June 15, 2024, 07:31:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #712 1/12 - 1/16/08  (Read 239477 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »

Temblor sinti na islanan ariba 
Internacional 
Monday, 14 January 2008

Pa 10.31 awe mainta tabatatin un temblor den caribe. Esaki a sosode 60km SSW di e isla di Sint Maarten. For di KNMI e informacion ta bisa cu e magnitud di e temblor tabata di 4.2 te 4.4 riba schaal di richter. E profundidad di e temblor tabata 30 km. For di islanan aruba nos a ricibi hopi informacion cu nan a sinti esaki na diferente sitio riba nan isla.

FYI - 4.2-4.4 is really small IMO.  We laugh at those in California, LOLOL.  What the above is saying is a 4.2-4.4 earthquake has hit near St. Maarten.  It's not showing on the USGS website yet.

Not sure why they consider it breaking news  Rolling Eyes

http://www.24ora.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/

Shocked

I do believe that Aruba is attempting to distract the current  dialogue which is taking place on the SM forum ... the current dialogue which is exposing the main suspect in the Natalee Holloway case for who he is ... the main suspect who has been protected since day one by a corrupt Aruban investigation.   Laughing

Janet 

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2008, 04:21:27 PM »

Janet,

I do so agree.  And the no body/no case advice from Paulus was the very worst he could have given Joran.  In a matter of life and death like this, there are things more important than keeping Joran out of jail, especially considering the ultra-lite sentencing policies in effect there.

Joran has to be thinking that it would have been so much better to have gotten it over and done with from the start and has also to be questioning just whose benefit that advice from Paulus was really for in the end.

The thought also went through my mind that some of his rage at deVries was displaced anger with Anita for daring to say she questioned his innocence at one time and would have turned him in if she knew for a fact he was guilty.  He knows for a fact he is guilty and so is thinking she would turn him in if she found out all that he knows.  If he had two glasses of wine, would not have been surprised to see Anita get the second one.

Joran will turn on those parents eventually like a bad dog.  And he won't be totally wrong in doing so.  They have failed him in so many ways but then he wasn't that much to work with to start.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2008, 04:21:47 PM »

From the Aruba bulletin board...   
http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?t=53440

Oprah Will Interview Beth Twitty

January 11th 2008, Aruba.

ORANJESTAD-The Queen of talk-show, Oprah Winfrey will dedicate an
entire program on the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. The Oprah
Winfrey Show has chosen not to be involved in the media circus
surrounding the disappearance of Natalee in Aruba. Now that the case is
closed, Oprah will interview Beth Twitty, the mother of Natalee Holloway.

The Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway was part of a chaperoned
student group who vacationed on the island in May of 2005. Natalee
disappeared on May 30th after a night out at Carlos ‘n Charlie’s.
She was last seen leaving the nightclub with Joran van
der Sloot, and the brothers Satish and Deepak Kalpoe.

The three were held as the main suspects involved in her disappearance.
However no evidence is found against the three and they were later
released. Authorities have not found any evidence leading to a possible
homicide.

The show dedicated to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway will be
aired on Wednesday January 16th. Oprah Winfrey has a U.S. audience of
23 million people, and the show is seen in 112 countries around the World.

I hightly doubt the entire show is about Natalee.  I think someone in Aruba got their information wrong  Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2008, 04:24:15 PM »

We once had a 3.0 earthquake and I didn't even know it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2008, 04:30:15 PM »

Agree, Oprah seldom has a whole program dedicated to just one subject.

Also, it is disheartening to see that there is already action to remove the proof of what Joran did, claims of it being illegally transmitted, etc.

Guess Paulus is trying to work up another lawsuit.  But if it happened as we know it did after the regular programming and was covered by members of the press who were present, it should be come no different than any other episode of Joran and his tantrums.  The copyright of that one program does not follow Joran, protecting him all the days of his life.

The minute the credits started to roll, program over, and he is fair game to a free press.

No way they are ever going to be able to put this toothpaste back in the tube.  The more they try, the more people will want to see what they are trying to hide.

But Paulus might be thinking lawsuit of some sort for the producers of that program.

Enough, I, too, wonder why security did not seize Joran and call the cops.  It was clearly an assault on another guest.

PERSONA NON GRATA

private eye
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2008, 04:34:58 PM »

Bondia.com 1/14/08

Van der Straten is saying, "I'd have bitch-slapped the little bastard if the threw wine in my face."
How could he do that to his best friends son  Wink

I think I have been on opposite sides from Van Der Straten, or at least thought I was, but on this issue we are like 2 peas in a pod. I think Joran needs to interact with either of us like he did with Peter and I think he can be cured, rapidly!!!!!
dennisintn
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2008, 04:35:23 PM »

I hightly doubt the entire show is about Natalee.  I think someone in Aruba got their information wrong  Wink
[/quote]
and what would be different about that?
dennisintn
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: January 14, 2008, 04:38:23 PM »

homicide.

After Scott Peterson was convicted Oprah had a whole show about that case.
Scott's sister had written a book about why she thought he did it and she was
there along with some others.  I had not followed the case that closely and
thought the show was great.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 04:39:55 PM by klaasend » Logged

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: January 14, 2008, 04:40:28 PM »

and what would be different about that?
dennisintn
[/quote]

They know the entire hour wouldn't be devoted to one person.  They are just saying this so they can later claim Oprah for some very sinister reason cut the coverage short just as they always do.

These are the same people who were predicting she would be firing Dr Phil as well, speaking of their infinite wisdom.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #229 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »

Klaas,
I apologize...my post ended up right in the middle of yours.
I didn't scroll down far enough.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: January 14, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »

Klaas,

No problem, I fixed it  Very Happy
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: January 14, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »

Klaas,

No problem, I fixed it  Very Happy

Thank you.  I hope Oprah does let Beth tell all she knows for an hour.

mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: January 14, 2008, 04:57:47 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/01/oprah-winfrey-t.html

Marion Jones will discuss her fall from Olympic greatness and her steroid use in an exclusive interview with Oprah Winfrey. The talk show queen offers the chat on Wednesday's show.

The same day, Winfrey will turn to the Natalee Holloway case. Beth Holloway provides an update on her daughter's disappearance two years ago. Natalee's brother Matt also discusses the family's story.

"The Oprah Winfrey Show" airs at 4 p.m. weekdays on WFTV-Channel 9.

AND I'm sure they'll discuss the cheap shot by Joran on DeVries Friday night...Joran is a coward...nobody but a coward would attack someone like that while their head was down...sick bastard...

Bring Natalee home...
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »

[

Wow. There's so much to be gleened from that interview. It tells me that Joran was never really pushed in interrogations. He has no pat answers even now as to why he lied. Anita, his own Mother had doubts about what he did. Who knows him better than his mother? If she could fathom him guilty, who are we to question his capability for participation in a crime? Anita does react to the wine throwing, and she directs it as an admonishment at Joran. It's weak and sad, and probably typical of the lack of grit her parenting skills have, but her comments aren't in the nature of, "Oh, Goody, DeVries got what was coming to him." She does grasp that Joran has done something wrong and she does direct her comments at him. She may be thinking it hurts the family's position and is not concerned at all for DeVries, but she does grasp Joran has done something wrong. Flame me if you want, but I think, at that moment, that Anita's reaction was recognition of both the harm done to Joran's image and to the action DeVries was victim of.

Joran basically says that he remained silent due to a well thought out strategy to assure his release. It's a legal strategy with total disregard to what happened to Natalee, but DeVries won't let his answers go without holding Joran's answers up to a moral standard. Joran consistantly falls short of the mark on those basis and his buttons are pushed over and over. Moral standards are a real pesky thing to Joran, and he certainly did not expect anyone to assert them on Natalee's behalf! After all, he knows the line that suggest they should be extended to himself as victim of ALE and the Holloways........Taco refined that argument and Greta bought it hook, line, and sinker, and it served him extremely well. Greta announced to the world that she believed him, and it worked like a charm in a public forum there!

This is a picture of a sociopath. This is a picture of Natalee Holloway's killer.
[/quote]

salut salut salut  
[/quote]
well, memphis, we'll get broiled together like a shiskabob if there's any flaming going happen, because i agree with you l00%.  i really think most monkeys here will agree with you too.
dennisintn
[/quote]

LOL dennisintn. I lliked CBB's post. Could you tell?
CBB, very insightful of you. I especially liked the part about moral standards being a pesky thing for Joran, and that he didn't expect anyone to assert them on Natalee's behalf.
Who does Joran have close to him that asserts any moral standards? Ha!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/01/oprah-winfrey-t.html

Marion Jones will discuss her fall from Olympic greatness and her steroid use in an exclusive interview with Oprah Winfrey. The talk show queen offers the chat on Wednesday's show.

The same day, Winfrey will turn to the Natalee Holloway case. Beth Holloway provides an update on her daughter's disappearance two years ago. Natalee's brother Matt also discusses the family's story.

AND I'm sure they'll discuss the cheap shot by Joran on DeVries Friday night...Joran is a coward...nobody but a coward would attack someone like that while their head was down...sick bastard...

I watched Oprah today, and besides Beth/Matt, Marion Jones, there's another movie/show discussed, which I can't think of the name of now..  

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2008, 05:20:01 PM »

LMAO @ MISHY's BUTT!!!!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: January 14, 2008, 05:20:23 PM »

I watched Oprah today, and besides Beth/Matt, Marion Jones, there's another movie/show discussed, which I can't think of the name of now..  

I believe it's going to be Ellen Page and Jennifer Garner from the movie JUNO.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #237 on: January 14, 2008, 05:44:34 PM »

I believe it's going to be Ellen Page and Jennifer Garner from the movie JUNO.

Yes. That's it.  So, you were right.  The segments will be split somehow between the 3....Beth was a definite for a while....maybe the others were decided on more recently...or maybe not. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2008, 05:56:18 PM »

homicide.

True, but let ''em worry.  Laughing
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2008, 06:07:42 PM »

I am not a mental health professional but this is how I feel about this episode and I would be paying attention to this if I ever had to meet Joran in person for any reason.

The wine-throwing incident was not just bad manners and a temporary loss of anger. It was extremely irrational and out of context for the "public relations" purpose of the meeting put on for his behalf by his family and probably many others and at other's time and expense.

It was an attack plain and simple.  Look at his face.  He calmly and coldly tosses the wine on Peter who was looking down and minding his own business, unaware, and not in confrontation at the time.  He didn't see it coming.  No one saw it coming.  Joran quickly did it when no one was watching or expecting it.  It was a threat and a statement from a guy who thinks he is all-powerful.  It was a slap in the face to his supporters and his family also.  He was saying to Peter De Vries and everyone else, "Don't f with me or you'll be sorry".  If he thought he could get away with it, he would have assaulted him more violently and if he had a weapon handy he would have used it and then walked away as if nothing had happened. 

His explanation and apology later were cooked up by his public relation experts (Dad or Taco or “Joran’s a sweet boy” Taco assistant ect.) - definitely not Joran's idea - or if he had second thoughts later, it was to save his own skin - apology is not in his make up.  I can just see his father pleading with him to go back and apologize.  (In the Greta "inclined to believe" interview he said he was sorry he left Natalee on the beach.   Why didn't he say that immediately to Natalee's family and the police when they arrived at the scene saying their daughter was missing?  Wouldn't an innocent person be concerned and want to help find her, not lead everyone on a wild goose chase?  Beth saw that cold expression when she asked him what happened and she knew him then and there for what he is).

Peter De Vries is a gentleman and has taken it calmly.  That he was temporarily blinded by the wine is not ok.  I am surprised the studio security guards did not grab Joran and detain him.  In the US I think that may have been the response if a TV personality was attacked on or off the air.  He's a walking time bomb for another violent attack and someone should pay attention.  He's a threat to others.

If I ever had any doubts about Joran’s involvement in Natalee’s disappearance, which I have not, I wouldn't anymore after seeing this.  He assaulted Natalee and he and or others let her die or he killed her and he and or others disposed of the body and the evidence.  That those three were not separated detained and questioned and their cars and homes searched immediately goes beyond bungling by the police.  The arrest of the guards screamed cover-up. That the poor "boys" were scared and so they lied and so it's Natalee’s family’s fault the evidence was lost in the first 10 days (Aruba excuse, Dutch excuse) doesn't fly.  So the cops believed the lies and ran with it?  NOT.  Not even in Aruba. There is a foul odor coming from that island and it starts with four suspects and spreads around.

Exactly.

Furthermore ... I once thought that he took care of the body himself, that his father would be the LAST person he'd want to call on (like most teens). However, after seeing the extent to which these parents go to protect him, I've changed my mind. He KNEW and his parents would cover up for him no matter what he did.

Unfortunately for all of them, he is now an adult and society's problem, not a six-year-old. There's a limit to what parents can explain.

I can see him going off on Natalee if she resisted him, in the same way that he went off on deVries for the same reason.

Case closed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.