May 23, 2024, 03:35:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway Case Discussion #859 6/13 - 8/28/11  (Read 545565 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 01:33:02 PM »

Joran Van Der Sloot's Girlfriend Rumored To Be Pregnant With His Child

Joran van der Sloot, the imprisoned Dutch native charged with killing a woman in Lima, Peru, and extorting money from the mother of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway, may be a father-to-be.

The rumor that the Dutchman enjoys private visits from a Peruvian girlfriend, who is now rumored to be pregnant with his child, surfaced in several foreign media outlets, including Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, SBS Broadcasting and Peru's Periodismo en Línea news agency.

::snipping2::

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/15/joran-van-der-sloot-a-fat_n_877416.html
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 03:34:59 PM »

Thanks grace-land!   

YW, texasmom.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 03:40:55 PM »

Thank you, Northern Rose, for the articles.  Joran doesn't deserve any privileges.  Two young women are dead, families shattered with grief, and he is living the "good life."  Shameful!  jmo
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »

Thank you, Northern Rose, for the articles.  Joran doesn't deserve any privileges.  Two young women are dead, families shattered with grief, and he is living the "good life."  Shameful!  jmo

It makes me sick that he has lead a good life in jail including getting snacks, sex and interviews for $$$$$ when there are two young woman that had their lives cut short. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 05:51:56 PM »

http://tv.ibtimes.com/van-der-sloot-prosecution-seeking-life-sentence-for-murder-and-robbery/896.html

Video (in English) at the link

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2011, 06:03:32 PM »

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/flores-family-want-life-joran-van-der-sloot

Flores family want life for Joran van der Sloot

Published on 15 June 2011 - 5:53pm

The family of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores who was murdered in a hotel room in Lima a year ago are demanding a life sentence for Joran van der Sloot who is accused of her murder reports Peruvian newspaper El Comercio.

The family say there is clear evidence that robbery was the motive for the murder and not as the Dutchman's defence claims an outburst of emotion. Earlier this month a Dutch friend of Van der Sloot said he asked him for money via an internet messaging system. He says he was broke and desparate. If robbery is the motive behind the killing of Stephany Flores, Van der Sloot could face a life sentence under Peruvian law.

Stephany's father Ricardo Flores told the press that he wants to put an end to the facilities which are at Van der Sloot's disposal in prison. He says the Dutchman is running a shop in sweets and cold drinks in prison and he also recieves visits outside visiting hours.

Mr Flores and Van der Sloot faced one another in court today. The father of the victim was asked to identify a purse found on Van der Sloot when he was arrested. He said he was 95 percent certain the purse belonged to his daughter.

Strategy
During the court session it became apparent that the Dutchman does speak Spanish. His former lawyer, Máximo Altez, claimed his client had been forced to sign a document in Spanish under pressure which stated he understood the charges against him. Now that Van der Sloot has conceded he speaks Spanish the case can no longer be held up when there is no Dutch translator, according to Radio Netherlands journalist Pablo Gámez, who is following the case.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2011, 06:07:18 PM »

It makes me sick that he has lead a good life in jail including getting snacks, sex and interviews for $$$$$ when there are two young woman that had their lives cut short. 

I agree.  It is like this monster is teflon coated.  He always has "someone" to make his life easier.  He is never held accountable for his actions.  Him and KC would make a perfect pair.  Wonder who would come out alive in that union?   

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 06:34:03 PM »

Article from last week...if you put the testimony of Joran's friend in Holland together with Stephany's wallet in Joran's possession when he was arrested; good chance he'll get life instead of the 4-5 years he'd been hoping for.

::justice2NJ::

http://www.rnw.nl/english/article/murder-or-manslaughter-testimony-key-van-der-sloot-trial

Murder or manslaughter? Testimony key in Van der Sloot trial

Published on : 8 June 2011 - 4:46pm | By Edwin Koopman    (photo: ANP)

“He wrote that he’d stop at nothing.” The man in question: Joran van der Sloot, the young Dutchman awaiting trial in Peru for the killing of local young woman, Stephany Flores. The words are those of a friend of Joran, who has told Dutch police how the 24-year-old chatted with him from Peru via the MSN online messaging service and told him he was flat broke and desperate. It appears this testimony could be crucial when it comes to the decision where the Dutchman is to face a murder or a manslaughter charge in Peru.

In May last year, Joran Van der Sloot told his friend that he only had enough money for food. Two days later he killed 21-year-old Stephany Flores in a Lima hotel room after an evening playing poker. Three days later he was arrested in Chile and extradited to Peru, where he’s been waiting for a year for his trial to begin.

Dutch police questioned his friend in June 2010; one month after Joran van der Sloot was detained in Peru. The interview came after the Peruvian authorities formally asked the Dutch for assistance. A 40-page Dutch report has been delivered to the prosecution and defence teams in Peru. The testimony appears to show the degree of desperation on the part of the defendant, who was in Lima at the time for a poker tournament. It could, in fact, ultimately see him facing a murder charge instead of the lesser charge of manslaughter.

“The information from the Netherlands undermines Van der Sloot’s evidence,” says the lawyer representing the Flores family, Edward Álvarez. It would appear to show that Ms Flores did not die as a result of a fit of rage over the laptop but simply because she refused to give Mr Van der Sloot money. The laptop story is also contradicted by results from the Peruvian police investigation, which reveal that no documents were opened on the laptop on the day of the murder.

Flat broke
Since his arrest, there have been further indications that Joran van der Sloot was and is penniless. The same friend in the Netherlands says Joran begged him - from his cell - to send him money. He says he sent 50 euros for the purchase of soap and toothpaste in prison. Money was also the reason for the departure of Mr Altez as the Dutchman’s lawyer. “Financial disagreement” and differences of opinion about how to conduct the defence case were the reasons given. It is said that Mr Altez stood to earn nothing from the case.

The Flores family lawyer says the Dutch defendant will face a heavy sentence if money was indeed the motive for the killing. “Here, you get life for robbery with murder,” he explains.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2011, 07:05:07 PM »

http://tv.ibtimes.com/van-der-sloot-agrees-to-cooperate-family-breathes-a-sigh-of-relief/895.html

Van Der Sloot Agrees to Cooperate, Family Breathes a Sigh of Relief

Marisa Krystian | Jun 15, 2011 | 2min:42sec Van Der Sloot Agrees to Cooperate, Family Breathes a Sigh of Relief. Joran Van der Sloot, the young Dutch man linked to the mysterious disappearance of a young American woman, Natalee Holloway, six years ago inAruba, appeared in a Peruvian closed-door hearing today regarding the killing of a young woman in Peru in May, 2010.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2011, 08:24:34 PM »

http://tv.ibtimes.com/van-der-sloot-agrees-to-cooperate-family-breathes-a-sigh-of-relief/895.html

Marisa Krystian | Jun 15, 2011 | 2min:42sec Van Der Sloot Agrees to Cooperate, Family Breathes a Sigh of Relief. Joran Van der Sloot, the young Dutch man linked to the mysterious disappearance of a young American woman, Natalee Holloway, six years ago inAruba, appeared in a Peruvian closed-door hearing today regarding the killing of a young woman in Peru in May, 2010.

Now is the time to hammer Joran about Natalee.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2011, 09:30:18 PM »

I agree but just because he said he will cooperate doesn't mean he isn't going to lie.
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2011, 09:44:48 PM »

I agree but just because he said he will cooperate doesn't mean he isn't going to lie.
I know -- but they need to VERIFY his statements or all deals are off!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2011, 09:46:15 PM »

Good point San.  It's like the old joke "How can you tell he's lying?"  Answer:  "His lips are moving". 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2011, 10:03:14 PM »

Good point San.  It's like the old joke "How can you tell he's lying?"  Answer:  "His lips are moving". 

Joran hates Beth so much he will never tell her the truth.  Let's not forget Joran blames Beth for ruining his life.  There has to be something extraordinary in it for him to tell what happened to Natalee.  Even then he will only give bits and pieces.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2011, 10:41:11 PM »

I think Joran is possibly cooperating in Peru knowing he will likely get a longer sentence, which he thinks will keep him out of reach to the U. S. authorities.  Life is the longest sentence he could be given for Stephany's robbery and murder in Peru, but a death sentence is possible if/when he's ever tried in the U. S. for Natalee's murder. 

He's probably been reading the Enquirer.   

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/crime-investigation/shocking-reason-natalees-family-wants-joran-freed 

It's all about Joran, for Joran and he seems to have things all worked out for himself to be very comfortable in a prison that most would expect a monster like himself to have been shanked or beaten to death by now.

If the Flores family's request for his extraordinary privileges to be stopped should actually be acted on, and/or if Joran is convicted and sentenced and then actually transferred from the "safe" environment he's in right now, to general population; then it might seem beneficial for him to "make a deal" in Natalee's case.  I just don't see that happening now when he seems to be in control of how he lives in Castro Castro.

jmo

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:32 PM »

I think Joran is possibly cooperating in Peru knowing he will likely get a longer sentence, which he thinks will keep him out of reach to the U. S. authorities.  Life is the longest sentence he could be given for Stephany's robbery and murder in Peru, but a death sentence is possible if/when he's ever tried in the U. S. for Natalee's murder. 

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/crime-investigation/shocking-reason-natalees-family-wants-joran-freed 

It's all about Joran, for Joran and he seems to have things all worked out for himself to be very comfortable in a prison that most would expect a monster like himself to have been shanked or beaten to death by now.

If the Flores family's request for his extraordinary privileges to be stopped should actually be acted on, and/or if Joran is convicted and sentenced and then actually transferred from the "safe" environment he's in right now, to general population; then it might seem beneficial for him to "make a deal" in Natalee's case.  I just don't see that happening now when he seems to be in control of how he lives in Castro Castro.

jmo

I'm for all that!!! But, I am skeptical the US could bring Murder 1 charges against Joran here when they extradite him for just wire fraud. But hey, I'm no lawyer! 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2011, 11:06:06 PM »

jmo

I'm for all that!!! But, I am skeptical the US could bring Murder 1 charges against Joran here when they extradite him for just wire fraud. But hey, I'm no lawyer! 

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? 

Kidding aside Wreck, I agree with you about feelin skeptical the US could bring  Murder 1 charges against Joran.  At this point, any amount of jail time and inconvenience that can be meted out to Joran is good imo.  I'm not sure we'll ever see him here in the US for even the wire fraud, but maybe just maybe if it gets that far, maybe some other hands can be played.  I don't know. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2011, 11:22:30 PM »

jmo

But did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? 

Kidding aside Wreck, I agree with you about feelin skeptical the US could bring  Murder 1 charges against Joran.  At this point, any amount of jail time and inconvenience that can be meted out to Joran is good imo.  I'm not sure we'll ever see him here in the US for even the wire fraud, but maybe just maybe if it gets that far, maybe some other hands can be played.  I don't know. 
I agree, but I think Joran's comfy prison days in Peru are about over. Senor Flores welds too much power -- he will be headed for general pop soon. That will be his end. I just hope they can somehow get the goods on Natalee before that happens.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2011, 11:23:39 PM »

A Measure of Justice

A MIDNIGHT EXPRESS PRISON

Natalee Holloway's Mom: Aruba Investigators 'Not Following Up on Any Leads'
Wednesday, November 19, 2008

<snipped>

BETH HOLLOWAY: And Greta, I was just wanting to say that, you know, like I said, it's been a long time, but it's never too late for justice. And I'd be good with a "Midnight Express" prison anywhere for Joran.

<snipped

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,454527,00.html

NOW I AM FOCUSED AND CAN MOVE ONWARD

Medical mystery tour brings Holloway to Okoboji
Saturday, June 11, 2011

<anippws>

Beth Holloway provides travel and safety education to medical professionals gathered Friday for the 7th Annual Lakes Health Conference in Okoboji. Her daughter, Natalee, disappeared in Aruba 6 years ago during a graduation trip.

<snipped?

Natalee has never been found, but theories about Van der Sloot's role in her disappearance gained traction after he was arrested for the May 2010 murder of Stephany Flores, a Peruvian woman he met. He also faces federal extortion and wire fraud charges in the United States for trying to extort money from Beth Holloway in exchange for information that would lead to the recovery of Natalee's body.

"For me, I have a perpetrator in prison, so I can't ask for anything more right now," Beth Holloway said. "That's where he belongs and now I'm able to focus and move onward in the help that I can do for others who have missing loved ones -- maybe they don't have recovery of their loved one's remains or they don't have a perpetrator in prison, so my hope is to shed enough light and to help them."

<snipped>

http://www.spencerdailyreporter.com/story/1735599.html

++++

Natalee Holloway Resource Center (NHRC)
http://www.crimemuseum.org/NHRC

Mayday 360
http://www.mayday360.com/default.aspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2011, 02:51:47 AM »

This is the woman that was shot three times by her husband back in March, she's back in Aruba in the hospital.  If I understand correctly, she's paralyzed from the chest down.  I'm glad she lived for her son's sake.  Sad. 

http://www.24ora.com/local-mainmenu-5/32835-chaldira-vis-ta-bek-na-aruba.html

Papiamentu translation:

chaldira vis is back at aruba

tuesday, 14 june 2011 16:20

after of more cu 2 month interna in hospital at colombia, today morning chaldira vis owing to return we island in air ambulance. here at aruba the will is in hand of dr. schwengle, that owing to tum'e at his arrival in ambulance at hospital y owing to ordena for her stay interna for extra cuido y atencion medico. chaldira is at tino, is talk all cos, but owing to stay lam for of his pecho bay downstairs, then not can actuate. chaldira vis owing to become victima of maltrato domestico day 27 of march ultimo, for cual his pareha owing to lose cabes, saca one arm of candela y tir'e in his throat of cual at least 3 ball owing to perfor'e.

http://www.amigoe.com/PDF%20amigoearu/15-06-2011a.pdf

Google translation:

Chaldira Vis back

ORANGE CITY - Chaldira Vis, by her husband Juan Junior "Blue" Quandt at 26 March was shot in the head, was yesterday morning returned to Aruba. Vis is currently paralyzed Horacio Oduber Hospital staying at the (HOH). The victim over two half months in hospital in Colombia spent for treatment her injuries. Yesterday she was flown by air ambulance back to Aruba and she is staying for extra care and medical attention the HOH. Vis is conscious and can talk, but she is from paralyzed her chest. She will now treated by Schwengle doctor, go rehabilitation.

Quant staying on currently correction Institute Aruba (KIA). Shortly after his action tried Quant commit suicide and was in critical condition hospital. He was few weeks artificially in a coma and was kept taken out since late April.  Since then, he says nothing of the event to remember.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.