June 01, 2024, 08:45:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #747 4/11 - 4/17/08  (Read 282761 times)
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #800 on: April 16, 2008, 04:24:31 PM »

From the Aruba BB regarding American Airlines wanting to cancel it's flight to Aruba:
Wally3433
Extra Helpful Expert

Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject:   

Holy **it. If American pulls out - you can kiss Aruba goodbye for another 2 or three years tourism wise - would be much worse than NH. At least with NH, you could blame problems on 1 person. Nobody is going to put up with Civil Unrest at a vacation destination.

I am personally pissed becuase my flight next weekend is on American. I don't know what is going on down there - how can Aruba let a stupid little strike like this get in the way. How many workers are we talking about? 25? 50? 20,000? What a joke.

joran van der sloot

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #801 on: April 16, 2008, 04:27:28 PM »

and another thing - Wally3433 the Extra Helpful Expert needs shot in the head, dumped in a basin and hauled out to sea. What a self centered pr*ck!

I almost feel like saying I wish his plane would crash and burn on the runway while landing on death trap island. but I won't.

+++

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #802 on: April 16, 2008, 04:35:32 PM »

Here's why a boycott was, and is, necessary:

The Arubans would have never done anything unless their economy was threatened. Greed and money were the very basis for the widespread government cover-up in the first place. The boycott was, and is, a valuable tool to force the Aruban government to prosecute their criminals and bring Natalee home.

The Arubans only understand money, primarily American dollars. Take that away from them and they will begin to understand you do not allow murderers to run free on the island drugging, raping, and killing American girls.

The boycott has been very effective. In fact, the boycott is 100% necessary until they bring justice to Natalee and her family, and it will continue until they do.

That's it in a nutshell.  Great post.

i agree with you about the greed and the importance of the tourism sector on Aruba.
for other countries for example oil is important enough to go to war.

but i doubt the boycott itself ever worked. maybe the threat of a boycott.
money is also important for the other side - i am not sure but it seems Aruba is somewhat of a cheap holiday destination.
in the lower range destinations.

but if talking about 'the arubans', remember those Arubans are misinformed by the government.
so for me primarly the government is to blame.

now with the weak dollar Aruba has a huge problem i think. 1.60 almost for a euro now.
and Aruba has to pay The Netherlands the loans and interest in euro's, but the income is in dollars.
because they pegged the Aruban florin to the dollar, not the euro (former dutch guilder).
of course Aruba is very hesitant to peg the florin to the euro because mostly dollars are spent on the island.

i really hope those strikes and unrest lead to a government fall. but this is tricky because the MEP has a majority.
but if there are early elections MEP will likely loose and the new government might open up the can of worms of the corruption of the current government.
then finally i hope there is real progress in the Natalee-case.
but any new government will also be hesitant to expose the banana republic as this will hurt the economy.
but if the people really are fed up with the corruption they should demand this.

also Johan Remkes of the VVD opposition party in The Hague called for a Dutch Commenwealth consisting of Aruba, Curaçao, St. Maarten and The Netherlands itself.
Remkes was minister of the interior (and kingdom affairs) in a previous government.
he is saying the changes in the kingdom should also involve Aruba.
Aruba
Ook voor Aruba moet een andere toekomst worden uitgestippeld, vindt Remkes: "Gelijke monniken, gelijke kappen." Op grond van gemaakte afspraken is dat moeilijk, maar hij wil de gesprekken hierover toch heropenen. "Ik ga ervan uit dat men op Aruba bereid is om voor de wat langere termijn over de meeste wenselijke constructie te praten."

Hoe het hervorminsgproces ook verder gaat, Remkes vindt dat Nederland doortastend moet optreden. "Wij hebben een belangrijke verantwoordelijkheid op grond van het Statuut. Als er op het terrein van de rechtshandhaving en de integriteit van bestuur geen daadwerkelijke verbeteringen optreden, dan moet Nederland die verantwoordelijkheid niet ontlopen. Er is vaker een vorm van hoger toezicht ingesteld. Nederland moet niet aarzelen om in te grijpen."
http://antilliaans.caribiana.nl/politiek/car20080415_remkes-gemenebest

he is talking here about article 43 of the kingdom charter.
he says The Netherlands shouldn't hesitate to take action if no improvements are made regarding justice and sound goverment.

Good to see you Caesu and I agree a change of government is in order! As for the boycott their leaders have unfortunately placed their citizens in a very compromising position. Catch 22. No boycott and the leaders continue down their path of evil. The Aruban government has screwed an innocent Amercan girl and her family along with their entire citizenship.

I still believe the boycott has had an effect. They have no money to give their employees raises and if all was grand they would. Any increases in tourism they have had the past year has been negated by rabid inflation and raised taxes. If you're not moving forward you are moving backwards and Aruba is sliding into an abyss of gloom.

The strikes are going to hurt them even more. Their leaders are screwing them again but they have no choice, they have pissed away the island's financial resources by making some terribly unwise decisions over the past three years.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: April 16, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »

Goodmorning everyone!
who the hell is this ?

This is Renee Gielen.  I'd recognize her, anywhere.  Would be a clearer picture if she was sitting on a Minister's lap.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #804 on: April 16, 2008, 04:41:23 PM »

Even the "innocent" Arubans know where to hit, to get action.  Aim for the planes that bring tourists.  Even the everyday Aruban knows to get the government to take notice, you must effect tourism.  They had posted the pictures of schools with slum conditions and commented on their health department.  Nope...no action....I'll bet shutting down the airlines brings "discussions".  Even they know when they need to boycott and what will get results.  Being nice and responsible does not get the government's attention.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: April 16, 2008, 04:41:44 PM »

and another thing - Wally3433 the Extra Helpful Expert needs shot in the head, dumped in a basin and hauled out to sea. What a self centered pr*ck!

I almost feel like saying I wish his plane would crash and burn on the runway while landing on death trap island. but I won't.

Hey old buddy, if it had been only "1 person" they may have Joran in prison by now. Add Daddy-o, Van der Straten, Jannsen, Kalpoes, Freddy and friends, Jacobs, Smid, Wit, Nels, Rudy, AHATA/ATA, the news trolls and lord knows who else to the equation and you have the very reason nobody has been prosecuted. TOO MANY DAMN PEOPLE INVOLVED. They'd need to add an extra wing to KIA to accomodate them all.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #806 on: April 16, 2008, 04:45:39 PM »

Hey old buddy, if it had been only "1 person" they may have Joran in prison by now. Add Daddy-o, Van der Straten, Jannsen, Kalpoes, Freddy and friends, Jacobs, Smid, Wit, Nels, Rudy, AHATA/ATA, the news trolls and lord knows who else to the equation and you have the very reason nobody has been prosecuted. TOO MANY DAMN PEOPLE INVOLVED. They'd need to add an extra wing to KIA to accomodate them all.

That inmate, that donates "clean" urine, could make a bundle.
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: April 16, 2008, 04:45:51 PM »

Even the "innocent" Arubans know where to hit, to get action.  Aim for the planes that bring tourists.  Even the everyday Aruban knows to get the government to take notice, you must effect tourism.  They had posted the pictures of schools with slum conditions and commented on their health department.  Nope...no action....I'll bet shutting down the airlines brings "discussions".  Even they know when they need to boycott and what will get results.  Being nice and responsible does not get the government's attention.

Just like the boycott, hit'em in the pocketbook. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #808 on: April 16, 2008, 04:46:39 PM »

http://cbs4.com:80/local/Brilliance.of.the.2.700385.html

Apr 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Feds Find Kilos Of Cocaine Stashed On RCCL Cruise

MIAMI (CBS4) ― A luxury cruise ship, which docked at the Port of Miami over the weekend was carrying more than just passengers, it was carrying an illegal load of cocaine.

Agents from US Customs and Border Protection and Immigration Customs Enforcement seized 16 kilos of cocaine from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines 'Brilliance of the Seas.'

Security personnel on the ship found the drugs in a passenger cabin on April 11th. The cabin was sealed off until the vessel docked at the Port of Miami.

The drugs, 26 bricks of cocaine, was found hidden behind some ceiling panels. 16 kilos is about 35 pounds.

Officials say they think the cocaine was brought on the ship by passengers and left behind in order to be smuggled off the ship at a later date.

The ship had just returned from a voyage that included Aruba, Panama, Costa Rica and Grand Cayman.

Wonder if they were tipped off....those ships are turned around so quickly before they leave for the next cruise, I wouldn't think bricks of cocaine would be found in ceiling tiles in a routine cleaning.   

Hmmmmm....could "bricks of cocaine" be considered as "bricks of gold"?

Opps!! I got caugth up in the moment and forgot that Sango is definitely not my thing.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: April 16, 2008, 04:46:43 PM »

That inmate, that donates "clean" urine, could make a bundle.

johan555
Monkey Junky

hay welkom here !!!

« Reply #810 on: April 16, 2008, 04:49:43 PM »

I found this somewere :
Date: 06-03-05 13:01
My husband and I were in Aruba last week and spent time with the girls on The DePalm tours snorkel/booze cruise. We saw Natalie later that night at Carlos and Charlies and we commented that she was up to partyubg that night because of the exhaustive day we had on the boat. When we saw her leave she left by herself. No one was with her but we did notice some local guys talking to her while she was in there. I do not know if this will help but my heart goes out to the family and I can not believe this has happened.I live 4000 miles away outside of Detroit, Michigan and I feel like it happened to somone I know having spent tome with them on the boat. I even have pictures of them.I will pray for her and her family. Sincerly John and Michele 

Wanneer domme mensen domme dingen beweren, dan moet je ze niet corrigeren, maar glimlachend gelijk geven.

http://www.nataleeholloway.smfnew.com/index.php
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #811 on: April 16, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »

Hi Buckeye, of course they do. And we're not stooopid. We all know the way to get Aruba to act is by shutting down the greenback pipeline. I bet they have a meeting every morning and try to figger out what they can do to rob Peter to pay Paul.

They got themselves in this mess, let them figure out how to get out. They one is easy to answer esay!

+++

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: April 16, 2008, 04:50:54 PM »

Someone must have burnt the body to conceal more than just drugs, beating, stab wounds, etc...

Morning Bro! They need to re-name it The Tunnel of Death on the Island Of No Return.

Do great minds think alike or are you using my posts?  j/b

Think this is a well-planned marketing stategy for them to appeal to Freddy Kruger fans, Jack?

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: April 16, 2008, 04:53:57 PM »

Nothing like airing out your dirty laundering during high season, Buckeye. This won't help their numbers in 2009.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #814 on: April 16, 2008, 04:53:58 PM »

Hi Ya Dayhiker
I find it amazing that lil Wally is pissed that his plane might not land and the government workers strike is the only thing that got him hot under the collar. That guy must be living under a rock.

It proves my point that all the wrong people go missing.

I'd be happy at this point with Joran in KIA or a casket - take your pick.

+++

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: April 16, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »

You bet that Arubans know that boycotts/strikes gets them exactly what they desire.  I can only assume that Arubans never had a desire that justice prevailed for an eighteen year old American tourist ... there was not boycott ... not strike ... not even a protest ... in an attempt to put pressure on their elected official.

Logic dictates ... many American tourists no longer have a desire to support the Aruban economy.  It is something called loyality to their own.

Janet

BOYCOTT ARUBA!!!

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #816 on: April 16, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »

I found this somewere :
Date: 06-03-05 13:01
My husband and I were in Aruba last week and spent time with the girls on The DePalm tours snorkel/booze cruise. We saw Natalie later that night at Carlos and Charlies and we commented that she was up to partyubg that night because of the exhaustive day we had on the boat. When we saw her leave she left by herself. No one was with her but we did notice some local guys talking to her while she was in there. I do not know if this will help but my heart goes out to the family and I can not believe this has happened.I live 4000 miles away outside of Detroit, Michigan and I feel like it happened to somone I know having spent tome with them on the boat. I even have pictures of them.I will pray for her and her family. Sincerly John and Michele 

Most of us saw this back then, too, Johan.....not sure it was Natalee and if the pictures and info were forwarded to the family (I'm thinking it was debunked, but could be wrong).  Perhaps someone else knows or remembers better than I.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: April 16, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »

Private Eye:
"beth is working on some big publicity event for aruba that will spotlight their true colors. so have faith, and stay tune:)"

is this an older post or was PI talking about currently?

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: April 16, 2008, 05:28:40 PM »

maybe Oduber / Rudy Croes fear Dutch influence in their government (including justice department) if they raise the salaries of the state workers.

because then the have to ask for Dutch loans. interest on those loans is in euros.
before Rudy Croes said that Aruba was financially independent from The Netherlands.
in 2009 the financial aid from The Netherlands is stopping.
the other islands are not financially independent from The Netherlands.
Oduber and Croes bring this up if Dutch politicians say Aruba and The Antilles waste so much Dutch tax money.

Hirsch Ballin and previous Dutch justice ministers have been pressing for more influence for years.
like one OM for all the islands, one procureur general, one police department.
now Aruba has those seperate.
Rudy Croes even wanted to move the Higher Court to Aruba or even establish its own Higher Court independent from the one in Curaçao.

but the weak dollar is hurting Aruba. next to that maybe Americans have less money to spend too due to financial crisis.
on top of that the (treat of a) boycott, which is a small factor i think if it is even a factor.

Bonaire the other island is under conservatorship, meaning the Dutch are in charge of the budget because Bonaire couldn't get their budget in order. this might also happen to St. Maarten or is already happened - not sure.

the Aruban government wants to prevent this happening to their island by all means.
because then the Dutch get to have say in the Aruban governance.
as a result of that the corruption might get exposed.
and the mess Rudy Croes made of his (and his brothers Hendrik) much beloved justice department.

Aruba is different from the other islands because the economy is for the most based on American tourism.
Curaçao has oil industry and Bonaire has salt industry next to tourism.
(by the way: the port of Curaçao is also on strike now)
very unfortunately all these strikes on Aruba and Curaçao are not reported in Dutch national media much.

Aruba doesn't have oil industry anymore, it shifted to tourism in the 80s.
it is never smart to base to economy on one sector alone.

i think this is in short the problem the Aruban government is facing now.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: April 16, 2008, 06:01:04 PM »

Private Eye:
"beth is working on some big publicity event for aruba that will spotlight their true colors. so have faith, and stay tune:)"

is this an older post or was PI talking about currently?

Quote from: private eye on April 07, 2008, 01:34:33 AM
hello janet and *******. i have had the pleasure of my youngest daughter so I have been distracted but I have tried to keep up. it is quiet now, but I haven't heard the fat lady sing yet, and I apologize beth for that phrase, but slim as you are, you are the fat lady in this production. i don't know what, but i would bet my life that beth is working on some big publicity event for aruba that will spotlight their true colors. so have faith, and stay tune))) i am wore out from waiting on my grown independent child and am going to be. I thought about having an emancipation party for my daughter as I don't think she realizes she is grown and independent now. or somebody told her the age of emancipation was 30 and not 21, or 18:) but i love it:)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2769.msg371692#msg371692

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.