May 28, 2024, 05:29:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaycee Dugard kidnapped 18 years ago So Lake Tahoe, CA FOUND ALIVE / 2 arrested  (Read 473850 times)
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2009, 03:48:26 PM »

The local ABC is claiming Jaycee has two children.

Justice for Nevaeh Facebook - http://www.fbook.me/justice4nevaeh
In Memory of Nevaeh Videos; http://bit.ly/nevaeh  http://bit.ly/nevaeh2
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2009, 03:51:20 PM »

Officer Following His Gut Brings Jaycee Dugard Home

SACRAMENTO, CA -- News10 has learned new details about how investigators uncovered the fact that Jaycee Dougard was alive and well nearly 20 years after she was kidnapped.

El Dorado County Lt. Bryan Gomitz and Undersheriff Fred Kollar told News10 they received a call Wednesday from a detective in the Bay Area who said "I've got Jaycee Dugard sitting across the table from me."

According to investigators, Jaycee Duggard came into a police station in Contra Costa County with a couple on an unrelated matter.

The officer at the front desk was suspicious of the man and ran his name, which came back as a registered sex offender.

Sources told News10 Phillip Garrido, 58, was in the South Lake Tahoe area the day Jaycee disappeared.

More information about the investigation is expected to be released at a press conference on the investigation will take place at 3 p.m.

Meanwhile, ABC News has learned that Jaycee Dugard is the mother of two children.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=65918
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2009, 03:54:58 PM »

Headlines and front pages from the Tahoe Daily Tribune in 1991, the year Jaycee Lee Dugard went missing

http://tahoedailytribune.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=824025&CategoryID=46130
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »

'If it's Jaycee Lee, this is a miracle"

For Douglas County Sheriff Ron Pierini, the news Thursday that Jaycee Lee Dugard may be alive 18 years after she was abducted from a South Lake Tahoe bus stop was nothing short of a miracle.

“It's pretty awesome,” Pierini said. “Statistics-wise, it's very unusual that a person would still be alive this many years later. Usually, there is a 72-hour window after an abduction. In those first few minutes, it's so critical to find the victim.”

“Quite frankly, most of us thought the chances of her being alive were negligible at best,” Pierini said.

Dugard, now 29, reportedly walked into a Concord, Calif., police station on Wednesday, identified herself, and asked for help.

“This is really positive news. It made my day. I am really happy for the family and especially for the victim," Pierini said.

Bernie Curtis was Douglas County undersheriff when the 10-year-old Dugard disappeared June 10, 1991.

She was abducted while walking to the bus stop on Washoan Boulevard in South Lake Tahoe on her way to school.

“I remember when she disappeared,” said Curtis, now chief of Nevada's Department of Parole and Probation.

“Ron (Pierini) was my captain at the Lake. I remember the searches done on the California side. The FBI took over the case pretty quickly.”

The kidnapping drew national attention but was never solved.

Even though the disappearance was outside Douglas County's jurisdiction, the sheriff's office was involved in the search.

Curtis said family members and friends were investigated and every lead checked out.

“There was conjecture that she'd been sold into white slavery or sent to the Middle East. I can still see her picture in my mind. It was just one of those mysteries you couldn't figure out. There was no evidence of any kind,” he said.

“If this is true, and Jaycee Lee is alive, this is a miracle,” Curtis said.

The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office has scheduled a 3 p.m. news conference to update the case. Two people reportedly are in custody related to Dugard's disappearance.

http://www.tahoedailytribune.com/article/20090827/NEWS/908279989/1007/NONE&parentprofile=1056
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2009, 03:59:25 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:50:06 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »

BLOCKED WEBSITE
I get the NYSE  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:50:55 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »

Oh my, with the man who kidnapped her?
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2009, 04:03:11 PM »

(08-27) 12:34 PDT CONCORD --

A woman kidnapped as an 11-year-old girl nearly two decades ago from outside her South Lake Tahoe home surfaced Wednesday when she and the couple now accused of snatching her walked into a Concord police station, authorities said today.
Images
Jaycee Dugard.Phillip Craig Garrido.FBI investigators enter a home to search for clues in the... View More Images
Video
View Larger Size
More Bay Area News

* 18 years later, kidnapped woman turns up alive 08.27.09
    * BART trains delayed by power problems 08.27.09
    * Toddler clings to life after police-chase crash 08.27.09
    * Bleak financial picture at UC Berkeley 08.27.09

The reappearance of Jaycee Dugard stunned family members, who had all but lost hope that she was still alive 18 years after she was kidnapped on her way to catch a school bus as her stepfather watched helplessly.

Law-enforcement sources said Phillip Craig Garrido, 58, and his wife, Nancy Garrido, 55, who live in an unincorporated area near Antioch, were arrested in connection with the case. Phillip Garrido was being held in lieu of $1 million bail on suspicion of kidnapping, rape by force, lewd and lascivious acts with a minor, sexual penetration and conspiracy.

Nancy Garrido was being held on suspicion of conspiracy and kidnapping. Her bail was also $1 million. Both were initially booked into the Contra Costa County Jail in Martinez, but have since been moved to an undisclosed site.

Authorities were searching the Garridos' home today. Neighbors and other acquaintances described strange behavior by Phillip Garrido, who conducted religious revivals in a tent, and said several young girls lived with the couple in the house.

The Garridos were arrested after they walked into the police station with Dugard to ask a question, authorities said. They would not say what the question involved, but it apparently aroused the suspicions of a Concord police officer.

The officer ran a criminal history check of Phillip Garrido and found out he was a registered sex offender, authorities said. State records show that he has a conviction for rape by force, and federal records show him with a separate kidnapping conviction in 1980.

It is still unclear how police learned that the woman who was with the Garridos was Dugard, but her relatives are beside themselves with joy.

"I gave up hope for 18 years, just went into recovery mode," said her stepfather, Carl Probyn, a wallpaper contractor. "I thought it would be nice just to recover her and capture the people and find out why they did this.

"Now, I just won the lotto. It's just unbelievable. This is going to be a great day today."

Probyn, 60, who now lives in Orange (Orange County), said his wife, Terry, called him at about 4 p.m. Wednesday with the news.

"She basically said, 'Are you sitting down?' I said, 'Yes.' And she said, 'They found Jaycee - she's alive.' "

The two, who are separated, cried for about two minutes on the phone.

Terry Probyn was able to speak on the phone with her daughter. "She sounds normal. She told my wife she remembers everything," Carl Probyn said.

Terry Probyn, who also now lives in Southern California, was on her way to the Bay Area to reunite with her daughter.

Dugard was last seen June 10, 1991, as she was walking to a bus stop in South Lake Tahoe. The blond, blue-eyed 11-year-old, wearing a pink top and pink pants, was going to catch the bus to her school near South Lake Tahoe. She never made it.

As Carl Probyn watched from the family's driveway on a hill about two blocks away, a two-tone gray sedan pulled up and someone yanked the girl into the car and sped off. Even though officers responded within minutes, no trace of the car or girl was ever found - until Wednesday.

Neighbors of the Garridos on Walnut Avenue considered Phillip Garrido an oddball, saying he believed he could talk to God and kept girls in the house.

With its security bars on the windows and doors, the Garridos' gray, one-story home stands out from the others in the semi-rural neighborhood.

Haydee Perry, 35, who lives next door, said that when Phillip Garrido helped her jump-start her car a month ago, he had a pre-adolescent girl clinging to him in a manner that struck her as strange.

The girl told Perry that Garrido was her father and that she had older sisters, including one who was 28 - which is one year younger than Jaycee Dugard is believed to be now.

"She stayed close to him at all times," Perry said of the girl. "It wasn't normal behavior. She had a blank stare on her face. Now it seems like a cry out for help."

Perry said Garrido told her he homeschooled girls in his house and that they didn't cuss or watch TV.

"I just thought he was weird," Perry said. "You have children and they're never outside, and you have bars on your windows."

A Web site containing statements apparently from Garrido and others indicates that he gave a demonstration in Pittsburg last month to prove "the Creator has given me the ability to speak in the tongue of angels in order to provide a wake-up call that will in time include the salvation of the entire world."

Garrido also had a printing business, some acquaintances said. Tiffany Tran, who runs Furniture Gallery in Brentwood, said she had seen and done business with "Phil the printer" for six years, as recently as last week.

She recalled Garrido as being "a little different" and said he constantly talked about religion and showed her a device that he claimed could control sound.

"Some people have a story behind their smile, some don't - he did," Tran said. "He was happy-go-lucky, but you knew there was a story behind it."

She said he was very religious and talked about how God had been his salvation.

"He loved God. He said God was amazing," Tran said. "He talked about how much God had changed him, that he had been corrupted with womanizing and with this and that," Tran said.

She said he dressed as if he was not well off and often brought along a girl and a woman he said were his daughters.

The younger girl was about 14, the older one was in her 20s, she said. "They were very nice, very polite children," she said.

Police have declined to comment on the case, referring inquiries to the El Dorado County sheriff's office. A news conference is scheduled for this afternoon in Placerville.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/27/BA4N19EJ35.DTL

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »

I had the seach and now I have the same  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:51:32 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2009, 04:04:43 PM »

I can't see it either. When I read on the last page that a neighbor said there was a girl about 11 living there, my first thought was Lindsey. But maybe it is one of Jaycee's children.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:52:06 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
pink angel
Monkey Junky

99% angel, 1% brat

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2009, 04:05:05 PM »

Oh my, with the man who kidnapped her?

That is my guess, hon. Read the article I just posted.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2009, 04:06:54 PM »

CDCR Parole Agents Help Uncover 18-year-old Mystery Concerning Kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard

SACRAMENTO - The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation's (CDCR) Division of Adult Parole Operations helped to uncover a nearly 18-year-old mystery concerning the kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was 11 years old when she was last seen as she walked to her bus stop in South Lake Tahoe, California, on June 10, 1991.

On August 26, 2009, a CDCR parole agent brought in parolee Phillip Garrido for questioning.  The day before, suspicious activity had been reported when Garrido, a registered sex offender, was seen with two small children at U.C. Berkeley.

CDCR involved the Concord Police Department to assist in determining the identity of the two children and an adult female who accompanied Garrido to CDCR's parole office in Concord.  The diligent questioning and follow up by the parolee's agent of record led to Garrido revealing his kidnapping of the adult female. It was further revealed by Garrido that she was Jaycee Lee Dugard and that the children were his.

Garrido and his wife were arrested and transported to the Concord Jail.  The FBI with the full cooperation of CDCR and local law enforcement officials are conducting a full investigation surrounding Garrido and further information is pending those investigations. 

On June 8, 1999, Garrido was paroled from a Nevada state prison. Garrido, 58, served time in federal custody and in Nevada for sexual assault. Garrido's prior arrest history consists of possession of marijuana.  While on parole supervision in California, Garrido was subject to: anti narcotic testing, to refrain from alcohol, and global positioning system (GPS) monitoring.

Officials with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation's Division of Adult Parole Operations will be holding a briefing to answer questions on the matter today.

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/News/2009_Press_Releases/Aug_27.html
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2009, 04:09:14 PM »

I can't see it either. When I read on the last page that a neighbor said there was a girl about 11 living there, my first thought was Lindsey. But maybe it is one of Jaycee's children.
I know, makes you wonder how many more of these freaks are out there, holding young women hostages for their own twisted pleasure.  
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:52:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »

Follow Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping news conference live

INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — North Lake Tahoe Bonanza News Service Reporter F.T. Norton will be attending the 3 p.m. Thursday press conference regarding the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping case.

Norton will using CoverItLive to report the news at it happens from Thursday's press conference; be sure to visit www.tahoebonanza.com to follow the news conference.

According to numerous reports, the two people in custody in connection with the Dugard case are Phillip Craig Garrido, 58, of Antioch and his wife, Nancy Garrido, 55.

Phillip Garrido is being held in lieu of $1 million bail at Contra Costa County Jail in Martinez on suspicion of kidnapping, rape by force, lewd and lascivious acts with a minor, sexual penetration and conspiracy, the newspaper is reporting.

According to meganslaw.ca.gov, the California state Web site that tracks sex offenders, a Phillip Craig Garrido is a registered sex offender in Antioch for the crime of forcible rape.

His profile can be viewed here:

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/cgi/prosoma.dll?searchby=offender&;;id=14299162D0546.

Federal records show him serving a stint in federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan., in the 1980s.

The El Dorado County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that Jaycee Lee Dugard, abducted June 10, 1991 from South Lake Tahoe when she was 11, walked into a Concord-area police station Wednesday afternoon.

"1991 kidnap victim Jaycee Dugard has been located in good health in the greater Bay Area of California.

"At the time of incident it was reported that a vehicle occupied by two individuals drove up to Jaycee Dugard and abducted her in view of her stepfather," states a news release from El Dorado Lt. Bryan Gomitz. "Since the date of occurrence the investigation has been ongoing and today's events could bring it to a resolution."

According to the San Jose Mercury News, Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, said Dugard's mother, Terry Probyn, spoke with Jaycee and is en route to Northern California from her Riverside County home.

Jaycee was abducted while walking to the bus stop on Washoan Boulevard. The kidnapping drew national attention but never was solved.

A man and woman have been arrested in connection with the case and booked into County Jail in Martinez, Jimmy Lee, spokesman for the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office told the Conta Costa Times.

He deferred further comment to the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department.

http://www.tahoebonanza.com/article/20090827/NEWS/908279961/1061&ParentProfile=1050
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2009, 04:12:06 PM »

The article I posted said he claimed to be the father of the children.  I am sick. 
Going to make some fresh pasta so I can beat on it  a while, while kneading.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

There is another 1:30 press release according to News 10.  The two small children he said were hers and his at the police station.  They are trying to get a live signal for it. 
She was taken 91 then he was in prison - so where was she when he was in prison???
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2009, 04:16:18 PM »

Federal records show him serving a stint in federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan., in the 1980s.

Hmmmm, interesting!

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2009, 04:19:40 PM »

This story is becoming more and more disturbing - these people better fry.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/News/2009_Press_Releases/Aug_27.html
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2009, 04:26:09 PM »

Hmmmm, interesting!

Look at my last link.........wonder where she was when he was in jail - guess the wife.
He also told cops that Jaycee was his wife and the two children were theirs - 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.