May 29, 2024, 04:13:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brittanee Marie Drexel, missing since 4/25/09 from Myrtle Beach, SC  (Read 727779 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: May 09, 2009, 08:06:36 AM »

thanks for all the updates....

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: May 09, 2009, 09:25:43 AM »

Great to see Grande is taking an interest in this.  I know it's not likely he could do it again but wouldn't that be wonderful if he could actually spot something, etc.  Sort of like lightening striking twice in the same place but it does happen.

I just hope one of these leads turns out to be the one to bring her home to her family. 

Does anyone know when her Prom was to be held?  I have kept hoping that if she can at all, she would want to be home for that.  But the more time that passes, the more I believe she can't and is not in control of anything any more.

Spring break is becoming a horror instead of a rite of passage!

JMO

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #322 on: May 09, 2009, 09:37:43 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

I got an update from my friend this am and nothing really new except that her phone pinged in Charleston County and that area is being searched.

I was in the Santee area yesterday putting flowers on my grandmothers grave and visiting family. I have a few pics of the terrain in the area. Not sure where to post them if anyone is interested in seeing them.

When my kids went on Spring Break an Adult had to make room arrangements and were held accountable for any damage done. That has been about 15 yrs ago so things have changed I am sure. But I do know for a fact it is not safe for a girl to be walking on the strip alone at night.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #323 on: May 09, 2009, 10:44:30 AM »

I am going to try to post one pic. If it comes up huge will someone please fix it. To all city dwellers this is what low country S.C. looks like. Very scary terrain.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: May 09, 2009, 12:09:56 PM »

Thanks everyone for the updates and TY darla for the pic.  Yes, undeveloped land in the low country is heavily overgrown with vines, bushes and trees.  Lots of snakes, too. 

Prayers for Brittanee and her family.  Lovinlife

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #325 on: May 09, 2009, 12:37:41 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I think Brittanee is still alive. I don't usually get these type of thoughts in these cases, but for some reason I don't see anything that says she's dead.

I also realize that could just be wishful thinking on my part, but this is the one in a thousand where I think the missing person is actually alive.

No evidence of a crime in the boy's hotel room and Brittanee later video captured walking.

Cell phone triangulated to Georgetown County on the night she went missing and also the following morning.

Cell phone (later) triangulated to Charleston County (and although we don't know when this signal was received it seems odd that the phone was not in use in the Georgetown County triangulation and then no more signals and now there is an additional signal) and heading south.

Now, criminals aren't criminals because they're the smartest people on the planet, but to take the cell phone of the missing person where ever you go is just downright stoopid.

I'm not suggesting that Brittanee and her cell phone are in the same locale currently and I'm not a huge fan of cell triangulation as it can lead you all over the place as proven in Caylee's case, but with Brittanee missing and the signals received so soon after, this is currently the best option for locating her in my opinion.

Also, no sign of a deceased Brittanee in the river and that's a goods sign too.

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure this is an abduction and everything points to exactly that, and not a runaway.

Prayers for Brittanee and her family.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
John Anthony
Scared Monkey

« Reply #326 on: May 09, 2009, 03:07:23 PM »

Hello all,

I have been reading this forum for over a week now waiting on my account to be activated and I think you all are doing an excellent job.  This is a very sad case, her prom was tonight.  They do not have a lot to go on and I think police will have to back off soon.  If anyone has any information I am offering monetary value.  Thanks to all.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #327 on: May 09, 2009, 03:31:47 PM »

Hello all,

I have been reading this forum for over a week now waiting on my account to be activated and I think you all are doing an excellent job.  This is a very sad case, her prom was tonight.  They do not have a lot to go on and I think police will have to back off soon.  If anyone has any information I am offering monetary value.  Thanks to all.
Welcome John!!!  Interesting first post, may I ask you if you know Brittanee?

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: May 09, 2009, 03:34:35 PM »

Hello all,

Hi John,  and welcome to the Monkeys!  Are you a friend of the family, or do you know Brittanee? I think you will find that the Monkeys share any information they find on line, on TV and in articles, or through contacts.  We do it to help and assist, not with the expectation of any monetary reward.  But thank you! 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
John Anthony
Scared Monkey

« Reply #329 on: May 09, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »

Hell again,

I am just trying to pull out all stops necessary to put this to an end.  I fear we are headed for a cold case.  My understanding is tomorrow will be the final day of "major" searching from the police.  I will continue to read this forum you guys are excellent.  If anyone has any info please reach out to me or email me at John_Anthony@mail.org.

Thank you all
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2009, 04:55:58 PM »

Hell again,

I am just trying to pull out all stops necessary to put this to an end.  I fear we are headed for a cold case.  My understanding is tomorrow will be the final day of "major" searching from the police.  I will continue to read this forum you guys are excellent.  If anyone has any info please reach out to me or email me at John_Anthony@mail.org.

Thank you all

Hello and welcome to Scared Monkeys John Anthony.  Using the internet and getting the word out like you're doing can be a powerful tool in helping find the missing.  I hope Brittanee can be found safe and join her family and friends again soon. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2009, 06:24:11 PM »

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S923421.shtml?cat=565

Pastor offers reward for information on Chili teen
Posted at: 05/09/2009 6:09 PM | WHEC.com

Saturday marks two weeks since a Chili teen was last seen in Myrtle Beach.

Police are now concentrating their search for Brittanee Drexel in a forest in Charleston County, South Carolina about 65 miles south of Myrtle Beach.

We found out today, that an Albany pastor is raising the reward to find the 17-year-old. Pastor Charlie Muller raised the reward to $11,000 for any information that will help find Drexel.

Thursday, Peter Brozowitz, one of the teens to last see Brittanee, and his lawyer John Parinello were in our studios to tape an episode of "the Dr. Phil Show". The show is called "Behind the headlines: mom's worst nightmares."

You can watch it Monday afternoon on News 10NBC, at 3 p.m.

For more Rochester, N.Y. news go to our website www.whec.com.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2009, 11:24:00 PM »

$11,000.00  is a wonderful incentive for someone who might know something.  I certainly hope it works.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: May 10, 2009, 12:21:07 AM »

Hello all,

Welcome to the forum, John Anthony.

Regular posters here would gladly share any information they find in a heartbeat without expectation of compensation.  And they do read in chats and comments in many places.  Some are very young and know where to look for these things.

Also this Grande person Rob quoted has actually solved a crime online, rare as that is.

But there are many monkeys in many places who will be looking for any shred of information.  And perhaps someone in the area will read here.  You can see the high number of views on the index page. 

My prayers are with the family and friends and especially Brittanee's mother tomorrow.  It will be a very sad day for her.

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »

http://www.scnow.com/scp/news/local/grand_strand/article/crews_call_off_search_for_missing_ny_teen_after_11_days/49289/

Crews call off search for missing NY teen after 11 days
By Aisha Khan
WBTW Reporter
Published: May 9, 2009

Search crews with Community United Effort or CUE for missing persons called off the search for missing New York teen Brittanee Drexel at 7pm Saturday.

Monica Caison with the organization says crews were out looking for Brittanee for eleven days, but the search for her will continue with investigators.

“You have to look at every search as a success, you’re eliminating more space where she’s not so you’re not questioning where she could be and that’s all you can do,“ said Caison.

The latest search moved from Georgetown County to Charleston County, at Thornhill Farm, which is south of the Santee River.

Crews used helicopters, horses and canines to cover the area as much as possible but still no clues. Crews had one more road to stretch their search onto late Saturday evening.

“You have to think about the worst case scenario which we don’t want to think about but you know it’s reality, I’m just hoping that you know she comes home soon, I don’t want to wait,“ said Brittanee’s mother, Dawn Drexel who was joined by several family members and close friends at Thornhill Farm.

Brittanee’s family earlier on Saturday handed out business cards to everyone in the community even to bikers riding toward Georgetown.

“Everybody is just so upset because we know this isn’t like Brittanee she wouldn’t hurt her family like that,” said Brittanee’s mother.

Anyone with information on Brittanee Drexel’s whereabouts is asked to call the Myrtle Beach Police Department at 918-1300.

Stay with News 13 to keep you covered as more details become available.

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #335 on: May 11, 2009, 09:52:22 AM »

I am saddened that the search is being scaled back.  It is understandable, but still.

A major problem I see with this case is the fact that the great majority of people in the area when Brittanee went missing were tourists themselves, probably gone home by now, not realizing that they may have seen something that is important in finding Brittanee.  Of course they are keeping the story locally, but I wish it would get more national coverage.  Perhaps someone who was there would realize they have information.

I have to believe there were witnesses, someone saw something.  It may not have been suspicious at first - perhaps they saw her get into a car, or talk with someone. 

I would like to know if the girls she was with have given any indication that she met someone while they were there, or talked of anyone she met.  Were these girls with her the whole time, or did Brittanee go places by herself alot?

So many questions, so few answers.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »

Kimmy...agree...someone saw/knows something...they just have to come forward..the least little thing could be crucial in finding out what happened to Brittanee...

tofindtruth
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2009, 12:57:15 PM »

I live right outside Myrtle Beach and I did watch the Dr. Phil Show this morning. I have to say that Peter is not showing any concern for Brittanee's well being at all. Dr. Phil pointed this out during the show, Peter is more concerned with the finger pointing at him. He did say that he submitted a DNA sample to Myrtle Beach PD recently.

At one point Peter says she received the call from her friend Jen about returning the shorts and he and the other guys in the room watched her leave. Then later he said that he offered her a ride. She was thought to have walked the one mile journey to where Jen's motel was from the location she was at when getting the call.

I don't get good vibes from this guy Peter, reminds me of another local case since solved. Crystal Todd. She went missing from her car she was last known to be with a guy she was associated with and he ended up being the one that killed her. He was very supportive of Crystal's well being while it was all going on and so forth and then the truth came out. I believe he submitted DNA also.

As far as the cell phone information being tracked to the Charleston area, would that definately mean that she or her cell phone was in that area? I am not sure how the signal tower info works.

Where is her friend, Jen in all of this?

Edit-correct name
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:45:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2009, 01:07:48 PM »

Welcome to SM tofindtruth!   I love your name!  Lots of unanswered questions in this case.  I'm hoping that the LE is holding info back.  What is your take on the local LE?

Lovinlife

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2009, 01:11:19 PM »

Hello all,

Hi JA, welcome to SM.  We have all been touched by Brittanee's disappearance and pray that she will be found soon.  Please continue to visit and give any updates you may have, I assume you are connected personally. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.