May 29, 2024, 09:10:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #7 9/30 - 10/24/2007  (Read 183542 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #320 on: October 08, 2007, 02:24:15 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299946,00.html

Report: 6 Youths Shot Dead in Wisconsin; Sheriff’s Deputy Sought
Sunday , October 07, 2007

A Wisconsin town is under lockdown after a suspect believed to be with the local sheriff's office went on a killing spree, gunning down as many as six youths in their Crandon home early Sunday morning.

Crandon Mayor Gary Bradley told FOX News that the town is under a "gag order" regarding the overnight event but no one in the town can leave church, home or anywhere else they happened to be Sunday morning.

A witness told WMTJ Radio that gunfire erupted in the home at about 3 a.m. Sunday morning. Ten area youths from the ages of 16 to 21 were reportedly in the home when the shots were fired. Fatalities are being reported, but the number of casualties is still unconfirmed.

A family member of one of the victims told WITI-TV, a FOX affiliate, that one of the victims involved in the shooting is a student at the Milwaukee Area Technical College.

The suspect, believed to be with the Forest County Sheriff's Department, allegedly fired all the shots, WMTJ reporter Dan O'Donnell told FOX News. He is on the loose and believed to be armed and dangerous.

This is a developing story. Please refresh page for updates.

This is up in the area where I use to own my cottage.  It is an extremely small community and I can understand why they have estimated that they will cancel school classes for the week.  It will take some time to heal.  I really do not understand the mentality of all the shooting that are going on around me right nowl.  I know that the attitudes are very different the further up you go in the state, but it never resulted in this type of violence as often as it has this year.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: October 08, 2007, 05:56:03 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!!

2NJS   Sad Sad

Muffy...read your post about finding Beth's book...I had a heck of a time in Walmart...almost gave up and spotted it on my fourth time around...way down on the bottom shelf Mad Mad Mad

Lots of catching up to do so have a great day everyone!!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: October 08, 2007, 06:57:42 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!!

2NJS   Sad Sad

Muffy...read your post about finding Beth's book...I had a heck of a time in Walmart...almost gave up and spotted it on my fourth time around...way down on the bottom shelf Mad Mad Mad

Good morning  sunny to Mum and anyone up reading this early Monday morning   It's raining here right now, and I would need a flashlight to go out and find the newspaper.  It's still dark outside.   rabbit

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: October 08, 2007, 07:52:22 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!!!

2NJS   Sad Sad

While I have not looked for the book myself, it does not surprise me that you found it where you did.  Local decisions are made on where to place items and the further north we get the more likely there is to have less interest in Aruba or anything that is happening there.  If the book moves up on the best seller lists then perhaps it will be displayed differently.

In Wisconsin, I know there has never been an out spoken effort to call for a boycott.  Then again, in all the years I have been here, I have never known anyone who vacationed there.  It is not a very common vacation spot for resident's here.  The distance is just too great.  There are other locations that are more attractive and closer or more accessible.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: October 08, 2007, 11:09:23 AM »

Everyone should listen to Dana's daily commentary today:

Scared Monkeys Radio Daily Commentary - Special Edition - Monday, October 8, 2007 - Dana Pretzer Receives A Notice From Howard K. Stern’s Attorney Regarding His Recent Interview With Rita Cosby

http://tinyurl.com/2d7trj
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2007, 11:41:45 AM »

Everyone should listen to Dana's daily commentary today:

Scared Monkeys Radio Daily Commentary - Special Edition - Monday, October 8, 2007 - Dana Pretzer Receives A Notice From Howard K. Stern’s Attorney Regarding His Recent Interview With Rita Cosby

http://tinyurl.com/2d7trj

This is an excellent commentary.  Dana, you the man!  thumright

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #326 on: October 08, 2007, 03:34:13 PM »

Again, congratulations on the great work you do.

Red and Klaas and CBB and the others here do all the work. I just have the privilege of doing the really fun stuff (punching buttons) for the fun! Smile

Glad to have made your acquaintance, Mr. Owl. I don't think we've ever spoken before.
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: October 08, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »

Again, congratulations on the great work you do.

Red and Klaas and CBB and the others here do all the work. I just have the privilege of doing the really fun stuff (punching buttons) for the fun! Smile

Glad to have made your acquaintance, Mr. Owl. I don't think we've ever spoken before.

Nope, we have not been in contact before.  I have been around since March of 2005.  I have seen the ups and downs as the forum has grown since that time.  I just do not usually post all that often even though I peek in several times a day.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #328 on: October 09, 2007, 01:09:17 AM »

For those that have been praying for our Carolyn and Clinton..It appears they may have a lead in the case..Please light a candle and pray this will provide some answers!!

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=CLINT

Hey everyone...I don't know anything for sure and it may be nothing in the end but there is a lead that is being followed by LE in Louisiana...say your prayers that this is the break we have been waiting for!  I don't know if we will know anything until later this week!  I will keep you posted.

Take Care,
CJ
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:11:37 AM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: October 09, 2007, 01:53:02 AM »

Look's like Mel Gibson was having a great time in this recent picture in Bali Indonesia.. Shocked

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #330 on: October 09, 2007, 01:54:30 AM »

Candle lit for Clinton.

Sue in my thoughts.

Klaas, I sent an email to {{got it..}}, earlier....when time allows.

G'nite.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:56:01 AM by klaasend » Logged

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2007, 07:02:05 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! Beautiful morning here in northern Ohio!

GO TRIBE!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2007, 07:04:20 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys! Beautiful morning here in northern Ohio!

GO TRIBE!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile

Ahhh..Congrats to you Indian Fans!!  Razz

Go Sox  Cool

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: October 09, 2007, 07:43:24 AM »

Good morning  sunny  Still dark out.  Yesterday the pest control guy  (in a bee suit) dealt with three paper wasps nests that were in a stone column and in a couple of spaces on the side of the house.  He dusted the nests inside, sealed the cracks up, but the scout wasps (the ones that were out of nest) were still flying around and none too happy.  I had just noticed these wasps late last week and got the pest control out asap.  I wanted to be sure they weren't the africanized bees.  There have been cases of them in Texas.  The bees didn't swarm him when he went after the nests, so that was good. Shocked

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: October 09, 2007, 07:52:02 AM »

Good morning  sunny  Still dark out.  Yesterday the pest control guy  (in a bee suit) dealt with three paper wasps nests that were in a stone column and in a couple of spaces on the side of the house.  He dusted the nests inside, sealed the cracks up, but the scout wasps (the ones that were out of nest) were still flying around and none too happy.  I had just noticed these wasps late last week and got the pest control out asap.  I wanted to be sure they weren't the africanized bees.  There have been cases of them in Texas.  The bees didn't swarm him when he went after the nests, so that was good. Shocked

Those kind of things I just wait until the winter comes.  My bees go to sleep then.  It is not unusual to have nest larger than a basketball hanging from a tree or the apex of a house.  Just wait until it is 25 below zero and spray.  I leave the nests because they will not rebuild anywhere near where the poison is.  See, hell does freeze over very often up here.  Very Happy

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: October 09, 2007, 08:11:40 AM »

Those kind of things I just wait until the winter comes.  My bees go to sleep then.  It is not unusual to have nest larger than a basketball hanging from a tree or the apex of a house.  Just wait until it is 25 below zero and spray.  I leave the nests because they will not rebuild anywhere near where the poison is.  See, hell does freeze over very often up here.  Very Happy

If I waited till it was 25 below here, that would be a long wait... Laughing Laughing
I considered doing just what you say do-wait till winter and take care of the problem.  But it could stay warm here for quite a bit longer , since it was 90 degrees here yesterday afternoon.  The paper wasps were getting pesky, nesting right onto the house near the garage door, the front door and the area where where I keep the trash cans.  I was afraid the nests would grow and be more of a problem.  I'm allergic to bees so I don't like to mess around with stinging things.  It cost me almost a hundred dollars  Shocked to have the guy come out.  I will keep an eye out for any new nests, and DH can deal with them when he gets here.  The nests were built inside a stone column and the walls, so there were no visible nests.  That would be cool to see one (from afar).  I researched the paper wasps and they are quite interesting. Just not on my house Very Happy  You could say I was feeling rather "waspish" yesterday...

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: October 09, 2007, 08:16:45 AM »

GreatOwl...Had one of those whoppers last fall, appeared out of nowhere and kept growing and growing. Keeping my eyes open when I weedwhack!

Muffy...we get bees,wasps and the dreaded Japanese beetles here in the fall. Can only wash windows early in the day as they converge around the outside of the house. Have to vacuum the beetles that can get in through the tiniest spaces as they can stain everything, including my off white carpet. My cats love to play with them, which is a nono!  And they bite too!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: October 09, 2007, 08:24:39 AM »

Good morning Mum.  I haven't had the pleasure of an invasion of Japanese Beetles.  Will have to google them.  They sound like real pests-especially if they bite.  We had a bad infestation of red wasps last year, and got those numbers down.  I'm wondering if that has caused the paper wasps to move in?  I would like to just leave them all alone, but they are getting into places where we walk in and out. 

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #338 on: October 09, 2007, 09:14:51 AM »

I am jealous of y'all getting to meet up.... but I think it's so very cool to see the friendships that have developed over this time.

There are so many of you guys I would love to meet....

So there will be no excuse not to let us know next time you're in town?

Can't ya just see AZSunny with a man on each arm? 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #339 on: October 09, 2007, 10:38:52 AM »

MuffyBee...didn't mean to lead you astray, but it's an Asian beetle...looks just like a ladybug :shock:but is definately a pest and smells awful too.....the nests GreatOwl and I were talking belong to Baldfaced hornet similar to your paperwasp Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.