May 29, 2024, 02:08:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 727753 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »

Agree Cookie.   Maybe she didn't want to go home.   If mom and dad are divorcing, and mom is out partying now - and B has to babysit all the time, then maybe she just decided to split and have fun.    Her mom did say that she is the oldest of her children.   Did she ever say how many other children were in the household?   Her mom looks like a partyer to me.  just sayin....    I sure hope no foul play is involved.

could be....since she is the eldest, she may get stuck staying with the younger kids...even when or if mom is working....Not sure how many kids are in the house...B probably has a lot more responsibility than she had before the split? dunno...
Maybe this will bring her parents back together or at least make them closer....It is rough for kids nowadays to go through parents divorcing, all the peer pressure etc...
darling girl...hope she is found safe!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 10:28:55 AM »

I can't put too much stock into the 'sighting'. There are a boat load of girls down there that fit her description.....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:18 AM »

I can't put too much stock into the 'sighting'. There are a boat load of girls down there that fit her description.....

true...and have they released the grainy tape showing this girl? has the mom seen it? has any monkey on here seen it? I had heard a blib about it...

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2009, 11:32:05 AM »

It's not Brittanee

Posted at: 04/30/2009 11:27 AM | WHEC.com
Updated at: 04/30/2009 11:29 AM

Myrtle Beach Police: Girl seen on bus not missing Chili teen

olice in Myrtle Beach have confirmed to News 10NBC that the young woman spotted on a bus in Myrtle Beach yesterday is not Britanee Drexel. The 17-year-old has been missing since Saturday night when she was last seen on the beach around 8 p.m.

Passengers on a bus reported to police seeing a young woman who matched Drexel's description. Police tracked that person down and it is not Britanee Drexel who is a junior at Gates-Chili.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2009, 11:33:45 AM »

I'm back to - WHY IN THE HECK WOULD SOMEONE LEAVE 2 AM, LEAVE A $100 ROOM DEPOSIT AND HIGH-TAIL IT BACK 17 HOURS if he had nothing to do with Brittanee's disappearance?

+++

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2009, 11:34:35 AM »

It's not Brittanee

olice in Myrtle Beach have confirmed to News 10NBC that the young woman spotted on a bus in Myrtle Beach yesterday is not Britanee Drexel. The 17-year-old has been missing since Saturday night when she was last seen on the beach around 8 p.m.

Passengers on a bus reported to police seeing a young woman who matched Drexel's description. Police tracked that person down and it is not Britanee Drexel who is a junior at Gates-Chili.

edit to add link

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S907140.shtml?cat=566

+++

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2009, 11:42:08 AM »

I'm back to - WHY IN THE HECK WOULD SOMEONE LEAVE 2 AM, LEAVE A $100 ROOM DEPOSIT AND HIGH-TAIL IT BACK 17 HOURS if he had nothing to do with Brittanee's disappearance?

Exactly. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2009, 11:47:37 AM »

Exactly. 

Hi Muffy.. hope you're doing well!!

Well, here it is again.

Another missing person case on day 5 and still not completely being investigated as a possible homicide.

There are very few reports and I have seen nothing about any cars being confiscated.

+++

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2009, 11:47:45 AM »

Very odd behavior I must agree Rob.  He could have left a couple of hours earlier and saved a whole day's charges.

I do hope they have his car in custody as well.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2009, 11:49:17 AM »

Exactly. 

Hi Muffy.. hope you're doing well!!

Well, here it is again.

Another missing person case on day 5 and still not completely being investigated as a possible homicide.

There are very few reports and I have seen nothing about any cars being confiscated.

times awasting! they need to get going on the car thing especially and this kid who left the hotel at that hour....something is not right ...we all know it...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 11:51:23 AM »

REMINDER:  Be careful judging people by how they look.  This is the mother of a missing young lady.  Personally, I find it hard to believe she's riding the bus back and forth and not letting anyone know she's OK.  I don't think she is OK.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »

Rob,

And once again, it's another tourist destination.  Would the MBPD be the ones to declare it homicide or something other than missing person case? 

Maybe the FBI will add that part about believed to have met with foul play or endangered.

I hope at least the car is being watched.  And hope they do not drag their feet hoping to prevent bad PR for beach season.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2009, 11:57:20 AM »

I am beginning to think it is very bad luck to have "Marie" as a middle name!

PERSONA NON GRATA

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2009, 12:08:48 PM »

I am beginning to think it is very bad luck to have "Marie" as a middle name!
/

I think "Marie" is a lovely middle name.  And I don't think luck  nor a middle name has anything to do with Brittanee Marie Drexel being missing.   My hope is if her family or friends read here, they won't take your comment wrong, Anna. They may feel sensitive about her name.  Knowing you as I do from posting with you for a number of years, I feel you are a good and caring person.  Just clarifying, in case one who knows Brittanee reads here.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2009, 12:17:01 PM »

It's not Brittanee

hi Rob!  Thanks for the update. I was so hoping it was her.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2009, 12:17:58 PM »

I am so with you on this!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2009, 12:20:52 PM »

It's not Brittanee

I was hoping it was her but I figured it probably wasn't.  That would have been to good to be true.

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2009, 12:24:10 PM »

I'm a bitl confused about this guy.  Is he an ex-boyfriend?  Did she know him before or did she just meet him? 

I agree with Rob...by leaving like he did, he raised HUGE red flags.

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 12:24:11 PM »

Here's a different news source with a little more infomation...

http://www.wmbftv.com/global/story.asp?s=10270997

Woman spotted on bus not missing teen

Posted: April 29, 2009 10:42 AM EDT

Updated: April 30, 2009 11:14 AM EDT

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Police confirmed Thursday that a woman seen on a bus from Georgetown to Myrtle Beach Wednesday is not a missing teenager.

Police said witnesses spotted Brittanee Drexel, 17, a Rochester, NY girl, getting off a bus at First Avenue North and Ocean Boulevard around 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.

"We can confirm that this woman is not Ms. Drexel," Capt. David Knipes said in a press release. "Even though this lead did not pan out, we are still hopeful that we locate Ms. Drexel safe and sound."

Knipes said the department is continuing to investigate all leads, and encourage anyone with information to call them at 843-918-1952 or 918-1382.

Relatives of the girl handed out flyers to local residents Tuesday in hopes of tracking down the teen who was last seen on Saturday.

So far, both police and relatives have come up empty handed.

Investigators from the Myrtle Beach Police Department met with a family friend of Drexel on Saturday upon the request of the girl's mother. John Hahn says he last made contact with Drexel on Saturday around 8 p.m.

Police say that's around the same time a group of men from her hometown last saw the missing teen, as well. Police continue to question Pete Broswick, Phillip Watson, Matthew Abrams and Keith Cummings after meeting Drexel at Club Kryptonite on Friday evening.

Questioning has revealed Drexel made additional contact with the group of men at an area of beach near the Blue Water Resort around 11 a.m. Saturday. Drexel met the group a second time in their hotel room later that night.

Broswick told police Drexel was involved in an argument with a friend over a pair of shorts she was wearing. Broswick reports Drexel had left his hotel room to return the clothing Saturday evening, and contact was lost with the teen after she left.

Dawn Drexel tells WMBF News that she isn't pointing fingers yet, but thinks Broswick may know something investigators don't.

"To me, I think he knows something," she commented Tuesday evening. "Something's just not right."

Drexel is described by the Myrtle Beach Police Department as 5 feet tall and 103 pounds. She is said to have shoulder-length straight brown hair with blue eyes.

Drexel was last seen wearing a multi-colored shirt, black shorts and flip flops. Police have noted the teen suffers from depression.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Drexel is asked to contact the Myrtle Beach Police Department immediately.

©2009 WMBF News. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2009, 12:26:45 PM »

I'm a bitl confused about this guy.  Is he an ex-boyfriend?  Did she know him before or did she just meet him? 

I agree with Rob...by leaving like he did, he raised HUGE red flags.
IIRC they are from the same hometown.  I don't believe that they were boyfriend/girlfriend but they new each other before this trip.

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.