May 31, 2024, 07:36:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL/JURY SELECTION - DAY 4 - 5/12/11  (Read 172220 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1020 on: May 12, 2011, 05:01:47 PM »

Defense may blame George Anthony for Caylee's murder

CLEARWATER - Casey Anthony's defense team will likely blame the murder of Caylee Anthony on Casey's father George Anthony, legal analysts said Thursday.

Questions raised by the defense team Thursday morning indicated that they will say Casey Anthony covered up the murder, fearing retribution from her father after suffering years of abuse at his hands.

::snipping2::

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/pinellas/defense-may-blame-george-anthony-for-caylees-murder-05122011
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1021 on: May 12, 2011, 05:02:05 PM »

Does anyone have any indication of how late this will run today?

If they don't stop after this one I think they would be lucky to get through one more which is taking about 3 hrs each.

Reasonably, 12 jurors, 8 alternates @ 3 hours each= 60 hours.

They need to speed things up a little, huh?

And that is w/o breaks, lunch, KC's temper tantrums, and all these stupid sidebars.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1022 on: May 12, 2011, 05:03:09 PM »

I don't care for anyone on the defense team but I must say that grey haired guy lady appears far more intelligent than Jose.

I think she is perfect as a DP mitigator, inasmuch as she sounds very empathic, non-threatening and gentle in her approach.  

She also appears that she doesn't like ICA very much...if you notice she hardly ever looks at KC...positively won't look into her eyes..(she probably did that once and got scared).  And yesterday during the femme-fatale-panic-tantrum-attack...she didn't pay any attention to her.

She is just probably really someone (attorney) that is anti death penalty.... and expects ICA WILL be convicted ...but is simply doing her  job.  JMO
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1023 on: May 12, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »

CLEARWATER - Casey Anthony's defense team will likely blame the murder of Caylee Anthony on Casey's father George Anthony, legal analysts said Thursday.

Questions raised by the defense team Thursday morning indicated that they will say Casey Anthony covered up the murder, fearing retribution from her father after suffering years of abuse at his hands.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/pinellas/defense-may-blame-george-anthony-for-caylees-murder-05122011
  Have a drink George.  We saw this one coming a long time ago.
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1024 on: May 12, 2011, 05:06:33 PM »

[/quote]

I know, I wonder if they are just regurgitating old news article with new dates? 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1025 on: May 12, 2011, 05:07:47 PM »

I don't care for anyone on the defense team but I must say that grey haired guy lady appears far more intelligent than Jose.

I think she is perfect as a DP mitigator, inasmuch as she sounds very empathic, non-threatening and gentle in her approach.  

She also appears that she doesn't like ICA very much...if you notice she hardly ever looks at KC...positively won't look into her eyes..(she probably did that once and got scared).  And yesterday during the femme-fatale-panic-tantrum-attack...she didn't pay any attention to her.

She is just probably really someone (attorney) that is anti death penalty.... and expects ICA WILL be convicted ...but is simply doing her  job.  JMO

I agree, she's good
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1026 on: May 12, 2011, 05:08:03 PM »

If the defense team keeps Casey off death row- they've won!

I am not sure if I would agree with that 100%. They were offered a plea deal with would most likely not have been life in prison. Might have offered possibity of parole. Or in the past she might have been able to plea to an even lesser charge.

I actually believe that Baez took a manslaughter case of 8-15 years and so effectively and vigerously defended his clint that it is now a capital 1 murder, death penatly case.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1027 on: May 12, 2011, 05:08:25 PM »

I know, I wonder if they are just regurgitating old news article with new dates? 
[/quote]

"I think they are going to suggest as a defense strategy, and I can't imagine a bigger blunder than this, is to try and blame it on Casey's dad, the Grandfather, to say he did this crime. And that because she was abused by him, she was afraid to come out, and told all the lies to law enforcement," Brown said.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1028 on: May 12, 2011, 05:09:16 PM »

This brain development crap being talked about by Finnell......Do you think it's the same as what was discovered on Caylee's skull, with the sagittal suture? 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1029 on: May 12, 2011, 05:09:34 PM »

Bluesy I share the exact same observations as you about AF.  She appearsto be uninterested in KC and sometimes even irritated when KC whispers to her.  I remember she said it took alot of arm twisting to get her to take on this case...wonder if she is regretting it now?

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Terri
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1030 on: May 12, 2011, 05:09:47 PM »

Has it really been three years?  I remember when none of us thought KC would make it in jail,  when she acted like a movie star and relished all the attention.  Now she looks beat.

The years have not been kind to KC, and I cannot imagine what she tells herself about having wasted the years she THOUGHT she would have once Caylee was gone.  Does she have the ability to be introspected ( hope that is the right word )?

I honestly think if Baez had been honest with her from the start she would have made a deal on some cockamamee story.  He built her up like a celebrity, made her feel invincible...and now, reality is setting in for both of them.  I think reality is at least peeking it's head in the lives of George and Cindy. 

But I thought DNA had already ruled out the Anthony men as Caylee's father.  Am I just imagining that?  Wouldn't it have been easy to determine once Caylee was found?

By the way....I am so appreciative of all the monkey's hard work in keeping us informed.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1031 on: May 12, 2011, 05:10:22 PM »

so basically they need hermits with no tv, newspapers, or social contact whatsoever?

I have a son who is 29 who never reads blogs (except sports ones) or gets on any social network. He feels it is a waste of his time. He is very outdoorsy and this time of year he is on the lake fishing or water skiing and in the winter he is skiing, or going to sports events. He rarely watches TV and despises the news because he says it is nothing but sensationalism anymore. He would be a perfect candidate for this jury. He has served on a jury before here and took his responsibility very seriously.

I also have a daughter who owns her own businesses and works all the time and she is not the least bit interested in anything like this. She also rarely watches TV and says if she wants to see something she will buy the series at Borders and watch it. LOL  

My other kids are all nosy buggers like me and don't want to miss a detail, although this is the first case any of them have shown an interest in. One of my sons used this case for his forensics class thesis. He has followed it and delved into the forensics of it from day one. After they found the car he had drawn up a complete analysis of what stage all the blow flies should be in each day.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1032 on: May 12, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »

This brain development crap being talked about by Finnell......Do you think it's the same as what was discovered on Caylee's skull, with the sagittal suture? 

Probably...but they also did not approach this as a mentally diminished or insanity defense so what it may or may not offer in DP phase remains to be seen, if even allowed.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1033 on: May 12, 2011, 05:13:49 PM »

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234
05/12/2011           Transcript Filed
Michael Burnett, Ph.D. - 9/21/10
Marcus Bain Wise, Ph.D. - 9/21/10
Stephen Shaw - 5/3/11
Madhavi Martin, Ph.D. - 9/21/10
Arpad Alexander Vass, Ph.D. - 9/22/10
05/12/2011           Motion to Intervene
for the Limited Purpose of Opposing George and Cindy Anthony's Motion for Injunctive Relief Regarding Video Visitation
They really don't want Casey seeing her folks, if I'm reading the motion to intervene right.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1034 on: May 12, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »

One would have thought living with KC, he should have been able to see this even longer than that.

I will say this, if this is their defense after 3 years to keep a needle out of her arm, Casey should have taken the plea deal. Sadly there are probably many girls who have been abused and with dysfuctional familes, not that I even believe the accusation ... but they don't kill there kid. There is too much evidence out there that states otherwise.

Imaturity as a mitigating defense, really? Maybe mental retardation as provded by a dr but not what they claim. No reporting of incident and these people continued to be her support group. Wonder what Lee will say?

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1035 on: May 12, 2011, 05:15:12 PM »

I am not sure if I would agree with that 100%. They were offered a plea deal with would most likely not have been life in prison. Might have offered possibity of parole. Or in the past she might have been able to plea to an even lesser charge.

I actually believe that Baez took a manslaughter case of 8-15 years and so effectively and vigerously defended his clint that it is now a capital 1 murder, death penatly case.

That is exactly what he did. This case could have been plead down in the beginning if ANYONE had the sense to do it. The evidence at that time was not there yet, and the body had not been found, so there was the possibility that they could not get a conviction.  I would have plead her out way back when and she might have been getting out of jail by now, if I was convincing enough.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1036 on: May 12, 2011, 05:17:01 PM »

That is exactly what he did. This case could have been plead down in the beginning if ANYONE had the sense to do it. The evidence at that time was not there yet, and the body had not been found, so there was the possibility that they could not get a conviction.  I would have plead her out way back when and she might have been getting out of jail by now, if I was convincing enough.

ITA

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1037 on: May 12, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »

ITA
DITTO

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Airlinemonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1038 on: May 12, 2011, 05:17:59 PM »

so basically they need hermits with no tv, newspapers, or social contact whatsoever?

I have a son who is 29 who never reads blogs (except sports ones) or gets on any social network. He feels it is a waste of his time. He is very outdoorsy and this time of year he is on the lake fishing or water skiing and in the winter he is skiing, or going to sports events. He rarely watches TV and despises the news because he says it is nothing but sensationalism anymore. He would be a perfect candidate for this jury. He has served on a jury before here and took his responsibility very seriously.

I also have a daughter who owns her own businesses and works all the time and she is not the least bit interested in anything like this. She also rarely watches TV and says if she wants to see something she will buy the series at Borders and watch it. LOL  

My other kids are all nosy buggers like me and don't want to miss a detail, although this is the first case any of them have shown an interest in. One of my sons used this case for his forensics class thesis. He has followed it and delved into the forensics of it from day one. After they found the car he had drawn up a complete analysis of what stage all the blow flies should be in each day.

My teenager is the same way, he came home from school and said-what's for dinner? I told him whatever you can find...he rolled his eyes and went to the gym to work out..lol
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1039 on: May 12, 2011, 05:18:17 PM »

Took a one hour deserved reprieve from the jury selection. (I feel better!)

Are we on #4 or #5 for the day?

TIA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.