June 07, 2024, 03:32:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 5 - 5/13/11  (Read 163586 times)
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2011, 09:17:40 AM »

Good morning all!!

I am completely legal illiterate and would like to ask a question.

IF the defense is going to say it was an accidental death or some other excuse, when do they introduce that info?  Why do they not tell the prosecution right up front similar to the sharing of info on the evidence?

As an aside,  KC must hate her court wardrobe....I cannot imagine she owned those items before court.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 09:18:03 AM »

Good Morning monkeys!

We are in for another long day! I do have to say Jose was so adamant about not getting a fair trial. They have gone through 5 and of the 5 all have made it minus the one for hardship, so atleast we know that will not be a factor..

Good Morning!  I think the defense knows Casey is toast so they are grasping at anything they can - they have no defense against the evidence and they know that.  It is interesting to me that they focus mostly on the sentencing phase.  That tells alot.

I hope JP can get this ball rolling today and get some more jurors.....It's gotta be better than yesterday!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
WesleyBear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, 09:18:35 AM »

Good morning!!!! I have a quick question...Is the judge timing the jurors today?  I thought I saw him pick something up that looked like a timer?  TIA!
suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »

This pj is from Pittsburgh, maybe I know her.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 09:21:21 AM »

Good morning!!!! I have a quick question...Is the judge timing the jurors today?  I thought I saw him pick something up that looked like a timer?  TIA!

They just began the General Voire Dire phase and yesterday Perry asked the defense and state how long they needed for that part. State said 15 min., defense said 30 min. So he is asking them to keep it to 30 minutes each.

west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »

Good Morning monkeys!

We are in for another long day! I do have to say Jose was so adamant about not getting a fair trial. They have gone through 5 and of the 5 all have made it minus the one for hardship, so atleast we know that will not be a factor..

Good Morning!  I think the defense knows Casey is toast so they are grasping at anything they can - they have no defense against the evidence and they know that.  It is interesting to me that they focus mostly on the sentencing phase.  That tells alot.

I hope JP can get this ball rolling today and get some more jurors.....It's gotta be better than yesterday!

Yeah I noticed that too, that they already seem to know that and they are just trying to save her life. I hope it goes faster today but I still don't know how in the world they are gonna get through all of this by Monday. I wonder when your honor will change the trial date?
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »

When the attorney (man's haircut woman, sorry can't recall her name) was questioning this juror, she said something that makes me go "hmmmm...".
She said that in the penalty phase, it will be emotional when the victim impact statements are given that she can't use emotion to judge for death.  My thoughts were that we don't know of anyone who would actually argue for the death of ICA.  I would assume that the A's would actually be arguing against it.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2011, 09:23:06 AM »

This pj is from Pittsburgh, maybe I know her.

Pretty cool shes from the area and the lady questioning her too. Had no idea! I'm in Greensburg,, not far from you!

Oh and I agree about Caseys blouse.. I had something similar to that back in the 80's when I was in high school!! Its very out of style!
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 09:24:14 AM »

Good morning all!!

IF the defense is going to say it was an accidental death or some other excuse, when do they introduce that info?  Why do they not tell the prosecution right up front similar to the sharing of info on the evidence?

As an aside,  KC must hate her court wardrobe....I cannot imagine she owned those items before court.

I guess because if it was an accident then it would not be first degree murder and the jury could find her guilty of a lesser charge. There was no way the state would have agreed to give her a plea for that so they didn't have a choice but to come to trial, and hope that the jury buys her story.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 09:26:40 AM »

Good grief, do these jurors realize that they do not have to discuss personal info of their families? TMI on her daughter and her financial situation. Damn, why not tell the world, oh she just did.

And just as an aside, how many people have experience with cadaver dogs? Far different than a disability dog.
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »

Casey does look like she is on some kind of medication....she has that tranquilized look to me....too bad they got the dosage right...

Yeah so not fair. The jury does not get to see the "real" ICA
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 09:28:14 AM »

They just began the General Voire Dire phase and yesterday Perry asked the defense and state how long they needed for that part. State said 15 min., defense said 30 min. So he is asking them to keep it to 30 minutes each.

Good!  I hope they can keep to that! 

Each  day we are closer to justice for Caylee!   an angelic monkey

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »

Good grief, do these jurors realize that they do not have to discuss personal info of their families? TMI on her daughter and her financial situation. Damn, why not tell the world, oh she just did.

And just as an aside, how many people have experience with cadaver dogs? Far different than a disability dog.

I wonder if they feel like they have to just put everything out there. I mean what would happen if you refuse to answer a question?
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 09:30:10 AM »

Good morning all!!

I guess because if it was an accident then it would not be first degree murder and the jury could find her guilty of a lesser charge. There was no way the state would have agreed to give her a plea for that so they didn't have a choice but to come to trial, and hope that the jury buys her story.

But when does the defense make this announcement?  Why isn't that shared just as the evidence was shared?  Sorry if I sound dense...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »

1980's brother was tried for armed robbery and acquitted.  She feels the system worked well in her brothers case. 
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 09:32:19 AM »

Good morning all!!

But when does the defense make this announcement?  Why isn't that shared just as the evidence was shared?  Sorry if I sound dense...

I would assume they will do it in opening statements. Knowing the defense because they want to make it a WOW factor..But I am not too sure, they do not have to give their defense like the state has to give them everything.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 09:33:36 AM »

Good morning everyone!  Happy Friday the 13th! 

The color of Casey's blouse is just not working for her. 

The attorney could pick up an accent in this pj's voice that pinpoints her from Pittsburgh.  I swear I cannot hear an accent!  lol

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »

Good!  I hope they can keep to that! 

Each  day we are closer to justice for Caylee!   an angelic monkey

#1312: General Voire Dire: State was 15 minutes exactly. (Although they could have used 30.) We'll see how long the defense is.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 09:35:06 AM »

I truly do not believe there is anyone that will be qualified to give a victim impact statement.  They have all forgotten that the victim is Caylee.  If any of the Rosebud clan get up to speak they will be begging for and speaking about the accused and not speaking about Caylee.
west941
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:43 AM »

I truly do not believe there is anyone that will be qualified to give a victim impact statement.  They have all forgotten that the victim is Caylee.  If any of the Rosebud clan get up to speak they will be begging for and speaking about the accused and not speaking about Caylee.

Yes, not fair to Caylee. She has been lost in all of this. I mean if the Anthony's come up and speak, then the jury has in the back of their minds that they are these horrible abusers. So who will speak for Caylee!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.