June 03, 2024, 06:02:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #12 10/04 - 12/16/2008  (Read 153449 times)
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #940 on: December 10, 2008, 09:45:04 AM »

HI MONKEYS!!

Just wanted to say CONGRATS TO DOLCE!!!!!!!!!!!

&

PRAYERS FOR TIM!!!!!!

I have been in the Caylee forums but things have been heated alot and I have just tried to keep to myself...

Today will be my last day here for a while time to cut off the internet and go into ultra save mode!
Hubby and I are still out of work and things are really tight...I live not far from Dow's Chemicals main plant in Midland,MI and my city is already bad I can only imagine what this will bring to the area...

On my local news yesterday they announced that the request for toys this year has been so high that right now they just do not have enough to meet those requests...Not sure how they are going to address that but Im sure the Salvation Army has a back up plan..

My town really amazes me on one street houses completely remodled are going for 55,000-75000 then literally the next street goes for 300,000+...

I have 6 abandoned houses just on my section of the steet, meaning inbetween the two crossroads..

Crime Rate is sky high...

I used to wish my family could move from this town if we just had some extra money,now I just need money to stay afloat..LOL

However Its Christmas time MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR!! I am so excited even if there are not many gifts..I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!!! We are lucky enough we live 30 minutes from the worlds Largest Christmas store , Bronners , and I love going there with my kids the expression on there face is so wonderful it makes me overjoyed...

Well monkeys take care and have an amazing Christmas and New Years...Ill drop in time to time from the library...If all else fails my DH starts back at his other job in April so I will see you on the flip side!

I love all the updates on everyone and Dolce cant wait to here more bout those wonderful babies!!!

PS My lil cousin that had the surgery for LTGA is doing amazing now!! He just turned 5 months old and is 29 inches long!!!!! His legs go on forever!!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL THE AMAZING MONKEYS!!!!!!!!!!

misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: December 10, 2008, 09:47:55 AM »

One more thing
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #942 on: December 10, 2008, 10:01:12 AM »

misitx5 ~  Merry Christmas to you.  And big (((hugs))).  Even during the hard times, you are so kind to remember the good things and to bring a card for us.  Thank you misi!    I hope you can  get to the library and have access  so you can come post and let us know how you are.  Keep your name and pw in a safe place, so you can come back to us as you can and when you can.  I'm sorry to hear it's still rough going for you family.  Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  Muffy

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #943 on: December 10, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »

One more thing

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Misitx5.  Be safe until you can join us again.

I live in FL and my job has gone from 40 to 12 hours a week.  Lost all benefits.  And you know, there are so many worse off than me, I am just grateful to still be working at all.

I think maybe we could use a little expectation lowering in this country.  My parents lived through the depression and the rest of us could prolly use a little education in "downsizing".  I think we are going to get that education whether we want to or not.  Hopefully, we will remember how to help each other out as much as possible cuz we are not alone in this mess.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: December 10, 2008, 12:24:07 PM »

Good Morning.  I've been setting here for 5 minutes trying to figure out why I can't make a post.  The little box at the bottom was gone.  Then it occured to me that I had empty my cookies which for some rediculous reason is in my puuter so I had to log in again.  Haha.  I overslept and my brain ain't workin. lol

Anywho just wanted to let mistix and garden gnome know that they and their familys are in my prayers.

Snoopy had another good night.

And Happy Birthday Daddy. RIP
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: December 10, 2008, 01:24:46 PM »

Thanks You everyone so much!!  And I agree we definitely need some "downsizing" in this country my husband and I were talking about how alot of the younger generation do not know what its like to be told "NO" or to go without...I think it builds character and I think through this all my kids will learn a valuable life lesson.I take a lot of **** from people thinking I am to hard on my kids because I expect them to Respect people.animals and all things.I always get "Let them be kids" but I like my kids to show respect....Right down to not putting their feet all over seats in public and stuff because others have to sit there too.

It does not take a lot to teach kids respect and about doing good for others...

We have food.shelter,heat,water,electricity,clothing all your basic stuff plus "perks" like tv and a car and some video games,movies and most importantly our health.....I am using this time to teach my kids that we are lucky to just have what we have because  so many people out there are such worse off than us...And to be happy for what they have...

I admit Im only 30 and in the past have fell into that "my kids need" lots of gifts...HAHA need ok...LOL Boy I got sucked right into that..

But now with not much I am having a happier holiday than ever! I truly feel so lucky to just be where I am....And I really believe that this will be a very important Christmas in my kids lives one that will teach them to be a better person...(I CAN HOPE CANT I...LOL)

Garden Gnome I am sure we will come out for the better I am just hoping all the others stuggling make it out ok too...
(((((((HUGS))))))) To all my Monkeys!!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: December 10, 2008, 05:00:28 PM »

misitx5 - Merry Christmas to you and your family. 
             I'm sure with your attitude your children will have a lovely Christmas.  Your positive outlook is so refreshing.  Hang in there and get back when you can.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: December 11, 2008, 10:11:08 AM »

misitx5,
  I will remember you and your family in my prayers..Merry Christmas and may the New Year be hopeful!!! Big Hugs,Tater

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: December 11, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »

Thank You all so much monkeys I have no clue why I still have internet I called the phone company and cancelled my internet, I was told I would be disconnected on Dec 10th...I guess some thing wanted me to be here with you wonderful monkeys for the discovery today....So if by chance I disppear tonight or tomorrow you will know where I am...

Thank you all so much! I am sure I wont be here to much longer but will cherish the time I am!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: December 11, 2008, 07:35:58 PM »

Thank You all so much monkeys I have no clue why I still have internet I called the phone company and cancelled my internet, I was told I would be disconnected on Dec 10th...I guess some thing wanted me to be here with you wonderful monkeys for the discovery today....So if by chance I disppear tonight or tomorrow you will know where I am...

Thank you all so much! I am sure I wont be here to much longer but will cherish the time I am!

I'm glad you have a little more time with us, especially in light that Caylee was found today, and you were able to be here with us.Please give us a holler when you get to the library and internet access, once your internet  goes kaput.  We'll leave the porch light on for you. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: December 12, 2008, 03:15:02 PM »

Mistix, I feel for ya! I would not have internet now either(well, I dont at night,,, go figure!), but I fought with them over my bill and got a reprieve. My 16 yr old had to make a choice of Christmas or homecoming, which was to be tonight. He chose homecoming to please his girlfriend and we got a snowstorm yesterday and now the dance is cancelled and we have new clothes, shoes and corsages that I had to pay for which we do not need. I am so depressed! I could have bought my son a Christmas gift! And, the courts do nothing to enforce child support!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
misitx5
Monkey Junky

« Reply #951 on: December 12, 2008, 05:03:21 PM »

Mistix, I feel for ya! I would not have internet now either(well, I dont at night,,, go figure!), but I fought with them over my bill and got a reprieve. My 16 yr old had to make a choice of Christmas or homecoming, which was to be tonight. He chose homecoming to please his girlfriend and we got a snowstorm yesterday and now the dance is cancelled and we have new clothes, shoes and corsages that I had to pay for which we do not need. I am so depressed! I could have bought my son a Christmas gift! And, the courts do nothing to enforce child support!

Thats is so cool they gave you a reprieve..I need to have mine cancelled before I get really behind with all our bills.I called so now I see what happens...I am lucky to have a family member who has helped us out with rent.It was only a temp thing but everything helps right now...

My kids each got 2 small gifts this year and thats it....My oldest is getting a sock monkey she is obsessed with them...How could I say no to a monkey? LOL
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #952 on: December 12, 2008, 05:32:16 PM »

Dejasade

Just wanted to explain what happened to Destiny w/o getting kicked off.  She had some fierce word w/one of the mods and some other people on the Caylee forum.  She said she was going to take some time away.  That was back in November, I haven't seen her since.  I enjoyed her information, as I enjoy yours.  It seems I always see you posting in the same threads as me. Most the time you're posting exactly what I'm thinking. 

Take care & Merry Christmas,
Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #953 on: December 13, 2008, 12:20:40 PM »

Monken wanted me to post this picture for her:

Very cool!
Garden Gnome
Scared Monkey

« Reply #954 on: December 13, 2008, 12:30:54 PM »

Monken wanted me to post this picture for her:

Very cool!

Beautiful!  Did you make that, Monken?  If so, you have lots of talent!  I can bake like crazy but decorating is not one of my gifts.

Every now and then soft as breath upon my skin, I feel you come back again....and I believe.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #955 on: December 13, 2008, 12:48:16 PM »

VERY NICE!! Looks yummy too Very Happy .... I demand all the end pieces Very Happy

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #956 on: December 13, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »

Thank you All!!  Yes, I made it! I've been decorating cakes for years & have tons of pictures; this is what I was working on yesterday! It's very time consuming but I love doing it!! I've probably done every cartoon character or theme known to man!!  I do lots of painting too, I have 3 carousel horses that I've painted that are on display downtown. And I've done murals & things in people's homes! Just thought I'd share, Thanks All!!   

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: December 13, 2008, 02:14:02 PM »

Wow Monken...that's terrific...can you share more?  Do you sell your paintings?   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: December 13, 2008, 02:24:47 PM »

I want some cake....

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: December 13, 2008, 04:29:33 PM »

Wow!  Monken you are a very talented little monkey!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.