June 03, 2024, 06:26:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old, PORTLAND, OR #36 11/21/10 - 12/05/10  (Read 185667 times)
monchichi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #840 on: December 01, 2010, 01:08:15 PM »

Does anyone remember reading that Kyron liked to go to places he could fly to on a plane?

I thought this was on the BringKyronHome website, but if it was, it is gone now.

OK, disregard this.  I found it in one of the early press conferences, maybe it wasn't ever on the bringkyronhome site.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #841 on: December 01, 2010, 05:41:48 PM »

Sebastian - ya know?  For the last month I've had this nagging thought, that this is a part of something much bigger, and that everyone (including the silent TH), have been working with LE to bring down a huge child-trafficing ring or something. 
That has crossed my mind too after that huge arrest, but I can also see it as a crime of opportunity, SO in the area......most likely not the case, but things are just not adding up as they should and I also think LE using the parents to be the de facto PIO is odd

I remember the mechanic/bioler room in the school and again IIRC wasn't it below the stairs Tanner stated Kyron was descending. Perfect spot for some nut to show him something really cool in that room, and sneak him out in large trash can janitors use, the possibilities are endless, but that room haunts me for some reason

Me too. I literally got chills when I looked at it and don't know why.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #842 on: December 01, 2010, 05:53:37 PM »

A bit off topic but I wanted to make a point.

I know a lot of people have talked about LE in all of the missing cases. Some have been positive, and some have been questionable. I want to share something that happened to me personally.

About 15 years ago, my best friend had a very close friend, whom also was a friend of mine. Let's call her friend A. Well, she got pregnant, shortly after her marriage. She gave birth early to a son and had complications in her delivery. The baby ended up with severe brain damage.

After a few months, friend A was having a hard time emotionally, trying to deal with her new baby because of all of the medical problems. She vocally stated that she didn't want to have to deal with it any more. After seeing this sweet baby I told her that I would adopt him since she clearly could not handle his medical problems.

Two days later, the baby died. I spoke with my BF, friend B, and she confessed to me that friend A had laid on top of the child and suffocated him. BTW, I recorded and made notes of the many conversations. I was horrified. I gave her a way out and she chose to murder her own son.

I immediately notified a friend of mine that was a detective. Then I called LE and the DA of what happened. I sent them the recorded tapes and a copy of all of my notes. I called several times a week and was ignored. My calls were ignored.

I came to find out that friend A's father worked for the coroners office and nothing ever happened. No charges were filed and they ruled that he died from medical conditions. To this day, I still have those notes and the recordings went poof.

My point here is, even though in general, I believe in LE's work and dedication, sometimes there are cases that are covered up, and child murders fall within the cracks. Again, I'm not making a judgment on them in general, I'm just sharing what happened to me.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #843 on: December 01, 2010, 05:58:34 PM »

Sorry for the O/T but Tracygirl - could you drop me an email at cindygillie@Yahoo.com - I have a need for your legal background on a witness prep question! Thanks

I am not a lawyer, I am an advocate for disabled citizens and know about my state laws and the federal education laws for both Special ed and  general. I will email you, but not sure if I can help or not.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #844 on: December 01, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »

I know a lot of people have talked about LE in all of the missing cases. Some have been positive, and some have been questionable. I want to share something that happened to me personally.

About 15 years ago, my best friend had a very close friend, whom also was a friend of mine. Let's call her friend A. Well, she got pregnant, shortly after her marriage. She gave birth early to a son and had complications in her delivery. The baby ended up with severe brain damage.

After a few months, friend A was having a hard time emotionally, trying to deal with her new baby because of all of the medical problems. She vocally stated that she didn't want to have to deal with it any more. After seeing this sweet baby I told her that I would adopt him since she clearly could not handle his medical problems.

Two days later, the baby died. I spoke with my BF, friend B, and she confessed to me that friend A had laid on top of the child and suffocated him. BTW, I recorded and made notes of the many conversations. I was horrified. I gave her a way out and she chose to murder her own son.

I immediately notified a friend of mine that was a detective. Then I called LE and the DA of what happened. I sent them the recorded tapes and a copy of all of my notes. I called several times a week and was ignored. My calls were ignored.

I came to find out that friend A's father worked for the coroners office and nothing ever happened. No charges were filed and they ruled that he died from medical conditions. To this day, I still have those notes and the recordings went poof.

My point here is, even though in general, I believe in LE's work and dedication, sometimes there are cases that are covered up, and child murders fall within the cracks. Again, I'm not making a judgment on them in general, I'm just sharing what happened to me.

What an awful story and an end to such a beautiful life. I am sorry you had to go through that. I hope you know you did the right thing or at least tried to. Sometimes we are presented with 2 different paths we can take, the easy one or the more difficult one. I really think God tests us...I think it would be safe to say, you passed with flying colors.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #845 on: December 01, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »

Sassifrass, you are a good soul!  After my niece, who had severe brain damage, lived in an almost vegetative state until the age of 21, I can tell you that baby is better off.  The mother shouldn't have done it, I know, but sometimes people snap in a situation like that.  My SIL had to take my niece to the State Hospital when she got too big to lift.  Poor little child couldn't have ever been comfortable.  She lived so many years in misery.  I wouldn't want to live like that.

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #846 on: December 01, 2010, 08:04:35 PM »

I agree for the most part LE is very dedicated and tries the best to follow the evidence, in others ~and I noticed alot in Illinois and I assume alot of it is political there seems to be the thin blue line, I remember sleuthing LE in the case of Drew P and was shocked at what I found, same with David Dowaliby and Kevin Fox who were innocent yet spent time in prison for the murders, and Drew P was out walking the streets after his 3rd wife was murdered, and from what I remember there were quite a few missing persons tied in with Drew or those that were involved with women in his life, then Stacey...it's extremely frustrating and the case above had to pizz you off, first you gave her an option as you stated and then the fact the father of friend A being friends with the coroner makes it look like he did a favor for a friend and a mother who killed her baby walks free. I can't imagine how you felt knowing the truth and being ignored...but, sound like you tried everything you could and were a great friend to offer to take the baby. Some, well most of the cases we follow are infuriating and after reading the new info in Zahra's case, well I am at a loss for words at the hell on earth she lived. Thank you for sharing your experience, I really appreciate your insight.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #847 on: December 01, 2010, 08:25:18 PM »

IM Zahra's case is horrible, just the worse one I have read in a long, long time. I sure hope Kyrons family and friends are not following it.
Joni97103
Scared Monkey

« Reply #848 on: December 01, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »

Sassifrass, you are a good soul!  After my niece, who had severe brain damage, lived in an almost vegetative state until the age of 21, I can tell you that baby is better off.  The mother shouldn't have done it, I know, but sometimes people snap in a situation like that.  My SIL had to take my niece to the State Hospital when she got too big to lift.  Poor little child couldn't have ever been comfortable.  She lived so many years in misery.  I wouldn't want to live like that.

My former sister-in-law and her husband had two children with Cockayne Syndrome, and I can definitely see where there is a question as to quality of life.  These two children both died by the time they were 18, but even though they were not aware of much after age 10, we all know that they had happy, happy lives.  I'm sure the last years were not good for them, because Cockayne's is degenerative, but hopefully their memories were intact and they remembered things from when they were still cognitive.

Still....very hard to go through and see.  Bless you, Sass, for trying to help
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #849 on: December 02, 2010, 02:39:07 AM »

<snip, snip>
 an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey
Dear Sassi,

Thanks so much for sharing this.  I am so sorry that this happened. 

I'm glad that you mentioned it, though it is horrifying to consider such a situation, I'm wondering if some of that may be at play in Kyron's case.  There are some things about this case that are really strange and I don't know what to believe.  Hopefully, this will all come out publicly at some point.  I'm not sure if things are being covered up, or if it's just the way things are here (maybe both) but there is a definite communication breakdown with LE.  It's so frustrating.  If Kyron is ever found, I pray that this lack of communication with be healed.

Thanks again for delving into this painful part of your history, it has shed some light on this situation for me, and may well do the same for others.  I guess that's the bright side.

Take care,

Koko's Cat

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
Kokos Cat
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #850 on: December 02, 2010, 02:49:05 AM »

Claycat,

You look sooo cozy by the fire!

K. Cat

PS,
TG,
  I doubt Kyron's loved ones' are following Z's case.  I can't even do it!  I really doubt they are.  I know if I were them, I wouldn't be online much at all, and I would avoid all forums like the plague.  It'd just be so painful, hearing what people say, it wouldn't be helpful, IMO, and would just make the hurt worse. 

“When the solution is simple, God is answering.” -- Albert Einstein
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #851 on: December 02, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »

Sassi--I just wanted to tell you that you did all the right things and could have given that little baby a beautiful, loved life but what happened to you isn't all that uncommon.  I know, some are gonna not gonna like what I say but my Dad was best friends with a high ranking detective, rode sheriff's posse (that is what it is called in our area) when needed and worked hand in hand with troopers and all LE.  He also worked part time as the coroners asst. if they were short handed also.  He was a 23 year paramedic for same county.  I can honestly tell you that if I had or got into any trouble (speeding ticket, sm. fender bender, no major crimes, etc.)my Dad through his buddies got is swept under the rug.  I have witnessed many things covered up through the years but I was a small child all the way to 18.  At first I didn't know anything that was being said or done was wrong.  Then I learned I could use it to my advantage.  It is well known that if you know the right person you can take care of quite a few things.  I don't want anyone to think that I'm saying all LE is corrupt but there are some who do take advantage of their postions as with any other job.  Now that I am older and can see that it was so wrong and all the cases and situations such a Sassi's that have some things just pushed under the rug where charges should have been filed.  My Dad, bless his heart learned a very valuable and hard lesson before he retired.  His best friend of many years and work partner was accused of statutory rape and my Dad, their LE friends, and the man's relatives all stood up for him and backed him and testified as to his good character.  They found him not guilty and then not two days later my Dad walked into the station where he worked only to hear this man bragging about sleeping with this little girl and getting away with it.  Violence is never the answer but my Dad beat the tar out of this man and of course my Dad didn't get arrested but he was sued for damages by his ex friend and dropped later because he faced people telling the truth as they found out about it after the fact.  The scum moved from the county never to be heard from again. I'm just sad that I cheated in the past and it still happens but in much bigger more horrible ways.  All forms of cheating the system hurt people.  Most of all the children that fall through the cracks and are in and out of the court system and just pushed to the side, they suffer the most.  It's all sad.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: December 02, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »

Here's a post I just read on BOC - first I've heard of about RS lately that has transpired since Kyron went missing:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/

GraceintheHills says:
December 1, 2010 at 11:40 pm
It doesn’t surprise me that the media has not pursued RS and certain other witnesses. I have seen this type of “quietness” settle over a high profile case before. Above all, reporters are human beings who, like the rest of us, value their careers. Many of those who cover the courthouse beat, including trials, have reliable and trusted sources in LE and the DA’s office. That trust works both ways. When it comes to approaching potential witnesses, *most* of these reporters know it is important to try and keep witnesses as pristine as possible for trial. For instance, if a reporter gets too close to a witness, and information that is best left for the witness stand is published in the media prior to the trial, that reporter may wake up to find she has lost her trusted LE/DA source forever. I know a case where this happened. Newsatfive, if she is not too busy, should be able to weigh in on this topic, as well.

Now, let’s find Kyron.

Grace-
According to my sources there, the media HAS doggedly pursued RS, with only a small shot of him driving, and to my knowledge did not identify him. He has been elusive.
B

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
sebastian
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: December 02, 2010, 12:42:01 PM »

Here's a post I just read on BOC - first I've heard of about RS lately that has transpired since Kyron went missing:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2010/11/02/kyron-horman-case-terri-horman-sexts-sent-to-kaine-hormans-phone-what/

GraceintheHills says:
December 1, 2010 at 11:40 pm
It doesn’t surprise me that the media has not pursued RS and certain other witnesses. I have seen this type of “quietness” settle over a high profile case before. Above all, reporters are human beings who, like the rest of us, value their careers. Many of those who cover the courthouse beat, including trials, have reliable and trusted sources in LE and the DA’s office. That trust works both ways. When it comes to approaching potential witnesses, *most* of these reporters know it is important to try and keep witnesses as pristine as possible for trial. For instance, if a reporter gets too close to a witness, and information that is best left for the witness stand is published in the media prior to the trial, that reporter may wake up to find she has lost her trusted LE/DA source forever. I know a case where this happened. Newsatfive, if she is not too busy, should be able to weigh in on this topic, as well.

Now, let’s find Kyron.

Grace-
According to my sources there, the media HAS doggedly pursued RS, with only a small shot of him driving, and to my knowledge did not identify him. He has been elusive.
B

I wonder what he is doing for income? I am sure that the minute he showed up to do some landscaping that the media would be all over him.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #854 on: December 02, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »

That is what I've been sitting here trying to figure out, there would be no way he is doing landscape jobs, he would be noticed. Not only that, some people might not want him doing any work because they don't trust him.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: December 02, 2010, 01:12:53 PM »

Blink seems to think this man and his associates are the key to this. There is some interesting research on this man over there.

There are a few things about him that seem hinky to me. I wouldn't be surprised if he is tied into this some how.

Puzzler, do we know if the woman and 2 children missing which by the way one of the child's birthday is close to the time Kyron went missing which I find odd, is this the wife of RS or one of his associates? LE had said they were investigating somebody previous to Kyron going missing, I wonder if it was this man? When was the woman and children reported missing? I know it took a month, but do you know when?
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #856 on: December 02, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »

God Bless You, Kyron.

Praying you will be found, praying for the truth, praying for justice.

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #857 on: December 02, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »

6 months missing: Kyron's parents issue new plea

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron-Hormans-parents-issue-6-month-plea-missing-portland-111212509.html

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: December 02, 2010, 05:56:01 PM »

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The parents of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman pleaded once again for help to bring attention to the case six months since he disappeared.

"We recognize that it has now been 6 months since Kyron went missing and we are still deeply saddened that he is not home with us. We feel the investigation continues to move forward in a positive manner and is progressing toward finding out what happened to Kyron. Briefings continue with law enforcement on a regular basis and we remain confident in the commitment of law enforcement and in the mission to find our son," Kaine Horman and Desiree Young said.

Kyron disappeared from Skyline Elementary on June 4. No suspects have been named in the case.

"We all still remain focused and relentless in the pursuit of bringing Kyron home. We would like to stress to everyone that Kyron has not yet been found and we need everyone’s help. We still need everyone willing to pass out fliers and/or post them in high visibility areas. If you are travelling, attending holiday events, out shopping, or even shipping packages from your business you can help. We can help get fliers to you if you need them to pass out, post, or ship (please use the web master email link at www.bringkyronhome.org to request some).

"Kyron still needs all of us. We love you Kyron and we will never give up hope."

A divorce hearing for Kaine Horman and his estranged wife Terri moulton-Horman is set for early January.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: December 02, 2010, 05:58:14 PM »

http://bringkyronhome.org/findkyron/Events/Holiday%20Card%20Challenge.htm

<snipped>
I would like to challenge all 85,000 members of this facebook page to give a gift of your time to help bring Kyron home.  As you get ready to send out your holiday cards, won't you PLEASE go to www.BringKyronHome.org and print up some of the small flyers that have been made especially for this challenge.  I challenge each of you to put a flyer of Kyron in your holiday cards when you send them off.  The potential for getting Kyron's face and information around the globe is very good if we all do this!  The flyers have been reduced in size so that it will be more economical for you to print up and cut out as many as you need.
<snipped>

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.