June 15, 2024, 05:23:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #176 12/20/10 - 1/4/11  (Read 147547 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: December 30, 2010, 07:37:56 PM »

It looks like everybody else took a holiday vacation, but somebody is working at Bobo's office. What a dork!! 

Maybe someone got a "Motions for Idiots" paper back in their stocking this year 

Right along with "Defense for Dummies."

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #341 on: December 30, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »

Question......weren't these motions to be filed by last week so the CJBP could hear them due to the fact that he was not going to be in the court house this week?  I know that Baez said the 31st was the initial date given.  So is it possible that JP will not even hear these motions and if so does this not give Casey grounds for firing her defense team, thus causing this entire case to begin anew?   

Bozo knew what the deadline was TO BE HEARD (not filed as he sheepishly attempted to get away with) & he pushed the envelope.  Thus he got a stern clarification & instruction that the judge would not hear anything due to his scheduled vaca, that was on the Kronk issue.  Now, Bozo out of pure spite is flooding the court with a barrage of menacing motions, of which I'd say 99% will be denied or put aside due to lack of meeting the threshold for consideration at this juncture.   Yes, he's been told more than once that certain things will not be excluded, he's as dense as he is arrogant.

Just like Casey's defense with multiple "suspects" and a litany of designs diversions, they are throwing everything at the wall, hoping against hope that something will stick.   While it is not abnormal for a defense attorney to actively attempt to get evidence against their client thrown out, it is highly abnormal for a defense attorney to defy the court & push issues that have already been ruled on with merit repetitively.    I dont think he's purposely trying to get thrown off the case, snit its probably practically the only significant one he has in his law office at this point...no, he wants the limelight of this case & doesnt give a dang about his client.   Nope, he's throwing a Hail's Mary hoping that he might walk away considered to have won this case....there is a fool born every minute, unfortunately.

*designed

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: December 30, 2010, 07:44:59 PM »

Question......weren't these motions to be filed by last week so the CJBP could hear them due to the fact that he was not going to be in the court house this week?  I know that Baez said the 31st was the initial date given.  So is it possible that JP will not even hear these motions and if so does this not give Casey grounds for firing her defense team, thus causing this entire case to begin anew?   

Bozo knew what the deadline was TO BE HEARD (not filed as he sheepishly attempted to get away with) & he pushed the envelope.  Thus he got a stern clarification & instruction that the judge would not hear anything due to his scheduled vaca, that was on the Kronk issue.  Now, Bozo out of pure spite is flooding the court with a barrage of menacing motions, of which I'd say 99% will be denied or put aside due to lack of meeting the threshold for consideration at this juncture.   Yes, he's been told more than once that certain things will not be excluded, he's as dense as he is arrogant.

Just like Casey's defense with multiple "suspects" and a litany of designs diversions, they are throwing everything at the wall, hoping against hope that something will stick.   While it is not abnormal for a defense attorney to actively attempt to get evidence against their client thrown out, it is highly abnormal for a defense attorney to defy the court & push issues that have already been ruled on with merit repetitively.    I dont think he's purposely trying to get thrown off the case, snit its probably practically the only significant one he has in his law office at this point...no, he wants the limelight of this case & doesnt give a dang about his client.   Nope, he's throwing a Hail's Mary hoping that he might walk away considered to have won this case....there is a fool born every minute, unfortunately.
OK, thanks Capp.  I don't always remember the dates for when things are to be filed. So in other words, Baez only does his job out of spite! And I don't think he's trying to get thrown off the case, it's his bread and butter and he can't bear the thought of losing out on that money from movies and book deals. But if Casey wanted to, she could dump him due to ineffective counsel, couldn't she?

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: December 30, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/12/casey-anthony-what-were-the-top-developments-in-2010.html/comment-page-1
Casey Anthony: What were the top developments in 2010?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on December, 30 2010 6:06 PM
Discuss This: Comments(1) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

WESH-Channel 2 looked back at the top developments in the Casey Anthony case in the past year. Here were reporter Bob Kealing’s choices:

1. Anthony became indigent.

2. Changes in her defense team.

3. A new judge entered the case.

Do you agree with those choices?

Kealing opened his concise recap with footage of Anthony falling in an Orange County Courthouse elevator. “It’s been that kind of a rocky 2010,” he said. She is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

Judge Stan Strickland was replaced by Chief Judge Belvin Perry. Brad Conway, former attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, told WESH that Perry has the luxury of moving the case along faster than Strickland did.

Anthony attorneys Linda Kenney Baden and Andrea Lyon left the case, and Cheney Mason and Ann Finnell came aboard. Orlando attorney Richard Hornsby, who provides legal analysis for WESH, wondered if people had left because there wasn’t as much celebrity interest in the case.

But Kealing said the most controversial development was Anthony’s being declared indigent after her $275,000 defense fund ran out. “We’ve all got to wonder where it went,” Conway said.

I’d say that’s a good choice as the top development, based on the response I get from the public.
In Anthony news today, WESH and WFTV-Channel 9 reported that the defense team filed a motion to suppress a jail tape of Anthony’s reaction to TV reports of the discovery of a child’s remains.

“Casey was watching coverage about the discovery and became visibly upset,” WFTV anchor Vanessa Welch said. “Her lawyers filed a motion late yesterday to suppress that video. They say her reaction is not relevant and that camera were running as part of a setup.”

WESH anchor Martha Sugalski described Anthony’s “extreme emotional reaction” on the tape and said that Anthony attorney Jose Baez in the motion called the tape part of a setup because a sheriff’s commander wanted to get incriminating information from Anthony.

Kealing said: “The judge has already ruled against making this video public, and this motion would keep it out of the trial entirely.”

The trial is scheduled to start in May.

WESH also highlighted that another defense motion asks Judge Perry to toss sniff tests on air in Anthony’s car. Baez argues that “the courtroom is no place for an untested and experimental  piece of science,” Kealing said.

The next hearing in the case will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday.
The courtroom is no place for an untested and experimental piece of wannabe lawyer either.l

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: December 30, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »

I wonder how Cindy's campaign to change public opinion about her skank daughter is coming along???.........I'll take a stab in the dark and say FAILING!

Yup .. the "Mother of the Year" campaign?

(She's not doing it right.)

Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2010, 12:19:00 AM »

It looks like everybody else took a holiday vacation, but somebody is working at Bobo's office. What a dork!! 

Maybe someone got a "Motions for Idiots" paper back in their stocking this year 

Here's my virtual "LIKE" Button for the day..made me and my hubby have a laugh!
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2010, 02:52:59 AM »

I don't rely much on what Richard Hornsby "thinks" as he has been wrong many times throughout this fiasco. Actually I think the monkeys here have been right much more than he has.

I agree with Cappuccino that they are flat out of defense ideas and are now throwing everything against the wall with HOPES something sticks. I don't believe they have a defense at all. All this blow hard crap about expert witnesses is going nowhere and will be even more foolish looking in court.

The one thing which bothers me is how long is the judge going to let this never ending motion machine go on? He give them deadlines, they ignore them and then come back with some irrelevant motion citing nothing in case law. IMO the court should have thrown out all motions which did not have case law cited from the beginning and this would not be an issue now.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2010, 02:57:02 AM »

I wonder how Cindy's campaign to change public opinion about her skank daughter is coming along???.........I'll take a stab in the dark and say FAILING!

Yup .. the "Mother of the Year" campaign?

(She's not doing it right.)

What is funny to me is CA is out there having fun this holiday and KC is sitting in a jail cell. I wonder how KC feels about all her friends out partying for New Years and her family out there while she rots in that cell and no one even cares.

Her mother hates her, her father is terrified that she is going to call him a child molester and her "not quite right" brother is parking cars at the the stadium for the football game.

I just hope next year that Cindy has herself a nice cozy cell in that jail with KC.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2010, 03:08:22 AM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
12/30/2010 Motion In Limine State of Florida

12/30/2010           Motion
to Exclude Unreliable Evidence Pursuant to FRYE, Or in the Alternative, Motion in Limine to Exclude (Chloroform)
12/30/2010           Motion In Limine
to Prohibit the Use, in any Fashion, of a Posting on the Internet Myspace References Attributable to Cindy Anthony, The Mother of the Defendant
to Prohibit the use, in any Fashion, of Internet Myspace References Attributable to the Defendant as "Diary of Days"
Preclude the use in any Fashion Whatsoever of a Certain "Jib Jab" Cartoon
12/30/2010           Motion
to Restrict in Court Photography/Videoing
12/30/2010           Notice of Hearing

Here we go....Oceans of Motions! I wonder if they're color coded???

Just wait until he gets into court and starts fumbling around like he always does with all those papers. He reminds me of some guy just out of rehab who is still shaking from withdrawal symptoms and mental inclusion. He has no coherent chain of thought anytime he speaks and is never prepared. I honestly thought he had a mental disorder like ADD or something the first few times I watched him in court with all the fumbling and inability to speak coherently.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2010, 03:10:48 AM »

I think the air sample motion will have to go for a Frye hearing, it's just too important.  I guess it's good to see Baez finally doing some "lawyering", but I feel this motion will be denied at this time. moo

Self edit

Don't tell them but that method has been used more times than they have ANY idea. I can't wait to see their face in court when they find out how accurate it is.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:26 AM »

I just read the rest of the just above posted article & it dawned on me upon reading this:

"During a news conference Thursday evening, Baez confirmed that Casey Anthony was upset when she found out about the remains and requested a sedative at the jail. Sources described Casey Anthony's reaction as an anxiety attack."

Here's my legal argument, Bozo opened the door himself regarding discussing his client's reaction in jail to the remains of precious Caylee being found.

Good point Capp!

IIRC, Baez is the one who did not want a gag order on his client's case.  The State is not speaking out to the Media on Casey's case.  I wonder if this is Baez's way for him to taint a jury.  He tells people, on air, what he wants to about the case.  This way the State's side will never be heard about any "mistruths" the defense may have told.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2010, 03:48:52 AM »

Question......weren't these motions to be filed by last week so the CJBP could hear them due to the fact that he was not going to be in the court house this week?  I know that Baez said the 31st was the initial date given.  So is it possible that JP will not even hear these motions and if so does this not give Casey grounds for firing her defense team, thus causing this entire case to begin anew?  

Bozo knew what the deadline was TO BE HEARD (not filed as he sheepishly attempted to get away with) & he pushed the envelope.  Thus he got a stern clarification & instruction that the judge would not hear anything due to his scheduled vaca, that was on the Kronk issue.  Now, Bozo out of pure spite is flooding the court with a barrage of menacing motions, of which I'd say 99% will be denied or put aside due to lack of meeting the threshold for consideration at this juncture.   Yes, he's been told more than once that certain things will not be excluded, he's as dense as he is arrogant.

Just like Casey's defense with multiple "suspects" and a litany of designs diversions, they are throwing everything at the wall, hoping against hope that something will stick.   While it is not abnormal for a defense attorney to actively attempt to get evidence against their client thrown out, it is highly abnormal for a defense attorney to defy the court & push issues that have already been ruled on with merit repetitively.    I dont think he's purposely trying to get thrown off the case, snit its probably practically the only significant one he has in his law office at this point...no, he wants the limelight of this case & doesnt give a dang about his client.   Nope, he's throwing a Hail's Mary hoping that he might walk away considered to have won this case....there is a fool born every minute, unfortunately.

If the motions get heard (death is different) and they are turned down, do you think Baez will then use the excuse that the motions were denied because Judge Perry was angry at him because Baez's office sent them in during Judge Perry's vacation?

The Defense looks to me to use the  ______________ is against me card, more than I have ever seen before.  (Enter in Judge, LE. etc.)

I think Baez has even shocked his client with his assertions (saying his client is unlikeable, IIRC, etc. as excuses for the reasons people think she is guilty).  I have seen her give her attorneys a double-take more than one time when they talk about her character.  I wonder if we will recognize Casey on the stand in her Nun outfit.

I believe in miracles!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2010, 04:21:38 AM »

OK, thanks Capp.  I don't always remember the dates for when things are to be filed. So in other words, Baez only does his job out of spite! And I don't think he's trying to get thrown off the case, it's his bread and butter and he can't bear the thought of losing out on that money from movies and book deals. But if Casey wanted to, she could dump him due to ineffective counsel, couldn't she?

Yes, Casey can dump him at any time, she has a team in place so it would be interesting to see just how that would benefit her.  IMHO, if he was her sole attorney needless to say the trial would be delayed for a new attorney to get up to speed & formulate what the best defense would be.   As far as after her trial, if she then claims ineffective counsel I doubt she would prevail, again due to the fact that she has had the benefit of a team of attorneys versus one.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2010, 04:27:27 AM »

I just read the rest of the just above posted article & it dawned on me upon reading this:

"During a news conference Thursday evening, Baez confirmed that Casey Anthony was upset when she found out about the remains and requested a sedative at the jail. Sources described Casey Anthony's reaction as an anxiety attack."

Here's my legal argument, Bozo opened the door himself regarding discussing his client's reaction in jail to the remains of precious Caylee being found.

Good point Capp!

IIRC, Baez is the one who did not want a gag order on his client's case.  The State is not speaking out to the Media on Casey's case.  I wonder if this is Baez's way for him to taint a jury.  He tells people, on air, what he wants to about the case.  This way the State's side will never be heard about any "mistruths" the defense may have told.

You recalled correctly, both Bozo & the Anthonys fought the gag order...heaven forbid they would have been stifled from appearing on every talk show that would have them.  Bozo had done nothing but attempt to taint the jury pool.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: December 31, 2010, 04:34:29 AM »

Question......weren't these motions to be filed by last week so the CJBP could hear them due to the fact that he was not going to be in the court house this week?  I know that Baez said the 31st was the initial date given.  So is it possible that JP will not even hear these motions and if so does this not give Casey grounds for firing her defense team, thus causing this entire case to begin anew?  

Bozo knew what the deadline was TO BE HEARD (not filed as he sheepishly attempted to get away with) & he pushed the envelope.  Thus he got a stern clarification & instruction that the judge would not hear anything due to his scheduled vaca, that was on the Kronk issue.  Now, Bozo out of pure spite is flooding the court with a barrage of menacing motions, of which I'd say 99% will be denied or put aside due to lack of meeting the threshold for consideration at this juncture.   Yes, he's been told more than once that certain things will not be excluded, he's as dense as he is arrogant.

Just like Casey's defense with multiple "suspects" and a litany of designs diversions, they are throwing everything at the wall, hoping against hope that something will stick.   While it is not abnormal for a defense attorney to actively attempt to get evidence against their client thrown out, it is highly abnormal for a defense attorney to defy the court & push issues that have already been ruled on with merit repetitively.    I dont think he's purposely trying to get thrown off the case, snit its probably practically the only significant one he has in his law office at this point...no, he wants the limelight of this case & doesnt give a dang about his client.   Nope, he's throwing a Hail's Mary hoping that he might walk away considered to have won this case....there is a fool born every minute, unfortunately.

If the motions get heard (death is different) and they are turned down, do you think Baez will then use the excuse that the motions were denied because Judge Perry was angry at him because Baez's office sent them in during Judge Perry's vacation?

The Defense looks to me to use the  ______________ is against me card, more than I have ever seen before.  (Enter in Judge, LE. etc.)

I think Baez has even shocked his client with his assertions (saying his client is unlikeable, IIRC, etc. as excuses for the reasons people think she is guilty).  I have seen her give her attorneys a double-take more than one time when they talk about her character.  I wonder if we will recognize Casey on the stand in her Nun outfit.

Extremely doubtful that Bozo can win an argument that he and/or is client were denied due to a judge's angst with him...CJBP has been methodical & judicially sound in his rulings thus far, also he has indeed given Casey's defense some leeway with time & allowing them to get their ducks in a row.  If CJBP has admonished him and/or denied one of his motions it was with merit.   While that may not prevent Bozo from whining relentlessly & attempting to file such a claim, CJBP is not going to make the same lapse in judgment that Judge Strickland did regarding that blognutter & sufficient grounds will never be ruled by a higher appellate court.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: December 31, 2010, 05:07:47 AM »

Extremely doubtful that Bozo can win an argument that he and/or is client were denied due to a judge's angst with him...CJBP has been methodical & judicially sound in his rulings thus far, also he has indeed given Casey's defense some leeway with time & allowing them to get their ducks in a row.  If CJBP has admonished him and/or denied one of his motions it was with merit.   While that may not prevent Bozo from whining relentlessly & attempting to file such a claim, CJBP is not going to make the same lapse in judgment that Judge Strickland did regarding that blognutter & sufficient grounds will never be ruled by a higher appellate court.

I agree with you, Capp.  I think Baez argues just to make it look like he is doing something.  I wonder if he wins any arguments with himself?

I think the reason Casey likes him is because she likes the idea of someone who pushes the envelope and defies authority, it reminds her of someone, and if she had a mirror, she would know just who that someone is.

Rolling Eyes

They both appear to be stuck in adolescence.

I believe in miracles!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2010, 05:35:25 AM »

Like I said on:.......

2010.12.22  Motion in Limine Regarding Any/All Testimony and Evidence that may convict said client.

Submitted by: Nut44x4 lol

Ridiculous!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: December 31, 2010, 06:23:40 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/26328169/detail.html
Defense Wants Casey's Myspace Postings Tossed Out

Posted: 11:55 pm EST December 30, 2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla -- Casey Anthony’s defense team filed motions, late Thursday, to keep the jury from hearing key evidence that was collected before her daughter, Caylee's body was found.

WFTV reporters reviewed more than 100 pages Thursday night.

In the documents, Casey’s attorney's J. Cheney Mason and Jose Baez requested to have nearly two dozen items tossed out.

One of those items is the tattoo Casey got two weeks after Caylee disappeared, which reads "bella vita" which is Italian for "beautiful life."

The defense also doesn't think the shovel Casey borrowed from a neighbor, traces of chloroform found in the trunk of Casey's car, and a stain found there are relevant.

Baez is also asking the judge to exclude any and all cadaver dog search results, during the time the dogs were looking for Caylee's remains.

Casey's lawyers also want to get the judge to limit or exclude evidence taken from Casey and her mother Cindy's Myspace pages.

Cindy posted a message on the social networking site titled, "My Caylee is Missing," twelve days before she alerted the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

She went on to say "jealousy" took her granddaughter away, and her daughter, Casey, betrayed her and stole her money.

The defense is also trying to keep jurors from hearing about a message that Casey wrote -- stating "Everyone lies, everyone dies and life is never easy."
Eyewitness News legal analyst, Bill Sheaffer, said the defense isn't doing anything surprising.

Sheaffer said the defense is doing what it is supposed to be doing and trying to weaken the case as a whole.

The next hearing is set for Monday, January 3rd.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: December 31, 2010, 06:29:29 AM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/12/casey-anthony-defense-wants-ke.html
WDBO Local News      
Casey Anthony defense wants key evidence blocked
By Drew Petrimoulx
@ December 31, 2010 5:00 AM Permalink | Comments (0)

A slew of court motions filed by Casey Anthony's defense over the last two weeks seek to keep key evidence out of the coming trial.   
The latest motion, filed in court Wednesday, seeks to block statements Casey made at the jail infirmary the day she learned human remains had been found near her parent's home.

"She wanted to talk about football," explained corrections officer Tammy Uncer during an interview with detectives.

Channel 9 Eyewitness News legal analyst Bill Shafer says the motions are part of a larger struggle to determine what evidence the jury sees.

Earlier this week the defense filed motions to suppress evidence found with Caylee's body and tests showing decomposition in Casey's car.

"Every piece of evidence is a link in this circumstantial evidence case," Shafer said.

Hearings on whether the evidence will be allow in trial will be held in the first few months of the new year.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: December 31, 2010, 06:42:10 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/december/188796/Casey-Anthony-team-targets-JibJab-video-and-other-evidence-to-exclude
Casey Anthony team targets JibJab video and other evidence to exclude
By Dave D'Marko, Reporter
Last Updated: Friday, December 31, 2010 6:00 AM
Video Stories

* Casey Anthony JibJab video as evidence? Watch Video http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/caseyjibjab_123120100553.flv
ORLANDO --

What will jurors in Casey Anthony's trial get to hear about, and what won't they?

Late Thursday afternoon, defense attorneys filed 13 new court motions targeting items they do not want introduced at Anthony's trial.

The requests were mostly pieces of evidence that could be seen as damaging to the defense, but lawyers have argued that it's all evidence that is not relevant to the case of Casey's murdered 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

The evidence in question includes some procedural items, and then one that's a little strange.

Included in the thousands of pieces of evidence prosecutors have released in the case was a video created on the website JibJab that Casey's defense wants to make sure jurors never see.

It's a Halloween video featuring the faces of Casey Anthony, Jose Baez and the rest of her defense team pasted on cartoon monsters dancing to the Monster Mash .  http://www.cfnews13.com/video?clip=http://static.cfnews13.com/newsvideo/cfn/caseyjibjab_123120100553.flv
In the motion filed by the defense, attorneys said they can only reasonably assume that the cartoon was "created and then released by the state as evidence in an effort to embarrass the defense."

As for the other motions, the defense said it does not want the state to point out a stain in the trunk of Casey's car, or show video from December 2008 of her reacting to the news that her daughter's remains had been found.

Lawyers also asked for statements made by Casey to her family, a jail guard and jail pen pals to be excluded.

Some of the other requests get a little more off topic, including a motion to exclude the Anthony family's posts on Facebook, or the fact that Casey has a tattoo.

Finally, the defense voiced there concerns about the media, filing a motion to prevent cameras from zooming in on notes Casey passes to her lawyers, or overhear what they are discussing with one another.

A ruling on any of the motions is not expected until after the New Year.

Casey Anthony's trial is scheduled to start in May.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.