June 01, 2024, 10:29:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #747 4/11 - 4/17/08  (Read 282773 times)
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: April 17, 2008, 08:18:51 PM »

One minute the Aruba airport authority is exclaiming huge profits from an increase in tourism yet they have had a strike going on for well over a month now (causing extreme inconveniences to their tourists) and can't give their employees a cost of living raise. What is it, is Aruba rolling in dough or strapped for cash?

Hry Bro, I say  - FLAT COLD BUSTED! No one in their right mind would hand delivery a campaign talking point like the MEP does if Aruba was not outta cash. They are hand delivering the 2009 elections right to the AVP. Brilliant!!!

you know they say the memories of the voters are not all that reliable. But this is only about 18 months away. No one should confuse the Arubans for rocket scientists, but they will remember it was the MEP that burnt the whole island to the ground.

It looks like their strategy of hiring everybody and their dog back-fired. They never looked down the road and figured at some point they'd have to give them raises!

Just like they sat back and watch the country go down in flames in Natalee's case, they are doing the same here. MEP leaders musta fattened their larders so much they don't care what happens to the rest.

"ARUBA...THE CREAM OF THE CRAP IN THE CARIBBEAN."
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: April 17, 2008, 08:20:57 PM »

Those who suggest that there is one behind Steve Cohen is Shango?
Those stories still come from somewhere.

Is Steve Cohen at AHATA someone who has worked or is that just a verzinsel?

AHATA means Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association? On Aruba?

I do not know who said that, but Steve Cohen has indeed AHATA. He was also a member of a kind of "damage control" gang that The Strategic Communications Task Force said. I do not know if they still exist, but in those club were all sorts of notables that Aruba must 'protect' against bad press releases.

I am not sure, but I think he departed in 2006/2007 to America for the principal purpose of some kind of head to a local tourist office.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The notables   notabelen in dutch
It must be a group that can be accessed from the beginning mislead want to expand what has actually happened. Higher Powers
It also fits that Shango with its cryptic messages in the Vodoo style.
And the group of Renee Gielen etc.
They are also continually confusion spades.
This should almost be paid by this or that.
But that is what we wil find out soon !

Give me his damn number...I call him and ask him if he is Shango....

operator!!! you crack me up!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #922 on: April 17, 2008, 08:24:28 PM »

Posted today on the front page of the Aruba Chamber:

Today, Thursday April 17th, at 4 pm at the Radisson Hotel, KvK, ATIA & AHATA will express our concern for the current impasse between the Government and the Unions representing the Public Sector. This situation has gone on too long! We want to demand that these parties enter an open dialogue to come to a final solution. Our economy and the continued prosperity of our Nation are at stake. We are requesting that you, as a part of our business community, to stand by us as we deliver this message. We are counting on you to be a part of the solution.

www.arubachamber.com

They should have stood by Natalee...as we have done....

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #923 on: April 17, 2008, 08:24:44 PM »

One minute the Aruba airport authority is exclaiming huge profits from an increase in tourism yet they have had a strike going on for well over a month now (causing extreme inconveniences to their tourists) and can't give their employees a cost of living raise. What is it, is Aruba rolling in dough or strapped for cash?

that was for the year 2007. but the 1st and 2nd quarter of 2008 is different i think.
i think the aruban government has to make some though decisions now.

ask The Netherlands for loans to pay higher salaries and the interests on those loans from that.
The Netherlands won't give loans without pre-conditions like cleaning op justice department, corruption and conflicts of interests. that could open pandora's box with all the cover-ups.
earlier loans are already a tense issue. more will have stricter pre-conditions without a doubt.
but Oduber blame it on outside factors while he begs for money.

or

don't give in to the strikers and risk tourism industry coming to a standstill and civil unrest if strikers presist.
as a result of that eventually they have to ask for loans anyway to sort out the budget.
those loans will still include pre-conditions: see above.

Oduber is gambling on the strikers presistence.
now he is starting a smear campaign. blaming economy failures on the strikers.
the public is sensitive to that.
that's why he brought up that e-mail from American Airlines.
if the public opinion turns more against the strikers they will lower their demands and Oduber has won for the moment.

From the looks of it Caesu these strikers look like they are just getting madder'n madder. Didn't you say that Holland will be cutting off their money supply in 2009? Maybe they are forcing them into the same situation Bonnaire is in, basically receivership so they can control their spending habits. Ya think?

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: April 17, 2008, 08:31:34 PM »

Hi Janet:

My posts were declined at Patrick's blog as well as he is picking and choosing what he wants  He can accept the facts or ignore them to fit his agenda,I don't really care....He was pretty argumentative and badly misinformed so I won't waste much time on his blog if he is ignoring me. No correspondence from my emails that I sent either, but thats OK as I was just trying to educate him from what we all know..Like transcripts and interviews of the facts.

He's pissing me off....gonna do sumptin' 'bout it...
Will keep you posted....YES...I can be a Biotch!

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #925 on: April 17, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »

Posted today on the front page of the Aruba Chamber:

Today, Thursday April 17th, at 4 pm at the Radisson Hotel, KvK, ATIA & AHATA will express our concern for the current impasse between the Government and the Unions representing the Public Sector. This situation has gone on too long! We want to demand that these parties enter an open dialogue to come to a final solution. Our economy and the continued prosperity of our Nation are at stake. We are requesting that you, as a part of our business community, to stand by us as we deliver this message. We are counting on you to be a part of the solution.

www.arubachamber.com

They should have stood by Natalee...as we have done....

Destiny, can you imagine what better shape Aruba would be in had they simply prosecuted Joran and his helpers? We wouldn't even be discussing this right now. Sure, it would still be a tragedy, but at least justice would have been exacted and the island would have been forgiven and perhaps even lauded for its integrity. Their economy would be well recovered by now and they would be able to pay their workers a cost of living raise.

All people wanted was justice. Is that too much to ask?

Instead they have trashed their reputation cost their economy countless millions in income. All for one worthless piece of shit Dutch boy. What a bunch of friggin idiots.

caesu
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: April 17, 2008, 08:34:59 PM »

I do not, for one minute, believe that American Airlines would e mail anything.  They might fax a concern but I have never heard of a big company emailing any type of directive.  Fed Ex is more their style.

i don't believe that either.
i wish someone there asks Oduber to publish that e-mail.
i am 99% sure he is lying about that.
if aruba had a functioning parliament they could catch him lying red-handed.
it is just a trick to scare the public and to put pressure on the strikers.

i think an airline either cancels or continues as usual their service.
doesn't 'threat' to cancel.
because then passengers / travel groups go to another airline on that route 'just in case' the threat becomes a real cancellation.

airline staff might threat to strike.
but airline management wouldn't never threat to cancel.
that goes against the way the travel business works i think.

i think AA is quite angry with Oduber, even if they really threatened it - for leaking the contents of that e-mail.
it the American media picks up on this AA might loose passengers on the Aruban routes to other airlines.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #927 on: April 17, 2008, 08:35:27 PM »

KUSI-TV, San Diego, CA...STEVE COHEN returns to this McKinnon-owned independent station as news director. He replaces HIS replacement, CRAIG HUME. Steve left the station in December, 2005 to do media work for some small countries, most notably Aruba around the time of the NATALEE HOLLOWAY disappearance. Craig Hume replaced him in May, 2006, and left the station last month. In addition to his ND experience at KUSI, Steve's been an ND in New York and Los Angeles, and was a GM in Philadelphia and Salt Lake City.

http://www.rickgevers.com/archives/08-20-2007.htm

September 7, 2007
· Steve Cohen has returned to previous position and is now the News Director for KUSI-TV, San Diego, an independent McKinnon owned station.

http://www.haleisner.com/joy_short/buzz.htm

Steve Cohen has returned to KUSI-TV as news director, a position he held with the station from 2003 to 2005. Cohen has been in and around newsrooms since 1973, running the largest newsrooms in the country for CBS Television in New York and Los Angeles. One of the founders of Court TV, Cohen has post graduate degrees from the University of Michigan in journalism and Penn State in modern history.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:56:46 PM by Observer » Logged

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: April 17, 2008, 08:39:00 PM »

I do not, for one minute, believe that American Airlines would e mail anything.  They might fax a concern but I have never heard of a big company emailing any type of directive.  Fed Ex is more their style.

The string with the tin cans on each end of it broke. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #929 on: April 17, 2008, 08:41:01 PM »

Hi Janet:

My posts were declined at Patrick's blog as well as he is picking and choosing what he wants  He can accept the facts or ignore them to fit his agenda,I don't really care....He was pretty argumentative and badly misinformed so I won't waste much time on his blog if he is ignoring me. No correspondence from my emails that I sent either, but thats OK as I was just trying to educate him from what we all know..Like transcripts and interviews of the facts.

Patrick is not naive ... he is not uninformed on the issues ... he claims to have read Beth's LOVING NATALEE or Dave's CORRUPTION IN PARADISE.  There is no way that he has not  kept up to some extent with media coverage of this case.

I believe that Patrick is furthering the Aruban agenda ... if Joran is made the sacrificial lamb with limited consequences ... Beth will be "at peace" and will back off ... the boycott will come to an end ... the Natalee Holloway case will become a distant memory and ... Aruba will once again become the "Happy Island".

Patrick van der Eem need to realize that the case is not solved until Paulus ... the Kalpoes ... the pimps ... those in the Aruban/Dutch administration who were aware of/involved in the cover ... the judiciary ... are held accountable for their roles that have denied an American citizen justice.

The video recording of Joran's "confession" does not negate all the witness and suspect statements that claim he did not act alone.

Janet

+++++++++++

PATRICK VANDER EEM

OPEN LETTER TO ALL WHO RECEIVED THIS EMAIL
I am not going into any claims of possible corruption in Aruba from the moment Natalee disappeared because I do not have the knowledge, nor the evidence, that there has been any official government corruption in this case. God knows if the father of Joran has used personal contacts to try to influence the outcome of the case when he was a judge in training. If so, than I would not call it official corruption, but the act of a man who is not even Aruban. I believe that many people who want to follow this kind or requests do also not have first hand information about true facts of corruption, but as followers just base their opinion on the suggestion and speculation of others.

April 16th, 2008 at 12:38 am
Anyhow, I do know that Hans Mos from the moment Peter R. de Vries has been showing him the tapes has been working incredibly hard to get the evidence on the table that Joran did not only dispose of a body (carries a maximum jail sentence of 6 months in Holland), but to find the evidence that Joran can be accused of “murder” or “manslaughter” because it became clear from huis confession that he never checked if Natalee was really dead.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: April 17, 2008, 08:43:39 PM »

that was for the year 2007. but the 1st and 2nd quarter of 2008 is different i think.
i think the aruban government has to make some though decisions now.

ask The Netherlands for loans to pay higher salaries and the interests on those loans from that.
The Netherlands won't give loans without pre-conditions like cleaning op justice department, corruption and conflicts of interests. that could open pandora's box with all the cover-ups.
earlier loans are already a tense issue. more will have stricter pre-conditions without a doubt.
but Oduber blame it on outside factors while he begs for money.

or

don't give in to the strikers and risk tourism industry coming to a standstill and civil unrest if strikers presist.
as a result of that eventually they have to ask for loans anyway to sort out the budget.
those loans will still include pre-conditions: see above.

Dauber is gambling on the strikers presistence.
now he is starting a smear campaign. blaming economy failures on the strikers.
the public is sensitive to that.
that's why he brought up that e-mail from American Airlines.
if the public opinion turns more against the strikers they will lower their demands and Oduber has won for the moment.

From the looks of it Caesu these strikers look like they are just getting madder'n madder. Didn't you say that Holland will be cutting off their money supply in 2009? Maybe they are forcing them into the same situation Bonnaire is in, basically receivership so they can control their spending habits. Ya think?

A lot of it has to do with the fact that...most of the Strikers...do NOT have an extension, on their *green cards*....that expire this year....they have...while Living in Aruba...bought homes....cars...opened businesses....and *SOON ARUBA CAN TAKE THIS ALL AWAY FROM THEM*...and, they get deported....there is NO contract for them to protect their assets....because they have never been permanent residence status...

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: April 17, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »

i don't believe that either.
i wish someone there asks Oduber to publish that e-mail.
i am 99% sure he is lying about that.
if aruba had a functioning parliament they could catch him lying red-handed.
it is just a trick to scare the public and to put pressure on the strikers.

i think an airline either cancels or continues as usual their service.
doesn't 'threat' to cancel.
because then passengers / travel groups go to another airline on that route 'just in case' the threat becomes a real cancellation.

airline staff might threat to strike.
but airline management wouldn't never threat to cancel.
that goes against the way the travel business works i think.

i think AA is quite angry with Oduber, even if they really threatened it - for leaking the contents of that e-mail.
it the American media picks up on this AA might loose passengers on the Aruban routes to other airlines.

I'm with you here Caesu, threatening doesn't sound like the corporate way. I hope they are pissed off. They should be. All the airlines here in U.S. are very touchy about safety issues right now after the debacles Soutwest and American have just gone through with the government's saftety regulations.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: April 17, 2008, 08:45:11 PM »

Hi Janet:

Patrick is not naive ... he is not uninformed on the issues ... he claims to have read Beth's LOVING NATALEE or Dave's CORRUPTION IN PARADISE.  There is no way that he has not  kept up to some extent with media coverage of this case.

I believe that Patrick is furthering the Aruban agenda ... if Joran is made the sacrificial lamb with limited consequences ... Beth will be "at peace" and will back off ... the boycott will come to an end ... the Natalee Holloway case will become a distant memory and ... Aruba will once again become the "Happy Island".

Patrick van der Eem need to realize that the case is not solved until Paulus ... the Kalpoes ... the pimps ... those in the Aruban/Dutch administration who were aware of/involved in the cover ... the judiciary ... are held accountable for their roles that have denied an American citizen justice.

The video recording of Joran's "confession" does not negate all the witness and suspect statements that claim he did not act alone.

Janet

+++++++++++

PATRICK VANDER EEM

OPEN LETTER TO ALL WHO RECEIVED THIS EMAIL
I am not going into any claims of possible corruption in Aruba from the moment Natalee disappeared because I do not have the knowledge, nor the evidence, that there has been any official government corruption in this case. God knows if the father of Joran has used personal contacts to try to influence the outcome of the case when he was a judge in training. If so, than I would not call it official corruption, but the act of a man who is not even Aruban. I believe that many people who want to follow this kind or requests do also not have first hand information about true facts of corruption, but as followers just base their opinion on the suggestion and speculation of others.

<snipped>

If it was a perfect world the bad guy would always go to jail, but it is not a perfect world. Yours neither Aruba’s. The boycott can go on forever, but at a certain point it ceases to be any good for anyone and that point started after I got Joran’ confession and Beth found peace after she came to know what happened to her daughter.

April 16th, 2008 at 12:38 am
Anyhow, I do know that Hans Mos from the moment Peter R. de Vries has been showing him the tapes has been working incredibly hard to get the evidence on the table that Joran did not only dispose of a body (carries a maximum jail sentence of 6 months in Holland), but to find the evidence that Joran can be accused of “murder” or “manslaughter” because it became clear from huis confession that he never checked if Natalee was really dead.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: April 17, 2008, 08:46:39 PM »

A lot of it has to do with the fact that...most of the Strikers...do NOT have an extension, on their *green cards*....that expire this year....they have...while Living in Aruba...bought homes....cars...opened businesses....and *SOON ARUBA CAN TAKE THIS ALL AWAY FROM THEM*...and, they get deported....there is NO contract for them to protect their assets....because they have never been permanent residence status...

What a can of worms. 

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #934 on: April 17, 2008, 08:49:41 PM »

Now I know why Frank Rizzo was so vocal about not boycotting Aruba  ..I saw last month in Arubatoday he had a big birthday bash in Aruba..
-----------------------------------------------------

Thursday night hosting the show as I take the night off will be Steve Cohen, News Director at KUSI television.

Steve will get philosophical as he takes a look at the condition of happiness of men in America vis a vis previous generations.

Steve also has a long, successful background in media...including having worked on (and hosted) the radio show of the controversial former Philadelphia mayor, Mayor Frank Rizzo.

http://www.amatotalk.com/news/2007/11/dobbs_filner_cohen_headline_th.html
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:51:35 PM by Observer » Logged

Dayhiker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #935 on: April 17, 2008, 08:52:51 PM »

Hi Janet:

Standard Operational Procedure for Arubans
when confronted with a bad situation:

Step 1- Dig 10-inch hole in sand.

Step 2- Insert uppermost extremety.

Step 3- Fill in remainder of hole with sand.

Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #936 on: April 17, 2008, 08:53:01 PM »

Here ya go Destiny 

Steve Cohen (858/571-5151; scohen@kusi.com)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: April 17, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »

I was gone for a bit and I'm not sure if this has already been posted:

http://www.thedailyherald.com:80/news/daily/k280/edit280.html

Don’t kill the goose

Events in Aruba should be closely monitored in St. Maarten. The public sector unions there have been on strike for two weeks to demand salary indexation, and there is no end in sight.

Government says it simply cannot give in to the unions’ demands because it does not have the finances and doing so would be irresponsible. The courts have upheld the right of the protesters to strike, even for workers of emergency services such as the Fire Department. The teachers also are on strike and most students have not had classes for all this time, with all possible consequences.

Without going into details on who is wrong or right, there is one aspect that is of particular interest to St. Maarten: The unions first marched to the airport and hampered travellers from leaving and going in, and then the airport fire fighters went on strike, which meant the airport could not guarantee safety on at least one occasion and several flights were diverted elsewhere.

The effect of that for tourism destinations such as Aruba, but also St. Maarten, can be far-reaching, of course. Having just recuperated from the fallout from Natalee Holloway’s disappearance, Aruba can ill afford the current situation and possible consequences for its reputation.

Now American Airlines is threatening to cancel all its weekend flights if an adequate number of fire fighters at the airport cannot be guaranteed, because it fears more actions. The airline calls the situation on the island “unstable.” While the right to strike is an internationally recognised principle, one would have to question the wisdom of focussing the actions on the airport to the point where flights are affected. When that happens, it has the effect of endangering the tourism economy.

In the coming weeks and months people in St. Maarten are going to start feeling the pinch of higher prices caused by skyrocketing fuel prices and transport cost. While it may be tempting for local unions to seek salary increases to compensate their members, they should resist such temptation, because it will merely lead to even higher prices and make the island too expensive for visitors as well.

Considering also the real estate and financial crisis in the US, by far St. Maarten’s biggest tourism market, it appears there are tough times ahead. The community as a whole will have to carry the consequences together and in any case not take action that could amount to killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: April 17, 2008, 08:54:39 PM »

What a can of worms. 

Yes indeed...a big can of worms...the Stike will *NOT* end....these people have everything...they have invested their whole lives in...at stake in Aruba....they will not go gently into that dark night...

Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: April 17, 2008, 08:56:09 PM »

Here ya go Destiny 

Steve Cohen (858/571-5151; scohen@kusi.com)

TY...will keep you Monkeys posted...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.