June 03, 2024, 06:00:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #19 8/05/10 - 8/27/10  (Read 438221 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2460 on: August 24, 2010, 09:37:04 PM »

All right, that's it. I quit! I'm gonna turn in my resignation tomorrow! I'm like 10 pages behind, haven't canned a thing this year, have totally screwed up my telephone family connection times, missed tons of time with my grands, and you Monks have waaaay too much fun without me!! Monkey Devil!

I've been working since 8 this am, work work, then 2 doc appointments, then shopping and errands then get home and spend 3 hours working on hubby's business mailing. Now, I am done for the day...which gives me about 30 minutes of play time.

You guys gotta slow down!

good to see ya T!

Tolerance
Monkey Junky

Praying for the children.

« Reply #2461 on: August 24, 2010, 09:46:28 PM »

hi everybody..
GreenEyes..I am laughing about you walking around scratching your bum! too funny...
Allergies must be awful right now! everyone seems to be affected by them! DILs are both miserable with it! headaches and watery eyes...glad I don't have allergies..

I pampered myself this afternoon after I took the grand daughters home...went to 5 Guys Burgers with my son, DIL and 2 grand daughters AFTER I got a pedicure and my nails done..then after dinner I went to get a massage...Tolerance you will know this place.. Weiss Morris Spa...love that place...so now I am all relaxed and feeling groovy...hmmmm...maybe a nice glass of wine and a few Dove Chocolates to top it all off...
Girl, your life is my dream!!
BTW, PJ and I often walk as far as WM Spa.  If that is the one I think it is ............ near the doctor office and the car dealership?  across Fincham from the new senior housing?   If that it the right one you could have gone right from Fincham onto Anee Dr and found me and PJ.   How was 5 Guys Burgers?  I am going to have to postpone trying it.  I have eaten my way through missing Brian and have gained about 30 pounds over my fighting weight so have begun a new eating plan which certainly does NOT include burgers.................sigh...............I am so glad you had such a glorious day.   Wonderful.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2462 on: August 24, 2010, 09:48:57 PM »

All right, that's it. I quit! I'm gonna turn in my resignation tomorrow! I'm like 10 pages behind, haven't canned a thing this year, have totally screwed up my telephone family connection times, missed tons of time with my grands, and you Monks have waaaay too much fun without me!! Monkey Devil!

I've been working since 8 this am, work work, then 2 doc appointments, then shopping and errands then get home and spend 3 hours working on hubby's business mailing. Now, I am done for the day...which gives me about 30 minutes of play time.

And you must be exhausted  an angelic monkey  We have talked a lot today  Monkey Devil!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2463 on: August 24, 2010, 09:50:27 PM »

hi everybody..
GreenEyes..I am laughing about you walking around scratching your bum! too funny...
Allergies must be awful right now! everyone seems to be affected by them! DILs are both miserable with it! headaches and watery eyes...glad I don't have allergies..

I pampered myself this afternoon after I took the grand daughters home...went to 5 Guys Burgers with my son, DIL and 2 grand daughters AFTER I got a pedicure and my nails done..then after dinner I went to get a massage...Tolerance you will know this place.. Weiss Morris Spa...love that place...so now I am all relaxed and feeling groovy...hmmmm...maybe a nice glass of wine and a few Dove Chocolates to top it all off...
A nice day of pampering sounds good, a massage really sounds wonderful 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2464 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »

hi everybody..

BTW, PJ and I often walk as far as WM Spa.  If that is the one I think it is ............ near the doctor office and the car dealership?  across Fincham from the new senior housing?   If that it the right one you could have gone right from Fincham onto Anee Dr and found me and PJ.   How was 5 Guys Burgers?  I am going to have to postpone trying it.  I have eaten my way through missing Brian and have gained about 30 pounds over my fighting weight so have begun a new eating plan which certainly does NOT include burgers.................sigh...............I am so glad you had such a glorious day.   Wonderful.
Maybe one day a week like a Sunday you can indulge and eat a burger? I use to do that one day a week, but unfortunately could not stop with just one treat    Good luck with your new eating plan  an angelic monkey  Good night everyone, off to watch TV.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2465 on: August 24, 2010, 09:58:12 PM »

Update on Lumpy

The vet took bloodwork and gave him a complete exam. He agreed that he had lost a fair amount of weight but didn't want to change his dosage of meds without the lab tests but suggested I give him a special supliment. He also pointed out that Hobbs has lost about 50 lbs but again it has to do with lack of appetite due to heat and humidity.
He looked at me like I'd grown another head when I asked him his opinion of an airconditioned stall   He suggested that if the huge barn fan (sounds like a jet revving up) scares them to go buy 3 or 4 quiet fans and put them around the barn. I'm sure he thinks i"m NUTS

I'll know in 3 or 4 days his lab results and they will adjust his meds or not.

By the way Hobbs stole his hat Monkey Devil!

Can donkeys eat Calf Manna?  Years ago that stuff saved a gelding of mine.
pets for Lumpy or hugs or ? whatever he likes best.

They like their ears rubbed. I have to be careful because he has Cushings and has foundered in the past. He was sedated and was so drunk he was just acting goofy  Hobbs was just being his badboy self.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2466 on: August 24, 2010, 10:07:02 PM »

hi everybody..

ok..I have seen Anee Drive..definitely know where Fincham is...there is so much senior housing lately..do you mean the one across from the big movie theater complex?
WM is by the Toyota Dealership...across from Forest Plaza...
this is so fun talking to someone who lives where I live! you know all the same places that I know..
5 Guys was really good..you could eat just the hamburger, no bun...go on the Southbeach Diet..I love that diet..can eat all you want of the right foods...
anyone tried Weight Watchers? how is their food?
Goodnite Rosie! I might not be far behind..

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2467 on: August 24, 2010, 10:07:42 PM »

Donks...what is Cushings exactly?

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2468 on: August 24, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »

Tolerance I was reading back and wanted you to know how sorry I am about your husband. Your pup is adorable and will definitely help you get through the bad times..After my husband died I was lost and we had bought 60 acres to retire on and I had never lived outside a city in my life. You will be amazed how adaptable you can be. If you sell your house and move to an apartment you will be so busy with all the details of moving and meeting new neighbours that time will fly. As they say "Keep on keeping on"  Best wishes for your new adventures.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2469 on: August 24, 2010, 10:22:52 PM »

Presence of a benign tumor in the pituitary gland is considered as main cause for Cushing's disease. The tumor induces excessive secretion of cortisol. The growth of the tumor causes the breakdown of the neurons in hypothalamus, thus resulting in malfunction of hypothalamus and hence the pituitary gland.
Causes laminitis (founder) excessive thirst and inability to shed heavy winter coat. We had to clip Lumpy for comfort in the heat.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2470 on: August 24, 2010, 10:29:03 PM »

Presence of a benign tumor in the pituitary gland is considered as main cause for Cushing's disease. The tumor induces excessive secretion of cortisol. The growth of the tumor causes the breakdown of the neurons in hypothalamus, thus resulting in malfunction of hypothalamus and hence the pituitary gland.
Causes laminitis (founder) excessive thirst and inability to shed heavy winter coat. We had to clip Lumpy for comfort in the heat.

oh....geez.....that doesn't sound so good...I have heard of it before...

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2471 on: August 24, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »

Update on Lumpy

The vet took bloodwork and gave him a complete exam. He agreed that he had lost a fair amount of weight but didn't want to change his dosage of meds without the lab tests but suggested I give him a special supliment. He also pointed out that Hobbs has lost about 50 lbs but again it has to do with lack of appetite due to heat and humidity.
He looked at me like I'd grown another head when I asked him his opinion of an airconditioned stall   He suggested that if the huge barn fan (sounds like a jet revving up) scares them to go buy 3 or 4 quiet fans and put them around the barn. I'm sure he thinks i"m NUTS

Thanks for the up date on Lumpy. That sounds like a lot of weight to loose. Prayers his blood work comes back okay. an angelic monkey    Glad to hear that Hobbs was up to par even with the heat. 
He was probably thinking :I wished all my clients were this caring of their animals and pets. " I sure hope it is cooling off for you. We went down to 90 today which felt so much cooler than the 100's we have had for the last month or more.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2472 on: August 24, 2010, 10:54:17 PM »

oh....geez.....that doesn't sound so good...I have heard of it before...
With good medical care and farrier work he is happy and comfortable. We just have to go that extra mile to keep him that way. The vet says that this is probably the best he's felt in years so that is good and so far his immune system has not been affected  He really is a lovable little character.

mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2473 on: August 24, 2010, 10:55:26 PM »

4donks 

Thanks for the update on Lumpy....I am sure prayers are being answered.
I would have thought you were an original country gal...you have so much knowledge of taking care of a farm...I bet your husband would be very proud of you to carry on the dream the two of you had.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2474 on: August 24, 2010, 10:59:34 PM »

4donks 

I would have thought you were an original country gal...you have so much knowledge of taking care of a farm...I bet your husband would be very proud of you to carry on the dream the two of you had.
You're almost right...it was his dream and my nightmare

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2475 on: August 24, 2010, 11:09:22 PM »

good to see ya T!

Tevye come on down to Alabama and we'll rent a bulldozer and just move hills around and sit on the porch and listen to the donks sing. Then you can go back and take care of business

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2476 on: August 24, 2010, 11:13:02 PM »

4donks 

You're almost right...it was his dream and my nightmare

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2477 on: August 25, 2010, 01:14:58 AM »

Update on Lumpy

Had to log in to tend to donkey business!

So glad to hear Lumpy is okay. I sure hope his tests come back with flying colors!

Let me know if I got the donkeys right in these!

Hobbs with the vet's hat!

Silly Hobbs tried to play keep-away and gave the hat to Lumpy so he'd feel better

Did I get the guys right? If not, please label them from left to right for me so I'll be sure to remember their names.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I read every day, every post!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2478 on: August 25, 2010, 01:42:10 AM »

Before I log out, I want to welcome Tolerance to the thread! It's been a joy reading your posts!

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2479 on: August 25, 2010, 02:02:02 AM »

Update on Lumpy

Had to log in to tend to donkey business!

So glad to hear Lumpy is okay. I sure hope his tests come back with flying colors!

Let me know if I got the donkeys right in these!

Hobbs with the vet's hat!

Silly Hobbs tried to play keep-away and gave the hat to Lumpy so he'd feel better

Did I get the guys right? If not, please label them from left to right for me so I'll be sure to remember their names.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I read every day, every post!

Yeah Brandi's here
The donks have missed you (me too)!

From lt to rt...Hobbs,Otis,Cappy,The Lumpster

The vet orders these hats from Canada and is VERY protective of them so Hobbs only goes after his hat the little stinker. He KNOWS! Monkey Devil!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.