June 15, 2024, 02:57:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RUMORS OF BREAKING NEWS #8  (Read 236540 times)
Selena
Scared Monkey

« Reply #820 on: June 18, 2005, 01:54:03 AM »

The Netherlands is primarily a destination and transit country for trafficking of women and girls for the purpose of sexual exploitation; trafficking for labor exploitation exists to a lesser extent. Most victims are trafficked from Central and Eastern Europe, with some victims from Nigeria and Brazil. Reportedly, a significant percentage of the 25,000 individuals engaged in prostitution reportedly are trafficking victims. Internal trafficking of young, mostly foreign girls by Moroccan and Turkish pimps into sexual exploitation also occurs. The Netherlands Antilles, where the Netherlands exercises responsibility over visa issuance according to guidelines issued by the Netherlands Antilles, became more of a concern as a transit and destination for illegal migrants, some of whom may have been trafficked.

The Government of the Netherlands fully complies with the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking. Although the government did not provide final 2004 data on investigations, prosecutions, convictions and sentences, the Secretary of State has determined that it has made a good faith effort to do so. In 2004, the government adopted an anti-trafficking national action plan, expanded its outreach to potential trafficking victims and increased overall funding for protection and prevention. In January 2005, the government supplemented its existing trafficking law and incorporated forced labor into its definition of exploitation, bringing penalties in line with international standards. International scrutiny continued to focus on the legalized commercial sex industry in the Netherlands. Police reported a decrease in trafficking in the legalized sector, though comprehensive data on the number of trafficking victims is unavailable because the government did not carry out a recommended systematic screening of foreign prostitutes in the red-light district. While the government initiated several information and awareness raising campaigns, additional targeted and highly visible campaigns aimed directly at customers and women in the red-light zones should be made to increase effectiveness in combating the overall problem. - U.S. State Dept Trafficking in Persons Report, June, 2005

THEY ARE NOT REORTING THE NUMBERS
boxopen
Scared Monkey

« Reply #821 on: June 18, 2005, 01:54:06 AM »

Quote from: "Selena"
Charlies Bar is a brothel...
Hi "genious",
So, probably... YOU could explain why the girls goes there, don't you?  Evil or Very Mad
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #822 on: June 18, 2005, 01:54:54 AM »

Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
Quote from: "KerinTX"
Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
Here in Mtn Brook there are a lot of things people have done to help the family and her friends. I know that Natalee's mom has had a number of friends go down to help her. Others have set up a fund to help pay for search expenses and Dash has indicated that the friends are getting some help. On top of that is the constant symbolism of the yellow bows on most of the mailboxes and businesses here.

But then I see Natalee's mom saying that she "better get some answers soon" and I wonder what else can we do to keep the pressure on. What do we do if this investigation continues without any answers? Any suggestions?

That's one thing I wondered about...do you know how the family is doing financially? I mean, are all their expenses being covered by donations?

I do not know about the family's finances other than the fact that they both work but I do know that this community will support them as needed. I was not so much thinking about money as other things to push the investigation. I think Natalee's mom is right when she says that those boys know what happened to Natalee. What recourse does she have against them and their families? What recourse does she have against the Aruban govt. if they don't get anywhere?

Yes, I said yesterday that a mothers instinct is the strongest and Natalee's mom has said as soon as she talked to Joran she knew he was involved. Therefore, that's good enough for me!!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #823 on: June 18, 2005, 01:54:56 AM »

Quote from: "nancy_drew"
Quote from: "alabama_mom_of_2"
"Detailed of (Ecstasy) in clubs by young people attracts increasing attention."
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2005-06-14-aruba-image_x.html

Nancy, are you PMS'ing?

Nope, I only break from my normally charming personality when people are lazy with facts.
I like your "normally charming personality" best!
shemp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #824 on: June 18, 2005, 01:55:27 AM »

Quote from: "waitingtoknow"
I read somewhere that Holiday Inn is letting the family stay there for free...and that Delta has given special rates to family members coming to help in the search...and that the person who owns the private plane is making trips back and forth to bring family and friends...

McWane Inc (steel) is letting them use the plane- that is for PR i am sure since the INC. just got found guilty of polluting the streams that run through bham- to the tune of MILLIONS in fines.
RB
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #825 on: June 18, 2005, 01:55:33 AM »

Is this poster an Aruban????? ::::pointing flashlight into RB's eyes for confession:::

Damn, that thing is bright. I'll see spots for days...
Selena
Scared Monkey

« Reply #826 on: June 18, 2005, 01:56:58 AM »

Prosecution The Netherlands, in 2004, expanded the legal definition of trafficking to include forced labor and increased the maximum penalty for traffickers from six to eight years. Sentences of up to 12 years can apply in cases of serious physical injury. Average sentences increased by almost 3 months in 2003. Preliminary enforcement statistics reflected an increase in cases investigated for the first nine months of 2004. During this period, Dutch police initiated 604 investigations and referred 87 cases for prosecution. In 2003, the courts successfully prosecuted 127 trafficking-related crimes.
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: June 18, 2005, 01:58:10 AM »

Prosecution The Netherlands, in 2004, expanded the legal definition of trafficking to include forced labor and increased the maximum penalty for traffickers from six to eight years. Sentences of up to 12 years can apply in cases of serious physical injury. Average sentences increased by almost 3 months in 2003. Preliminary enforcement statistics reflected an increase in cases investigated for the first nine months of 2004. During this period, Dutch police initiated 604 investigations and referred 87 cases for prosecution. In 2003, the courts successfully prosecuted 127 trafficking-related crimes.

I think your point is made Selena.

It seems that this action was taken Internationally, I posted over at websleuths yesterday that this same tact was taken in DC. It happened after the Chandry Levy investigation. Homicides had to meet certain criteria to be counted in the logs. It cleared hundreds if not thousands of cold case off the books. Violent Crime rate in the district dropped to 12% after the adjustment.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=688861#post688861
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #828 on: June 18, 2005, 01:59:16 AM »

My family is starting to complain about my having FOX on 24/7. My husband just told my son that when he tried to change it earlier I started foaming at the mouth!! LOL

puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #829 on: June 18, 2005, 02:00:06 AM »

okeedokee, TWO AM is my cut off.  Gotta get some shut-eye.  Great CHATTING with you folks.  TTYL.

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: June 18, 2005, 02:00:26 AM »

Quote from: "absolut"

absolut...is RB a friend of yours? :::flashlight out:::

KerinTX
Monkey Junky

« Reply #831 on: June 18, 2005, 02:01:02 AM »

Quote from: "puggywug"
okeedokee, TWO AM is my cut off.  Gotta get some shut-eye.  Great CHATTING with you folks.  TTYL.

Puggy!!! Put the crown on the nightstand ok?

Whitney
Scared Monkey

« Reply #832 on: June 18, 2005, 02:01:02 AM »

absolutthanks for the stats...

Underlying the banter of this night, and for days preceding, I've been wondering/curious whether/what the influence of the immigration policy of the Netherlands has influenced its far reaching non-contiguous lands.  The Antilles and it's non-Antilles land, Aruba post 1986, had to have had vestiges of what is the current homeland-mother-country ills.  

In your research, have you come across some definitive resources on-point?

Thanks for that article.  

Whitney
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #833 on: June 18, 2005, 02:01:31 AM »

Just wanted to let those of you left that as out of it as I've been (not able to keep up)I realize by now that I really appreciate your knowledge and capabilties in this format most of you still here are really pretty sharp, so to speak!  Thanks for tolerating me without being real mean! Smile
alabama_mom_of_2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #834 on: June 18, 2005, 02:02:06 AM »

How many more times you gonna post this?

Praying for Natalee to return safely!
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #835 on: June 18, 2005, 02:02:09 AM »

Puggy!!! Put the crown on the nightstand ok?

No, no, YOU take it.  You are much more deserving than I.  YOU are the QUEEN of the MONKEY CLIQUE!

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
chloe2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #836 on: June 18, 2005, 02:02:14 AM »

Quote from: "Y'alls Psychic Detective"
Quote from: "CaliGirl"
Ladies and gents.. I bring you Max Arrends (man this search lasted an hour geesh)

http://connect.tickle.com/profile/index.html?id=PZBg5CRvFQPGDGKF

From the site: "My Life Until Now:  
I will miss a lot of my friends in Aruba, wish them the best. Life is great make it worthable.. do something for yourself and always keep a steady face .. Wink "

What does that mean?

He was accepted at a University in Florida (as was Jaron).  Speaking of which, how many people think that if somehow Jaron gets released, he will be going to a school in the US??  I don't think so!

Thanks for the link, Caligirl!

He was accepted at Valencia Community College, in Orlando. This leads me to believe he wants to get into the movie industry because Valencia has a below-the-line film program. University of Central Florida also has a film program, but it's above-the-line. He listed on his web site his ambition was to become a movie star. Anyway, that's just a little more information than anyone wanted, I'm sure. I just happen to know a lot about those schools and when I saw those two things, I formed an immediate picture of this kid . . . kind of a dreamer, IMHO.
TTownMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #837 on: June 18, 2005, 02:02:25 AM »

Night puggy!
absolut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #838 on: June 18, 2005, 02:03:08 AM »

absolut...is RB a friend of yours? :::flashlight out:::

Yep and so much more! ::::Turns a bright lighthouse searchlight toward KerinTX::::: Where is your confession of the evening?
puggywug
Scared Monkey

« Reply #839 on: June 18, 2005, 02:03:18 AM »

Quote from: "TTownMike"
Just wanted to let those of you left that as out of it as I've been (not able to keep up)I realize by now that I really appreciate your knowledge and capabilties in this format most of you still here are really pretty sharp, so to speak!  Thanks for tolerating me without being real mean! Smile

Tolerate?  Nonsense!  I enjoy your posts!

A Pug in a monkey Suit!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.