June 03, 2024, 03:02:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #58 4/17/11 - 10/16/11  (Read 276509 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2011, 02:21:03 PM »

Yes, I am OK.  And pretty much speechless for a big change, lol.  Power out for 4 days then another day to get internet back.  Also have phones again.

But I am so thankful just to be alive and have no damage as so many were not that lucky.

Does anyone know if the two children in Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga have found their parents yet? 

I will check back later as I am still shakey.  The only real danger I was in was from things falling from the sky like sheet metal and sections of guardrail.  My immediate area did not take any direct hits.  I don't even know how many are still listed as missing.  But at least now we can get news which makes everybody feel better just to know what is going on out there.

So glad to hear Magnolia and Hudson are OK.  Was bad in that area I believe.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2011, 04:25:55 PM »

glad that you and other monkeys are safe and sound!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2011, 04:51:08 PM »

Yes, I am OK.  And pretty much speechless for a big change, lol.  Power out for 4 days then another day to get internet back.  Also have phones again.

But I am so thankful just to be alive and have no damage as so many were not that lucky.

Does anyone know if the two children in Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga have found their parents yet? 

I will check back later as I am still shakey.  The only real danger I was in was from things falling from the sky like sheet metal and sections of guardrail.  My immediate area did not take any direct hits.  I don't even know how many are still listed as missing.  But at least now we can get news which makes everybody feel better just to know what is going on out there.

So glad you are okay Anna. I am sure you're shook up after going thru all that bad weather.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »

Magnolia!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »

MAGNOLIA!!!  I see you!  Glad you finally have POWER! 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2011, 06:12:49 PM »

Trimm just posted that she now has power as well! woo hoo!

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2011, 06:22:55 PM »

I am glad you are okay, Anna.  I worried about you.  I know how you feel about speechless.
It has all been overwhelming.  The total devastation is just horrible.
Hudson saved the day yesterday when he chased down a power company truck from
South Carolina and stood in front of it barking until he got them to follow him home.
They had our power fixed in about an hour.  Those guys were impressed with my boy,
as was I.  I think he was sick of eating mayo sandwiches. First thing I did was make
a pot of coffee for me and some cornbread for Hudson.
We had no damage to the house, but it did cut a wide path in the woods right
behind me.  I found records from a Tuscaloosa doctor's office in my front yard.
Tuscaloosa is 80 miles from here.
Thanks to you all for thinking of me.  I know how I worried about 2NJ when we couldn't
hear from her.  That is why I had my brother email Klaas.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2011, 06:25:36 PM »

glad that you are ok Mags!
how was that cornbread? I love the sweet corn bread..do you make that kind?
actually I love any cornbread with chili and with bean soup...

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »

I don't make the sweet kind.....I make the good kind. 
 I had it with pinto beans.  I was hungry bad.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2011, 06:51:05 PM »

I am glad you are okay, Anna.  I worried about you.  I know how you feel about speechless.
It has all been overwhelming.  The total devastation is just horrible.
Hudson saved the day yesterday when he chased down a power company truck from
South Carolina and stood in front of it barking until he got them to follow him home.
They had our power fixed in about an hour.  Those guys were impressed with my boy,
as was I.  I think he was sick of eating mayo sandwiches. First thing I did was make
a pot of coffee for me and some cornbread for Hudson.
We had no damage to the house, but it did cut a wide path in the woods right
behind me.  I found records from a Tuscaloosa doctor's office in my front yard.
Tuscaloosa is 80 miles from here.
Thanks to you all for thinking of me.  I know how I worried about 2NJ when we couldn't
hear from her.  That is why I had my brother email Klaas.

WOW, it must have been something to go through.  Records from 80 miles away on your front door! 

I'm so glad you had your brother email me it was quite a relief!  So glad you are ok and back!  Hudson is awesome!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #130 on: May 03, 2011, 06:51:27 PM »

I don't make the sweet kind.....I make the good kind. 
 I had it with pinto beans.  I was hungry bad.

So glad you are ok. To funny about the corn bread. My grandmother called it Johnny cake.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: May 03, 2011, 07:51:33 PM »

So glad our Monkey Family is checking in and surviving as best as can! I worried and prayed about them.

Klaas, any monkey need help? and if so can we do it in private without hurting their pride?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »

So glad our Monkey Family is checking in and surviving as best as can! I worried and prayed about them.

Klaas, any monkey need help? and if so can we do it in private without hurting their pride?

Thanks for asking IBE but I think everyone is OK. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET TONIGHT!

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:45:47 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2011, 10:13:50 PM »

Cartfly - the readers digest version of why we don't like RefugeesUnleashed:

Back in 2005 and the Natalee Holloway case there were a group of SM members and also CTV (Court TV) members that would bash Natalee and Beth and pretty much Joran could do no wrong.  In late 2005 we banned most of them from SM and also CTV banned many of them.  The CTV people started a new forum called CTV Refugees.  CTV Refugees turned into RefugeesUnleashed.  All of the banned members from CTV, SM and any other sites joined there.  They still have threads there bashing Natalee, Beth and Scared Monkeys. Members there put nasty words on in the comments of Natalee's candle site. Many of them are rude, crude and just out to get a "rise" out of people.   

I agree with you now that they do have some MP threads that seem to be OK.  I do read over there every day.  We still don't allow links back to RU though and those are the reasons why. 
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2011, 10:30:04 PM »

Cartfly - the readers digest version of why we don't like RefugeesUnleashed:

Back in 2005 and the Natalee Holloway case there were a group of SM members and also CTV (Court TV) members that would bash Natalee and Beth and pretty much Joran could do no wrong.  In late 2005 we banned most of them from SM and also CTV banned many of them.  The CTV people started a new forum called CTV Refugees.  CTV Refugees turned into RefugeesUnleashed.  All of the banned members from CTV, SM and any other sites joined there.  They still have threads there bashing Natalee, Beth and Scared Monkeys. Members there put nasty words on in the comments of Natalee's candle site. Many of them are rude, crude and just out to get a "rise" out of people.   

I agree with you now that they do have some MP threads that seem to be OK.  I do read over there every day.  We still don't allow links back to RU though and those are the reasons why. 
Thank you so much for explaining. I completely understand and frankly I am appalled that they could bash a victim, her Mother and scared monkeys. I can not even fathom why someone would take joy in making nasty comments about Natalee's case and especially supporting Joran. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell me about this group.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »

You're welcome Cartfly.  Like I said, many of their current MP threads seem to be OK but the Natalee and Stephany threads are still pretty volatile.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2011, 11:39:00 PM »

Anna and Magnolia.....I am so glad that you are doing well.  Love that Hudson...!
The weather channel video of the tornadoes sent me right down to the basement when
our alarms went off.  Nothing more than wind here.  I wonder how those areas that were totally damaged will ever re-build.  Hugs to you.....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2011, 11:45:15 PM »

This is for Hudson...the HERO wonderdog!   

I'm so proud of him helping Magnolia! 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2011, 11:46:42 PM »

Anna and Magnolia.....I am so glad that you are doing well.  Love that Hudson...!
The weather channel video of the tornadoes sent me right down to the basement when
our alarms went off.  Nothing more than wind here.  I wonder how those areas that were totally damaged will ever re-build.  Hugs to you.....Mere

I'm glad you're o.k. too Mere!  It's always so good to see you!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.