May 28, 2024, 02:29:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #741 3/7 - 3/10/08  (Read 268040 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: March 09, 2008, 12:22:56 PM »

I apologize for asking something that has probably been discussed ad infinitum. (Work has been kicking my butt lately, and I haven't been able to keep up with reading here.)

I watched the Intwine video several times, and it's fascinating. After I watched it I tried to find more info on the web, but all I could find was the same info already posted - that it was released in July 2005. Has anyone else had any luck with finding when the song was actually written?

TY

According to Glenda and Black Tulip at RU the song was on an album in 2004.  What we don't know is when the video was made.
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #681 on: March 09, 2008, 12:24:36 PM »

I apologize for asking something that has probably been discussed ad infinitum. (Work has been kicking my butt lately, and I haven't been able to keep up with reading here.)

I watched the Intwine video several times, and it's fascinating. After I watched it I tried to find more info on the web, but all I could find was the same info already posted - that it was released in July 2005. Has anyone else had any luck with finding when the song was actually written?

TY

It's difficult to match the lyrics with the video.  The song title is You.  Maybe not written as a result of the Natalee case.  The video, on the other hand, appears to be about a facet of her disappearance.

It's interesting.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking"..J.C. Watts
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #682 on: March 09, 2008, 12:25:33 PM »

TY

According to Glenda and Black Tulip at RU the song was on an album in 2004.  What we don't know is when the video was made.

Thanks, Klaas.

I Stand With The Girl
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #683 on: March 09, 2008, 12:29:08 PM »

Also another odd video filmed in Aruba if you have never seen it before,it says it was filmed before Natalee went to Aruba. If nothing else the scenery is interesting with the lighthouse scene.

ARUBA: Knock 'Em Dead

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cuBMQpblxqc

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #684 on: March 09, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »

http://www.last.fm/music/Entwine

Entwine (read more)
1,420,470 plays scrobbled on Last.fm
ENTWINE is one of the most progressive Finnish gothic metal bands for the last decade. It was formed in March 1995 and started as a death metal band but gradually changed its style to a more melodical but still emotional one. In the beginning ENTWINE consisted of three members - Aksu Hanttu (drums), Tom Mikkola (guitar/vocals) and Teppo Taipale (bass), but they realised that they need a better vocalist and even a keyboardist, so they could do the music they really wanted.

After some member changes, ENTWINE contained 6 members: Hanttu, Mikkola, Riitta Heikkonen (keyboards), Mika Tauriainen (vocals), Joni Miettinen (bass) and Jaani Kähkönen (guitar). With this line-up they released their last three albums, the latest being Fatal Design in 2006. Heikkonen left in December 2006, and the band is not going to replace her. The gothic influence is not that visible nowadays as it used to be and the band has moved towards more straight-forward radio-playable hard rock. Meanwhile, their experience brings confidence to their song-writing and performance on both record and stage. (read more)

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
bluwaters
Scared Monkey

« Reply #685 on: March 09, 2008, 12:32:37 PM »

Interesting.  After vewing the video several times it ocurred to me that everything in it had been discussed on the blogs somewhere...except for the bicycle.  Of course, much later, we all heard from a poster who developed a scenario that included a bicycle.

I'm scratching my head over this video because when watching for about the eighth time it also ocurred to me that Shango said "Follow the music" and "...one must google".  Could it be....?  FWIW, Shango's last known post was on July 30th.

What the video tells me is that there are many people in Aruba that have a pretty good idea what happened to Natalee and have since the beginning.

Also I found it interresting to see the older man easily lift that trap onto his very small boat. 

Yes, that did pique my curiosity as well.  The trap did not seem that heavy when empty.  In looking at that segment over and over I can imagine that Natalee could have fit into.  It would be a tight fit, but I do believe it would be possible.  It seems as though lifting it with her in it could have been accomplised easily by two people.
I also notice that the trap has what seems to be a cut rope on it. I don't see a float or anyway for a fisherman to reclaim the trap.
As a Floridian, I have found many, many traps washed ashore. None that I have found have ever been this size. However, most do have a broken or cut rope attached. Fishermen mark their floats with their own distinctive sign. It is illegal to tamper with a trap, but it is done all the time. Fishermen are known to cut a rival's traps loose, kids do it as a prank, beach front home owners will even do it to discourage commercial fishing in front of their house. Sometimes the rope is worn out or rotten, but a good fisherman maintains his traps and lines in good order. The loss of a trap is quite an expense to a commercial fisherman. They do not throw them overboard unless they have a secure float attached. One this large would be very expensive, IMO. It would only be thrown overboard without a float if it is not supposed to be found again.
FWIW, the life of a commercial fisherman is hard scrabble. Like farming, many things beyond one's control can adversely affect the catch.
Square grouper tend to bring in more money than ordinary fish. 
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #686 on: March 09, 2008, 12:34:50 PM »

Katherine......

First off, welcome.

As far as a pet cemetary connection, well we have discussed that possibility in the past...a very long time ago. I am not sure about the video as it will not play for me.

'fraid I can't watch the video either.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #687 on: March 09, 2008, 12:36:55 PM »

Entwine (read more)
ENTWINE is one of the most progressive Finnish gothic metal bands for the last decade. It was formed in March 1995 and started as a death metal band but gradually changed its style to a more melodical but still emotional one. In the beginning ENTWINE consisted of three members - Aksu Hanttu (drums), Tom Mikkola (guitar/vocals) and Teppo Taipale (bass), but they realised that they need a better vocalist and even a keyboardist, so they could do the music they really wanted.

After some member changes, ENTWINE contained 6 members: Hanttu, Mikkola, Riitta Heikkonen (keyboards), Mika Tauriainen (vocals), Joni Miettinen (bass) and Jaani Kähkönen (guitar). With this line-up they released their last three albums, the latest being Fatal Design in 2006. Heikkonen left in December 2006, and the band is not going to replace her. The gothic influence is not that visible nowadays as it used to be and the band has moved towards more straight-forward radio-playable hard rock. Meanwhile, their experience brings confidence to their song-writing and performance on both record and stage. (read more)

Wrong band - you want INtwine
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: March 09, 2008, 12:37:46 PM »

Katherine......

First off, welcome.

As far as a pet cemetary connection, well we have discussed that possibility in the past...a very long time ago. I am not sure about the video as it will not play for me.

How about in youtube?

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=UpxYEdXpjcw
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #689 on: March 09, 2008, 12:38:41 PM »

Pet cemetery in foreground.....down by baby beach.

That's the pet cemetery?  Hummmm  In the video, the guy playing the guitar and singing is sitting in the pet cemetery.  Then there is the old guy taking the trap out in his boat and the young boy watching after riding his bike.  Are they trying to say there is a connection with the pet cemetery and Natalee?  I guess I see a lot of symbolism in the video, but I can't put it all together....can anybody help?

Sorry again I can't watch the video. But can say there is a small marina where fishing boats dock down near Rogers Beach which is near Baby Beach which is before the pet cemetary.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #690 on: March 09, 2008, 12:41:19 PM »

Entwine (read more)

This is not the same band.  Entwine is different than Intwine.

Here is an interesting post from the YouTube sight in resonse to the video:

Roger's father is playing opa (his grandfather and mine too) and he looks exactly like him! The lyrics are excellent, the home, the little pick-up are very nostalgic...they bring tears to my eyes. For those who don't know, those are images from the most beautiful island; Aruba. The home scenes are in San Nicolaas and the beach is at Malmok (Opa like many people from StMaarten, was a fisherman)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: March 09, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »

Everyone ignores me, LOLOL 
truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #692 on: March 09, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »

Entwine (read more)

This is not the same band.  Entwine is different than Intwine.

Here is an interesting post from the YouTube sight in resonse to the video:

Roger's father is playing opa (his grandfather and mine too) and he looks exactly like him! The lyrics are excellent, the home, the little pick-up are very nostalgic...they bring tears to my eyes. For those who don't know, those are images from the most beautiful island; Aruba. The home scenes are in San Nicolaas and the beach is at Malmok (Opa like many people from StMaarten, was a fisherman)

The oldest post on that YouTube sight is 1 year ago.

1 jaar geleden

truthseeker2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #693 on: March 09, 2008, 12:46:20 PM »

Sorry, Klaas. I guess we were typing our posts at the same time.  I'll shut up now.

Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #694 on: March 09, 2008, 12:46:21 PM »

Entwine (read more)

Wrong band - you want INtwine

Destiny dog...sniffing on right path now...Thanks to Klaas...LOL

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #695 on: March 09, 2008, 12:49:16 PM »

Katherine......

First off, welcome.

Hi BB....
ooooooooooo.............ok, I got it to play. Mmmmmmmmmm, the song was released in 2004 from the Album 'Perfect', but when was the video made? Still looking for that..

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #696 on: March 09, 2008, 12:49:42 PM »

Sorry, Klaas. I guess we were typing our posts at the same time.  I'll shut up now.

I was joking
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #697 on: March 09, 2008, 12:53:23 PM »

You is the third single off Intwine second full length album "Perfect" (2004). The video was shot on Aruba by Poodles on Speed (no date given)

http://hosla.com/index.cfm?method=watch_video&searchvideo=intwine

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: March 09, 2008, 12:55:09 PM »

Black_Tulip at RU says the Video was made last summer.

Summer, last year they were in Aruba where they did some shows for the Red Cross and recorded some "visual stuff".

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #699 on: March 09, 2008, 01:02:01 PM »

Black_Tulip at RU says the Video was made last summer.

Summer, last year they were in Aruba where they did some shows for the Red Cross and recorded some "visual stuff".

If the album was released in 2004, and the single was released in 2005 (which is what Wikipedia says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intwine), then why would they wait until summer 2007 to release a video of it?

Am I even more confused than usual here? 

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.