June 03, 2024, 09:40:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Susan Powell, 28 yo, missing 12/6/09 West Valley City, UT 12/10/09 - 8/17/10#1  (Read 356811 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2009, 12:34:15 PM »

Police: Missing mom’s husband acts ‘abnormal’
His wife disappeared Dec. 6; he has been named person of interest in case

Police have said the behavior of a Utah man who has refused to cooperate in the search for his missing wife is not normal and have named the man a person of interest in the mysterious disappearance of 28-year-old Susan Powell.

“[I would] describe him as abnormal under the circumstances,” West Valley City, Utah, Assistant Police Chief Craig Black said of Susan’s husband, Josh Powell, Thursday during an interview with TODAY’s Matt Lauer. “This is not normally what we see happen.”

Usually the families of missing persons are eager to help police, Black has told reporters. But after talking to police on Dec. 7, the day relatives reported Susan missing, Powell has hired a defense attorney and declined to talk to authorities further.

‘Uncomfortable’ questions
“We feel that Josh, probably more than anyone else, could provide us information and insight into what has happened to Susan, whether it be foul play or not at this point,” Black told Lauer. “We would truly like to visit with him, interview him and, frankly, ask him some questions about things he may even be uncomfortable talking to us about that would help lead us to find her.”

So far, Black said, Powell has given only information that would help police identify Susan if they do find her. He also did not give specific information as to his own whereabouts when his wife disappeared.

Powell said that he decided to take his two sons — Charlie, age 4, and Raden, age 2 — camping on the night of Sunday, Dec. 6. They left sometime near midnight and he said they camped in the west desert on the old Pony Express trail, sleeping in their minivan in subfreezing temperatures.

Even Susan’s family members acknowledge that such a trip at such an hour was not out of the ordinary for Josh. Josh told police that Susan didn’t feel well and stayed home.

When the boys didn’t show up at day care the next day and Susan didn’t show up for work, police were notified. They broke into the house, where they found Susan’s cell phone and purse and two fans trained on a wet spot on the living room carpet.

When Josh Powell returned later that afternoon with the boys, he said he did not know what happened to Susan. Because of an overnight snowstorm and Powell’s vague description of where he was, police said they have not even been able to locate the campsite.
“Where he described he went camping is just a vast area. It covers desert terrain and mountain terrain,” Black said.

Clues in a notepad?
Utah newspapers have reported that police in West Valley City, a Salt Lake City suburb, have taken a notebook from Susan’s desk at work as evidence. The papers have reported that the notebook may contain clues about marital problems the couple is said to have been experiencing. But Black declined to talk about any evidence that his department may have collected, instead continuing his public request that Josh Powell submit to questioning.

Meanwhile, Susan’s family continues to refrain from publicly suspecting Josh of being involved in Susan’s disappearance.

Susan’s brother, Kirk Graves, also talked with Lauer Thursday. Speaking from his home in Las Vegas, Graves said the family hopes that Josh will speak to police to help their investigation. At the same time, though, Graves said, “We understand his desire to get an attorney.”

Lauer said it’s hard to imagine a husband who would not want to give police every bit of information he could to find a wife at a moment when time is of the essence.

“I would agree with that,” Graves said without elaboration.

Graves said he has seen Josh and spoken to him, but has not had a chance to ask him specific questions. “He’s quiet. We haven’t had a chance to have any conversations on specific questions, such as where is Susan?” he told Lauer. “He’s just very stressed, he’s concerned, but nothing more than that.”

‘I just pray no’
Local newspapers have reported that Josh had become more controlling after he and his wife moved to Utah from Washington state. The couple had filed for bankruptcy in 2007, and money may have been a problem.

Graves said that his wife, Jennifer, and Susan were close and talked about the state of the marriage.

“Josh is an interesting person,” Graves said. “He’s a little different personality. I think ‘controlling’ is a safe word to use, but I also don’t think it should be overused.”

Lauer ended the interview by asking Graves, “In your heart of hearts, do you think Josh had anything to do with Susan’s disappearance?”

“Wow,” Graves said before continuing. “I’ve very carefully avoided analyzing that question. On my part, there’s too many emotions, too many family members. I just pray no.”

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34460904/ns/today-today_people/

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: December 17, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »

http://www.fox13now.com/

I was watching the local news at this link above and they said the family presser will be in about 2 hours from now.  I'm hoping it will be live at this link but not sure.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #202 on: December 17, 2009, 02:13:13 PM »

I was watching the local news at this link above and they said the family presser will be in about 2 hours from now.  I'm hoping it will be live at this link but not sure.
Thanks. 
So far, Black said, Powell has given only information that would help police identify Susan if they do find her.    Now that sent chills down me, maybe it was phrased wrong, or I took it wrong, but OMG.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: December 17, 2009, 02:15:51 PM »

Thanks. 
So far, Black said, Powell has given only information that would help police identify Susan if they do find her.    Now that sent chills down me, maybe it was phrased wrong, or I took it wrong, but OMG.

I don't think it was phrased wrong. 
MunkeyMunk
Scared Monkey

MONAVIE- Drink it. Feel it. Share it.

« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2009, 02:16:35 PM »

Thanks. 

I felt the same way...
I don't think it was phrased wrong. 
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2009, 02:16:53 PM »

Thanks. 

My first thought was info like what she was wearing when he last saw her but you are right, the wording of that is disturbing   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2009, 02:17:15 PM »

Susan Powell's brother says Josh Powell could be arrested soon

WEST VALLEY CITY — Susan Powell's brother, who originally seemed to be sticking up for her husband, now says he believes Josh Powell could be arrested within a week.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he gets arrested in the next seven days," Kirk Graves told ABC News. "Even if he's innocent, there's more than he's telling us."

That statement comes on the heels of a different message Dec. 12 when Graves stood next to Josh Powell during a press conference. Josh Powell did not speak to reporters that day. Instead, Graves read a statement asking the public to keep the focus on finding Susan Powell and less on his brother-in-law.

"There's a lot of speculation," Graves said at the time. "Unfortunately, that doesn't do Susan any good. It's destructive and damaging to what's going on."

Susan Powell's family, meanwhile, has scheduled a press conference Thursday afternoon in their hometown of Puyallup, Wash. Seven members of Susan Powell's family are expected to meet with the media. The reason for the press conference is unclear, but family members are expected to field questions after a brief statement is read.

MORE...

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352238/Susan-Powells-family-to-speak-out.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #207 on: December 17, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »

That was a disturbing sentence 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: December 17, 2009, 02:23:29 PM »

Family Member Says Arrest May be Possible for Husband of Susan Powell

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah - A family member of a 28-year-old missing Utah mother, Susan Powell, said he would not be surprised if her husband, Josh, is named as a suspect in the case. "I wouldn't be surprised if he gets arrested in the next seven days," said Josh Powell's brother-in-law Kirk Graves in an interview with ABC News.

Authorities are now highly suspicious and are calling the case a criminal probe due to Josh Powell's "lack of cooperation." Police have named him a person of high interest, but are not calling him a suspect. Susan's family is expected to give a press conference from Seattle at about 2:00 p.m. MDT, where more details may come forward.

MORE...

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-family-member-arrest-josh-powell,0,1379045.story
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2009, 02:27:07 PM »

Does anybody know what time the press conference is?

Thanks

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: December 17, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »

Thanks

Janet

Hi Janet!  2pm MDT

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2009, 02:32:23 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose.

You answers my question prior to it being asked.  You are absolutely amazing.

Is 1:00 PM PT?

Janet
11:31 AM PT

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »

Thanks

Janet

Hi Janet!  2pm MDT

Thanks Leroy.

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: December 17, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose.

Janet

Yes, 1:00 PM  PT.  I am looking at the wa news sites to see if Komo or one of them will be streaming it.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: December 17, 2009, 02:37:14 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose.

Janet

Yes, 1:00 PM  PT.  I am looking at the wa news sites to see if Komo or one of them will be streaming it.

Sorry I got in your box.  While I was there I left you some Nanaimo bars and cleaned your chimney.   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: December 17, 2009, 02:56:19 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose.

Janet

Sorry I got in your box.  While I was there I left you some Nanaimo bars and cleaned your chimney.   

Thank you Northern Rose

Papa and I are TOC (Teachers on Call) today for home schooled grandsons (10/11).  Lunch break will be shortly and those yummy brownies will be much appreciated.

Thanks for cleaning that chimney.  A rip roaring fire is planned for this evening while a mini Scrabble tournament (4 couples) is happening.  Left over Northern Rose brownies and Tim Horton's coffee will conclude the evening.

Janet
11:55 AM PT

_____

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: December 17, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »

Help me Leroy  1:00 MT= ? EST

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2009, 03:28:22 PM »

Help me Leroy  1:00 MT= ? EST
nevermind

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2009, 03:29:38 PM »

Updated video from the noon news and article.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/thesearchforsusanpowell/kstu-family-member-arrest-josh-powell,0,3143871.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: December 17, 2009, 03:31:12 PM »

Press conference is 2:00 MDT, 1:00 PT   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.