June 15, 2024, 05:10:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #99 1/26/09 - 1/28/09  (Read 256316 times)
nomorenekkiddogs
Scared Monkey

Why wear fur when you can run around "Nekkid"

« Reply #1200 on: January 27, 2009, 09:54:38 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-baez-motion-prosecutor-012709,0,6347465.story

Casey Anthony's defense wants prosecutors removed
Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
8:05 PM EST, January 27, 2009
Casey Anthony's defense team filed a motion late today asking a judge to remove the prosecutors from her case.

New York attorney Linda Kenney Baden signed the motion, which alleges improprieties and media leaks and asks for a "recusal of the Orange County Prosecutor's Office."

To read the motion, click here.

Also, defense attorney Jose Baez filed an objection to a judge's earlier order stating Anthony needed to attend future court proceedings.

Video
Related links
READ FOR YOURSELF: Motion to Recuse
Promotions company suspends launch of Caylee Anthony doll
Artist sells Casey Anthony voodoo dolls
WATCH IT: Casey Anthony videos Video
 PHOTOS: The Caylee Anthony saga Photos
 PHOTOS: Caylee Anthony Photos
 PHOTOS: It's Caylee Anthony. Crime-scene photos from where child's remains were found Photos
PHOTOS: Casey Anthony evidence photos released Photos
PHOTOS: Volunteers search for Caylee Marie Anthony Photos
READ IT: George Anthony incident history details
READ IT: George Anthony incident report
READ IT NOW: Discovery documents released 1/21
The Caylee Anthony case: From the beginning
TV Guy Hal Boedeker's commentary on the Casey Anthony case coverage Baez stated that requiring Anthony's presence at pre-trial hearings "only fuels the circus-like atmosphere which paints the Defendant in a negative light."

He stated that following court appearances, "the media have focused on the appearance of the Defendant and have generated unsubstantiated rumors regarding the Defendant's physical condition further lessening the integrity of the process."

In another motion filed by Baez, the attorney is asking for a bevy of detailed information, ranging from investigators' notes, photos and "memorialization of telephone conversations" to documents involving the Orange County Medical Examiner.

Sounds like to me someone is worried about how "BIG" Case face is gettin 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1201 on: January 27, 2009, 09:55:42 PM »

Just a heads up, Greta is having Mark Furman on - apparently he went back down to Orlando - coming on live in 8 minutes

Thanks for the heads up

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Scatty
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1202 on: January 27, 2009, 09:56:00 PM »

Totally O/T (but my very first). BabsKat your dog is just BEYOND ADORABLE!!!!!!
Brachiate
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1203 on: January 27, 2009, 09:56:37 PM »

I wasted some more time trying to link "Todd Black" to the PMK/HBH public relations firm and couldn't do it 

(still beats doing laundry)

But I did find this article in an Ontario newspaper ....
Text in bold type marked by me. 

http://www.thesudburystar.com/PrintArticle.aspx?e=1388966

Helping defend woman accused of murdering infant daughter

Updated 12 days ago

Sudbury's Dr. Scott Fairgrieve has been hired as an expert for the defence team for a Florida woman charged with the first-degree murder of her two-year-old daughter.

Fairgrieve, chair of the Department of Forensic Science at Laurentian University, is one of more than a dozen scientific and medical experts and lawyers hired by lead defence attorney Jose Baez, of Florida, to defend Casey Marie Anthony.

Anthony, 22, was charged with the murder of Caylee Marie Anthony after the youngster's skeletal remains were found near the Anthony home in Orlando, months after the child went missing.

Anthony told police she dropped off her daughter at a babysitter

June 9, and when she went back, Caylee and the babysitter were gone.

Anthony did not report her daughter missing until five weeks later, when her parents questioned her about the girl's whereabouts.

Fairgrieve is a forensic anthropologist with expertise in the search, recovery and analysis of human skeletal remains. He is consulting forensic anthropologist with the Northeastern Regional Forensic Pathology Unit in Sudbury.

He will be an essential part of the team of forensic scientists and medical experts assembled to review and examine the forensic evidence pertaining to the human remains identified as Caylee's.

Casey Anthony is in custody awaiting trial.

Fairgrieve is no stranger to criminal proceedings, but it is the first time he has been involved in such a high-profile murder case.

The murder of the adorable Florida youngster has been fodder for the U. S. media since she disappeared, with speculation rampant that her mother was involved.

Media requests for interviews with Fairgrieve are being handled by a U. S.- based firm called Press Corps Media, which is acting as spokesman for The Baez Law Firm, which is representing Casey Anthony.

In a telephone interview Wednesday, Press Corps Media representative Todd Black described his company as a "media management" firm, and told The Sudbury Star he has received "a dozen and a half" requests for interviews with Fairgrieve and is considering them in the order in which they are received.

"(The Baez Law Firm) will not be discussing the process of how they selected any one individual to do any one thing," said Black.

"I can tell you that they researched and the law firm reached out to several people that do what Scott does and, after evaluating Scott, he was the one that was selected."

Black said it is not unusual for the defence team in a case of this magnitude to have as many as 25 experts.

Some have already done their work and are not part of the active team. Black did not say if Fairgrieve falls into that category.

Black called the Anthony case "a vicious case," hinting that experts involved in the woman's defence face censure -- and worse -- from critics.

"We fight every time we take on a new case. We fight mercilessly with people trying to disparage the defence, put a cloud over the defence ...

"When you're dealing with a high profile case of a murdered child, everybody slings mud, and we have to all be prepared to duck."

Black said his company has staff in Orlando whose lives have been threatened "just because we're providing a media service."

Press Corps Media is a division of another company, which Black did not wish to identify.

It has 11 divisions, 42 offices in the United States, three in Canada and 17 overseas.

Media management is not anything like public relations, Black explained.

"Public relations is kind of, 'Hey, how are ya?' That is not what happens in a defence case," he said.

His firm provides media management for celebrities who get in trouble or high-profile clients who want to avoid publicity.

When actor John Travolta's son recently died, "an entertainment division in the media management world that we work with, their job was to make sure there was no media. And that's what media management means.

"It gets very nasty sometimes. People will say things on the air, sometimes they'll write things and it's our job to put out a media release to correct them, even if we have to be so harsh and abrasive (as) to call them liars.

Black said his division's specific job is to work with defence attorneys.

"For some reason, don't take this the wrong way, media thinks that they can have access to these lawyers and experts 24 hours a day," he said.

"They don't even think about the fact that the lawyers are defending the life of somebody and it takes a lot of work," he said.

The trial is a "long way from beginning," he added.
___________________________________________________________________________________

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #1204 on: January 27, 2009, 09:58:24 PM »

Thanks Monkeys I am fine. I am putting ice on my arm and not worried about my big butt. It is fine. I am so ready for winter to be over. We don't usually have ice here.

I wish KC Anthony were here I would push her down four flights of icy stairs and blame it on my dog! 

Can Lee sue me for talking bad about his sister? Just askin!!

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1205 on: January 27, 2009, 09:58:53 PM »

Totally O/T (but my very first). BabsKat your dog is just BEYOND ADORABLE!!!!!!
Thankyou, his first storm, just went outside, and slid about 10 feet. Sorry for the O/T
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: January 27, 2009, 10:00:54 PM »

I'm up in Decatur,Tx.   Hold on to your hat JSM, its only getting worse!
You are west it is much worse there!. You stay safe.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1207 on: January 27, 2009, 10:01:02 PM »

Thanks Monkeys I am fine. I am putting ice on my arm and not worried about my big butt. It is fine. I am so ready for winter to be over. We don't usually have ice here.

I wish KC Anthony were here I would push her down four flights of icy stairs and blame it on my dog! 

JSM - I am so glad you are okay!

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1208 on: January 27, 2009, 10:01:25 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-baez-motion-prosecutor-012709,0,6347465.story

Casey Anthony's defense wants prosecutors removed
Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
8:05 PM EST, January 27, 2009
Casey Anthony's defense team filed a motion late today asking a judge to remove the prosecutors from her case.

New York attorney Linda Kenney Baden signed the motion, which alleges improprieties and media leaks and asks for a "recusal of the Orange County Prosecutor's Office."

To read the motion, click here.

Also, defense attorney Jose Baez filed an objection to a judge's earlier order stating Anthony needed to attend future court proceedings.

Video
Related links
READ FOR YOURSELF: Motion to Recuse
Promotions company suspends launch of Caylee Anthony doll
Artist sells Casey Anthony voodoo dolls
WATCH IT: Casey Anthony videos Video
 PHOTOS: The Caylee Anthony saga Photos
 PHOTOS: Caylee Anthony Photos
 PHOTOS: It's Caylee Anthony. Crime-scene photos from where child's remains were found Photos
PHOTOS: Casey Anthony evidence photos released Photos
PHOTOS: Volunteers search for Caylee Marie Anthony Photos
READ IT: George Anthony incident history details
READ IT: George Anthony incident report
READ IT NOW: Discovery documents released 1/21
The Caylee Anthony case: From the beginning
TV Guy Hal Boedeker's commentary on the Casey Anthony case coverage Baez stated that requiring Anthony's presence at pre-trial hearings "only fuels the circus-like atmosphere which paints the Defendant in a negative light."

He stated that following court appearances, "the media have focused on the appearance of the Defendant and have generated unsubstantiated rumors regarding the Defendant's physical condition further lessening the integrity of the process."

In another motion filed by Baez, the attorney is asking for a bevy of detailed information, ranging from investigators' notes, photos and "memorialization of telephone conversations" to documents involving the Orange County Medical Examiner.

Sounds like to me someone is worried about how "BIG" Case face is gettin 

Does this nut think he can control what people say or prevent us from commenting on Casey's appearance?  Hey, Baez...We saw what your client really looks like when she had a hissy fit and clinched her fists and shook them at her parents.  After that, I think she is the ugliest person on the planet. And guess what, you can't stop me from saying it.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1209 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:07 PM »

'night 'night peeps in the trees--see you soon.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
pixiecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1210 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:40 PM »

I think that if Lee tried to sue everyone who ever spoke an unkind word about his sister, he would be in court until the end of time. 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1211 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »

Good night monkeys. I am off to the bunky.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1212 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:49 PM »

JSM is going to bed now. Behave monkeys especially you LEROY!! Pray for my arm that hit the stairs. My butt had enough padding that it didn't really hurt. Just my wrist and hand!  Sorry off topic. Hugs and nighty night moneys! See ya in the AM! 

JSM  You should put some ice on your wrist and hand, and elevate it.  I'm so sorry you fell and got hurt. 
Thank you Muffy. I will elevate it and I promise I didn't say a bad word when I fell. You would've been very proud!

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1213 on: January 27, 2009, 10:02:59 PM »

Brachiate - thank you for posting that.  Interesting that he wont say much about himself and his company.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1214 on: January 27, 2009, 10:03:06 PM »

Just a heads up, Greta is having Mark Furman on - apparently he went back down to Orlando - coming on live in 8 minutes

Thanks !
peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1215 on: January 27, 2009, 10:03:53 PM »

I wasted some more time trying to link "Todd Black" to the PMK/HBH public relations firm and couldn't do it 

(still beats doing laundry)

But I did find this article in an Ontario newspaper ....
Text in bold type marked by me. 

http://www.thesudburystar.com/PrintArticle.aspx?e=1388966

Helping defend woman accused of murdering infant daughter

Updated 12 days ago

Sudbury's Dr. Scott Fairgrieve has been hired as an expert for the defence team for a Florida woman charged with the first-degree murder of her two-year-old daughter.

Fairgrieve, chair of the Department of Forensic Science at Laurentian University, is one of more than a dozen scientific and medical experts and lawyers hired by lead defence attorney Jose Baez, of Florida, to defend Casey Marie Anthony.

Anthony, 22, was charged with the murder of Caylee Marie Anthony after the youngster's skeletal remains were found near the Anthony home in Orlando, months after the child went missing.

Anthony told police she dropped off her daughter at a babysitter

June 9, and when she went back, Caylee and the babysitter were gone.

Anthony did not report her daughter missing until five weeks later, when her parents questioned her about the girl's whereabouts.

Fairgrieve is a forensic anthropologist with expertise in the search, recovery and analysis of human skeletal remains. He is consulting forensic anthropologist with the Northeastern Regional Forensic Pathology Unit in Sudbury.

He will be an essential part of the team of forensic scientists and medical experts assembled to review and examine the forensic evidence pertaining to the human remains identified as Caylee's.

Casey Anthony is in custody awaiting trial.

Fairgrieve is no stranger to criminal proceedings, but it is the first time he has been involved in such a high-profile murder case.

The murder of the adorable Florida youngster has been fodder for the U. S. media since she disappeared, with speculation rampant that her mother was involved.

Media requests for interviews with Fairgrieve are being handled by a U. S.- based firm called Press Corps Media, which is acting as spokesman for The Baez Law Firm, which is representing Casey Anthony.

In a telephone interview Wednesday, Press Corps Media representative Todd Black described his company as a "media management" firm, and told The Sudbury Star he has received "a dozen and a half" requests for interviews with Fairgrieve and is considering them in the order in which they are received.

"(The Baez Law Firm) will not be discussing the process of how they selected any one individual to do any one thing," said Black.

"I can tell you that they researched and the law firm reached out to several people that do what Scott does and, after evaluating Scott, he was the one that was selected."

Black said it is not unusual for the defence team in a case of this magnitude to have as many as 25 experts.

Some have already done their work and are not part of the active team. Black did not say if Fairgrieve falls into that category.

Black called the Anthony case "a vicious case," hinting that experts involved in the woman's defence face censure -- and worse -- from critics.

"We fight every time we take on a new case. We fight mercilessly with people trying to disparage the defence, put a cloud over the defence ...

"When you're dealing with a high profile case of a murdered child, everybody slings mud, and we have to all be prepared to duck."

Black said his company has staff in Orlando whose lives have been threatened "just because we're providing a media service."

Press Corps Media is a division of another company, which Black did not wish to identify.

It has 11 divisions, 42 offices in the United States, three in Canada and 17 overseas.

Media management is not anything like public relations, Black explained.

"Public relations is kind of, 'Hey, how are ya?' That is not what happens in a defence case," he said.

His firm provides media management for celebrities who get in trouble or high-profile clients who want to avoid publicity.

When actor John Travolta's son recently died, "an entertainment division in the media management world that we work with, their job was to make sure there was no media. And that's what media management means.

"It gets very nasty sometimes. People will say things on the air, sometimes they'll write things and it's our job to put out a media release to correct them, even if we have to be so harsh and abrasive (as) to call them liars.

Black said his division's specific job is to work with defence attorneys.

"For some reason, don't take this the wrong way, media thinks that they can have access to these lawyers and experts 24 hours a day," he said.

"They don't even think about the fact that the lawyers are defending the life of somebody and it takes a lot of work," he said.

The trial is a "long way from beginning," he added.
___________________________________________________________________________________

dude, if you insist upon flapping your worthless jaws at least spelldefense right!!

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1216 on: January 27, 2009, 10:04:24 PM »

JSM - I am so glad you are okay!
Thanks Leroy. I am not used to cold weather and ice. I HATE IT as much as I HATE KC

peanut
Monkey Junky

I can spell, I just can't type.

« Reply #1217 on: January 27, 2009, 10:07:09 PM »

oh whew, jsm. give it some rest and stay warm and comfy. winter s*cks!

Justice is truth in action - Benjamin Disraeli
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #1218 on: January 27, 2009, 10:07:28 PM »

Wow JSM, I hope you feel better in the morning! I hate ice too, I'm always worried about falling and breaking something! Climb under those blankets and we will see you tomorrow. Remember to smile tonight with your secret knowledge!!

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
pixiecat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1219 on: January 27, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »

It's my bed-time. Good night, Monkeys!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.