May 23, 2024, 03:57:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #10 1/23 - 6/12/2008  (Read 242790 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: February 28, 2008, 09:36:11 AM »

Today is the celebration of my hatching day.    Mrs. Owl is taking me out for a free dinner of baked meice puddings tonight.

Happy Birthday Great Owl !!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #261 on: February 28, 2008, 09:41:13 AM »

Thank You.  I had a great day.   

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #262 on: February 28, 2008, 08:43:15 PM »

Ah ... Great Owlie ... it is your birdy. Awww. Congratulations! I hope the meice puddings were yummy. 

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #263 on: February 28, 2008, 09:31:48 PM »

Mrs. Red...... please stay warm....  I hope you do not have too much to shovel. 

Thanks Owl....
I hope you had the absolutely most fabulous meice meal ever for you birthday!!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: February 28, 2008, 09:57:38 PM »

Thank you Louise, & Mrs. Red..... it was wonderful....   and now we are due for some more snow tonight.  by tomorrow we will have the most snow since 1890....... 

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #265 on: February 28, 2008, 10:00:56 PM »

Thank you Louise, & Mrs. Red..... it was wonderful....   and now we are due for some more snow tonight.  by tomorrow we will have the most snow since 1890....... 

I am starting to want global warming back!  DANG!!!  I even read an article that said the Artic has gained some ice this year!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2008, 10:44:44 PM »

Mark Lewis convicted of Second Degree Murder in the Kaitlin Aydell Murder Trial

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/16086507.html

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=7941844

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: February 29, 2008, 01:29:45 AM »

The best thing for a cough is Mucinex.  Drink lots of water.  Thins out the mucous so you can hack it up and get rid of it.  Coughing is useless unless it's productive.  I don't usually take most OTC cold stuff because it all says "if you have glaucoma, high blood pressure" and I don't need any more excitement.  So that leaves me with Nasacort (nasal spray) and Mucinex.  I do like Cold-Eze.  Tasty and they work pretty well. 

Anyway, I'm all about Mucinex.  No point in holding onto all that excess mucous.  Thin it out and cough it up! 

Never underestimate Vicks.  I remember my mother putting Vicks on my chest when I had a cold.  Then she would put a piece of baby flannel between me and my jammies and pin it in place.  (Nobody wants Vicks on their jammies.)  What a cheap and dirty technique for breaking up chest congestion.  Did you know you can buy candles that smell like Vicks and stink up your whole room?  You can solve your congestion problems and those of everyone else in the room.   

Always been a big Nyquil fan.  Yes, I know it's mostly alcohol.  Whatever.  The goal is that I wake up feeling better than when I went to bed.  Nyquil works for me. 

Chicken soup really does work.  Canned soup counts.  Go Campbells because they support womens heart health.

Alrighty then, enough wisdom from Peaches at the crack of dawn. 

Feel better my friends.

I use Mucinex expectorant, myself, since BP is affected by most over the counter meds.  My doc recommended it for me and I agree with you.  It breaks it all up.  I have a syndrome where meds that should make you drowsy make me hyped.  Codeine is one.  Vick's was a staple in my younger years...I think all the menthol cough losenges are gross...I'd whimp out and only take the cherry Smith Brothers....where are they now??

I am a menthol wimp, too.  You start out with a sore throat and then you burn it with menthol--never made sense to me.  I like Ludens.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: February 29, 2008, 01:34:09 AM »

Today is the celebration of my hatching day.    Mrs. Owl is taking me out for a free dinner of baked meice puddings tonight.

Hope your day was happy! (and the meice running slow today).

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: February 29, 2008, 07:12:02 AM »

Hope your day was happy! (and the meice running slow today).

in this weather the meices are frozen, Thank you....

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #270 on: February 29, 2008, 08:51:19 AM »

Well I got the snow cleared again this morning.  This is a winter to remember.  I've given up on praying that it will not snow any more.  We have two more months of this.  Our major problem right now is that the snow banks are so high next to sidewalks and driveways that when the warm sun does melt anything the water has no where to run.  Everything is like a skating rink.  I hate to use salt up next to the grass because all that will do is to cause me to have to replant if the spring ever does decide to come our way.  All the drainage is so covered with thick ice that only evaporation will get rid of the water.

The next huge problem will be coming up in late April and May.  The rivers will begin to over flow their banks causing flooding.  The lakes, especially Lake Winnebago, will have ice heaves coming ashore.  You want to see something scary its a 25 foot bank of ice being blown towards your house.  I know there will be considerable shoreline damage this spring.  Nothing can stop that ice when the hard winds blow.

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #271 on: February 29, 2008, 09:11:10 AM »

A Southern boy is driving down a back road in Crossville, TN   
A sign in front of a restaurant reads:

HAPPY HOUR SPECIAL

Lobster Tail and Beer

'Lord almighty' he says to himself, 'my three favorite things

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: February 29, 2008, 01:10:46 PM »

A Southern boy is driving down a back road in Crossville, TN   
A sign in front of a restaurant reads:

HAPPY HOUR SPECIAL

Lobster Tail and Beer

'Lord almighty' he says to himself, 'my three favorite things

Hi Peaches   Happy Fried-Day to you!  And Happy Leap Year too!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: February 29, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »

Its Leap Day!!!!!! 

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: February 29, 2008, 10:35:07 PM »

Peaches... that's funny

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2008, 08:08:10 PM »

An update on our situation. I need to vent. I want to put my praise of Liberty Mutual on hold, until this is all worked out and my house is on the way to being rebuilt.

The mayor said fire victims should be in the rebuild phase by now. The insurance company is dragging this out. I am upset and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #276 on: March 02, 2008, 02:33:35 AM »

An update on our situation. I need to vent. I want to put my praise of Liberty Mutual on hold, until this is all worked out and my house is on the way to being rebuilt.

The mayor said fire victims should be in the rebuild phase by now. The insurance company is dragging this out. I am upset and I don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Call your State Insurance Commissioner.  Have all your claim stuff in front of you.  Tell them your story and why you feel your insurance company is stalling.  Insurance is heavily regulated.  There are time limits and rules to follow.  In GA, you can file a Complaint with the Insurance Commissioner online and they investigate your allegations and call/write to follow up with you. 

I had a problem with a health insurance claim.  My DH went to the ER with chest pain and was admitted overnight, the whole shitteree.  He did things right.  I told him what to do and made sure the PCP knew.  Insurance stalled.  I filed a complaint online.  Insurance paid. 

Insurance companies do not want to have the Insurance Commissioner on their ass.  Now, go get 'em.

Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #277 on: March 02, 2008, 02:43:46 AM »

Shell, time on my hands... Here ya go:

http://www.insurance.ca.gov/contact-us/0200-file-complaint/

Example of types of problems:

"1.Improper denial or delay in settlement of a claim."

Once you file a Complaint, the Ins. Com. will take over and notify the carrier who will then have a specified number of days in which to respond to your complaint in writing in duplicate to the Ins. Com. 

I respond to these letters all the time.  Generally, our response is the last I hear about the complaint but most of the complaints we get are really lame and since we aren't out to screw people intentionally (very ethical bunch I work for), it all works out. 

My personal insurance problem was handled very well by the insurance commissioner.  He lit a fire under the carrier who paid all the bills they were stalling on and didn't give me any more crap.

You may be able to get away with just telling your adjuster that if things don't start moving, your next call is to the Insurance Commissioner's office.  I've done that as well.  John Oxendine's office (GA State Ins. Com) fined Aetna a couple years ago... big bucks... for jacking people around on health claims.  Like I said, lots of rules.  Insurance Commissioner is there for YOU.  Use them.  Best of luck. 

Expect a miracle.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: March 02, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »

Peaches, my hubby wrote a stern letter to ins co. and cc to Insurance Commissioner of Ca. They opened a file for us but we have not officially filed a complaint. I really wanted this to work out without that next step. We have insurance to cover replacement of our home. I don't know what is taking them so long, especially when they assured us they would get everything resolved asap and let us move on with our lives. They have 40 days I think from when they got the letter.

When the plans are drawn, the lot graded and the house staked out, to delay this is discouraging, not to mention if they try to lowball us. And I already get the gut feeling they will. Thanks for your input and it is good to know how well the Insurance Comm works.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: March 02, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.