May 31, 2024, 05:31:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #5 7/11/10 - 7/13/10  (Read 218807 times)
bananas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: July 13, 2010, 08:11:54 PM »

Do I think TH has a right to the house or money from the house... NO but that is just my opinion.  I am trying to examine things from all sides.

The house IS NOT marital property because it was purchased solely by Kaine prior to their marriage.  Therefore, technically Terri doesn't get any value from the property.

http://www.divorcesource.com/info/divorcelaws/oregon.shtml

Property Distribution: Since Oregon is an "equitable distribution" state, the marital property shall be divided in an equitable fashion. Equitable does not mean equal, but rather what is fair. The court will encourage the parties to reach a settlement on property and debt issues otherwise the court will declare the property award.

In dividing, awarding and distributing the real and personal property (or both) of the parties (or either of them) between the parties, or in making such property or any of it subject to a trust, and in fixing the amount and duration of the contribution one party is to make to the support of the other, the court shall not consider the fault, if any, of either of the parties in causing grounds for the annulment or dissolution of the marriage or for separation.

For the division or other disposition between the parties of the real or personal property, or both, of either or both of the parties as may be just and proper in all the circumstances. A retirement plan or pension or an interest therein shall be considered as property. The court shall consider the contribution of a spouse as a homemaker as a contribution to the acquisition of marital assets. There is a rebuttable presumption that both spouses have contributed equally to the acquisition of property during the marriage, whether such property is jointly or separately held. (Oregon Statutes - Volume 2 - Sections: 107.036, 107.105)

Thanks Klaas for posting the Oregon laws.... I see now.  I am so used to Texas law.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me."
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: July 13, 2010, 08:12:26 PM »

Wow! I was reading along and stumbled upon this comment:

"she's had 5 kids so ummm you know"

Well I have had five kids and I don't know so could you please explain this part?

PS genetics have been kind to me,so um,  maybe I assume they have been kind to everyone else too?
I dunno.

Akkk...Patty Mocha - Didn't mean anything bad by it. My husband & I have 5, also...his, hers & ours. I had 2 boys before I met him, he had a boy & girl, & we have a boy together. Well, in keeping in context with my original post, this tramp was used big time...and seems she was proud of it. When I said "she's had 5 kids so ummm you know", I was referring to it not looking too "pretty". This is a chick that doesn't exercise...actually, lemme paraphrase - she only exercises certain parts of her body apparently. Sorry to be yucky, but you asked, & this is what all the men talked about once they saw the nasty pics. She used toys for crying out loud. She was already stretched out & the pics she took were very close up. That's about as graphic as I'm gonna get. I'm sure you can be beautiful having 5 children, 10 children, hell 20 - but the way she portrayed herself in these pics made her look ugly - not even remotely pretty...kwim? I wonder how many people Cook & LS dude shared those pics/videos with.

Hope that explains my post better, didn't mean to offend you.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #902 on: July 13, 2010, 08:12:32 PM »

Q: What does Kyron’s room look like now? Have you made any changes to it since he disappeared?

A: DESIREE – I haven’t made any changes to his room other than to vacuum it. I still have his laundry laid out and his bed not made because I can’t bring myself to make his bed. I like to see that it looks slept in.

I found this statement odd...how long had it been since Kyron had been to his mom's? I am not nitpicking but would the bed not be made if he had not been there for a week or two?

Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: July 13, 2010, 08:15:24 PM »

Do I think TH has a right to the house or money from the house... NO but that is just my opinion.  I am trying to examine things from all sides.

The house IS NOT marital property because it was purchased solely by Kaine prior to their marriage.  Therefore, technically Terri doesn't get any value from the property.

http://www.divorcesource.com/info/divorcelaws/oregon.shtml

Property Distribution: Since Oregon is an "equitable distribution" state, the marital property shall be divided in an equitable fashion. Equitable does not mean equal, but rather what is fair. The court will encourage the parties to reach a settlement on property and debt issues otherwise the court will declare the property award.

In dividing, awarding and distributing the real and personal property (or both) of the parties (or either of them) between the parties, or in making such property or any of it subject to a trust, and in fixing the amount and duration of the contribution one party is to make to the support of the other, the court shall not consider the fault, if any, of either of the parties in causing grounds for the annulment or dissolution of the marriage or for separation.

For the division or other disposition between the parties of the real or personal property, or both, of either or both of the parties as may be just and proper in all the circumstances. A retirement plan or pension or an interest therein shall be considered as property. The court shall consider the contribution of a spouse as a homemaker as a contribution to the acquisition of marital assets. There is a rebuttable presumption that both spouses have contributed equally to the acquisition of property during the marriage, whether such property is jointly or separately held. (Oregon Statutes - Volume 2 - Sections: 107.036, 107.105)

I'm no expert on this stuff but what that says to me is that the courts will fairly divide the marital assets equally whether the property is jointly or seperately held. If it were agreed upon that Terri was to be a stay at home Wife and Mother then her contribution is sealed. On the other hand if there were argument that Terri had agreed to contribute financially but hadn't then it is rebuttable.
KH had already stated publically that he was not aware of marital difficulties.

So which is it? Is she entitled to a portion of the marital assests or not?
Not only would I make a terrible defense attorney I would definately not be interested in family law neither. GAH!

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #904 on: July 13, 2010, 08:16:26 PM »

credit to True Crimes.  This is not the video I was trying to find. But it has some information. This is the first vigil, did he help with this one too? Anyone know?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/candlelight_vigil_planned_for.html
 We are planning an evening of hope, prayer, and encouragement for Kyron's family, friends, classmates, community members and anyone who is touched by the story of Kyron's disappearance," said vigil organizer Rachel Hansen. "We will also be encouraging people to continue their efforts to put Kyron's name and face anywhere and everywhere they go.”

rest of the story at the link
Patricia Mocha Latte
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: July 13, 2010, 08:20:03 PM »

Wow! I was reading along and stumbled upon this comment:

"she's had 5 kids so ummm you know"

Well I have had five kids and I don't know so could you please explain this part?

PS genetics have been kind to me,so um,  maybe I assume they have been kind to everyone else too?
I dunno.

Akkk...Patty Mocha - Didn't mean anything bad by it. My husband & I have 5, also...his, hers & ours. I had 2 boys before I met him, he had a boy & girl, & we have a boy together. Well, in keeping in context with my original post, this tramp was used big time...and seems she was proud of it. When I said "she's had 5 kids so ummm you know", I was referring to it not looking too "pretty". This is a chick that doesn't exercise...actually, lemme paraphrase - she only exercises certain parts of her body apparently. Sorry to be yucky, but you asked, & this is what all the men talked about once they saw the nasty pics. She used toys for crying out loud. She was already stretched out & the pics she took were very close up. That's about as graphic as I'm gonna get. I'm sure you can be beautiful having 5 children, 10 children, hell 20 - but the way she portrayed herself in these pics made her look ugly - not even remotely pretty...kwim? I wonder how many people Cook & LS dude shared those pics/videos with.

Hope that explains my post better, didn't mean to offend you.

No offense taken. I was just noticing that comment and was wondering what you meant exactly. I am fairly nosey though but yeah, I agree, some people let themselves go after having Children which is sad. As for your explanations and what not um "cack" LMAO!
Good grief! I read there is surgeries for that too! LOL! Anyway LOL!

“Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.”
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: July 13, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »

O/T: Klaas, server going down again tonight? Do you know what time is scheduled?

I'm not sure.  I know about 30 minutes ago they worked on something.  When it does go down for the OS upgrade we will be down over 4 hours.

Thanks!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: July 13, 2010, 08:23:26 PM »

credit to True Crimes.  This is not the video I was trying to find. But it has some information. This is the first vigil, did he help with this one too? Anyone know?

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/candlelight_vigil_planned_for.html
 We are planning an evening of hope, prayer, and encouragement for Kyron's family, friends, classmates, community members and anyone who is touched by the story of Kyron's disappearance," said vigil organizer Rachel Hansen. "We will also be encouraging people to continue their efforts to put Kyron's name and face anywhere and everywhere they go.”

It was the first vigil he helped organize, I believe it was on June 15 or 16?  As far as I know he didn't help with the 2nd vigil.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #908 on: July 13, 2010, 08:26:12 PM »

It was the first vigil he helped organize, I believe it was on June 15 or 16?  As far as I know he didn't help with the 2nd vigil.

Yup. June 15.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_vigil_draws_about.html

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #909 on: July 13, 2010, 08:32:39 PM »

Found this. http://srnpdx.org/kyron-horman

LINKS

FBI     Multonomah County Sheriff      America's Most Wanted

PRAYER VIGIL

A letter from Rachel Hansen:

Today is the day that we are moving forward on a prayer/candlelight vigil for the community for Kyron Horman.  We are going to set the date for Tuesday, June 15th and start moving forward with the planning.

Each of you are on this email list, because you are a vital part in planning and already have an interest in Kyron's life and disappearance.  We are seeking a vigil for the purpose of praying Kyron safely home, praying for his family and friends, and to give the community a venue in which to show their care, and support. It may also serve a secondary purpose of media attention, and the ONLY purpose of this is to further Kyron's name and face and recognition of this case.  It only takes ONE good tip to bring Kyron home. In this we place HOPE.

I have been in contact with Skyline Moms in Touch, moms.  They have prayer sheets and scripture as reference that we would like to use in guided prayer for small groups who arrive.

I know that we would like to have the event after work/school. We need to set a time.

We have talked about having Sunset open (as in the National Prayer day) maybe just in the sanctuary, for people who might like to pray during the day.

We have Becky Owens who has offered to write a press release with PROPER contact names, so that media attention stays focused only on the task at hand, furthering Kyron's story and picture for the purpose of recognition locally and across the country.

We have chosen Sunset Presbyterian for it's size, proximity to the Location of Kyron's family, school and disappearance, and because we have an indoor venue option because of Weather.

These events are NEVER planned, we all need to work together for this to happen.  Michelle Shipley has done some research on Vigils and later this afternoon I can forward relevant material on.

If you have input, thoughts, or people who can help, please email me.
My home phone number is 503 XXX-XXXX
It is my great HOPE and PRAYER than Kyron is found before Tuesday. But if he comes home at a later date, let us prepare to pray him back collectively on Tuesday, June 15th.

This effort is also in conjuction with Mike Cook and Becky Owens, two other Portland transplanted Shorecrest High School Graduates and Friends of Kaine'sPraying with you,
Rachel Hansen
(Member of Sunset Pres, Fellow Seattle High School Grad and Friend of Kyron's dad, and mother of three elementary school kids).

Do we know who Becky Owens is?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 09:15:19 AM by klaasend » Logged
Lenie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #910 on: July 13, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »

I wondered if Oregon recognized common law marriage, but they don't.

From Google:
Many other states have recognized common law marriages, but stopped recognizing them a long time ago. North Dakota stopped recognizing it in 1890, for example; Michigan in 1957. Some states have never recognized common law marriages. These include Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Louisiana, Maryland, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming.

All things will change in a blinking of the eye.
www.inhislightforgiven.org
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #911 on: July 13, 2010, 08:38:09 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/24248542/detail.html   Don't know if this has been posted about searching.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: July 13, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »

http://www.kptv.com/news/24248542/detail.html   Don't know if this has been posted about searching.

Thank you NRCG.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #913 on: July 13, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »

Thanks, no rose!

I'll post it!

Searchers Return To Area Near Skyline School
Crews Seen Focusing On People With Pickup Trucks, Neighbors Say

POSTED: 4:17 pm PDT July 13, 2010
UPDATED: 4:57 pm PDT July 13, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Searchers returned to the area where a second-grade boy vanished from his northwest Portland school, neighbors said.

The massive effort to find Kyron Horman was called off last month, but since then, Multnomah County crews have been spotted near the Horman family's home and around Sauvie Island.

More recently, people living near Skyline Elementary School said detectives have scoured previously-searched properties over the past 10 days. They said the investigators appeared to focus on people who own pickup trucks.

One man, who wished to be identified only as Roger, said investigators came to his home within the past week on a tip.

"A big SUV showed up with a couple of people in it; they wanted to know if I was this certain family," he said. "They had a tip why they wanted to talk to this family. That's all they told me."

Roger said he was surprised to see searchers again because he was told they wouldn't be back.

Other people living in the area said their homes and properties have been searched as many as three times.

Hundreds of people joined in the search effort immediately following Kyron's June 4 disappearance. Deputies haven't named any suspects or persons of interest in the ongoing criminal investigation.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #914 on: July 13, 2010, 08:43:53 PM »

Does SM need money for a great escape?  Where Canada or Mexico? She is free to go, just does have any dough.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
txlisa
Monkey Junky

Annie-belle!

« Reply #915 on: July 13, 2010, 08:46:51 PM »

Video of the attorneys for Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman speak about the latest developments - http://bit.ly/aklHVH

BUMP.

Kaine's attorney mentions Terri possibly asking for money in the video above.

Before I even post this... just want you to know I really don't think TH is innocent.  I do believe she has done SOMETHING.  However, if you think about this like she is innocent then:

When her daughter and husband is gone and she realizes Kaine is taking her daughter away, the normal thing would be for her to go where she thinks the daughter might be to get her back.  It is not abduction perse... it is a mother wanting her daughter.  Nobody has been given legal custody of the daughter at that point nor has a restraining order been served.

Second thing is, if your husband files for divorce, takes your daughter and starts making accusations, then wants the house it would be normal for you to want your half, particularly if he was the one who left the home.  

Just trying to look at this in a light from both ways..... don't shoot me!  

Not shooting you but technically, she has no right to the house.  The house was purchased before they got married and is in Kaine's name only.  

My brother's ex-wife wanted 50% from the sale of the house they shared.  He bought the house several years before they married.  She did not get anything.  I assume the law would be the same in Oregon as it is in Texas.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: July 13, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »

Most likely has nothing to do with this case but it is in the area:

http://www.kptv.com/news/24249339/detail.html

Police Activity Closes Boones Ferry Road

POSTED: 5:37 pm PDT July 13, 2010
UPDATED: 5:45 pm PDT July 13, 2010

LAKE OSWEGO, Ore. -- Police officers are blocking several blocks around Boones Ferry Road in Lake Oswego.

Police dispatchers said there was a report of a bomb threat in the 15900 block of the road at about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday

One person was seen handcuffed on the ground.

Police have not confirmed the bomb threat or said if anyone was arrested
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #917 on: July 13, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98369319.html

Terri now wants money from Kaine

By Thom Jensen KATU News and KATU.com Staff

PORTLAND, Ore. - In the ongoing saga surrounding the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman, the boy's stepmother is now wanting money from her estranged husband, Kaine Horman, to move out of the family home.

Kaine was asked to cough up the cash Tuesday afternoon as attorneys for both parties appeared before a judge.

Kaine's attorney, Laura Rackner, said her client is not willing to hand over money to Terri.

"He would like some cooperation from her first," she said. "He would like to know where his son is."

Terri's attorney, Stephen Houze, did not give any information to the media on Tuesday, saying it would be unethical to comment on any aspects of his client's case.

The two sides will be back in court next week for a hearing on the eviction and custody case filed by Kaine.

Kyron disappeared June 4 after attending a science fair and investigators say Terri was the last known person to have seen him. The search for the Skyline School second-grader is now a criminal investigation but no suspects have been named and no arrests have been made.

Terri has come under severe scrutiny in recent weeks both in the public eye and from Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Young, who has gone on camera pleading with Terri to "do the right thing" and has publicly said that she believes Terri is lying. Kaine said during a recent news conference that Terri had failed two polygraphs.

Investigators have been tight-lipped about the case. Family members say they are confident that law enforcement is doing everything they can to help bring Kyron home.

This story is in progress and will be updated...

So is she not going to move out?  Wanna bet no money no move out?

No takers here. On the other hand, he may cough up the cash for her to move, if it's important for him to have Kiara back in familiar surroundings. He'll probably have to pay what he was paying for himself after he moved out. At least he might have to pay until the divorce/court case gets settled.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #918 on: July 13, 2010, 08:52:13 PM »

"A big SUV showed up with a couple of people in it; they wanted to know if I was this certain family," he said. "They had a tip why they wanted to talk to this family. That's all they told me."      Well this has me curious.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #919 on: July 13, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »

Terri Moulton Horman expected to attend July contempt of court hearing
Published: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 2:11 PM
Updated: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 5:36 PM

Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Keith Meisenheimer set two future court hearing dates for Kaine Horman's motion to hold his wife in contempt of court.

A pre-hearing date is set for July 22 at 1:30 p.m., followed by a Sept. 21 hearing.

Terri Moulton Horman is expected to attend the July hearing, said her attorney, Stephen Houze, as he emerged from the judge's chambers this afternoon.

He declined further comment.

Houze and Kaine Horman's lawyer, Laura Rackner, met briefly with the judge this afternoon to set the hearing dates.

Kaine Horman's lawyer has asked the court to impose "remedial" sanctions against Terri Horman.

Rackner argued in a motion filed Monday that Terri Horman shared the contents of a sealed restraining order - most notably her husband's new address - with a man whom Terri Horman had developed an intimate and sexual relationship with since her stepson Kyron's disappearance on June 4. The man, Michael Cook, was a high school friend of Kaine Horman.

Terri Horman has alerted the court she would not contest the restraining order, which prevents her from having any parenting time with her daughter Kiara, 20 months old.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_moulton_horman_expected.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.