June 03, 2024, 03:44:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #673 8/3 - 8/5/2007  (Read 210327 times)
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #820 on: August 05, 2007, 10:03:02 PM »

Ramm - is there any possibility that the Netherlands could put pressure on the DA to bring it to trial? 

no, the DA is independent precisely to avoid politicians pressuring them for politically based prosecutions.
Darn - thanks Ramm

OK, I don't get it. Didn't Aruba ask for the Dutch help? Wouldn't they need to go by their findings, or just ignore them? Aren't they all under the same laws, rules?

Would they keep the Dutch results secret?

Are we back to square one?  Sad

fran

Finally caught up. Good stuff tonight. Welcome Ramm. I don't think we are at square one, I think it is a circle and we have been chaseing our tail all the time. It justs keeps going round and round. 
By the way good evening monkeys.

2 4 1
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #821 on: August 05, 2007, 10:05:43 PM »

Ramm

Let's say, for whatever reason (sleeping with a suspect; bribed...), the DA is crooked.  What recourse does the country have??  Where is the "checks and balances" on that office??

for that there is the "Rijksrecherche". This is a special police force dedicated to investigating all public officials who are suspected of unlawful and/or unethical behavior and also who are guilty of dereliction of duty. Where as the DA is the boss of the regular police, the heads of the DA departments (the procureurs generaals) are in charge of the "Rijksrecherche".

There is internal control of quality, also there is the legal process who judges a DA on his functioning and the High council of the Netherlands (if need be). There are internal and external processes in place to be on the lookout for corruption/improper acts.

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #822 on: August 05, 2007, 10:07:57 PM »

Ramm

Let's say, for whatever reason (sleeping with a suspect; bribed...), the DA is crooked.  What recourse does the country have??  Where is the "checks and balances" on that office??

for that there is the "Rijksrecherche". This is a special police force dedicated to investigating all public officials who are suspected of unlawful and/or unethical behavior and also who are guilty of dereliction of duty. Where as the DA is the boss of the regular police, the heads of the DA departments (the procureurs generaals) are in charge of the "Rijksrecherche".

There is internal control of quality, also there is the legal process who judges a DA on his functioning and the High council of the Netherlands (if need be). There are internal and external processes in place to be on the lookout for corruption/improper acts.

Would it be evident if this group was called in??  Or, would it be secret??
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #823 on: August 05, 2007, 10:09:03 PM »

Hi SuzieQ!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #824 on: August 05, 2007, 10:12:16 PM »

This is just a thought apart from what we've been discussing.

Let's say you want to go to the beach.  There are lots of roads leading to the beach.  Why would you want to be dropped off north of a hotel and not by the beach ??

Freddy asks if they stopped for food, etc.  Anybody else thinking that maybe everybody was trying to figure out an area that had no surveillance cameras etc??

hmmmmm
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #825 on: August 05, 2007, 10:12:41 PM »

Hi SuzieQ!

Hi mrs. red

Ramm we have something like that here also. It's called Internal Affairs, and it doesn's always work like it is suppose to.

2 4 1
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #826 on: August 05, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »

Ramm

Would it be evident if this group was called in??  Or, would it be secret??

depends on the case at hand. If an officer is being investigated for a shooting incident or a deadly accident then this would be known to the officer. But when it is about corruption then the Rijksrecherce probably will keep it quiet as long as possible in order to obtain as much evidence as possible.

Aruba almost certainly has the same kind of department for investigating corruption and other crimes of public officials.

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #827 on: August 05, 2007, 10:14:15 PM »

Good evening monkeys.  Hi SusieQ and Ramm!  Glad to see you

Ramm, thanks so much for sharing this info.  Very informative!

Hi Mrs. Red!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: August 05, 2007, 10:14:20 PM »

This is just a thought apart from what we've been discussing.

Let's say you want to go to the beach.  There are lots of roads leading to the beach.  Why would you want to be dropped off north of a hotel and not by the beach ??

Freddy asks if they stopped for food, etc.  Anybody else thinking that maybe everybody was trying to figure out an area that had no surveillance cameras etc??

hmmmmm

Yes they were Buckeye.  They got caught the first time. 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #829 on: August 05, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »

Hi Mrs. Red!

Hi Dihannah.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #830 on: August 05, 2007, 10:17:26 PM »

Hi Mrs. Red!

Hi Dihannah

2 4 1
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #831 on: August 05, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »

Hey DiHannah...

Monkeys...great discussions today... lots to think about.

I need to get ready for Monday morning.. ugh.

keep the faith!

Nite...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #832 on: August 05, 2007, 10:18:43 PM »

Storms here.  Been knocked off twice.  Thanks to Ramm.  Glad you joined SM.  Sorry for all the questions.
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #833 on: August 05, 2007, 10:19:56 PM »

Wow, had a really long hanging white page that time.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #834 on: August 05, 2007, 10:30:19 PM »

Great front page post on Tim Miller, in case someone has not seen it .
Goodnight to anyone still here, hopefully will see you tomorrow.

2 4 1
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #835 on: August 05, 2007, 10:31:32 PM »

Goodnight SuzieQ.
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #836 on: August 05, 2007, 10:46:58 PM »

I don't know about y'all, but I don't think of monkeys, primates, etc. as being very prevalent on Aruba. Wink Seriously, I  have not seen any discussion at all about the probability that a primate forearm would wash ashore in that area under normal circumstances.

I know that there are donkeys and domesticated animals, but neither Aruba nor the adjacent coast of Venezuela appear to have the type of geography and vegetation that I associate with animals like primates. I think of primates as a rain forest/jungle creature, not a dweller in open arid desert-like conditions.

I also know for certain (as we all do) that humans live in that place, and that they disappear periodically. I suspect the probabilities are more in favor of that being a HUMAN forearm. 

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #837 on: August 05, 2007, 10:50:28 PM »

Klaas, I just got off the phone with Tim Miller of TES and asked him if I can post what he told me the reasons LE don't wish TES to come,

I know this is O/T May I post it here for IMO it's time for Monkey activation and a clarification about the site where she was last heard from

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #838 on: August 05, 2007, 10:51:41 PM »

Goodnight SuzieQ.

Just got back to computer...nite all you sleepy Monkeys going to bed...I'm still up for some time...am I here all alone...sniff...snifff..boo hoo..

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #839 on: August 05, 2007, 10:54:33 PM »

Klaas, I just got off the phone with Tim Miller of TES and asked him if I can post what he told me the reasons LE don't wish TES to come,

I know this is O/T May I post it here for IMO it's time for Monkey activation and a clarification about the site where she was last heard from

ALRIIIGHT!!!

Hope she says yes.....

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.