May 28, 2024, 02:05:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 397159 times)
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #340 on: February 24, 2010, 08:56:44 PM »

Hi Trim and all!   Anybody have any thoughts on how the homeowners insurance would cover slander?  I really don't think they would.

Oddly, I just received my premium notice for my homeowner's insurance and it specifically lists slander and/or libel as not covered. 

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #341 on: February 24, 2010, 09:01:28 PM »

Hi Trim and all!   Anybody have any thoughts on how the homeowners insurance would cover slander?  I really don't think they would.

Hi Dih!  I have no idea.....I checked our policy and slander is not mentioned...not even close!

I found this under a Traveler's Ins. site........Umbrella Coverage 101
Personal Injury: This all-inclusive definition covers many predicaments. Personal injury can take many forms, including: bodily injury, shock, emotional distress, mental anguish, sickness or disease, or death arising from any of the above. Personal injury also means false arrest, detention or imprisonment, malicious prosecution, wrongful entry or eviction, humiliation, libel or slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy.
http://www.travelersnj.com/buy_insurance/umbrella_101.asp

I don't know.

I also have an umbrella policy but I pay the premium separately and at a different time.  I don't know if it covers slander or not.  It's with State Farm.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: February 24, 2010, 10:32:03 PM »

Sunny,LMAO.   
I hope someone contributes to our commissary fund.   
I want cheese puffs and honey buns.   

Throw in some Zapp's ... 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2010, 11:00:51 PM »

Hi Dih!  I have no idea.....I checked our policy and slander is not mentioned...not even close!

Personal Injury: This all-inclusive definition covers many predicaments. Personal injury can take many forms, including: bodily injury, shock, emotional distress, mental anguish, sickness or disease, or death arising from any of the above. Personal injury also means false arrest, detention or imprisonment, malicious prosecution, wrongful entry or eviction, humiliation, libel or slander, defamation of character or invasion of privacy.

I don't know.

I also have an umbrella policy but I pay the premium separately and at a different time.  I don't know if it covers slander or not.  It's with State Farm.

Let me throw something else into the mix.  Your coverage is regulated by the state you live in.   There isn't a standardization of coverage.  It varies from state to state. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2010, 11:33:27 PM »

I don't know.

Hmmm, I'm with State Farm as well, but do not have the umbrella policy.  Maybe they are all different.  Wonder if the Geico dude can answer for us  LOL.  He's so cute....  Ok, I digress

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #345 on: February 25, 2010, 01:44:21 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22661294/detail.html

Casey Prosecutors Allowed To Keep Evidence Secret

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A judge in the case against Casey Anthony will allow prosecutors to keep possible new evidence a secret from the defense for at least the next 30 days.

Judge Stan Strickland signed an order Wednesday and said if prosecutors need to keep it sealed for more than a month, they have to tell him in writing why it's necessary.

Earlier this month WFTV found out new information had come to investigators that could be damaging to Casey, but just what the information was hasn't been released.

thanks ckrd!!  WOOHOO..................   now you know BOZO and the LionLady have to be wetting their pants!!

In many cases where they want to keep evidence secret it is a witness and most times an eyewitness. I am wondering if someone ratted KC out or if she told someone after the fact.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #346 on: February 25, 2010, 01:46:21 AM »

I don't know.

I heard one of the talking heads talking about this a long time ago and because KC is their daughter and supported by them they are responsible for her actions, just like if my child threw a rock through a neighbor's window. The homeowners pays under the liability portion.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #347 on: February 25, 2010, 01:52:29 AM »

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/
Where’d the millions go?
February 23, 2010 · 274 Comments

thanks trim....for the record, I have little faith in people who 'claim' that inside sources give them info it has been my experience that those close enough to really have inside info, are also smart enough and ethical enough to keep the info inside..JMO

think this poster said all that needs to be said.

mixologist74  // February 23, 2010 at 11:38 am

IMO, there is no reason that they shouldn’t have been working and keeping up with the payments, like anyone else would do. Did Scott Peterson’s parents quit their jobs and lose their home while Scott was on trial? What about other parents of murderers?

and I am one of those who think Dave is way too sympathetic to the A's...hey JMO

Way too sympathetic. There is no reason under the sun why both of those darn fools can't work, none.

I see him as just another left wing loon who makes excuses for persons who commit crimes. He looks like a left over hippie from the 60s, so who knows where those lame excuses come from. LOL

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: February 25, 2010, 01:59:22 AM »

By the way, about the Foreclosure Fiasco...can anyone explain to me why, in the midst of the legitimate tragedy of losing Caylee, Casey's arrest, subsequent court appearances, tv interviews, discovery of their granddaughter's Remains, George,  the Anthonys paid their mortgage?  A year almost to the date of Caylee's disapppearance is when they stopped paying.  They were not  being foreclosed on at that time--it took nine months for that process to happen.  It appears to me that during those chaotic months is when I would be unable to handle my bills and the basics of every day life.  But then again, I'm not special, like the A's.  It's stuff like this, and the ridiculous spin that Brad Conway puts on it, that makes people, (okay, me,) suspicious of their motives. 

IIRC, the first time they testified in court after KC was first arrested their house was either in foreclosure or pre-foreclosure at that time according to CA's testimony. In one of the documents released early on their house in Ohio had been foreclosed on so they have a pattern of financial irresponsibility.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #349 on: February 25, 2010, 02:06:58 AM »

Oooh, Lenny as a Landlord?  This will be the new reality show, starring the A's!  Kind of like "Three's Company".  Every episode would include at least one of the dubious characters we've seen, doing something nefarious.  Special guest stars:  Dennis and Sherri Milstead as their wacky best friends.  Pilot episode: Bass fishing with the A's.  And then hijinks ensue.

I sense another funny you tube video coming.

Brad Conway, the attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, told Local 6 News that the family is not interested in Padilla's potential help with the foreclosure process.

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: February 25, 2010, 03:42:22 AM »

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A judge in the case against Casey Anthony will allow prosecutors to keep possible new evidence a secret from the defense for at least the next 30 days.

Judge Stan Strickland signed an order Wednesday and said if prosecutors need to keep it sealed for more than a month, they have to tell him in writing why it's necessary.

Earlier this month WFTV found out new information had come to investigators that could be damaging to Casey, but just what the information was hasn't been released.

Tell me something good...tell me that you like   O YEA     We can pretty much rest assure that this is HUGE!

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: February 25, 2010, 03:52:38 AM »

I am wondering something........I was assuming that when the SA asked for this delay that the delay would be for a lot longer than 30 days??  I was thinking indefinitely or until trial.  What does 30 days do for them?  I am very curious about this.

JS ordered that the prosecution has a seal for 30 days & they have to inform him why they feel it should be sealed longer within that time frame, its not a seal for the next 30 days only but a granted one with a request that they file just cause as to why the seal should continue thereafter that time period just ordered.

NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: February 25, 2010, 04:09:18 AM »

I am wondering something........I was assuming that when the SA asked for this delay that the delay would be for a lot longer than 30 days??  I was thinking indefinitely or until trial.  What does 30 days do for them?  I am very curious about this.

JS ordered that the prosecution has a seal for 30 days & they have to inform him why they feel it should be sealed longer within that time frame, its not a seal for the next 30 days only but a granted one with a request that they file just cause as to why the seal should continue thereafter that time period just ordered.

This is such a relief! Oh... to be a fly on the wall!
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #353 on: February 25, 2010, 06:49:15 AM »

I don't know.

I heard one of the talking heads talking about this a long time ago and because KC is their daughter and supported by them they are responsible for her actions, just like if my child threw a rock through a neighbor's window. The homeowners pays under the liability portion.

Not actually true - if the child is over 18 (and not mentally incompetent) the kid stands for them selves. This is different only if the parents assisted in some way. I know that the attorneys make the argument that the parents should have known but in this case I do nto think that argument could be made. KC did her thing (with the exception of the murder) outside the home. There was no way for the parents to control her or prevent her from doing what she did. Now, if CA or GA was sued it would be a whole diffent matter.  Either way, I am not sure it will matter - if the A's were thinking homeowner insurance would pay for it they would have missed the boat already - there is a duty to put the insurance on notice at the time of the complaint being filed or as soon as you know about the possible claim. Then the insurance company can send someone to defend you to protect them.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2010, 06:50:19 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/02/casey-anthony-state-can-keep-evidence-from-defense-for-30-days.html

Casey Anthony: State can keep evidence from defense for 30 days
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on February, 24 2010 6:59 PM
Discuss This: Comments(63) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Casey Anthony’s defense team won’t see some new evidence that prosecutors have for at least a month.

Judge Stan Strickland today ruled that the state can keep the information secret for 30 days, WKMG-Channel 6 reported. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

“No one is allowed to describe what the sensitive information is,” anchor Mike Garofalo said. “At the end of this 30-day period, prosecutors will either have to turn the information over to the defense or ask the judge to approve another delay in disclosure.”

What does it all mean?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: February 25, 2010, 07:04:34 AM »

I don't know.

Let me throw something else into the mix.  Your coverage is regulated by the state you live in.   There isn't a standardization of coverage.  It varies from state to state. 

That's what I was reading in the middle of the night, because I could not quit thinking about this. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #356 on: February 25, 2010, 07:12:19 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-delay-information-releas20100224,0,5163178.story
Casey Anthony case: Judge allows state to delay release of information
Judge gives prosecutors 30 days.

By Sarah Lundy, Orlando Sentinel

5:05 p.m. EST, February 24, 2010
A judge in the murder case against Casey Anthony sided with prosecutors, allowing them to delay the release of information to the public and her defense team.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland is giving prosecutors 30 days before the details will be made public. The information could be released earlier if the reason for the delay no longer exists, he wrote in his one-page order. He also is allowing the state to ask him for an extension if there is still a good cause for a delay.

It's unclear what information the state has. It's described in public court documents as "certain material and information" that have "come into the possession of law enforcement."

Prosecutors provided Strickland with a sealed request that explained why they needed the time.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie. Remains of the two-year-old were found on Dec. 11, 2008 in woods near her family home in east Orange County. The toddler was reported missing to authorities in July 2008 — a month after her mother claimed she last saw the child.

Officials ruled Caylee's death a homicide but could not determine her cause of death.

The state is seeking the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who remains in the Orange County Jail.

Morning Trim and all Monkeys!   

"certain material and information"...hmn wonder what it is?

Wonder if Lee has come up with something and is willing to turn on his sister?! 
That would make a lot of Monkeys happy! 

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2010, 07:15:26 AM »

Tell me something good...tell me that you like   O YEA     We can pretty much rest assure that this is HUGE!

HUGE! ...oh I hope so!   ::HelloKitty::Capps

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #358 on: February 25, 2010, 07:24:36 AM »

This is what I gathered from another site, written by a very well respected Lawyer  (not Hornsby!)
The Judge has allowed them 30 days to continue an investigation....

"An active investigation must relate to someone involved in the defense team, or the Anthony family, or is at least an investigation that LE believes one of those people might interfere with- otherwise there would be no need to delay disclosure of the information to defense".

I will be on the edge of my seat for 30 days now.
The Judge should have given them 31 days, don't you think? 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2010, 07:33:14 AM »

This is what I gathered from another site, written by a very well respected Lawyer  (not Hornsby!)
The Judge has allowed them 30 days to continue an investigation....

"An active investigation must relate to someone involved in the defense team, or the Anthony family, or is at least an investigation that LE believes one of those people might interfere with- otherwise there would be no need to delay disclosure of the information to defense".

I will be on the edge of my seat for 30 days now.
The Judge should have given them 31 days, don't you think? 

Monkey Devil! 

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.