luvmyboys
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #393 on: November 01, 2010, 06:38:46 PM »

I just saw on my FB. Breaking news stepmom gets indicted. Sorry if u guys already no
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: November 01, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »

I just saw on my FB. Breaking news stepmom gets indicted. Sorry if u guys already no

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #395 on: November 01, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »

In Catawba County, a grand jury indicted the girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, on a felony count of obstruction of justice.

The charge stems from a fake ransom note Elisa Baker allegedly wrote to confuse investigators back on October 9th when Zahra was first reported missing.

As the grand jury was hearing evidence, Elisa Baker was in court in Morganton in Burke County on an unrelated charge.

That charge involved theft of a quantity of money and it was dropped when prosecutors could not produce enough evidence against her.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Step-Mother-of-Missing-Hickory-Girl--106478488.html

So the larceny charge was dropped.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Step-Mother...106478488.html

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #396 on: November 01, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »

5:30 update video from wsoctv.

The work they are doing this week has nothing to do with information obtained from either EB or AB. They have not talked to EB since they took her on the field trip last week. They have not talked to AB since he was released from jail.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25597830/index.html

Shows them taking equipment in to remove pieces of wall in the house.

Wow. At the end they are bringing plywood in so wondering if it is outside walls, possibly ceiling or even floors they are ripping apart?  I am not sure they would bring in plywood unless for their own safety so really leaning on flooring and that crawlspace under the house IMO.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: November 01, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »

Police say prosthetic leg is Zahra's; Stepmom indicted on obstruction charge

HICKORY, NC (WBTV) - Investigators have confirmed that the prosthetic leg discovered last Wednesday off Christie Road in Caldwell County is, in fact, the one belonging to missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Hickory Police Department said on Monday that medical records obtained from Australia, where the prosthetic leg was originally fitted, matched the serial number on the leg.  A scanner was used to extract the serial number from a transponder placed inside the prosthesis, which was used as Zahra's left leg.   

Also on Monday, Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Baker, was indicted by a Catawba County Grand Jury on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of the missing girl.

As she was being indicted in one county, Elisa Baker appeared in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a felony larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance.  No evidence was presented in that case and it was continued until Dec. 6 when Baker will have to be back in Burke County Court.

MORE...
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

larceny charge continued to Dec 6th.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #398 on: November 01, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »

Stepmother of missing Hickory girl indicted

by RAD BERKY / NewsChannel 36
E-mail Rad: RBerky@WCNC.com

WCNC.com

Posted on November 1, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Updated today at 6:43 PM

CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C.-- There were new developments in the case of Zahra Baker Monday.

The 10-year-old Hickory girl has been missing now for just over three weeks.

In Catawba County, a grand jury indicted the girl's stepmother, Elisa Baker, on a felony count of obstruction of justice.

The charge stems from a fake ransom note Elisa Baker allegedly wrote to confuse investigators back on October 9th when Zahra was first reported missing.

As the grand jury was hearing evidence, Elisa Baker was in court in Morganton in Burke County on an unrelated charge.

That charge involved theft of a quantity of money and it was dropped when prosecutors could not produce enough evidence against her.

Hickory Police investigators also confirmed that a prosthetic leg found last week was the one Zahra had worn.

Investigators say medical records from Australia where the girl was fitted for the prosthesis confirmed it was hers.

At the house in Hickory where Zahra lived, investigators were back looking Monday for more evidence.

They have not said what they are looking for but appeared to focus attention on the kitchen where more cabinets were removed and brought out into the yard.

A memorial in the front yard continues to grow with people leaving gifts and even Halloween candy for the little girl that so many people now wish they had been able to help.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: November 01, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »

<snipped>

At the house in Hickory where Zahra lived, investigators were back looking Monday for more evidence.

They have not said what they are looking for but appeared to focus attention on the kitchen where more cabinets were removed and brought out into the yard.

A memorial in the front yard continues to grow with people leaving gifts and even Halloween candy for the little girl that so many people now wish they had been able to help.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.