June 15, 2024, 06:20:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #17 6/26/09 - 8/6/09  (Read 441214 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1020 on: July 16, 2009, 10:53:14 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/20072980/detail.html

5 Months Later, No Sign Of Haleigh Cummings
Posted: 10:14 am EDT July 16, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- For Haleigh Cummings' grandmother, it's not knowing what happened to the 5-year-old girl that tears her apart.

Is Haleigh alive or dead? Did someone take her from her father's doublewide mobile home early Feb. 10 or did she wander away in the middle of the night?

"If she is alive, are they taking care of her, feeding her? We wonder if we are going to ever see her again," Marie Griffis said.

Since Day One, the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said it believes the girl was abducted from the home hidden beneath towering trees near the end of a sparsely populated rural dirt street.

Ironically, Haleigh was reported missing just hours before a memorial service was held in Orlando for 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, whose body had been found after months of searching. The victim's mother, Casey Anthony, has been charged with first-degree murder. That case has somewhat overshadowed Haleigh's disappearance because of the heavy news media coverage in the Orlando area.

After searching thousands of acres on foot, on horseback and from the air and following hundreds of leads, digging through trash bins and interviewing dozens of people, the sheriff's office still doesn't have a suspect in Haleigh disappearance. A reward of $35,000 has not broken the case.

"We have to operate on several theories. Stranger abduction is one of them," Maj. Gary Bowling said. "We are investigating every possibility. There any number of things that could have happened."

Investigators quickly contacted all the sexual predators living in the area, about 60 miles southwest of Jacksonville, to eliminate them as possible suspects.

"We are working on it every day," Bowling said. "There has been a high level of frustration from the beginning of not being able to get to the logical conclusion, solve the case and return Haleigh to her family."

Authorities first learned of Haleigh's disappearance in a 911 call from Misty Croslin, the 17-year-old live-in girlfriend of Ronald Cummings, the girl's father. She told investigators Haleigh was missing when she awoke at about 3 a.m. and noticed the back door was propped open with a brick. Cummings, who worked a night shift at a bridge manufacturing company, arrived home about that time.

Investigators sealed off the area, searching it on foot with dogs and later horses. Airplanes and helicopters looked from the air, while boats plied the nearby St. Johns River.

After a round-table discussion in early June with the sheriff's office, Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the FBI and the State Attorney's Office, it was announced that there were still more than 4,000 leads being followed.

"We are not ruling out any possibility," Bowling said. Another meeting is expected soon.

While the search continued, a soap opera developed. Haleigh's parents never married, and bad blood developed after they split. Cummings, who had a job, was given custody of Haleigh and her brother.

Cummings' family was barred from the mobile home for several weeks, so they set up a camp down the street, sleeping on cots, watching a big-screen television. About a half-mile away, Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, and Griffis erected a large tent. Both camps catered to the growing media crowd.

The Sheffield-Griffis family believe Cummings and Croslin have been inconsistent in their stories to authorities. In a TV interview Sheffield also accused Cummings of physically and verbally abusing her while she was pregnant with Haleigh and of hitting the girl. But in another TV interview, she said Cummings is a good father who would not hurt the girl.

About a month after the little girl disappeared, Cummings and Croslin married and then appeared on NBC's "Today" show while on their honeymoon.

After questions developed over the care of Haleigh and her little brother, both Sheffield and Cummings obtained free legal counsel.

A call to Gregory Kimball, an attorney representing Haleigh's father, was not returned and a woman who answered the telephone at the office said Cummings was no longer doing interviews.

Deputies recently searched the property near Glen St. Mary in north Florida where Griffis and Sheffield live. They found nothing.

Griffis believes the case will eventually be solved.

"I still think the police have something. They just haven't put it all together yet. When they get all this evidence in and they can put all this stuff in one big pile, they will tell the people what they have and make an arrest," she said.

Ernie Allen, president and CEO of The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, said while speed is important, someone knows what happened to Haleigh and law enforcement just needs their information to solve the case.

"There is hope that Haleigh Cummings is alive and she is recoverable," Allen said, adding that only a third of stranger abductions result in death.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1021 on: July 16, 2009, 10:54:53 AM »

Keys are the shoes and the money trail.
huh???  what am i missing about the shoes???
I don't know, but I think her shoes were still at home. The money trail, I totally don't get, who has a lot of money in all this? 

Color me cofused too ....I don't know what money is being referred to exactly, I just know my check still hasn't been cashed and after 6 month (IIRC) it's no good, so it's not like Crystal, IMO is using this as a money making scheme....I'm just SICK of it all, and want Haleigh found alive or otherwise, and unfortunately I do think she's gone.
I'm sick of it all also. LE dropped the ball, is how I see it. I have all along felt that Haleigh was no longer alive.
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1022 on: July 16, 2009, 11:08:33 AM »

To help resolve the confusion.. this is not such my opinion as a summary of what I have read....
The donated money to the Haleighbug Center, to date has not had an accountability.  The money prior to the establishing the foundation, was accountable to the IRS, for tax purposes. After the foundation was created it was tax exempt.
No one is available to give any accountability for the money acquired to date.  The issues over the person claiming to be an FBI agent, that I have read in the articles and the Information sent to the FBI, is that John Regan, father of Jeremiah Regan (who was suppose to be the head of the Haleighbug foundation).  He reportedly represented himself as law enforcement.  The people listed in the report were at the search site, and reportedly found objects.  Apparently, rather than leave the items where they were originally found, and not touching or disturbing these items, and not contacting the Sheriff's Department and report that items were found, and let the Le come out, check the items, and determine if they were in fact items belonging to the case, and taking the items in with an chain of evidence.  A different mode of action was taken, and the items were determined as tainted. Not usable as evidence, due to the lack of chain of custody and not following legal procedures by moving such items and distrubing the area surrounding the location. This is my summary of the infomation that was listed on the site.  So, if you have a check that was sent in and not cashed, I would suggest you try to contact Marie or Crystal, advise them of the check and have them assist you.  They are currently the only ones listed on the Foundation records at this time.

"Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men", John Steinbeck
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1023 on: July 16, 2009, 11:09:13 AM »

Keys are the shoes and the money trail.
huh???  what am i missing about the shoes???
I don't know, but I think her shoes were still at home. The money trail, I totally don't get, who has a lot of money in all this? 

Color me cofused too ....I don't know what money is being referred to exactly, I just know my check still hasn't been cashed and after 6 month (IIRC) it's no good, so it's not like Crystal, IMO is using this as a money making scheme....I'm just SICK of it all, and want Haleigh found alive or otherwise, and unfortunately I do think she's gone.
I'm sick of it all also. LE dropped the ball, is how I see it. I have all along felt that Haleigh was no longer alive.
Agree on both points and have since the beginning.............O/T~Love your new avi!

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1024 on: July 16, 2009, 11:27:40 AM »

To help resolve the confusion.. this is not such my opinion as a summary of what I have read....
The donated money to the Haleighbug Center, to date has not had an accountability.  The money prior to the establishing the foundation, was accountable to the IRS, for tax purposes. After the foundation was created it was tax exempt.
No one is available to give any accountability for the money acquired to date.  The issues over the person claiming to be an FBI agent, that I have read in the articles and the Information sent to the FBI, is that John Regan, father of Jeremiah Regan (who was suppose to be the head of the Haleighbug foundation).  He reportedly represented himself as law enforcement.  The people listed in the report were at the search site, and reportedly found objects.  Apparently, rather than leave the items where they were originally found, and not touching or disturbing these items, and not contacting the Sheriff's Department and report that items were found, and let the Le come out, check the items, and determine if they were in fact items belonging to the case, and taking the items in with an chain of evidence.  A different mode of action was taken, and the items were determined as tainted. Not usable as evidence, due to the lack of chain of custody and not following legal procedures by moving such items and distrubing the area surrounding the location. This is my summary of the infomation that was listed on the site.  So, if you have a check that was sent in and not cashed, I would suggest you try to contact Marie or Crystal, advise them of the check and have them assist you.  They are currently the only ones listed on the Foundation records at this time.

Thank for your take on things, I did not make it payable to the Haleighbug foundation as I never wanted an accounting for it~I gave it no strings attached directly to Crystal to choose to use it as she felt.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1025 on: July 16, 2009, 11:43:26 AM »

Well, based on the conclusions.. here is food for thought.  There is a lack of evidence to promote the concept that Haleigh met with foul play and is currently dead.  There is apparently a lack of evidence to provide a concept of who are the  person or persons who abducted Haleigh that night.   Now, think about this very carefully,  if the items of interest were actually outside toys belonging to Haleigh....  Why would an abductor take the time to pick up her toys from outside the house to carry along with them?   If it were a stranger abductor, and that person was carrying a child who did not know them, out of her bed and the safety of her home, why was she not struggling and screaming?  If she was struggling, how could they maintain this struggling child, pick up toys from the front yard along with an empty inhaler from the house?  that they could not use, did they take it from the trash?  Then why dump all of these items in this specific location?  People do things for a specific reason.  Not generally random.  If surrounded by fustration. Then look at the different issues and ask questions of those issues.. If what you have found doesn't make sense, then look for the reason it doesn't make sense.

Now, as you are working on a theory of the so who lives in the green trailer behind the cummings home.. Ask yourselves one queston..  Why, if this were the case.. did the dog tracking Haleigh that next morning, not follow the so right back to his house front or back door, or to a location that he would have left Haleigh?   Even trace elements would have been left on that so, such as hair, skin tracings, fluids, enought of Haleigh to track him instead.  This did not happen, the dog tracked Haleigh in such a manner, that it appeared she was lost and wandering around the neighborhood, as though she were unfamiliar with what directions to travel.  And then tracked her out of the neighborhood.  See you cannot have two concepts when the evidence leaves a clear path to only one.  I trust the dog, and the dog did his job.  The dog provided evidence to follow.

mlee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1026 on: July 16, 2009, 11:51:13 AM »

Thank for your take on things, I did not make it payable to the Haleighbug foundation as I never wanted an accounting for it~I gave it no strings attached directly to Crystal to choose to use it as she felt.

Maybe she lost it??  You might call her and remind her that the check will discontinue shortly, and apparently they still require funding.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1027 on: July 16, 2009, 11:53:09 AM »

Well, based on the conclusions.. here is food for thought.  There is a lack of evidence to promote the concept that Haleigh met with foul play and is currently dead.  There is apparently a lack of evidence to provide a concept of who are the  person or persons who abducted Haleigh that night.   Now, think about this very carefully,  if the items of interest were actually outside toys belonging to Haleigh....  Why would an abductor take the time to pick up her toys from outside the house to carry along with them?   If it were a stranger abductor, and that person was carrying a child who did not know them, out of her bed and the safety of her home, why was she not struggling and screaming?  If she was struggling, how could they maintain this struggling child, pick up toys from the front yard along with an empty inhaler from the house?  that they could not use, did they take it from the trash?  Then why dump all of these items in this specific location?  People do things for a specific reason.  Not generally random.  If surrounded by fustration. Then look at the different issues and ask questions of those issues.. If what you have found doesn't make sense, then look for the reason it doesn't make sense.

Now, as you are working on a theory of the so who lives in the green trailer behind the cummings home.. Ask yourselves one queston..  Why, if this were the case.. did the dog tracking Haleigh that next morning, not follow the so right back to his house front or back door, or to a location that he would have left Haleigh?   Even trace elements would have been left on that so, such as hair, skin tracings, fluids, enought of Haleigh to track him instead.  This did not happen, the dog tracked Haleigh in such a manner, that it appeared she was lost and wandering around the neighborhood, as though she were unfamiliar with what directions to travel.  And then tracked her out of the neighborhood.  See you cannot have two concepts when the evidence leaves a clear path to only one.  I trust the dog, and the dog did his job.  The dog provided evidence to follow.

Well I disagree~there are ways to murder and not leave evidence.........hair, skin cells etc would already be in the home if the crime was committed by someone that lived in the home, remember Laci Peterson (NOT one shred of evidence), Haleigh could have had a traumatic brain injury like Natasha Richardson, or been smothered leaving no evidence. She could have easily died in that home and left no evidence except maybe urine (which would account for Misty's crazy blanket and pee stories), I unfortunately know decomp is not immediate as I held my grandchild for 4 hours after he died..........he was still in his diaper, but no signs of ANY decomp whatsoever. I see no evidence she is alive IMO.

FYI~What theory do you think I'm working on.........I have theories, but none you have stated. I think Haleigh got caught in the middle of a fight between Ron and Misty OR someone lost their temper in that mobile home and Haleigh paid the price, MOO.

[
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1028 on: July 16, 2009, 11:56:04 AM »

Maybe she lost it??  You might call her and remind her that the check will discontinue shortly, and apparently they still require funding.

I've checked, she has it........I'm unsure of how much funding they need as I offered very early on to help and they just asked that I donate to the reward fund (but since I think she's gone I didn't), and they asked for prayers. I don't see them as money hungry or they would have taken me up on numerous offers of cash.

[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1029 on: July 16, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »

Well, if some family member took Haleigh, they must be really smart, because by now you would think someone would have screwed up by now. And again, for what purpose?
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1030 on: July 16, 2009, 12:07:27 PM »

Well, if some family member took Haleigh, they must be really smart, because by now you would think someone would have screwed up by now. And again, for what purpose?

Agreed NRCG~I don't think anyone in this crew is smart enough to pull that off, nor do I see a purpose....

[
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1031 on: July 16, 2009, 12:23:17 PM »

HLN did mention HaLeigh's disappearance this morning. Nothing in particular about the case. Only that she is still missing and the number of tips that LE has received.

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1032 on: July 16, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »

Morning CBB and all monkeys!

Heart, you have a new look! cutey patutey!

thanks for the articles on Haleigh...

Yes, I had been intending to ask Brandi to fix me up for some time now and finally got around to it yesterday.

Thanks again Brandi!!

Heart
Thunder Bunny
Scared Monkey

PLEASE BRING HALEIGH HOME

« Reply #1033 on: July 16, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »

Agreed NRCG~I don't think anyone in this crew is smart enough to pull that off, nor do I see a purpose....

I don't think they had to be smart.  My humble opinion here dear monkeys, but I don't think they had to be smart.  I think it started off simple and ended up blowing up in whoever is responsibles face.  It got out of control.  It got way bigger than it was suppose to.  Maybe a scare tactic...whatever. I believe she's still alive. I'm going by what LE has said.  And only 1/3 of abductions end in death.  If they were looking for a body, I think we'd know it by now.  They KNEW Caylee was gone.  They KNEW they were looking for a body.  And we knew what they were looking for.

~°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°     Please Bring Haleigh Home!!!!     °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°~
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1034 on: July 16, 2009, 02:38:58 PM »

Father Of Haleigh Cummings Cleared In DCF Inquiry
Cummings' Daughter Haleigh Has Been Missing Since February

POSTED: 12:19 pm EDT July 16, 2009
UPDATED: 1:53 pm EDT July 16, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The Florida Department of Children and Families said it found no evidence that the father of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings physically abused his children.

DCF said the investigation is closed and 25-year-old Cummings will keep custody of his son, Ronald Jr.

In March, an attorney representing the children's mother, Crystal Sheffield, said there was evidence of abuse in the household.
Haleigh Cummings
Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her Satsuma home on Feb. 9.

Haleigh went missing from her Satsuma home in Putnam County in February. Her father's then-girlfriend, 17-year-old Misty Croslin, said she put Haleigh to bed Monday night and realized the girl was missing right before Ronald Cummings got home from work several hours later.

Croslin and Cummings married in March.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20075323/detail.html

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1035 on: July 16, 2009, 02:43:39 PM »

DCF: No Findings of Child Abuse Against Father of Haleigh Cummings
Posted By: Gary Detman Posted By: Cindy Krenek     Created: 7/16/2009 11:56:10 AM    Updated: 7/16/2009 1:44:09 PM

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- The attorney representing Ronald Cummings says there have been no findings of child abuse against the father of the missing girl.

Ronald Cummings is the father of Haleigh Cummings, the 5-year-old girl who disappeared the night of February 9 when she went to bed at her home in Satsuma.

Kimball & Snider, P.A., the firm which is handling legal matters for Ronald Cummings, released a statement saying DCF's "investigation is closed with no factual finding of abuse against Ronald Cummings."

The firm says Haleigh's brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., will continue to live with his father, and that Mr. Cummings will take parenting classes with Misty Croslin Cummings, the woman who put Haleigh to bed the night the she vanished.

The couple married about a month after Haleigh disappeared.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=141746&catid=3

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1036 on: July 16, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »

Haleigh Cummings – The Positive Starts To Pay Off!
Posted on July 16th, 2009
by Simon Barrett in Society and Culture, crime

There is little to be happy about concerning the search for Haleigh Cummings. Five months have passed since she was reported missing, and all but a few journalists have moved on to other stories. A few of us through have kept the little girls picture in the limelight. TJ Hart of The Sky 97.3 and ourselves here at BNN have refused to let this story die.

I know that we likely have made few friends as a result, but we are determined to see this through to the conclusion, whatever that might be.

Fed up with the bickering and sideshows that follow this case like a rash, we decided to take a slightly different approach and try and focus on the core item, lets find this missing child. It looks like our positive pressure is finally paying some dividends. I have it on good authority that CNN’s Headline News will be airing a special segment at 5:10pm Eastern today. Although it is only a 10 minute slot, it looks like they are going to be broaching some key areas that many of the general public may not be aware of.

It seems that the local elected officials have been getting some mail and email from concerned citizens regarding the disappearance and seeming lack of progress by law enforcement.

Other items slated for discussion include the rather strange decision to cancel the 2nd FDLE Round Table, why was it canceled?

A new search has been requested for a property near where Haleigh was taken from.

Private investigator assembles new team and sends ground units to Tennessee to follow some leads that she may be living there

Is Law Enforcement urging family members NOT to talk to the press?

Clarification concerning who the lead investigator is?

Much of this news may not come as a surprise to BNN readers, or listeners to our weekly radio show, but it will come as a big surprise to the general public. Let us hope that with this burst of media interest we can look forward to a resolution of the Haleigh Cummings story.

For once I am happy to pen a Haleigh Cummings story. Keep up the great work everyone, and keep those letters flowing to Putnam County.

Update: Segment moved to 5:30 Eastern

Simon Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/121587

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1037 on: July 16, 2009, 03:00:53 PM »

Kim Picazio resigns as CS Attorney!!!! Breaking

http://twitter.com/RadioNewz#/RadioNewz

Heart
Thunder Bunny
Scared Monkey

PLEASE BRING HALEIGH HOME

« Reply #1038 on: July 16, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »

Heart, my friend...thank you for posting what Simon has written!!!  ((you))  If it weren't for pickles, I'd be able to see it myself.  I'll take you posting it any day!!   

~°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°     Please Bring Haleigh Home!!!!     °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°~
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1039 on: July 16, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »

ksue said,
in July 15th, 2009 at 1:44 pm

satsuma gator, ask marie griffis. or better yet ask kim or her husband.
the proof i have is an e-mail from marie griffis stating this as fact. thats my proof.

keshala said,
in July 15th, 2009 at 2:07 pm

—– Original Message —–
To: Karen
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2009 2:31 PM
Subject: re:Kim

I knew Kim was up to no good from about the second week she was there in Satsuma. Now I will tell you the truth but I ask the same of you about confidentiality, the person that was actually sleeping with Jeremiah was Kim, not Crystal. Not to say that she was not attracted to him she was but they both knew what that would do at Crystal chance of getting her kids. He is very ashamed about what happened between him and Kim, claimed she got him drunk and I wouldn’t put it past her, she always kept him from being at HBC especially when Crystal was there. As far as being uneducated, she is gonna learn how uneducated I really am, we are working on getting a new laywer if this one doesn’t pan out we’ve got another. If push comes to shove I’ll call Cobra he says he has 2 that is willing to take the case. There are a lot of things I am learning about Kim and Family that have to do with personal fianaces and I don’t see how she had the money to spend on the HBC center. As far as I know her husband paid April and I paid Kim the money back and then May he paid rent, lights and phone because I wanted it moved and she didn’t. Busted her little fling up I guess. If she has lost that much money it’s money on Hotel Rooms and money they gave Cobra which was a sum of about 7500 and 2 child support payments, don’t know how much they where.

I have ask her 10 times to file change of custody papers and she says we have to wait until DCF finishes there case first that’s BS and she knows it. So know I’m wondering just who she is really working for. I think she is playing both sides of the fence. If she has information like that about HaLeigh then she is in with Ron and his family. I have often ponder about that, everything she has done is fishy to me. Got some more info I gave to the Police yesterday if it pans out she might just be in a crack herself or should I say like Cobra a jail cell. I believe firmly what goes around comes around and it’s a comin’ just sit back and watch. That’s what I’m gonna do, not really I’m concentracting on finding HaLeigh, but I will watch Kim.

If you have anyhting else on her please don’t hesitate to tell me I don’t tell Crystal alot of things because she is to fragile right know, unless I need to get her pissed so she will fight, but Ron’s doing that for me.

Thanks a Bunch,
Marie

http://www.bloggernews.net/121568

Heart
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.